main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Syra, NY Rochester hosting a Party

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Karate-Jedi, Dec 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Otto_den_Ktulu

Otto_den_Ktulu North Ridge Event Coordinator star 5

Jan 19, 2002
    It'd be best for us to find out the nearest amount of people by Saturday the 10th, just for a better buffer time.

2. DarthArjuna

DarthArjuna Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 14, 2002
    Ummm... something's wrong with the thread. I can't see page 2.

Anyways... There's a distinct possibility that Raef won't be able to come. However, Drogon said to tell you that he's coming. That makes three from Sherrill. What sort of food do you want us to bring? Baked goods, chips, etc.

Edit: Guess the 25th reply was deleted. That might explain it.

3. Karate-Jedi

Karate-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 4, 2003
    I don't know if I will be able to make it. I just checked out the directions and it's a 3 hour 167 mile trip, one way. I will have to see what I'm doing that weekend. I don't know if I have it off.

4. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Ouch Ian thats a lonnnng drive for you.
    I know we drove to NYC one year for a picnic and came back the same day LOL.....but I dont expect anyone else to be that crazy ;)

We really should start to focus on having a post party of our own :D

5. Raef_Wolfe

Raef_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2003
    :niffles:

Won't be able to come...can't come...:'(

I would much rather go than doing...ick...dancing...for the school musical. Bloody dancing. Have 3 left feet.

6. Otto_den_Ktulu

Jan 19, 2002
    Yeah, our school musical's that night too, and I'm the stage manager. Fortunatly for me tech call's at 5, and I've already talked to my tech director, and he said I could be 15 minutes to half an hour late. So I'm all set for the party ;)

7. DarkjediAssasin

DarkjediAssasin Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 7, 2003
    well, i'm definately coming alone with a friend of mine, although we'll be ariving somewhat late. i have some fundraising for my Eagle scout project to do tomorrow morning. see you all there ^_^

8. Padawan_Drogon

Padawan_Drogon Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 17, 2003
    Who here loves typos? I even like seeing how my own turn out. With that being siad, don't take this as personal criticism. I'm just noting an interesting way of looking at a typo:

"I'm coming alone with a friend"...I wish I was schizophrenic!

9. DarkjediAssasin

Sep 7, 2003
    oh go stick your head in a snow bank.....its not our fault that we cant type well.

10. DarthCrambette

DarthCrambette Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 6, 2002
    ^ [face_laugh]

Anyways, just stopping in to say hi and hope to see many of you next weekend!

11. Ancient_Guardian

Ancient_Guardian Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 2003
    IM ALIVE!!!...hey guys i gust spent like 30min trying to ceach up on what's going on...and i dont think i can go to the thing in chili... its kinda 3 hours away...and i dont think my mom will be willing to drive me...and my dad driving me is out of qestion because hes bin gon with the navy for the last 3 years so...looks are im not going to this one but i might be abule to change my moms mind or get my older bro to drive me!..but other that i had the funniest thing happen on sw kotor...my players hed disapered...it was gone their was nothing at all NOTHING...lmao ...sorry i thought it was funny.

12. Padawan_Drogon

Jun 17, 2003
    We will be passing through Syracuse/Liverpool on our way there. In theory I see no reason why we could not pick up another passenger, assuming permissions have been given.

13. Raef_Wolfe

Raef_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2003
    LMAO DJA!!!!!

:D

14. CONFUZED

CONFUZED Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 3, 2003
    I just wanted to drop a line in here and say hi. I'm the slave....I mean cook for the holiday party - :)

I just wanted to check with everyone that might be coming to see if there are any food allergies that I need to worry about. I'm working on a non-tomato sauce dish as well and wanted to see if there are any people that do not like sauces on their pasta - basically I need to know if I need to have plain pasta for any picky eaters - or kids.

Drop me a PM so I know if I need to get anything special made!

I look forward to seeing those that I've already met and meeting those that I haven't. See you all on Saturday! :) :) :)

Nicole

15. Ancient_Guardian

Ancient_Guardian Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 2003
    noooo...i nead sauce!..(im italian) what is pasta with out sauce...not a lot of sauce but you nead to have some sauce!!!

16. DarthArjuna

Aug 14, 2002
    Checklist of what to bring (correct me if I'm wrong on anything):

$5 entrance fee.
    Toy for shelter.
    Grab bag item (what sorts of things are we looking at for this?).
    Chips ([Ewok]yum-yum[/Ewok]), if that's alright with the powers that be.

Am I missing anything?

17. Otto_den_Ktulu

Jan 19, 2002
    For the grab bag, something under $5, unisex, and that won't offend anyone. ;)

18. DarthArjuna

Aug 14, 2002
    Ah, so the little purple lightsaber is out, then ;)

How about this- I'll burn a DVD of FanFilms that I have on my hard drive. You could download these whenever you like, but I've got a DVD Burner and a file of 12 films, totaling in at... (does math)

~ 6:00 Duality
    ~ 6:00 Art of the Saber
    5:10 Ryan Weiber vs. Michael "Dorkman" Scott
    ~22:00 Broken Allegiance
    15:50 A Question of Faith
    28:45 Fanboys
    51:25 The Formula (Enriched)
    ~10:00 TROOPS
    8:00 Essence of the Force
    8:00 Legacy of the Jedi
    9:17 PA Wars I- P.O.'d PA
    6:00 PA Wars II- Duel of the Fakes

266:32 Total

So that's 4 hours, 26 minutes, 32 seconds of fanFilm goodness. Sound good?

Yes, this does mean that I have an incredible time void in my day to search for these and add them up mentally.

19. CONFUZED

CONFUZED Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 3, 2003
    Don't worry Ancient_Guardian - the sauce is already made - I won't make everyone else suffer for and allergy - I'm Italian too....so I just make more food!!! :)

20. DarkjediAssasin

Sep 7, 2003
    sorry guys...plans for me have changed....i cant go now. i hope you all have fun!

21. Padawan_Drogon

Jun 17, 2003
    Ancient Guardian; I read your post above, about the sauce, and it sounds like you are going. I think the post above that indicated you weren't able to. Did something change?

At this time, we are coming with 3 people. My car will fit 5 (a little crowded in the back) if someone needs a ride. I would be getting on the thruway near Oneida and passing through Syracuse on the thruway. If someone is hoping for a ride, let me know soon so we can work out the details.

22. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    ok Role call guys... who IS actually going to the picnic?

23. Padawan_Drogon

Jun 17, 2003
    Picnic? At 20 degrees? Maybe I should bring skis. I guess there won't be too many ants though.

Anyways, in my car will be myself, Darth Arjuna, and Darth Vishnu. I expect we'll be there between 12:30 & 1:00.

24. DarthArjuna

Aug 14, 2002
    Wow, this seems a little late... but can we get some directions? There's nothing on the Rochester site, or at least no links to it. And I haven't gotten a PM. Karate or strawbary, did you get directions?

25. DarthCrambette

DarthCrambette Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 6, 2002
    Links to directions can be found on the first page of the thread. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.