main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Colum, OH Robot Chicken: Star Wars

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by lazer310, Jul 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lazer310

lazer310 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Apr 23, 2000
    It's finally out on DVD. Has anyone picked it up yet? Are the special features any good?

2. Jo-Nich

Jo-Nich Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 25, 2005
    Curious to hear about these extras...like maybe the other 15 minutes of the show. :rolleyes:

3. ShadaErsari

ShadaErsari Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 17, 2003
    There was another 15 minutes of the show?

Haven't picked it up yet. Probably next week.

4. Jo-Nich

Jo-Nich Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 25, 2005
    LOL, no. I was poking fun at the fact that the show was only like 15 minutes. Funny...but short.

5. ShadaErsari

Sep 17, 2003
    lol Gotcha. ;) Took me a second... I thought that they actually extended the show to a half-hour for the Star Wars special as the typical Robot Chicken episodes are only 15 minutes long. I could be wrong, though - it's been a while.

But hey, to go along with all of that, I think they added in some bonus scenes or ideas that they were tossing around but they never aired. I read some of the Q&A session that was posted on StarWars.com, and they sorta commented about that.

Read in the paper today, by the way, that the Star Wars Edition of Robot Chicken actually received an Emmy nomination. So now we've got more SW:RC fun headed our way according to the Columbus Dispatch this morning:

Another 'Star Wars' parody set
    Adult Swim has given a go-ahead to Robot Chicken: Star Wars Episode II, just days after the original show landed an Emmy nomination for best animated program.

The sequel will make its debut Nov. 16.

Many members of the voice cast from the first special -- including original Star Wars actors Carrie Fisher and Billy Dee Williams -- will lend their talents again.

Also reprising their roles: Seth MacFarlane as Emperor Palpatine, Conan O'Brien as Zuckuss, Breckin Meyer as Adm. Ackbar and Boba Fett, and Ahmed Best as Jar Jar Binks.

Original article found here: http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/life/stories/2008/07/25/2_BROBITS25.ART_ART_07-25-08_D7_0CARA7U.html?type=rss&cat=&sid=101

6. lazer310

Apr 23, 2000
    The actual special was 22 minutes, which is twice as long as a regular RC show. I picked the DVD up, and was finally able to watch it last night. The extras are hilarious! Well worth the $9. All kinds of funny stuff. Aired bumps, un-aired bumps (which are 10 times funnier), Behind the Scenes, Clips from the RC panels at C4, production design, deleted scenes (In storyboard form), some other stuff I haven't got to watch yet, and there is an easter egg.

On the extra menu, you can select the button that Boba is pushing. Nothing spectacular, but it's still pretty cool.

7. ShadaErsari

Sep 17, 2003
    Clips from the C4 panels? Seriously? Dude, I wonder if the guy with the "Free Hugs" shirt is on there. lol That was hilarious.

And $9, huh? Not bad at all!

8. lazer310

Apr 23, 2000
    No, they dont show that part with the free hugs guy. They show the intro, and a few questions. Thats about it.

I got it for $9 at Circuit City. It's $10 at Best Buy and Wal Mart.

9. ShadaErsari

Sep 17, 2003
    Picked up my copy last week, and I can't remember when I've laughed harder. The extras have simply cracked me up, and I haven't even made it all the way through them, yet. Usually I'm not the type of person who sits down and watches every single extra on the DVD, but this is totally worth it.

I was hoping to get a little more info when it came to the commentary, but it wasn't too bad, really. It was pretty entertaining and interesting.

Seeing the panels stuff from CIV was just...mind-boggling because it seems like such a long time ago now. I felt like I was being taken back in time. It was great. I could almost hear the laughter from the audience members around me while I watched that or rewatched some of the trailers and clips that they showed us in the panel.

All in all, I think it was $10 well-spent.

And I'm looking forward to Episode II to be released on November 16th!

10. DarthFloyd

DarthFloyd Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2002
    Does everyone know about episode 2 of the Robot chicken star wars special? Its due out in november!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.