main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Rocketjock Eatery (A Star Wars: Intervention OOC/OOG discussion thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Bravo, Apr 5, 2011.

1. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    The sequel game has a tighter story to it and better pacing. There seems to be a great amount of forward momentum for all the characters involved and I'm enjoying the little foibles and wrinkles that are cropping up as we delve deeper into the political problems of the galaxy. I find the story to be more liberating in terms of what I can do with Ayres, what I can slowly reveal through inner character development, and just overall fleshing out. Grey is very fun to write with so I think the two of us bounce well off one another though our characters, and their backgrounds, couldn't be any more different.

2. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    I agree with Vehn, there does seem ample opportunity to flesh out characters. Plus we have Intervention histories to draw on now.

Unless I am badly over-estimating how much of a car would safely get through a hospital window/wall, I can see potential tactical or evac applications to this new skill of Mahaben's.

3. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Eh, you might end up with not much better than a hover board that would make a fall jarring instead of deadly. . .could work. Not to mention definitely something that would get the attention of the Captain as well as the others.

4. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    Thanks Vehn, but it's mutual and more. All you guys write top notch post, so I'll get there eventually. :-B

And WOAH...Mitth, Sith....you guys just gave me a BRILLIANT idea!![face_idea] Though I don't think there are enough vehicles in the area to realize what I'm envisioning.....hehehe. But it wouldn't hurt to try. [face_skull] :p

5. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Well, my tannoy pun was based on the height I visualised Mahaben would get a car to. Now if we make it actually in-game, and it is right-side up, we can by-pass the ground-level exits guarded by the Umbaran's ISB troops.

Alternately, the rescue team could occupy a people carrier, and Mahaben can insert it into the building, saving them a few flights.

6. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Good way to use the cover of innocent 'by-standers' not trying to break into the place if you are physically hurled into the place ;)

7. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    @Bravo. *Ahem* before I post further for our resident ex-jedi, I ask that you watch this: ( use close caption if necessary ) ;)

There's a scene you'll fine interesting, among other things. [face_devil] Bwahahaha!...I mean...O:)[face_whistling]

Note: I work all day tomorrow, so a post won't come until evening at best, fyi.

8. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    I remember that film! Watched it twice with and without captions it twas so nice :D

Still looking forward to see how Winterkill handles his situation though.

9. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    I'm a big 'Versus' fan, as the original was ( and is ) so awesome for its time. I shall have a post for both our resident miraluka and nagai on my next pass. See ya'll soonish. ;)

*Also, anxious to see what happens with Taab and his companions. [face_nail_biting]

10. Heavy Isotope

Heavy Isotope Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 10, 2013
  11. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    It's on my to do list! :p

[​IMG]

Heavy Isotope likes this.
  12. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Everyone is posting as a Miraluka and Nagai? This should be interesting :p

13. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    I never knew of that video... [face_worried] So it is on my "to do" list here after some tags start rolling in. I don't want to get too far ahead on that hospital post, since certain aspects of it are very...important. [face_shhh]

14. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
  15. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Yes, I have seen these!! I also follow the fan film competition...so many gems out there! :)

Thanks for posting it Mitth. :)

Bravo is cooking something MAJOR for us MERCS!! I can smell eeeet!! [face_nail_biting]

16. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    I can practically taste it. ]-}

Now I must sleep, yes perchance to dream a response here and in the lycan world. . .all must be replied in due time GreyJedi. [face_devil]

Tim Battershell and greyjedi125 like this.
  17. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    I have parts of a post ready, I should have the rest done and posted by tomorrow.

[​IMG]

Bravo and Heavy Isotope like this.
  18. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    There, it is done in both worlds. Have at it Grey!

Bravo likes this.
  19. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    Post is up. :D

Bravo likes this.
  20. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Grey, can you explain the difference between both of your character's dual personalities? I understand the basics---the one who is "rising up" is the fighter, the warrior---a bit darker, more of a gray between good and evil when the times calls upon it. A dangerous line, but one that Windu walked with his lightsaber form. The one that is "diminishing" is the wise wizard, the call of wisdom, the patience for peace and understanding, a very defined good. Am I understanding the dual personality? I mean, is there a dual personality actually there or are you defining an emotional state of mind for the character that he can control perfectly on his own? Because, a dual personality would not grant freedom of choice to switch between the two personalities like one chooses between coffee and water.

21. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Sent you a PM @Bravo. [face_peace]

22. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Vehn, a splendid post! Loved the authenticity of the electrical and breaker systems.

Working on a CompForce in the car park post myself, so your efforts will be incorporated too.

23. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    @Vehn. I was rooting and cheering for Ayres as I read that post. So glad he made it! great read and great post indeed!

@Sith-I-5. I was laughing hard at your 'media circus' angle on the whole hospital scene. Have these people no sense? Apparently not! ( points at robo-husband) =D=

This is going to be one interesting ride...so many layers and angles. [face_hypnotized][face_laugh] Love it! =P~

24. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    So Sunri is going to go down a hatch that may or may not lead into a trap...

I'm regretting leaving the lightsaber behind :p

25. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    He could always ask to borrow Taab's. :p

[​IMG]