main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Syra, NY Rochester Lilac fest

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Karate-Jedi, Apr 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Karate-Jedi

Karate-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 4, 2003
    I have just realised that if line up is ar 8am I have to leave Binghamton at about 4 in the morning... get up at 3am

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

but I will still be there :)

2. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    LOL....yeh we are leaving at 6:30 ourselves LOL but 4 am is pretty harsh ;)

Go Ian!!!!

3. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2001
    OK. Cool. So thats about 6 of you so far. So we are looking at about 10-15 marchers total so far. We are going to scrap the BBQ idea at the hospital. Not enough time. We will be getting a letter a week before the parrade telling us where to go and what to do that morning. When we know, you will. Thanks

4. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

May 27, 2001
    Here is our plans for the Lilac Parade next Saturday.
    We will be organizing our selves at TD-027s (Duane) place, 150 Cimarron DR. Rochester
    around 7:30 and 8:00

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?historyid=0&searchtype=address

Drivers will be dropping off marchers and then will be lead to the near by Monroe Community hospital to park In case there is no longer any room in the drive way there. Duane has a few rooms for people to change in and stuff. We can also leave stuff there during the parade. We need to line up between 8:30 and 10:30. The parade starts at 10:30. Duane lives very close to where we will be lining up which is a street called Science Parkway located behind his house. The route will be Science Parkway to South Ave and then to Highland Drive all the way to the end where it meets Goodman. The Parade itself from Science to Highland is 9/10 of a mile. The Festival itself runs about a mile long on Highland. Everyone will need to have an umbrella and clothing for any kind of weather. Anything they will need for rain they will have to carry while marching. It could be in the 60s and rainy or in the 80s and sunny. Or anything in between. By the end of the week we will have some kind of idea what the weather will be. It would be a good idea to make sure people bring water bottles if it is really warm out. We may be buying water but I am not sure at this point. We will have a car near the end of the parade route for anything people will need immediately after the parade. We will not have a vehicle in the parade but we have been told that there will be a limo behind us in case anyone needs to ride in that. After the parade drivers will be brought back to their cars to pick up marchers who wish to change and pick up belongings. People may also choose to walk back to Duane's or stay in their costumes. After the parade we will all be going to the Food area and locating a place for everyone to sit at. We will be enjoying the Festival for the rest of the day. We will be trying to organize a group photo before lining up so please try and get to Duanes early enough so that we can have as many people in the photo as possible. If it is bad weather a photo afterwards would probably not work. If there are questions just post in our Forum or PM me. Thank you.

5. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

May 27, 2001
    I have made a seperate post for an update with different info. Times have changed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.