main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Syra, NY Rochester Lilac Parade - 05/14/05

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Doc_Bev, Feb 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    I know you guys have the St. Patty's Parade to worry about first and we all have tons of plans for May surrounding EIII, but I thought I'd just pencil this in here so people kept it in mind...

Rochester's Lilac Parade will be Saturday May 14th and it starts at 10:30am. We'll be posting more details in the thread on our boards as we get closer to May.

~Doc_Bev

2. DarthArjuna

DarthArjuna Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 14, 2002
    I probably won't be able to make it, it's the weekend before my finals. I'll see what I can do, though.

3. Karate-Jedi

Karate-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 4, 2003
    I don't think I will be able to make it.

I have joined a pipe band and they want me to do the ST Paddy's day parade in NY. I will be teaching there colour guard how to march and I will be le3ading them. they also want me to do the same at Syracuse. I will have to see what time our lineup in and thiers. I might be able to do both.

I just have so much to do and with the new job so little time tyo do it.

Sorry. I had a blast last year so don't foget to do the "Happy Jedi Dance" on the route.

4. Raef_Wolfe

Raef_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2003
    Dad and I will prolly be able to go. You know, all this parade stuff reminds me that I need to make him a new costume :p

5. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2001
    We are in the process of registering finally. The parade will be May 14, 5 days before Ep.3 which is really cool of course. Its May 19th right? Anyway we need to be lined up no later then 9:45. The parade starts at 10:30. More details later. Please post here or on our Board if you can make it. I know some have all ready done so. Thank you.

6. Padawan_Drogon

Padawan_Drogon Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 17, 2003
    As Jennifer said, I would like to go if nothing comes up for that weekend. I'm don't check the boards much, but I'm still alive and kicking. Just ask anyone involved in filming in NY or Ontario, lol.

7. Ancient_Guardian

Ancient_Guardian Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 2003
    hey guys... bin a awile since ive last checked in, but i would really like to go this one, but i cant make any comitments between now and the end of the school because tomarrow CREW STARTS!!! and that wile once agean take up alote of my time... oh and i was just watching the news and they had a special report that "all you starwars fans out thier, you know who you are. can expect the first SW:ROTS commertials tomarrow, the movie will comes out May 19, 2005"--- it was teh coolest thing to hear on tv.

8. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    as far as I can tell that weekend is open, All depends on what happens for baseball, but will try to keep it open :)

9. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

May 27, 2001
    OK Doc_ Bev is just coming home from and or recuperating from C 3 and I wanted everyone that cna make it, to have a heads up ASAP as this is in about 3 weeks. I meant to do this before. OK details are same as above. We are in. Of course we are why not. They loved us last year and its the same month as the movie. Anyway there will be an after party at the Monroe Community Hospital. We will also be changing there. It is close to The parade start but not as close as last year. There is a nice pavilion area as well as a nice lounge area inside if need be. Same old fun, any games anyone wants to play or bring. Not sure on food yet. More info and addresses and stuff sent out later. Please get a head count of you chapter with names and stuff or at least everyone should personally post on our Board if they are coming this event. Thank you. As always any fans are welcome to march costume or not so drag as many fans here as you can. Chapter or Star Wars related shirt at least. Thanks

10. Drogon

Drogon Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 13, 2003
    Raef and I still plan on being there. New costume has been delayed, but I may be able to get a new cloak for my old jedi one. The old one is more wrinkled than a schitzu and hardly worth ironing out. :cool:

11. T_StarFlyer

T_StarFlyer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2004
    hang it the shower & steam it :)

12. T_StarFlyer

Nov 2, 2004
    Ok It looks like Raef & Dorgon are stillin for the Parade. We really could use a Darth Vader as our Vader from Buffalo & the rest of Buffalo bailed on us for some Wegmans apperences.

Who else can we count on from Syracuse? Or Even Bingo town

13. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Now, I think bailed is too strong a word. It only makes sense for North Ridge to do a home town event over an out-of-town one. That being said, we are desperately low on marchers. Although costumes are much more preferred, I am even willing to have marchers come in club t-shirts.

~Doc_Bev

14. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Depending on whether we have a Baseball game or not we may be able to attend and Im sure we can get someone to suit up in vader. No promises will look at the b-ball schedule tonight and see if we can make arrangements.

15. T_StarFlyer

Nov 2, 2004
    Yes my bad, rereading that it sounded a bit mre harsher than intended, especially since I got the whole ball rolling with the Wegmans appearences in the 1st place. (feeling a bit sheepish)

16. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

May 27, 2001
    Yeah, like I said before its a busy month for eveyrone and I was affraid of that sort of thing happening so close to the movie.

17. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Just posted a bunch of new information over at our board's thread. For those thinking of attending, please let me know if you have any questions. If you don't see your name on the marchers list - please let me know.

~Doc_Bev

18. Raef_Wolfe

Jul 12, 2003
    Drogon's new costume will be done by then, it's two days ahead of schedule. Alas I fear mine won't be. Oh well, it should be done for the premier unless something funky occurs.

19. T_StarFlyer

Nov 2, 2004
    For those of you coming we are doing an after parade picnic so make plans to stay & enjoy some company if you can.

20. Drogon

Jun 13, 2003
    1) Picnic? Should we bring anything?
    2) If anyone around Syracuse needs a ride EARLY Saturday morning, let me know and we can try to swing by. There will be just myself and Raef Wolfe in our car at present and we can fit 4 fairly comfortably (5 with a squeeze) in my car. For that matter, it seems like someone from Utica recently posted here. If they can get a ride EARLY to Sherrill, we could tkae you the rest of the way. If anyone is interested, let me know by tomorrow (Friday) night. I haven't figured exact times yet, but I'm guessing I should allow about an hour & 1/2 from Syracuse (maybe 2 & 1/4 hours from our house).
    3) Can someone from the Rochester group give me directions? You can e-mail them to gronod@hotmail.com if you want. If I don't get them, I'm sure I can use mapquest, but directions from a Rochester individual would probably be better. I assume we are going directly to Monroe Community Hospital?
    4) There were discussions in the Rochester thread about some connection to Lilacs. Are you going with the armbands? Should I bring a few blooms clipped from our own lilacs (At least 1 bush should be fairly well in bloom by Saturday morning)?

21. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    I think we're fairly set for the picnic. If you guys want to bring some chips or other snack foods that would be cool, but don't go out of your way to bring something. It's nice enough for you to go out of your way to come help us out - I'd feel bad asking you to bring something for the picnic as well.

I'm not sure how much time you guys will need to get into costume, but here's my timetable:

8am-8:30am meet at Monroe Community Hospital parking lot. Change at cars or under pavilion if raining.
    9am-9:30am start heading over to line-up spot
    by 10am everyone should be ready and our banner assembled.

The street address for Monroe Community Hospital is 435 East Henrietta Road.

Basics directions would be:
    Thruway I-90W
    Exit at #46 for I-390N
    Exit at #16 for Route 15A (aka E Henrietta Rd)
    You'll make a right onto Route 15A and MCH will be almost immediately on your left.
    After you enter the complex, the parking lot we'll be meeting in will be on your right.

You can call my cell (which I'll post on the Rochester thread since it has unlimited editing and I can take it out later) if you have any problems.

We were unable to get the armbands made up like I had hoped due to all the other EIII activities we've been having. If you'd like to bring some blooms that would be cool.

~Doc_Bev

22. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Thank you SO much Drogon and Raef-Wolfe for coming out to our parade!! I'm sorry you got a little lost in the beginning there, but I think it turned out to be a really nice day after all.

Thanks again!
    ~Doc_Bev

23. Raef_Wolfe

Jul 12, 2003
    It was fun :D Will post piccies later.

Too bad I'm so dog tired and sore. I had a eadache otherwise we might've stayed a bit longer.

24. T_StarFlyer

Nov 2, 2004
    Yes it was nice seeing you guys again,

btw we taped what was broadcast of the parade today & unfortunatly all that was shown were Darsolo, I & R 2, then it went to a comercial buy the time it came back we were past. But they will rebrodcast the parade uninterupted early nxt week , on the Rochester OnDemand Channel . so by off chance we checked it out & noticed they had last year's Parade & so we got to see you all! Man It seemed like a ton of marchers lastyear. It was pretty cool. Just thought I'd share. T

25. Drogon

Jun 13, 2003
    Had a good old time. It was fun seeing some of you again and meeting others. Nice that the weather cooperated. Somehow, both Raef and I feel like we got a slight sunburn, but I don't actually remember any sun, just no rain.

Oh, regarding getting lost, that was totally our fault. I wrote the directions above and even wrote 390N, but somehow we never really read that on our way and I just (falsly) remembered it as 490N.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.