main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Rocketjock Eatery (A Star Wars: Intervention OOC/OOG discussion thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Bravo, Apr 5, 2011.

1. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    Just have Kilo meet up Firecracker if you want.

Oh and no you don't need to run it by a mod to post in the fanfiction section. The only thing you have to worry about is posting it with the correct tag

Before the Saga before TPM
    Saga TPM to ROTJ
    EU After ROTJ

Non star wars is a separate forum.

The only time you would have to involve a mod is if you feel the post maybe be a little on the mature side... +18

2. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    I've been "rocking" a laptop too, a Toshiba Satellite second-hand Windows XP. Later versions of Windows take up too much memory, and I wanted to buy and run things, not buy and then have to register after thirty days, or everything dies. Call me a dinosaur, but what sort of sith is that?

I only recommend desktop because Bravo wants to graduate onto playing games.

As for joining the battle at Port Haven. It'll take a little while to reach the third planet at micro-jump to the battle zone, and sublight through the star system to reach the third planet; you won't be popping out the DD and Firecracker will be right there.

It took the sixty TIEs about twenty minutes to real space the route from Port Haven to where we were fighting.

Directly outside the DD should be some ARC-170s, Sentinel or Aku'jor(sp?)-class shuttles, at least one Gamma-class assault shuttle, the Firespray-31. All should be gathered around or below the DD.

3. tyratoku

tyratoku Jedi Knight star 1

May 10, 2005
    Alright thanks. Hopefully I can get the first chapter posted some time today.

Okay, I just wanted to make sure I don't jump ahead of anything on accident and ruin what everybody else is building toward. I'll take it slow.

Thanks a bunch, everyone. You guys are doing an awesome job helping a new guy like me out. I appreciate it.

4. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    For those of us on the Allegiance did the crew have enough time to rearm and refuel us?

Sent from a Galaxy far away via R2-N6

Sith-I-5 Bravo

5. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Okay all, good news. "Upgrade" to games means just one game, Civ V. Good news, could have new desktop by Thursday night.

Why do I miss all the fun battles? :( I should be able to check the boards before Friday.

Man, I feel like a terrible GM...

6. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    This isn't a second-hand car dealership, no terrible GMs here.

Oh, Civilisation V! I had assumed Civ V was a graphics card, or accelerator or something. Blimey, a game killed your computer!!!

7. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Bravo if this game is known for killing off video cards, you may want to consider investing in a water cooling system for the desktop. I went looking and apparently Ci V is known to kill graphic cards.

8. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Thanks Sith for the vote of confidence. Means a lot. :)

Falcon, my laptop wasn't built for gaming (I guess); although I don't consider Civ V "gaming" in the traditional sense, more like geeky fun. From what my buddy found out, the heat sink couldn't remove the heat fast enough and the video card warped when it melted and fried the motherboard in the process. Hard drives are okay, which is the good news.

My buddy is building me a desktop from ground up. Should be ready by Friday night. As he put it, its going to be between average and great, with the capability to rub Civ V "8 times over". 4 cooling fans in the tower alone; we ran into a small problem last night when the dream heat sink was too big and took the processor out with it. After hopefully repairing it, we had to usr the stock heat sink. I should know tonight if the processor is okay...the screws were intact.

I should be back to posting by Friday/Saturday. And have the ability to do it faster and with more tools.

9. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    Sith-I-5 Bravo

10. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    I've always dreamed of building my desktop from the ground up. I know how too that's the best part. I plan too at some point and will put it in my resume :D

anyways

I'm on midnights this week, got woken up by thunder next thing I knew I'm hitting the deck not even a half an hour later.

The rain came in at a rotating pattern and the air raide sirens sounded at the same time. I went and hide in the bathroom for the next ten minutes on my knees praying to be kept safe.

That was a scary hour for sure. The actual rotating wall cloud was on the east end about twenty minutes from me. There was some debrie on my balcony like a small brach with leaves and my tomato plants were damaged. I'm in a bad spot to grow tomatoes, but it was worth a shot I thought.

My rosemary is doing well along with my hibiscus plant. There's about an inch of new growth since I bought the plant.

11. kommando104

kommando104 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 27, 2013
    CPL_Macja, I know you didn't ask me, but it seems that Fress had time to refuel while aboard Allegiance.

12. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    CPL

Well, Allegiance isn't my ship, but since I have the same thing going on, on the DD, I have been thinking about this.

Re-armed, yes. You have been loaded with a rack of Arakyd ST2 concussion missiles. Hope that's okay. [face_praying]

Refuelling, in progress.

Suggest having Mac observing the hangar techs for a few more minutes, then detaching the power generator, power droid, or enriched fuel lines [delete as applicable].

Falcon

Holy sith, you are right; after what you said, I Googled Civ V and computer crashes. My goodness, hard to but into non-swear words how bad the problem is.

And glad you are okay.

13. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Sith-I-5

I was curious myself Sith because I never heard of a game capable of crashing a system before but there's always a first. I wouldn't play the game after it melted a motherboard. That would be the end of playing the game for me.... I could not believe how many computers this game actually destroyed in the past three to four years, it's mind boggling

14. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    Sith-I-5 is it ok for me to control the hanger tech for a short verbal exchange with Mac?

15. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Mac

CPL, I have added something for you, to the post I am finalising. When you respond, yes, you can create and interact with a hangar tech, and receive permission to take your ship out.

16. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    Ok I'll wait for you to post and adjust my post for it.

17. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
  18. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Okay, update. I should have my desktop by tomorrow morning. Prayers and good thoughts for a smooth operation and no problems would be much appreciated. Surviving off of my phone has not worked as planned.

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  19. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Good news; I am all caught up on reading posts. So all I have to do this weekend is post.

20. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Well, that's an anti-climax. What're you in, a tree-house?

I was about to write that you and Coffee might be affected by the flooding affecting Denver and Boulder, but no, you are caught up and ready to roll!

Well, glad you are okay, and back in the game.

21. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    My post is forthcoming

22. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Looking forward to it.

Aaand, I was not disappointed. Good post, and exchange with the hangar tech.

23. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Lol Sith. I'm in Lakewood, South West of Denver. We got hit hard, but not as hard as Denver and further North was. I have not heard from Coffee in over a month, so I don't know her status with the game. I'm keeping her on the roster until I hear otherwise. Probably will have to move her to Extended Leave here soon if I don't hear anything.

24. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Update on the computer. Should have it up and running in a next few hours. My buddy ran into some power issues last night and had to finish up last minute programs this morning.

25. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Okay, up and running. :D

Yea, enough said...

Sith-I-5 and kommando104 like this.