main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Syra, NY Rochester Lilac fest

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Karate-Jedi, Apr 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Karate-Jedi

Karate-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 4, 2003
    Just got this from the Rochester Chapter Rep. I know that I am up for it. Who else is willing to go?

Hello from Rochester, NY. The Rebellion (Rochester, NY Fan Force Chapter) and I would like to invite you to march with us in the Rochester Lilac Parade on May 15th. It will be in Highland park on Highland Ave., which goes through the festival site. Line up starts at 8 am and the parade starts at 10 am. Go here for all the info about the festival. http://www.lilacfestival.com/ It has maps and locations. We will be spending the rest of the day enjoying the festival as a group, if possible, which is filled with all kinds of venders, food, and music. At this time we do have a location near by to use for costume changing. Anyone is allowed to march. Costumes are encouraged but not necessary. We just ask that marchers at least wear some kind of Star Wars shirt if possible. Also the theme is of course Lilacs, the color purple and flowers in general, so you may use any of those themes if you wish. I will be sending out more info ASAP and later on closer to the date. Please post this announcement as you see fit. If any of your members are interested and have any questions, ideas or suggestions do not hesitate to PM me or have them Post them. http://boards.theforce.net/Rochester,_NY/b10259/ If your Chapter is at all interested Please PM me and I will make sure to visit your forum and post info. If I do not hear from you in a week or so , this will be the last you will hear of this. That way you will not get any unnecessary messages. Thank you.

Rochester Fan Force Chapter Rep.

2. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Im up for it :)
    Dont have to twist my arm to march in a parade ;)

3. Ancient_Guardian

Ancient_Guardian Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 2003
    i can go....my mom is accualy willing to bring me to this one with out a fight....she loved lilac's!

4. Matrix-Jedi

Matrix-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 19, 2003
    Strawbary, you've only marched in one parade, and that was last month =p. You're not hardcore yet ;).

I'm a bit torn on this parade. I want to go, but I have friends coming from out of town for my graduation, so I don't think I can go =(.

-K

5. HothGirl

HothGirl Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 23, 2002
    Strawbary marched in at least one other parade....she did Grape and Wine two years ago. :p

6. Raef_Wolfe

Raef_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2003
    lmao

I think the Sherrill clan would be up for it. We have to talk.

Im wondering, though, for my costume...lilac maul? It gives me the chills. Green is one thing, but...lilac? It's very, ermm.....odd......to say the least. Maul will be looking very feminine, if that's the case. I think I'll stick with red, lol...

7. Ancient_Guardian

Ancient_Guardian Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 2003
    i dont know purpule maul would be interesting :D...or not

but yeah it would be most worthy of being called strange

8. Matrix-Jedi

Oct 19, 2003
    Hrmm. I almost forgot Strawbary marched in the G&W parade. Well, I have 4 parades under my belt, so there! Na na na na na na!

Purple and black would also be kinda cool RW.

-K

9. Raef_Wolfe

Jul 12, 2003
    Maybe if I go with a darker purple instead of a lighter color....can't picture DM with lilac at all ;)

Lilac isth, like, STHOOOOOOO not good for histh complexsthion, it isth justh STHOOOOOOOOO not right for him.

;)

10. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    Karl I marched in Grape and Wine 2 years in a row and the St pattys Parade ;) Thats 3 for SW Parades.

Lets see, Then I marched in countless parades when I was a troop leader ;) LOL

Do parades count for Marching Band? If they do, hands down I got ya beat :)

LOL so nananananannnnnaaaa

11. Matrix-Jedi

Oct 19, 2003
    You weren't in costume for the 2nd G&W! Plus, we're not counting stuff that's not SW related, so ha! Yep, I'm makin the rules now so I'm gonna win. Bwaa haaa haaa!

Yes, it would have to be a dark purple RW. Otherwise it wouldn't look right.

-K

12. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    I still marched in the G&W I ran my tail off back and forth helping people. so I guess I can say I RAN in the second parade LOL you guys just marched LOL ;)

13. DarthArjuna

DarthArjuna Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 14, 2002
    Maybe I can get some purple tabbards... *Puts up the Raef signal*

***---+----+---***
    **--+--------+--**
    ***--++----++--***
    ****---++++---****

14. Raef_Wolfe

Jul 12, 2003
    If there was a smiley in which the mouth was slightely open and an eye was twitching, I would be useing it.

Now if you guys are like me and have no clue what it is, here's arjunas explanation:

Sort of like how the bat signal is a bat against the sky, the Raef signal is a smiley against the sky...

15. DarthArjuna

Aug 14, 2002
    [image=http://www.durbnpoisn.com/images/faces/icon_huh.gif]

16. Raef_Wolfe

Jul 12, 2003
    Yeah there ya go

17. Karate-Jedi

Feb 4, 2003
    Keep it on topic guys.

18. DarthArjuna

Aug 14, 2002
    Okay... the smilie was purple!

19. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    ok its getting closer I think we need to get a headcount for this.......

Whos plans on going to this? Anyone? Should we carpool again?

20. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2001
    Yeah I was just about to ask around for some kind of rough idea. Looks like you guys may be the majority of our guests at the moment. Hopefully after this weekend I will have more info for you. I do know that we will have a Sandtrooper hear in Rochester.

21. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2001
    Ok here is what's up so far. We are looking into having a simple BBQ at the Monroe Community hospital where one of our Members Wesley lives. Most likely it will just be Hamburgers, hot-dogs , Chips and pop. If anyone has any food issues just let us know and we can work something out. This will give us a chance to socialize a bit and come together as a group afterwards like we have done in the past. There will most likely not be a need for anyone to bring a whole lot maybe the chips and some desserts maybe. At this point we are still working on the details but are wondering if everyone would like to do this. The Hospital has a pavilion that we could use. I am thinking that after the Parade everyone that wants to stick around after wards can walk around the festa for a bit and then we can all re group and go to the Hospital. It is not that far away a few miles or so. Sometime in the afternoon. I need to know when everyone has to leave so that I can come up with a time for the BBQ. I am not sure how long the parade will take but we should be done by 11:30 I would say at the latest. So maybe about 2 pm we could eat? Everyone please notify me when you need to leave for the day so we can figure out what's best for the majority. I know that we have a couple people that need to leave for NY that day. There is still a question of our line up time but for now plan on it being 8am. Parade starts at 10:30 so line up could be 8:30 but we are not sure yet. At this time please send me an accurate as possible head count. I will post or send more info ASAP. Thank you.

22. Karate-Jedi

Feb 4, 2003
    I will be going. I have booked the day off work

23. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    I will be there as well, I think Karl said he can go too :)

24. Matrix-Jedi

Oct 19, 2003
    Yep, I can go now.

-K

25. Raef_Wolfe

Jul 12, 2003
    Arjuna, Drogon, and I plan on going, dunno about Vishnu though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.