Robot chicken....a question

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV' started by SithLord_1270, Feb 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SithLord_1270 Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Now that Disney owns Star Wars, IF the folks & Robot Chicken wanted to do another Star Wars themed show, would they allow it? Or for that matter if the makers of Family Guy wanted to do another one?
  2. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Force Ghost

star 5
    I would hope both shows know better than to spew out yet more Star Wars specials. Three apiece is more than enough, especially when the majority of the material is cringe-worthy unfunny.
    Last edited by ImNotAStarWarsFanboy, Feb 19, 2013
    Hank Hill and anakinfansince1983 like this.
  3. Seerow SWTV★Mod

Manager
    star 6
    I dunno, both shows seem kinda screwed these days without using the SW material.
    SithStarSlayer likes this.
  4. TaradosGon SWTV Mod - Like Palpatine with animals

Manager
    star 4
    I liked the Robot Chicken specials. Family Guy as a whole has declined IMO as far as quality of humor, and I thought all of the Star Wars specials were pretty bad. Half of it seemed like a 1-1 reenactment of the film, with the other half consisting of lame attempts at jokes.

As for what would happen if they wanted to do further Family Guy or Robot Chicken specials, I have no idea. Probably would not happen. When LucasFilm was an independent entity, Lucas didn't really seem particularly concerned with staying ultra competitive or protective of the IP and seemed willing to work with Seth McFarlane simply because Lucas himself was a fan of Family Guy.

But now that Disney owns LucasFilm, I don't think the same will happen, but I don't know that.

For instance Robot Chicken made a DC Comics special, but both DC and Cartoon Network are owned by Time Warner. If Robot Chicken wanted to do a Marvel one (or Star Wars), both owned by Disney, I don't think it would happen.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.