Rochester Heart Walk April 29, 2006

Discussion in 'Rochester, NY' started by TD-027, Apr 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TD-027 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Nicky,
    I left a voice mail message with Michele this morning, I also e-mailed her, hopefully I will get an answer from 1 of the 2. TTYS.

D-
  2. Recaf2000 Jedi Padawan

Woo Hoo! I have the day off :)
  3. TD-027 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Sweet! I'm glad you have the day off to come do the walk :).
  4. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Just got a call from Matt from the Rochester Insider in response to the press release I sent out...

He wanted to confirm the location (Blue Cross Arena) and times - I told him the walk kicked off at 10am, but that registration and opening ceremonies were taking place between 8am-10am.

He said they'll be sending a photographer out to cover the walk! So, we'll have to be on the lookout for them! :D

~Doc_Bev
  5. MadKidJedi Jedi Master

star 3
    Hey gang-

I JUST checked with my boss here at Nathaniel's Pub, and he has given our group the "Okay" to park in the Nathaniel's lot Saturday morning for the Walk. It's a quick 1/4 to 1/2 mile trot under the bridge and down the street to the front of the Arena. See you there!!
  6. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I'll bring your Rebellion t-shirt with me to the walk.

Do the walkers want to have signs on their chests or backs? I was picturing a 8x10 sign with The Hearts of Star Wars, a big heart, the Rebellion logo, the 501st logo and maybe a big number on there like a running participant would have. Thoughts?

~Doc_Bev
  7. TX4277 Jedi Knight

star 2
    That sounds pretty Cool actually.

Can my number be TC-4277 :)

8. TD-027 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Well we don't have to wear signs persay but, if anyone wanted to we could for fun :). I'm sure we will already be the most VISIBLE team there LOL!
  9. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I just thought in lieu of hanging our banner or handing out fliers like we usually do at events - these signs would do the same job and fit in better with the theme of the event.

~Doc_Bev
  10. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Here's what I've come up with so far...

[image=http://www.blums.net/ebay/heartwalksample.jpg]

~Doc_Bev
  11. TX4277 Jedi Knight

star 2
    too cool! I love it.

I want two :D
  12. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    [face_laugh] OK!

If other walkers want them as well - do they want TK-IDs, screenname, favorite number or something else on them?

I'm hoping to get them all printed by tomorrow afternoon, so please get back to me (you can just send me a PM) before then.

~Doc_Bev
  13. TD-027 Jedi Knight

star 2
    TB-2709 Please! LOL! Nice Job Nicky!
  14. MadKidJedi Jedi Master

star 3
    Nick-

SL-9658 for me. Thanx!
  15. RogueSquadronWingnut CR, The Rebellion, Rochester, NY

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    DZ-2898 for me.
    Thanks Nicky!
  16. T_StarFlyer Jedi Master

star 4
    T-Starflyer For me DarSolo for Daria, but Daria is unsure whether or not she can do it.
  17. wookie_cookie Jedi Knight

star 1
    Can you fit wookiee cookiee on there? If not, 1138 would be cool too.

Are we meeting at Nathaniel's parking lot at a certain time? They seem to have a lot of things going on inside that start at 8. Do we have to register and turn the money in as a group? I have some offline donations to turn in.

Thanks!
    Erica
  18. T_StarFlyer Jedi Master

star 4
    Good Question W.C...... I wasa thinking 9ish but I don't know. I didn't persue any donations so I'm gonna donat $10 to our team.

On another note Heidi here at wegmans ( the one who gave us the heads up on the Wegmans Promotions lastyear & the more recent BPO heads up) is walking also but has noone to walk with So I invided her to walk with us. I don't think she has a costume but she sais she'll wear a star wars t shirt ;-) I hope it's ok, I didn't think anyone would mind....... plus she may be a prospective memeber ;-)
  19. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    8am is a little early for me, but I'd be willing to try to get there as close to whenever everyone else was getting there as I could.

~Doc_Bev
  20. TD-027 Jedi Knight

star 2
    I was going to get there at 8:30. I think you can turn in extra money at registration, I think Lisa and I are going to turn in our money at that point too. See you all in the AM
  21. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    OK - I'll try to shoot for 8:30am, but it might be closer to 9am that I actually get to BCA. I'll try to remember the walkies though so that we can chat (especially since my cell is being flaky).

For the "walkers signs"

TC-4277 - printed
    DZ-2898 - printed
    SL-9658 - printed
    TB-2709 - printed
    Wookiee Cookiee - printed
    T-StarFlyer - printed
    Doc Bev - printed
    Recaf2000 - printed

DarSolo - pending confirmation
    Lisa M. - wasn't sure if she wanted one

Since these seem to be taking a really long time to print (and a lot of ink) I've only done 1 for each person so far. If I have more time before tomorrow morning I'll do up another set so that folks could wear one on each side if they want.

~Doc_Bev
  22. wookie_cookie Jedi Knight

star 1
    Emily and I will try to be there around 8:30. :) I hope its warm!!
  23. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Force Ghost

star 4
    Did you meet somewhere else after? I was at that bar from about 12:45 untill around 1:20.
  24. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Force Ghost

star 4
    Did you meet somewhere else after? I was at that bar from about 12:45 untill around 1:20. I did not remember what anyones car looked like so I did not know if things were running late or if you went somewhere else.
  25. T_StarFlyer Jedi Master

star 4
    You must have just missed us, The walk went Quicker thean planned, We got back to Nathaniels just before 11 We sat & had lunch & eneded up leaving just after 12:30
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.