main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Rocketjock Eatery (A Star Wars: Intervention OOC/OOG discussion thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Bravo, Apr 5, 2011.

1. Lukes_Apprentice

Lukes_Apprentice Jedi Master star 3

Oct 15, 2008
    Hello all I love dialogue that is going on everywhere it is fun to read. In other news, I'm just plain exhausted I have been working really hard at rl work so I apologize if I'm slow in responding to tags as my energy reserves are not high right now.

2. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    Dinkus_Mayhem, the Despised One, why am I not surprised? ;) ( Actually, I've known for quite sometime friend. Know that you're always welcomed here). [face_dancing]

And I have to agree with Lukes_Apprentice, the dialogue and interaction is so stellar!! It's like being in our own movie!! I'm loving it!!!! :D

And Mitth I have to agree with Sith, that post by Havah Jeth...just brilliant!! Seriously. Besides, Winterkill would buy him all his drinks from now on if he succeeds in destroying any and all recordings of that 'sparkly event'.

It simply never happened. ( the sparkles at least) [face_sick] [face_laugh]

Note: Thanks a million to Yavscout's dedication to the healing arts. Without him, well....thankfully we don't have to visit THAT particular path. ;)

Lukes_Apprentice: Hang in there buddy. We know how insidious DRL can be, do what you need to do. We'll await your return/post eagerly. ( Yer not getting away that easy, ha!) :p

And if you're wondering how come I'm posting so much of late, that's because I'm on vacation. sadly, it's almost over, but I figured I might as well answer all my tags in a timely manner while I can. After this week, is back to...Ugh! Don't wanna think about that right now.

Hey, Bravo! How was that second interview buddy? [face_praying]

See ya'll where the action is. w00t!!

[face_peace]

3. Dinkus_Mayhem

Dinkus_Mayhem Jedi Master star 3

May 4, 2006
    Thank you kind sir. :) It was an amazing experience, and I am already finding that the learning has just begun.

I find it odd that every so often I get tired of a name and switch. My latest obsession is Dinkus_Mayhem, which was a band I used to enjoy back in the 90's, and I am thinking that it will be my new account name for quite some time.

You should be seeing a lot more of me though, which ever name I show up in, gaming is fun...and something I have missed for some time now.

4. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001

Right now, we're in the final stretch of Intervention 1 (nice catch title now, Grey :p). Despite that, however, we still have plenty of game play left. We're finishing up the convoy mission as we speak, then we have a "character development/take a break before your head explodes" mission, then the final mission. I would highly recommend joining Intervention through its final stages here, especially around the character development mission. That way, you can get your feet wet in the world of Intervention, get use to all the players, and the second game won't seem so hard to get the handle of at first.

Before we start the second game, we'll most likely be taking around a month break. Mitth_Fisto, greyjedi125, and Bravo (myself) have been playing Intervention since it opened and I swear the other two have contracts out to kill me by now. :p Seriously, however, Intervention is a fast paced in-depth game to play and it does take a lot out of you sometimes. I think the break would be good for all the players. Since we brought on Sith-I-5 onto staff, that man has worked like a machine, so I'm sure he's looking forward to the break too.

GAME MASTER NOTICE: IMPORTANT!!! Staff duties have been updated in the "Library Thread". All staff MUST read them! Thank you. :)

[b][color=red]EXPERIENCED GAME MASTER NEEDED![/color][/b]

[link=http://boards.theforce.net/role_playing_forum/b10328/30146826/p1/?1668]STAR WARS: INTERVENTION (A story-telling style OT starfighter game)---Always taking new players![/link] is growing and is in need of a "Assistant Game Master" position for the remainder of "[i]Intervention 1[/i]" and for the soon-to-be-coming "[i]Intervention 2[/i]". Please keep in mind that all Assistant Game Master positions must be a starfighter pilot first and foremost. [u]If you are interested and meet the criteria (see below), please send a Private Message to Bravo.[/u]. Thank you! [face_happy]

Anyone desiring the position must fulfill the following criteria to be considered:

- Game Master or Co/Sub Game Master experience highly preferred (not required)

- Written Role Playing (i.e. our games here at the RPF) experience ([color=red]required[/color]) and must show evidence of experience

- Have a management/leadership mind-set

- Be friendly, helpful, and understanding

- Be flexible to changing circumstances within the game, both IC and OOC/OOG.

- Create storylines for missions as needed under the direction of the head Game Master, Bravo.

- Respect the chain of command within the "staff" of [i]Intervention[/i].

[b]Duties:[/b]

1) [Primary Duty] Assistant to Bravo and greyjedi125 for storyline development for The Mercs and Rebel Alliance

2) [Primary Duty] "Three Flight" command and storyline development for "Three Flight," as well as handling any player to player issues, requests, concerns, etc. within "Three Flight" (any major concerns, requests, problems, etc. forward to Game Master Bravo)

3) [Primary Duty] IC a "Game Master Controlled character" in addition to your own IC character

4) [Primary Duty] Oversee the "Gorlech" in a purely Assistant Game Master role, i.e. handle any player to player issues, requests, concerns, etc. within the "Gorlech" (any major concerns, requests, problems, etc. forward to Game Master Bravo)

5) Obey and follow the [link=http://boards.theforce.net/communications/b10006/28941334/p1/?0]Harassment Policy[/link], [link=http://boards.theforce.net/rules_announcements/b10719/27141421/p1/?0]Rules of the JC[/link], and the [link=http://boards.theforce.net/UserPages/Terms.aspx]TOS[/link].

6) All player disputes or problems, IC, OOC/OOG, or over

5. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Are we recruiting more GM's for the second game? If so, how many do you have in mind?? :confused:

6. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001

Recruiting for the rest of this game and for the second game. :) I hope is that whoever comes on board for this game, will stay on with the second game.

[color=red][b]GAME MASTER OOG:[/color][/b]

MASSIVE updates to the [link=http://boards.theforce.net/role_playing_resource/b10757/30947323/p1/?25]Library Thread[/link] including (please read all, thank you):

- "DECLARATION OF FOUNDATION"
    - "DECLARATION OF The Force"
    - Roster update

Please note that the "Index" has not been updated to reflect the changes.

7. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Gosh, darn it. That Qui Gon Jinn post invalidates my take on what Sodalis did to that stormtrooper's gun, but rather than delete my version, I can put it here.

[b]Deck 17, forward section[/b]

With his three fellow stormtroopers, One-Three stood at one end of the darkened corridor, red emergency lighting flashing off their plastoid armour.

Vader's quarry, from the pitch of that diembodied voice, was either a femme, or a male wearing incredibly tight underwear: "[color=royalblue][i]'That's an E-11 Blaster carbine, is it not? It's standard issue, which means it's pretty common among your ranks. I've encountered it many times, enough times to do this?[/i][/color]"

[i]CLATTER[/i]

The rain of weapon components was loud in the darkness, as the gun held by the trooper to One-Three's immediate left, dissolved in his hands, forcing One-Three to break formation himself to step forward and stamp onto a rolling component while his compatriot squatted to corral his parts.

One-Three picked up the macroscope, and handed it to his friend. "[color=#474747]Here.[/color]"

"[color=#343434]Thanks. Guess I owe Sergeant Rock an apology.[/color]"

"[color=#474747]How so?[/color]"

The jedi was still droning on, not realising that she'd just distracted the stormtroopers from her speech.

"[color=#343434]I always told him there would never be a reason to re-assemble my gun together in four seconds. Blindfolded.[/color]"

One-Three listened to the sound of his friend clicking his gun together, imagining him identifying parts by touch, spinning them in nimble fingers and slotting them into the central barrel or the stock to rebuild it.
    Despite himself, a worrying thought seeped into his brain. "[color=#474747]Hope she-[/color]"

"[color=#343434]Ta dahhh![/color]" Alpha announced triumphantly. Though the two had been whispering not to be overheard by their dark master, this was louder than he meant.
    He returned to position, between One-Three and the third trooper, his gun already re-assembled.

"[color=royalblue][i]-Do not interfere. You may stand guard if you wish-[/i][/color]"

"[color=#474747]Did you just say 'ta da'?[/color]" The stormtrooper whispered, eyebrows raised in amusement under his helmet.

"[color=#343434]Your point?[/color]"

"[color=#474747]No, no point.[/color]" He looked speculatively into the view that his helmet's Holographic Vision Processing system that his systems made of the corridor's darkness. "[color=#474747]I hope she doesn't know her way around our thermal detonators.[/color]"

8. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Sith: Excellent humor as always, both here and on your 'official' post. :)

"I hope she doesn't know her way around our thermal detonators."

Guess we'll never find out. :p

Or at least not this time around, hehehe. ;)

I hope everyone is keeping cool during this heatwave. My area has been subjected to several blackouts already...so yeah. Summer fun. [face_shame_on_you]

Well, take care everyone!TTFN!

[face_peace]

9. Lukes_Apprentice

Lukes_Apprentice Jedi Master star 3

Oct 15, 2008
    All right guys I will definitely get post up tonight in response to Sith.

10. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    GAME MASTER NOTICE

ATTENTION ALL PLAYERS! Due to Intervention's expansion, a tough summer a few of us have had (raises hand as one of those [face_beatup]), and a few of the staff members wondering how much we got left in the tank after two years, Intervention is going to be doing some major restructuring...TODAY! Surprise...? [face_worried]

First on the list is Sith-I-5. Sith has been promoted to Assistant Game Master and will be leading up Intervention's new Training Department. Sith will be overseeing all new players and will develop missions and storylines for them to get their feet wet in the world of Intervention. In addition, Sith will be carrying over his duties from Support Staff, being our resident story teller, comedian, and jack of all trades. For the immediate future, Support Staff with be empty, but there probably will be a new player assuming that role when the Force stuff hits full force in the game.

Second, as you probably all know by now, greyjedi125 is taking a promotion to lead up our new Force Game Master position. Grey will still carry over his duties as Co-Game Master, but his position for Three Flight / Gorlech Game Master oversight is needing to be filled. If anyone feels they can fill that position (please see the "EXPERIENCED GAME MASTER NEEDED!" posted on 7/22 9:51am in this thread), please send me a PM. The Gorlech crew handles themselves extremely well and doesn't need a "mirco manager" GM; they simply need GM oversight for game protocol reasons, so please be mindful of that. I would hate to see DREAMSTAR blow up the Johnny Boy out of anger. :p

So, our new staff structure will look as follows starting today:

Game Master: Bravo
    - Overall Game Management
    - Two Flight/Johnny Boy oversight

Co-Game Master: greyjedi125
    - Assistant to Overall Game Management
    - Force Game Master
    - Temporarily covering Three Flight/Gorlech crew until replacement is found

Assistant Game Master: Mitth_Fisto
    - Assistant to Co-Game Master
    - One Flight oversight

Assistant Game Master: Sith-I-5
    - Training Department
    - "Emergency" Storyteller

11. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    GAME MASTER NOTICE

Earwen_Lightrider has to temporarily step out of the game until mid-August. :( We wish her the best of luck and it sounds like she'll be back. :D

12. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Sith-I-5, sporting fancy new AGM laminated ID, steps up behind the bar, pulls an Orange Fanta from the fridge, and pours himself a tall glass.

"Man, its depressing in here. Red Queen, hit it Old Skool! Something from 1992."

Scanna - Intimidator (literally just found this)

Nods head appreciatively and pirouettes on the dance floor as he readies the Time Slip and Johnny Boy Medical posts he prepared earlier.

13. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    The Eatery has been quiet this last week... [face_thinking]

Sith, that is some old school music. And nice shinny new ID. :D

*Shakes out any stiffness* How's this for some music: Billy Idol - Dancing With Myself (Lyrics) - YouTube

*Starts dancing* :cool:

I feel so sorry for [b]Sith-I-5[/b] some days, I really, really do. The poor guy is like running something over three NPC's at the moment (I know there's more...I've lost count), on-top of his own character. The dude is a RPing machine, he really is! But he needs help.

If anyone is able to take a load off his shoulders with NPCs, just contact Sith-I-5. He didn't ask me to do this, I'm just doing this, because I know how it feels to be RPing various characters. Its hard to do.

I'll get to all other tags ASAP. Have to go to work. Its been a hard day today. [face_sad] Was really looking forward to something this weekend and my second job has suddenly cut my legs out from under me on the three day conference I'm supposed to go to this weekend. Granted, I couldn't make it today (because of work), but could have made it Saturday and Sunday. Now I'm only going Saturday. While I'm hurt, I know that the situation is in the Lord's hands and good with come out of it. It just hurts, since I was looking forward to this for the last almost three months.

On the job searching front I applied to three jobs this week and a job last week. That's four jobs in two weeks. Maybe not awesome numbers, but at least there's jobs to apply to. I think its pretty good considering I'm already working two part time jobs and can really only job search on Tuesday mornings and Friday mornings because of my other two jobs. But hey, I'm getting out there and trying my best.

14. Master_Ponta

Master_Ponta Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2003
    Bravo, I don't pretend to understand all of your life... I don't think I could. But don't feel the need to stand up for yourself, at least not in my opinion.

We all know how ruthless Darth Real Life can be... and I appreciate the fact that you're still running this RP for our enjoyment :)

15. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Aye! Aye! and Amen! ( Agrees 1000% with Master_Ponta.)

Hang in there bro! and be of good cheer! ( I didn't understand that until recently. It's kind of amazingly surreal. Try it.) ;)

[face_peace]

16. Master_Ponta

Feb 11, 2003
    Wow, old school music indeed. Tried to link it and it wouldn't work... but "It's my Life" by Bon Jovi is definitely on the top of my list.

17. Helljumper1178

Helljumper1178 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 5, 2010
    Hey guess I'm writing to apologize. I wanted to get a reply out to Master_Ponta and Sith, but as it has worked out I having to leave town and probably wont be back until Thursday. In fact I'm about to walk out the door, but thought I should at least give you guys a heads up. Sorry again guys, I'll reply right when I get back.
    On another note, it looks as though things will be freeing up here soon, so with a little luck I can get back in the middle of things soon.

18. Master_Ponta

Feb 11, 2003
    *gumble grumble grumble* I guess I'll wait....

LOL, no problem Helljumper, be safe.

19. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Grey, great work catching that mop! [face_laugh]

Bravo, you really kicked the Rebel Cruiser plot up a gear with that synthdroid adversary and the double-cross. Nice work!

20. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Thanks, Sith. I'm beginning to get your comedic sensibilities. ;)

And Woot!! Intervention is of FIRE!! Posting FRENZEEYYY!! [face_dancing]

Party at Rocketjock's!! W00t! W00T! :D

21. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    A friendly moderator reminder - this is of course still a thread primarily for OOC and OOG discussion of all things Intervention. We do have a pair of fine Social Threads in both the NSWRPF and the regular SWRPF. :)

22. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    Yeah and my characters caught up in the double cross. Better have a good plan to get my character out.

Edit: you didn't put cuffs on my character did you. I didn't see any reference, if that's the case I have a couple of escape scenarios dancing through my head time for the let out :D [face_mischief] [face_skull] :D

23. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Peng, I understand that the Rocketjock Eatery over the last two weeks or so has experienced a little more then usual social activity outside of game related OOC discussion. Most of this was due to my inability to be on the boards lately in regards to a personal life crisis involving work (as far as I can tell)---in light of that, Intervention's players and staff came around me as support. As far as I can tell, the increased social chatter is due to that. To that extent, I am extremely sorry for any inconvenience.

As a matter of a paper trail, I would like to post DarthXan318's approval of this thread's creation and it's restrictions set by Xan personally in several PMs exchanged by Xan and myself.

I hope that this will clarify any uncertainties anyone has. :)

[color=midnightblue][b]Xan Edit:[/b] Posting PMs is not allowed. You can post a summary of our discussion, but not the full text.[/color]

24. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    You'll recall Bravo we also stipulated in our discussions that this was to be primarily an OOC discussion thread and not a chat thread. We turn a blind eye to the occasional social chatter because we're all only human and that's what happens when you discuss things with friends anyway, but don't let it overwhelm the thread is all we're saying. :)

By all means post notes about when you're going to be away and why, and so on ... but if you want to talk about music best take that to the social threads.

25. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    My words were meant as a friendly reminder; I have no uncertainties, thank you. :) Please recall also that Xani and I are in constant communication with each other - I'm well aware of what the agreements were. :p