main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Rocketjock Eatery (A Star Wars: Intervention OOC/OOG discussion thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Bravo, Apr 5, 2011.

1. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    It'll be alright, Wildwookiee. Really, anything Legends (unless it's listed and as long as it' not too far advanced in technology...so like a XJ X-Wing or Shadow Droid as examples) is alright to use. So the JV 7 is alright. :)

2. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    I have updated the Quick References' ICs and NPCs accordingly, as well as I've added a new ship photo to the Federals. Where you see, on page 3, a bunch of empty "edit" posts, I will be inserting an expanded Galactic Empire reference page there. I did add a "Other Fractions" page (page 5) that will be expanded upon accordingly. It is very possible that I will have to add a eight page here soon, depending on how the restructure of the opening page goes in the Quick Reference.

3. Wildwookiee

Wildwookiee Jedi Master star 4

Apr 14, 2001
    10-4

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Sooo, wildwookie, are you using the JV-7 or not? Until you finalise, I don't know what to describe in my posts?

Bravo, who, of the Merc npc regulars, are on the DD? I don't know if I can use Tim Williams, his daughter, either of the Wookiees, etc. cos I don't know if you transferred them back to the JB

5. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Jedi_padawan_leigh Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    Sith-I-5 Just wanting to double check something. Since it's been three days since leaving Craci Prime, and if Kannari is in medical, would she be in some sort of isolation due to radiation sickness?

6. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Jedi_padawan_leigh, been thinking the exact same thing. If it is okay, I think Kannari should be in a bed in our med-bay. I hadn't thought of the isolation bit though.

What do you think?

I am doing a Nurse Ulrike post, and I can mention your Cathar is in medical, if you agree.

7. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Jedi_padawan_leigh Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    Yeah that sounds fine too me Sith :) Will await your post before submitting mine

8. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
  9. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    When it comes to radiation doping, unless she has a high level of radiation (what real earth medicine would label 1 week lethal levels) imbedded in her body by still radioactive elements would she be in any level of quarantine. Radiation doesn't stick around like in cartoons by just the rays. So she likely got scrubbed down, maybe had her lungs washed out (actually does happen in rare instances and in this case likely for particulate removal if afraid they are radioactive), and be on bed rest and gene / radiation therapies. I wish I could pull a couple of the Legends that I think might touch on this stuff, but that is the best figures I can give for real world medicine in this situation (with a step forward to add the gene therapy. . .would be more specific with that as well but those books are already packed.)

EDIT: As an aside, lung washing is basically where they drown you one lung at a time and drain it out and rinse - repeat to clean out the particulate matter. Done with a two tube system going to each lung and alternating. . .according to a person that has gone through it. "It is like being constantly drowned for forever - even if it only lasts a few hours."

10. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Cheers, Mitth.

Well, she and the other survivors got foamed and scrubbed down at least. The time limit on Craci posts forced me not to get all that out, though we at least saw a stormtrooper hosed with foam.

How long does it take to wash lungs out?

This is all I can see on Wiki about the subject: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Anti-radiation_inoculation

Oh, on lethality levels, the radiation at the spaceport is supposed to be pretty mild, since the damage from a concussion missile is supposed to be from the kinetic, concussive impact. The energy payload is really an afterthought, so the spaceport wasn't nuked, even though I posted a mushroom cloud.

11. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    It takes anywhere from a couple hours to six hours to wash out lungs, it all depends on how bad things are. In SW I would bet they would add a little bacta to the wash to help things along.

For a mild level, topical creams might be used, push of health nutrition that have shown benefits either oral and/or IV, add an inoculation and something to help curb any free radicals cascading so a post dose of inoculate. Orders to rest and stay away from ion drives. . .*raises hands to the heavens* not much really to do for a mild dose of radiation. Good news is that the nervous system is the least susceptible to any radiation damage due to slow rate of growth, skin and intestinal lining are the most susceptible. So she would likely have the rash, slight peeling on the most exposed areas / more severe wherever there was less protective armor, and upset stomach that will take a couple days to pass as the gut lining is replaced by the body naturally.

12. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    *Nods*

JLL introduced in his own post, the existence of airborne particles, so a lung wash might be necessary. As to whether there would have been time to do one between when the rescuers got to the bus, and the Luck's Gamble took over, bit dubious, but I since she had to operate to a different schedule to Merc Airways, it feels in hindsight, that the medics would have done all the necessary treatment before handing them over to the Mercs for transport to Craci Two.

I think there would likely be hair/fur loss, but Kannari is not my character, so not my jurisdiction to add that detail.

13. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    *Looks forward to reading it all either soon or later*

14. Heavy Isotope

Heavy Isotope Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 10, 2013
    I'll have a post up tomorrow. :)

15. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    We transferred everyone over back to the JB and we kept Jod/Block crew on the DD.

16. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Copy that.

Are the people at Rhen Var, including the DD counted as Mercs, or Guardians?

17. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Ya know, I've never really defined that. :p I've had it in texts for over a year now, but never really settled on one. The storyline, back in Intervention, was headed that way. Then I was never able to finish that story arch...but, as I'm typing here, I think I'll be able to. In fact, I know just how to do it too! Lets refer to us as Mercs for now, but I'll be adding in the Guardians tag later in the game.

My figuring is that the Mercs got a cold heart towards "Guardians" after the Jod up and left them after Port Haven. So you may label it a hardening of heart as for the reason why we're still "Mercs". And after 5 years, Mercs has a certain ring to it, so its hard to let go completely if you get my meaning.

18. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Yeah, that makes sense.

As posted, Aurora stayed on the Interdictor. Even when Spycoder ran her, she wasn't up to the rough and tumble Merc ways.

Bravo likes this.
  19. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Taab still thinks that Mercs sounds like presumptuous limmie team. :p

[​IMG]

Mitth_Fisto and Bravo like this.
  20. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    I have updated the Special Warfare Division Trooper (SD Trooper) for the Jod as I am transfering everything over to the new page on the QR. Just FYI.

21. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    *sigh* Repeat after me: Mobile Emergency Rescue Crew. :p

Bravo, Bardan_Jusik and Mitth_Fisto like this.
  22. Wildwookiee

Apr 14, 2001
    Sorry, was driving cross country. JV-7

Bravo likes this.
  23. Wildwookiee

Apr 14, 2001
    Bravo,

I'm a little rusty at this, and I've forgotten a few formalities. In one of my posts, I stated that Lasso gave Pierce an authorization code. I didn't think that this was an unreasonable assumption due to the role that Pierce had played during the Red Rock era. Pierce had worked for the Mercs, but left to start his own medical practice, being unable to deal with the Sithspawn and the other things that he had witnessed aboard the Johnny Boy. He left amicably (I'm retconning here obviously, what happened was DRL promoted me, moved me to Memphis, TN, got my wife pregnant, and gave me the most beautiful, wonderful baby girl the world has ever seen, and she, my wife, and my career, and my new Church have taken up most of my life. Seriously...I play video games possibly an hour every two weeks.) I believed that he and Lasso were friends and that Lasso would have given Pierce a way to contact him if he ever needed the Mercs. Pierce was unable to do so, as we will find out, but he contracted with Priest to carry out his wishes. I just forgot to ask permission to see if it would be ok to make those assumptions.

Bravo likes this.
  24. Wildwookiee

Apr 14, 2001
    I lost my pw testing mobile

25. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Hey, you play more video games more then me! :p I play like once every two months.

Everything is good buddy. Pierce left, but would like you said, have a way to contact us. I think that is perfectly reasonable. I was going to NPC post that Terrel Vacks pointed Pierce the way towards the Mercs anyways to make everything line up. So we're all good, no worries. :) And just FYI, Terrel Vacks is "retired" on Bespin. But I'll NPC him here soon to connect everything.