main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Rocketjock Eatery (A Star Wars: Intervention OOC/OOG discussion thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Bravo, Apr 5, 2011.

1. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Looking forward to seeing something new in the thread.

2. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    I'm responding to tags tonight, so I don't know how much storyline posts I'll be able to get to. But I have everything pre mapped in my head for the storyline posts, so writing them should come quickly tomorrow. But I will try to get to part of them tonight if I can.

How are you feeling Sith?

3. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Not completely recovered, but went back to work yesterday (Wednesday) with the same status I mentioned before: in the right circumstances, can go several hours without a coughing fit.

My managers are aware that I'm on the look out for the "wrong circumstances". Walking down nine flights for a fire drill was surprisingly okay, but making me laugh almost killed me. :p

4. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Whoops.

5. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Whoops what? Plus, the edit line is classic! :p

6. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    Lasso is on the 400th floor.....egads man! Forget the stairs!! And a whole company of troopers!? ( that's 80-225 soldiers) :eek: YEOUCH!!! And lets not forget the Umbaran beauty! [face_hypnotized] [face_love]

Dak....that was an eloquent understatement.[face_skull] [face_laugh] :p

Oh...yeah, we got this...[face_rofl]

*let the scheming begin* [face_devil]

EDIT: I have a long day tomorrow, so will likely post on friday. Meh. :(

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  7. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    Loving the song choice for Lasso's escape, Bravo! Man this takes me back. What is love, baby don't hurt me, don't hurt me, no more.....

Oh good times.

8. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Oh yes, Vehn, oh yes...

9. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Hey Grey, I hate to burst your bubble, but the Umbaran is a dude. :p But, since I haven't specified gender yet, you have given me an idea...

10. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    I stand by Grey in calling the Umbaran a beauty no matter it's gender. To see a good exquisite alien, even an evil one is usually a pleasure. ;)

11. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    *waves fist at GM's ambiguous post! :mad::p

Agreed Mitth....agreed. :cool:

Time to work on my post. [face_whistling]O:)

12. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    It was an Umbaran femme that looked directly at Dak, was it not? I had been thinking of it as a her, till that point.

My Whoops, I posted my game post in the wrong thread.

Dak should call in the girls for reinforcements, though even if he doesn't, if they catch holonews footage of the lightsabre-wielding robed guy, I may have them go in to support, given the Mercs' general affiliation with the Order.

Mitth_Fisto, Bravo and greyjedi125 like this.
  13. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002

See, I wasn't the only one who 'assumed' the Umbaran was female. :p

And I would love to see IMOTEP kick some derriere with the rescue group. Imagine the irony: They'd be sending folks to the hospital, which would also be out of commission... Oh! the infamy!! LOL!!

Bravo likes this.
  14. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Hospital tannoy: "Can the owner of a landspeeder, registration THX-1138, please report to Floor Seven, and reverse it out of the window of the Endoscopic Department. Thank you."

Do you just like the name out of the Mummy films, or do you have in interest in Egyptology?

Mitth_Fisto, Bravo and greyjedi125 like this.
  15. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002

@Sith-I-5. If you had a stand up show, I'd definitely watch it! That was hilarious!!!! [face_laugh]

Bravo likes this.
  16. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Sith, I keep forgetting about the girls! :oops: Been so busy writing (and enjoying every minute of it), that I forgot about that. Hmm. I believe Dak will be making a call in for support! [face_thinking]

17. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Grey and Mitth, from the start of the orginal Intervention in 2009, how do you think Echoes is starting? It feels more polished. Thoughts?

Sith, Vehn, Jusik, Heavy, T-65, Selkath...how does the squeal game feel to the original?

Temporarily ignore as I float between usernames for a moment. :p

IC: General Preeminent Hilick Soal
    Private Communications Room, Assertor-class Dreadnought Darkest Night, High Orbit over Craci Prime, Craci System

18. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    So what has started with two Imperial Navy Troopers guarding Hilick Soal's communications' room's door---and finding the disposition of said Troopers aboard the Dreadnaught---has now turned into an obsession to find out the precise crew count, down to the gunners, of the Dreadnaught. I think I need help. :p

19. Heavy Isotope

Heavy Isotope Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 10, 2013
    Well I don't think thats something he'd know off his head, but a crew muster/accountability log would give him the numbers. I'm sure he has a tablet or personal terminal.

I love it! I feel more into it now, last game I came in so late that I literally was floating in the chaos. :p (I'm sure you all remember my noobiness & Masha's predicament. Haha) Can't wait to jump back into Blade Dancer. But I am also liking my current spot. It's fun to have a way to develop my character's story and mentality. :3

20. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    I'm enjoying the game. Obviously my position is different to most players, in that I can run multiple npcs, and have side plots to keep things jumping. The danger is over-arching on a macro scale for me and most of my people, but not personally affecting us yet. The nearest I've got is the governor npc being fired upon from across the street, though the Espo npc pilot who is now not going to get any backup from the stormtrooper lieutenant should probably think about doing a U-turn before he runs into any of the Colonel's men.

I wrote up a post of the girls yesterday, and am looking forward to editing it for posting. They are getting loaded for bear!

Also, re. Yav, I have placed a marker in the future. If A occurs, Yav will do B. It's in character and based on an important but brushed-aside event in Intervention.

21. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Okay, the Darkest Night's crew disposition is charted...down to the last gunner and last Naval Trooper acting as security. I am exhausted, but there you go...a crew map...and it all started with two Imperial Navy Troopers guarding a communications room...and I dislike being a perfectionist geek at times...bed...now...crash... I-) :p

22. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    @Sith-I-5. The Mummy movies were mildly entertaining. They never fulfilled the potential they promised and came off as somewhat cheesy and formulaic, to my disappointment. I actually did study Egyptology during my second year at College and I liked it quite a lot. Got top scores in that class. :)

@Bravo. Wow! Has it really been that long already?? I believe I only played for the first quarter of intervention before succumbing to gamer burnout of the worst kind. It was a rough beginning. This is the complete opposite experience.
    But more to your credit, you got it together way before this.With Sith and @Mitth_Fisto aboard your admin team ( along with any other I might have missed mentioning), you guys were running a tight and efficient ship long before Intervention closed its first installment. I'm excited as for what could happen in Echoes, seeing how much I've missed. I've already gone back to re-read some scenes ( which lead to other scenes, LOL!). I just hope I can keep up with you guys as far as quality posts as well as expectations. I must also mention that @Bardan_Jusik has impressed me to the point that I'm researching Mandalorians on the side. Who knew! :p

Last but never least, make sure you get your proper rest Bravo, stay fresh for the long run. Take care of RL where needed ( yeah, I know, it gets in the way :p ) But to answer the question: It's like the golden arches...I'm loving it. Kudos brother.

23. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
  24. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    I'm having fun. Sunri probably wishes he was in his fighter though :p

(something he may still do depending on how things go. Like if the Caravel gets in a group of ships, he may call the fighter in and do some suitably stupid heroic 'jump in the fighter and fight them off while the Mando rescues the girl' thing :p )

greyjedi125, Sith-I-5 and Mitth_Fisto like this.
  25. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Thanks for the link @Mitth_Fisto. You guys are so much better at this than I am. :-B

And ditto, @Skywalker_T-65 . I too am looking forward to a plethora of suitably stupid heroic deeds of my own.[face_laugh]:_|