main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Robin Hood BBC] Tales From Sherwood [UDC5] -- Week 20 up 9/30

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by Storms_Legacy, May 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Ranger
    :_| Love the last line, though.

Cavalier
    Love the tone, how it's all happy, and then a split moment later, we're left hanging with that last line.

Thief
    I've always liked Meg, I really wish that she had lasted more than one episode. Such a shame... waste a great character; her interactions with Gisborne were splendid.

Acrobat
    Love the first line! [face_laugh] Love Djaq playing games with Will.

Barbarian
    "I need to learn to hit harder than Guy." Oooh! [face_beatup]

Boys
    Aww, Djaq's growing feelings for Will... [face_love] She is one of the boys, but yet not. :p

Mountain
    Love how this one pairs off with Cavalier from the previous set. :)

Town
    Aww, poor Will! Lovely ruminations.

Controversy
    "He was trapped by loyalty." Too right... too right.

Profanity
    Oh, that dear old Sheriff. Swearing up and down the halls... I can totally picture that!

Nice updates. :)

~Idri

2. Storms_Legacy

Storms_Legacy Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 29, 2007
    Idri: Thank you so much! I'm really glad that you liked all of them! I have to agree about Meg - it was a shame that they didn't let her live, and certainly a waste of an awesome character. But they did that a lot with their characters, I've noticed...all of my favorites ended up dead.

Spoilers: Seasons 1 and 2 in general.

---------

Week 18

Steed //Much

When they were children, Robin was always the knight, riding around on his pony with Much chasing after him, pretending to be the outlaw that Robin would play at shooting with an imaginary bow.

He always died the most spectacular deaths when Robin ?killed? him. Once, he had fallen over and refused to get up because he was playing dead. Robin had dragged him into a mud puddle after that, but Much had gotten his revenge, and oh, had that revenge been sweet. So very sweet?

Thornton had not been happy when they came in all covered in mud later.

--------

Peel //Allan

All he actually had to do was run into someone, and he could get anything away from them he wanted. Allan-A-Dale was one of the fastest thieves in all of Nottingham. He never got caught.

Until he actually did get caught. For poaching deer.

Now, in that situation, he would have normally tried to get out of it, and he would have had a better excuse?only he still hadn?t thought he would get caught?

After all, getting caught was for idiots. Wait, that made him an idiot, too. That did not work at all. He wasn?t an idiot. Okay, maybe?

---------

Gale //Robin

She was furious. She had not taken his news well, but rather thrown the betrothal ring he had given her at his head. It had flown outside of the window after that.

Robin had left it wherever it had landed (part of him hoped that she would find it again) and simply left. He had thought she would understand. He had thought that she would be proud of him for doing his duty to king and country. She was not.

Next, she was whirling about, looking for the beloved ring. She could not find it, but she did days later?

--------

Stylish //Guy

Marian of Knighton was always the most beautiful woman at the banquets. Her soft brown hair and her crystalline blue eyes were striking. Her porcelain skin was flawless in the torchlight. Her dress was always perfectly cut to be flattering, always at the height of Nottingham fashion.

She was the most beautiful woman he had ever seen, save for his mother, Lady Ghislane, before her death.

Guy would give anything for a chance to win Marian ? he saw all of the suitors trailing behind her, but he saw how she rejected every single one.

He knew he could win her.

--------

Needed //Marian

He was their hero. He was their defender and their hope.

He was her hero. Marian called him a fool, but she loved him more than she ever thought she could. She said she hated him, but in reality, all she wanted to say to him was I love you. She said she would never marry Robin Hood, but she meant I would marry him no matter what, Guy of Gisborne. Not you. I love him.

She needed Robin as much as England did. Yet, she knew that she could never have him because of that. They needed him, too.

3. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    Steed
    I can imagine Much being "killed" by Robin... seems exactly the kind of thing they would play as boys! :)

Peel
    I love how Allan's mind works... Only idiots get caught, but that would make him an idiot. [face_laugh] Oh, Allan... It's kind of cute. [face_love]

Gale
    [face_laugh] Marian throwing the betrothal ring at him. That would make a hilarious picture! And then naturally she goes into a frenzy trying to find it. How very Marian. I like how there is a bit of humour mixed into the seriousness of the situation.

Stylish
    Guy's confidence (and ego?) is staggering. :p ;)

Needed
    Love Marian's realisation at the end. She needs Robin, but so does everyone else. I get the sense that she knows she will learn to make sacrifices because of that realisation. :)

Excellent drabble set! :D I really love these snippets; the characterisation is wonderful on all of them and it's amazing how much depth you can get out of just a few words. :) You've really refreshed my liking for the series! [:D]

4. Storms_Legacy

Jan 29, 2007
    Idri - Thank you so much! I'm so glad that you think they're that good and that I've refreshed your taste for the series. I've got an actual story that I'm working on that I might start posting after this one is done. I have to say I agree, though, about Allan. And I love the whole thing with Marian throwing her ring at Robin's head...it seems to be a recurring theme in stuff I write. But seriously, thank you. I really appreciate your kind words. [:D]

Spoilers: Season 2 in general, references to 3x10 (?Bad Blood?).

--------

Week 19

Theater //Allan

This was fabulous. Absolutely fabulous. He had just gotten kicked out of the gang, and the first thing that the Sheriff did when he found that Allan was working for Guy was try to boil him in oil.

Admittedly, it was to try to kill Robin, not Allan, but still. It was not fair.

?I?m not being funny, but why do I always get stuck in these situations?? he asked himself.

That was a good question, but he still had to get out of being the entertainment. Preferably alive, if he could manage it. He wasn?t sure he could, though?

--------

Singing //Malcolm

Malcolm of Locksley paused by the door to his only son?s room. The boy lay quietly in his bed, slumbering deeply. The poor boy had been through so much pain in the last few days without his mother.

He had had such a hard time getting to sleep earlier, even with his father?s gentle voice lulling him into unconsciousness. The loss of his mother at such a young age had already made a great impact on Robin.

But his son was a strong lad, bearing the grief better than his father did. He was proud of his son for that.

--------

Jokes //Much

He was tired of the squirrel jokes. Very, very tired of them. Every time he turned around, they seemed to be asking if the chicken he cooked was a squirrel. He had half a mind to actually catch a squirrel for them.

Three days later, they asked him what the meat they were having for dinner was.

?Squirrel,? he answered. They just stared at him. They had asked for it, after all.

?Squirrel?? Allan asked. Much gave him a slightly annoyed look. Typical of the thief not to listen to him.

?That?s what I said, isn?t it??

?You made squirrel?!?!?

--------

Guests //Marian

Marian was sick of unwanted guests. It had been different in Knighton Hall, when her father had still been alive. It was different when it was Robin, even if his visits had been somewhat unwanted from time to time.

However, the fact that Guy kept coming to her room was irritating her now. He had sent Allan at least twice to fetch her for some reason or another, and even the Sheriff had stopped by unannounced.

The only unannounced visitor she was glad to see anymore was Robin. When he was with her, she did not feel quite so trapped.

--------

Puppets //Robin

There was one thing Robin of Locksley was not willing to do, and that was be a puppet in the Sheriff?s schemes.

Had he known what he was getting into the moment he made that split-second decision, he did not think he would have been willing to make a different decision. There were others that he wished to take back, but never that one.

He was not a pawn to play with, and he intended to make sure Vaisey knew that very well. The Sheriff of Nottingham was going to pay for what he had done, and so was Gisborne?

5. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    You are most definitely welcome! [:D]

Theatre - poor, poor Alan. He's such a butt monkey, it's kind of funny, but then really not... Maybe that's the point, though. :p

Singing - Awww, so sweet! [face_love]

Jokes - Hehehehe... squirrel. [face_laugh]

Guests - you have to feel sorry for Marian and the society in which she lives. Love the last line of this one! [face_love]

Puppets - oh yes, the classic feelings of revenge against Nottingham and Gisborne. I think this prompt really suited Robin. :)

=D=

6. Storms_Legacy

Jan 29, 2007
    Idri: Yeah, Allan does end up being the butt of most of the jokes...particularly mine, because I like to abuse him, mainly because I didn't like him until I started watching season one again while doing these drabbles. Poor, poor Allan... Glad you liked this set.

Spoilers: Season 2 in general, season 2 finale, season 3 finale.

--------

Week 20

Girl //Much

In the end, it was always supposed to be the hero who got the girl. Every story Much had ever heard had always said that it was never the sidekick who got what he wanted.

There were times that he felt that that was right. This was not one of them. Racing after his former master proved that. This time, neither of them got what they wanted. Robin had lost Marian and Much was probably never going to see Eve again.

Perhaps that was how it was meant to be ? the heroes always had to give up everything for others?

--------
    Secret //Marian

Lady Marian of Knighton made little secret of the fact that she was in love with Robin Hood. To him, at least. She knew that if she was ever found out, she would lose everything. She could not afford to see her father hanged for how she felt. She would die as well, without any chance of having a semblance of normal life with Robin some day.

She would dream of that while she could, and perhaps hope that one day it might come true. Maybe once the Sheriff was taken down, they could be happy? Only time would tell.

--------

Blood //Archer

He felt guilty for surviving.

He had never felt guilty for surviving.

Then again, he had never actually taken up a cause that wasn?t his own before.

Nor, however, had he ever lost a sibling before. Now he had lost three in one day. His sister, he would admit, had not been mourned. She had had no qualms about killing him.

Robin and Guy were different. He almost wished he had actually gotten to know them. They had fought side by side, brothers at the last.

But for all their words and great skill with their swords, they died anyway.

--------

Magic //Robin

There was something about being Robin Hood now. Perhaps it was the way people talked about him. Or perhaps it was the way all of them loved him.

No. That was not it. He knew that there was something about his life that made him happier than anything else. Marian.

She was his light, his spark, his beautiful Marian. She was his living inspiration. Every little bit of being Robin Hood was what he did with her in mind. He loved her more than anything else.

They would be together in the end. He was sure of they would be.

--------

Slayer //Allan

?I want them dead, Gisborne!!?

Vaisey was shouting again. That was nothing new.

Allan-A-Dale sighed to himself, leaning back against the wall again. Joy of all joys, he was probably going to get dragged into this yet again.

In retrospect, he really could have been smarter with his choices. He could have made better ones and not gotten himself into this. The forest would be better than this. At least his friends were there.

I?m not being funny, Sheriff, but you?re really killing my patience, he thought to himself.

?Allan!!?

Great. What could he have possibly done wrong this time?

7. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    I totally thought I had commented! :eek:

Anyway, what an excellent wrap to a wonderful series! I really liked all of them, and I love how you could do so many different things with each of the characters, even with the 100 word limit. Yay, drabbles! :D Congrats on finishing the challenge! =D=

8. Storms_Legacy

Jan 29, 2007
    Idri: Thank you so much! I'm so pleased that you liked all of them. I really love writing Robin Hood stuff and I'm glad that I did well with the characters for my first try at a lot of them. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.