main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Rocketjock Eatery (A Star Wars: Intervention OOC/OOG discussion thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Bravo, Apr 5, 2011.

1. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    I'll be getting posts up tonight or tomorrow. Just have to catch up on reading tonight and then post. :D

I should know about having a new job this week. Everything has gone good so far through the testing and the interview process. I will see if I get hired or not some time between tomorrow and Friday. Please keep me in your prayers. If I get this job, I'll be able to go back to college, be back to my regular posting routine, put food on the table, and fuel in the car.

2. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    I'm pretty confident you'll get the job Bravo. [face_praying]

Please keep us posted brother.

3. Master_Ponta

Master_Ponta Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2003
    I'm sending several prayers your way Bravo.

Also, great posting Grey! I should have a post written tomorrow... well, pretty soon it will be today, but that's a different story. Me and my poor sleeping habits, :p

4. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    I'm almost all caught up. I'm running into some problems with a very important meeting that was supposed to happen at noon today. To say the least, its now unpredicatble timing is causing chaos with my day to get a post up. [face_plain] But, I'm trying all.

If everything goes as planned, a week and a half more of hell before I can get some sleep and take the last part of July off before I start this new job I hope to get.

5. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    I didn't get the job. :(

6. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Do not give up hope my brother. That only means there's something better in store for you.

"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28_KJV

I've been in your shoes bro, and he delivered on his promise. I have no doubt it will be the same for you. Keep on looking and keep hope alive.

Shall continue to [face_praying] for you bro. If there's anything I can do ( or any of us for that matter ), just say the word.

7. Dinkus_Mayhem

Dinkus_Mayhem Jedi Master star 3

May 4, 2006
    Yeah finding work can be a stressful thing, I went through that about 4 years ago. After being passed up by dozens of jobs that I really wanted...one fell into my lap that didn't look the greatest but after a few years of being here I found that it really is a dream job.

Best of luck to you Bravo, I hope there is a dream job out there waiting for you...and that it finds you soon. [face_peace]

8. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Thanks all. :) God seemed to move today in the roommate situation. So there may be some light coming through...

So, I am starting to plan posts for Jason Lasso and the Kingdom of Jod. I know I wanted them up a while ago, but God had His reasons and His reasons are perfect. Because it will turn out better this way by having to wait. :) Both posts will be critical to this game and the next game.

9. Master_Ponta

Feb 11, 2003
    I'm sorry to hear that about the job Bravo but Grey is right, God will give you what you need, and it will be better than anything else.

Sorry for my absence in the game guys, I've been taking the three day class "7 Habits of Highly Effective People" (the book by Steven Covey). It was amazing! I'm really, really excited to start practicing these habits in my life :D

But it took three full days... and I'm exhausted. I hope to post by this weekend.

10. Helljumper1178

Helljumper1178 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 5, 2010
    Master_Ponta, that's a good class , lots of useful knowledge to glean from it.
    On another note, if you can get a post up this weekend, I'll be able to reply Monday or Tuesday. Contact me at some point and we'll talk about Ingrid interacting with JULIE.

11. Dinkus_Mayhem

May 4, 2006
    I took that class as well, amazing stuff. Steven Covey is a very interesting and inspiring man. I wish I kept up on the habits, but I got lost in the thick of thin things and didn't put first things first.

12. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Well, I'm back and will be able to think properly probably tomorrow after I've gotten a second descent nights sleep in about a little over a week. Last night was first back, and oh boy did I miss my bed. That chair I was stuck in just doesn't compare.

So I'll finish catching up today and if I need to post try to either today or tomorrow.

Hey Bravo, no worries man, just remember that although the Lord said it would work for the better he never said it would work out for the easier in this life. That is part of the reward of the next, this one is rife with strife and trials made by man and a few with outside help as well. Be praying for you.

13. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Welcome back Mitth, hope all went well.

And hmm, might just pick up that "7 Habit" book, sounds interesting.

I've been reading The Book of Acts lately, and man did the apostles have it rough, but they were full of joy and praising God despite their adversities. 'Tis a good model to follow. ;)

I was also reading the Epistle of James the other day ( lunch time reading, much needed ), and James 1:2-4 comes to mind.

So hang in there Bravo & folks, "Now FAITH is the substance of things hoped for, the EVIDENCE of things not seen." Hebrews 11:1, but ya'll already knew that. :p

Concerning all things Star Wars: Intervention, I'm just super excited!! All the stuff going on and all the 'hints' being made are driving me bonkers! I need to know what happens and Bravo is keeping me in the dark! ( Well, I kinda forbade him from spoiling me! LOL).

The sheer variety of characters in the cast is an absolute delight, and Sith's humor always makes my day when I read at lunch time. These missions have been the most fun disaster ever! [face_laugh] ( some really good moments folks)

But it's NOT OVER!!! (Ack!! I can't hadle the wait! *plays the lottery and gives Bravo all of it so he can finish the game :p )

Ok, ok, it's under control, hehe. Once again, well done everyone and welcome back all of you who have been away. Dinkus_Mayhem, you will play in our next installment *enhanced Jedi mindtrick,hehehe. J/k. ;)

See you guys back where the action is. :D

[face_peace]

14. Master_Ponta

Feb 11, 2003
    It's definitely worth reading... instead of so many "self help" books now days that focus on "positive thinking" and "putting on a happy face" Covey actually makes you realize that you need to go deeper - you need to work on your character and habits - in order to change things.

The adult version can be a bit of a dry read for some, but I fully recommend taking the time to study it and discover his meanings. :D

15. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Thank you for the encouragement and help everyone. :) I applied for another job today, we'll see what the Lord does. :)

So, I can't help myself anymore...

What is everyone's thoughts on the Force being made available in the game? Remember, its not available yet, but will be soon once the storyline catches up (after the convoy mission is completed).

16. Master_Ponta

Feb 11, 2003
    Too often I've found that "The Force" - that often vague presence that guides and directs those with a high enough midi-chlorian count, is grossly misused and exaggerated to fit the purposes of the player. However, I am quite confident that our good team of GM's here will insure that doesn't happen in this case, so I personally have no problem with it.

I just urge everyone, please, to be realistic about how you use these "Force abilities". Personally, there isn't much that I find more obnoxious than a player being outlandish and unrealistic about the Force, and this game is too good to mess up.

However, personal rant aside... as I said before, I think the GMs will handle the situation quite well and fairly, so I see no problem with it. (Also, it will be kind of fun to see how everyone's characters behave, and any new plot developments because of this).

Once again, I am really enjoying this game and thank everyone who's making it so much fun... let's keep it going guys! :D

17. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    As co-GM over on **Forces**, I have some experience looking through character sheets that involve Force Powers, and keeping expectations and abilities in check, with what I have managed to learn on Star Wars wikipedia.

First note, I think, unless Bravo decides otherwise, is that access to the Force won't automatically make anyone any good with or against lightsabres, though we could have some fun finding that out! :cool:

18. Master_Ponta

Feb 11, 2003

LOL! Sounds like some good times are in store then ;)

19. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001

The wheels have already been set in motion, M_P, to safe guard against such abuses of Force abilities. I share your very same concerns with Force abilities and this decision was not easy to come by. In fact, it has taken many months to come by. And by no means is anyone being forced to have the Force---you can have a non-sensative Force character as well. The Force is being added as a option to players to choose from.

With that said, one of the many soon to be in place safeguards will be greyjedi125. Grey has extensive experience with Force based games and Force based characters. In fact, I feel like I'm finally letting Grey "spread his wings" for say in Intervention. ;) Grey will be the lead Game Master on anything Force-related, the ranking system, how it's done, everything. Quite seriously, Grey will be in his zone when it comes to the Force and its best I just stay out of his way and give him the power to do what he needs to do...or else I'll just mess it all up. :p

With Grey's new position (haven't figured out a name yet for it), there will be some changes to the staff structure so Grey isn't overloaded with responsibilities. In any event, I'm looking at opening up the Force to all players sometime after the convoy mission is complete, but that will be dependent on if Grey feels he'll have enough stuff in place and ready by that date.

While that would be fun, Sith and I would laugh, no one will be a "expert" with a lightsaber. Order 66 is still in effect and Jedi have been hiding for far too long. With the movies as context, Luke Skywalker was really the only "Jedi" (I use that term loosely, because he didn't become a Jedi until he meet Vader on Endor in ROTJ...per Yoda's instructions before his death) that really decided to face the Empire toe to toe in the open. Everyone else had either left the Jedi Order's traditions behind to save their own skin or were like Obi-Wan and Yoda, hiding. To say the least, very few people will know what a lightsaber is, let alone handle one. There's some developments in the works on the staff side of things that may open up some doors to get a Jedi teacher/mentor to help our new batch of struggling young Jedi.

Additionally, NO SITH based characters will be allowed in the game. Period. Only staff, and under my sole approval, can control any character even remotely related to the Sith in any way, shape, or fashion. I don't want Intervention turning into a Jedi/Sith game and this is one of the safeguards to prevent that.

20. DREAMSTAR

DREAMSTAR Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 11, 2006
    Well Bravo, I have no problem with Force using characters. Especially what I've seen from this group. As long as they are willing to use some realism, I look forward to seeing what they do with the abilities.

I doubt I'll be making my character a Force user, the character was originally built without the Force, and I think even if you were to explain to Garth that he had the Force, he would more than likely be the most cynical, disbelieving prodigy you ever had. :p

As for the issue of lightsabers, right there I actually slightly disagree with you. Not with the majority knowing how to use a lightsaber, because for at least 40 years (if I remember correctly) no one except the Emperor and Vader have used one. So that I do agree with. Where I disagree, is that we wouldn't know what a lightsaber was, or even likely be able to pick it out if we needed to.

Jedi guarded the majority of the galaxy not less than 40 years ago, and had done so for the last two centuries. In almost every case, the lightsaber was their weapon of choice, the weapon was synonymous with Jedi. So in what would be less than 40 years, we simply have forgotten what a lightsaber is, even with the Emperor's suppression?

I mean I can probably name and explain the use of almost every weapon going back to Rome, even if I'm not experienced on how to use most of them.

My guess would be there would be roughly a half dozen lightsabers in existence, probably as old relics on someone's shelf, or strapped to some bounty hunter's belt... and I'd wager to say that most people know, when they see one, what it is and who's suppose to carry them. But as far as fighting styles and techniques? Yeah, I'd say most of that is probably forgotten.

That's my two-cents, anyway. Look forward to playing.

21. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Excellent points, everyone, all which will be taken into account to realistically portray the state of force use and lightsaber skill, ( Jedi and otherwise) during Intervention 2's time period.
    Especially since it is common knowledge that Jedi were virtually legends, fantastical beings from a past long ago. ( Between RotS and ANH respectively ) However, Intervention is an AU story, so certain canonical factors need to be slightly amended for it all to work in harmony.

That said, I'm looking forward to it. For those curious as to my past work regarding the Force, there's a link to IBOP's Force Users Faction in my bio. Keep in mind, Force Use in Intervention will not be the same (as in IBOP) due to its placement in SW continuity.

Sith-I-5, I openly welcome your input and contribution. Two minds are always better than one and it's nice to have a counter-balance.

Well, before we get too far ahead of ourselves, lets make sure we give the final chapter of Intervention our very best. I don't know about you, but I'm honored to be part of a game that's actually run its full course, a rare occurrence around these parts.

Go! Intervention!! Woo HOO!!! [face_dancing]

see ya'll there. ;)

[face_peace]

22. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
  23. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    Intervention 2? [face_thinking]

I really missed the RPF, glad that I decided to reduce my other obligations and shift that free time more time here. May have to keep an eye out for that one, any idea of when you guys are looking to make the OP?

24. Dinkus_Mayhem

May 4, 2006
    It appears that I can no longer seperate my socks from my regular account. Oh bother.

25. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Bravo, a pair of great posts! Cool descriptions with the glowing ball around Lasso and the damage it caused aboard the Devastator.

Mitth, Inside the confines of his helmet he had sworn that if the guy started dancing and chanting he was going to beat the glittery lights out of him just on precedence alone.

beat the glittery lights out of him?! [face_laugh]=D=

Dinkus', somehow, I have not said it yet; well done on that black belt! Welcome to the Club. :D

My point on those lightsabres, was less about Mercs knowing what they were and wielding them, than being in a situation akin to the one Sodalis found herself in aboard the Star Galleon, ie. lightsabre wielding Dark Acolytes and thanks to their newly discovered ability to move pencils with their mind, previously sensible Mercs being willing to give it a go.

Eg.

Dark Acolyte #1 [snap-hiss]

Helmsman Andrew Monk(?) "Come on then, if you think you're hard enough!"

White Guardian "What are you, nuts, he's got a lightsabre!"