main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Rocketjock Eatery (A Star Wars: Intervention OOC/OOG discussion thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Bravo, Apr 5, 2011.

1. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Considering that ship was produced and released for Empire Usages around the time of the battle of Hoth, and we are playing in the time line just after the Battle of Yavin, I do have an issue with that ship being used by a smuggler WildWook. Unless he somehow got a prototype model a few years before the first line comes off the assembly and is delivered to the Empire it seems off to be traveling around like so.

2. Wildwookiee

Wildwookiee Jedi Master star 4

Apr 14, 2001
    Mitth, I didn't realize that until after I submitted the character sheet. It is possible, my character's backstory has him being an imperial officer, so I'm sure field rd happened prior to deployment . But I will go by the decision of the gm, I'll RP from a cargo skiff if I have to

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Wildwookiee

Given Anders' career as Imperial Medical Force...hold on, that makes him IMF, Mission Impossible, anyway, what about this medical shuttle?

Or an NR2?

4. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    I won't be able to get a post up before the deadline....just a heads up.

5. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
  6. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    So, are we on non-posting mode now?

7. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Yes. But I will be getting the chapter 1 scroll up much sooner today then planned. I'm taking two lazy pills and skipping out on church today...truth be told, staying up until 1:30am and waking up at 6:30am makes this body a bit tired still. Plus, I need a day to just be blah, haven't had one in a while. ;)

8. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Scroll is posted.

I corrected our post (after) time from Craci Prime to 3 days, so we're only a few hours from Rhen Var. Heads up to Master Selkath who liked the post already. :p

Okay, off to lunch before I fall over! :p

9. Master Selkath

Master Selkath Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 5, 2013
    It looks great to me Bravo and now that it's summer for me I can get more active and start posting again.

Bravo likes this.
  10. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    I was talking to Sith-I-5 over PM earlier. The hardest thing was making sure everything lined up with Canon and Legends. I don't want to destroy anything in Legends outright, so most of my time was compiling a list of Legends and comparing them to the game and playing a game of elimination to see what would best fit for the game, but also what would best leave Legends intact in case LucasFilm decides to use it as Canon. The biggest part, also what I told Sith, was finding that balance between AU in a limited sense (as Intervention and Echoes has always done between the movies) and carrying it a bit further now to utilize rich Legends material we couldn't use until LucasFilm labeled it free game to pick at.

11. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Okay, off to posting for Lasso! :cool:

12. Wildwookiee

Apr 14, 2001
    Bravo- what do you mean we couldn't pick at the Legends material?

13. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Just heads up, I will be conducting Lasso's post in the early morning hours (in game time).

Legends was divided by pre-movies (TMP and before) and post-moves (ROTJ and further) for the most part. We were restricted by time frames; so I couldn't take the TIE Defender and place it at ROTJ in larger numbers per the Essential Guides (although the Empire had the resources for the TIE Defender in larger numbers); or I couldn't add Vader's TIE Advanced as a main-stream TIE model after ANH (the TIE Advanced made a more logical choice to counter the Rebels Y and X-Wing models then the TIE Fighter and could of been used in larger numbers sooner). Or I couldn't use the E-Wing or V-Wing (air speeder) in the GCW. All because of the previously stated "Canon" that is now Legends.

14. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    As I'm writing this post, a heads up as I was doing my research...

15. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    I don't really understand what RL canon and Legends has to do with us?

16. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    I try to have Intervention and Echoes bridge the expanse, so we uphold the movies (Canon), respect the hard work of others throughout the years (Legends), yet have enough AU wiggle room to do what we want without violating either of the two previous mentioned.

17. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Presumably you were doing that before Lucasfilm got sold to Disney, and Disney threw the EU under a speeder, so I don't undertand why we have to re-jig whatever we were working with because of events at Disney.

18. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    [face_dunno]

I noticed a huge error while working on my post that I am working on---hence why it is taking so bloody long. I noticed the entry on the Johnny Boy in the Quick Reference has a incomplete "Command Deck". I was referencing the QR for bridge details when I noticed that. I am fixing that now by the way before I continue onto my post.

19. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Johnny Boy bridge in Quick Reference is fixed. Back to posting. ;)

20. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Thanks. Don't want Mary breaking her other arm.

Bravo likes this.
  21. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    Great job on the Chapter One Opening scroll. I had to go back and re-read it with actual Star Wars theme Music! =D==D=[face_dancing]

Bravo likes this.
  22. Wildwookiee

Apr 14, 2001
    Are we sticking to established legends canon, or are we borrowing from it but not sticking to it's established time? This is of interest to me in regard to the Paragon. The JV 7 is my favorite transport, and the timeline is roughly two years too early for it. I could make the case that my character could have taken a prototype from the ship he was assigned, but I have no desire to cause any undue stress. Sith posed some alternatives, I don't necessarily like either, because of the backstory I wrote and what I have in mind, so I have been looking at alternatives. If we are allowed to borrow from Legends and not completely respect the timeline, then I would like to know.

Thanks! If not, how about the VT-49 decimator

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/VT-49_Decimator?file=Vt49.jpg

23. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    POSTED!!!!! :cool:

24. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    We are adhering to the newly established Canon from LucasFilm and hence it's parent company The Walt Disney Company. "Star Wars Legends" (Expanded Universe) is now being adhered to by what Star Wars has released as Canon and Legends (a updated news article on the subject from May 2014 can be found here). Furthermore, until I have more time to pin down details further, Intervention / Echoes' official game announcement---in addition to the above mentioned material in this response---is as follows:

25. Wildwookiee

Apr 14, 2001
    So using this the JV 7 would be off limits because it's pre rotg, and just outside the Intervention timeline. The Decimator is fine with me then