main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Robepattern

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by sithjeff, Sep 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sithjeff

sithjeff Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2005
    I need a pattern for a jedi robe. could someone send it to me? not just give me a link to a site

2. Jedi-Loreen

Jedi-Loreen Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2002
    Are you actually asking for someone to send you their pattern? :eek: [face_thinking]

3. sithjeff

sithjeff Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2005
    no just any pattern

4. Idontneedasn

Idontneedasn Jedi Youngling

Jul 24, 2005
    Either use: Simplicity 4450, or Simplicity 5840. They can be found at fabrics stores, but i got mine at Wal-mart for $8.00.

4450 is more of a jedi Robe and 5840 is more of a "Fantasy" Robe.

5. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Sithjeff, for your info, Commercial Patterns don't come cheap on a regular day and unfortunately some of us gotten ours at its original pricetag.

Then again, the pattern is not perfect and must be modified further to make it closer to the original or fit our body shape.

Redrawn/redrafted ones don't come easily either. From my experience making them lately, one have to spend a bit more time figuring out which line to trace, modification to make and a long table or floor plus good lighting to be able to draw patterns meant for Robes, Tunics etc etc.

So your best option is to go to your local Joann or Walmart or Spotlight and look for any of the commercial patterns recommanded. On a budget? Then wait for the Sale time for these pattern at those stores.

In a hurry or got money to spare? Go find a tailor/seamtress to make it for you.

6. Amanita

Amanita Jedi Youngling star 2

May 12, 2003
    SithJeff, are you asking for us to mail you paper patterns, or email you a set of instructions?
    If the other posters are correct, and you're asking to have a paper pattern sent to you, then
    I must concur that your expectations are a little high.

As it's been said, commercial paper patterns can be very costly by times, and they need to be modified to make them look right for what we're doing. And redrafted patterns aren't going to be given away for free, either. I tried two of my cape patterns before finding one that worked for making a Jedi robe, as per the tutorial on padawansguide.org. And even then, it involved alot of crawling around on the floor to trace and draw it out, not to mention cutting. As it stands right now, I've made one robe from the pattern which turned out pretty well, but I still see room for improvement, therefore I will be adjusting the pattern some more.
    So with that kind of work involved, you can see why we're not clambering to give our paper and redrafted patterns away for free.

Now, if you were offering money or trade to purchase a modified pattern, that would be different.

7. UltraSWG

UltraSWG Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 20, 2005
    I think he's asking for someone to email him a pattern. Just FYI, patterns are large. You'd need a commercial plotter to print one out... not to mention one honkin scanner...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.