1. Oh hai Guest!

Welcome to the RPF!

OOC Rocketjock Eatery (A Star Wars: Intervention OOC/OOG discussion thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Bravo, Apr 5, 2011.

Moderators: Penguinator, Ramza
  1. Bravo Force Ghost

star 6
    I've been a busy little bee over in the Quick Reference the last two nights. While it's one entry, on page 5 ("Other Factions"), its a bit juicy with details if you can connect the dots. If not, well, you'll just have to wait to be surprised later on. :p I was going to try to introduce this starfighter into a IC post last night, but as I myself started weave the mysterious into, I realized that I couldn't do something "half butt". So I made something pretty cool I thought.
    Last edited by Bravo, May 28, 2014
    Heavy Isotope likes this.
  2. Bravo Force Ghost

star 6
    @Wildwookiee, I will get a tag up tonight for you. I tried to do one on lunch break and just ran out of time.
  3. Sith-I-5 Force Ghost

star 5
    Int-er-est-ing.

Fell asleep last night. Not in itself a bad thing, but I was in a race against time to post before @Bravo, because I too had written a post lunchtime to answer @Wildwookie's tag, but could not post it from work.

Mine was a meet and greet, whereas I note, yours was not...so I can still post mine. :cool:

EDIT: Ah-ha, I see there was one greety sort of line in there. Ah well, I've posted now. :p
    Last edited by Sith-I-5, May 30, 2014
    Bravo likes this.
  4. Bardan_Jusik Mand'alor - Manager of the EUC, SWC and Spinoffs

Manager
    star 9
    We're going to need to change the name of that mission @Sith-I-5. ;)

[IMG]
    Last edited by Bardan_Jusik, May 30, 2014
  5. Sith-I-5 Force Ghost

star 5
    Operation Witches Triple-Stars doesn't sound quite as snappy.

Nobody modded me when I used the line in Intervention, so I thought it was okay.

So how is this combination post of Taab and Masha coming along?
    Last edited by Sith-I-5, May 30, 2014
    Bravo likes this.
  6. Bardan_Jusik Mand'alor - Manager of the EUC, SWC and Spinoffs

Manager
    star 9
    Meh, it probably just wasn't noticed before but it's on the disallowed word list so unless we want to call it "triple star" we should probably rethink the name. :p

It's going well, working out things via PM with @Heavy Isotope and @Skywalker_T-65. I have my ideas all set for what I will be doing for Taab and Atin on the Johnny Boy but finalizing the flashback stuff first before I post. Hopefully I can get that written up tomorrow.

[IMG]
    Bravo likes this.
  7. Bravo Force Ghost

star 6
    I didn't see the naughty word, since Jusik just had to do something about it :p , but knowing Sith, it was in epic fashion! :D
    Last edited by Bravo, May 30, 2014
  8. Heavy Isotope Jedi Master

star 3
    I'll be getting to the post now @Bardan_juisk :)
    Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  9. Wildwookiee Force Ghost

star 4
    Just a question on banned words. Would other words that mean the same but spelled differently be acceptable, the actual phrase is "Witches treat...without the r." That word, so far as I know, isn't considered vulgar by anyone I am aware of, but I am being cautious so the ban hammer doesn't fall. Would that word be an acceptable alternative?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  10. Heavy Isotope Jedi Master

star 3
    I use star wars slang words as euphemisms, they aren't inherently offensive and sometimes seen a bit humorous. So its a bit of comic relief while conveying the intention.
  11. Bardan_Jusik Mand'alor - Manager of the EUC, SWC and Spinoffs

Manager
    star 9
    If it's not on the list of disallowed words then it would be fine.

[IMG]
  12. Sith-I-5 Force Ghost

star 5
    I could not find the Disavowed List...oh wait, that's Mission Impossible.

I couldn't find the Disallowed Word List either. I recall it used to be at the front of the Fan Fic board, but I cannot see it now.
  13. Bardan_Jusik Mand'alor - Manager of the EUC, SWC and Spinoffs

Manager
    star 9
    Disallowed words list. It's up above under the Rules of the JC tab at the top of the page. There is a menu off to the left that leads to it. Or you can just follow the link I provided. :p

[IMG]
  14. Sith-I-5 Force Ghost

star 5
    I spent ten minutes searching through Fan Fic looking for that, and it was at the top of my screen all the time.

Thanks Bardan.

I have a mod question for you, re. a member, or two members. Are Wildwookie and wildwookie (small starting letter) the same person, or two separate people?

I think a board spellcheck is knocking my big W's down to small ones, when I tag, and I could be sending serial alerts to the wrong person.
    Last edited by Sith-I-5, May 31, 2014
  15. Bardan_Jusik Mand'alor - Manager of the EUC, SWC and Spinoffs

Manager
    star 9
    Just looking at it the wildwookie (small w) has just one e at the end whereas our Wildwookiee has it spelled correctly. :p

[IMG]
  16. Sith-I-5 Force Ghost

star 5
    Ah-ha, never noticed that. Thank you!
    Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  17. Wildwookiee Force Ghost

star 4
    A battle I've fought for over a decade. Thank you for recognizing my struggle.

On the topic, we could use the word teat, it is perfectly acceptable and not on the disallowed list. Plus it is more correct.

18. Sith-I-5 Force Ghost

star 5
    @Wildwookiee.

Good post.

I would rather this stuff get unloaded aboard our interdictor, the Delicate Delinquent, which is a controlled environment, but Bravo had Priest land on the ice planet, so my hands are sort of tied.
  19. Wildwookiee Force Ghost

star 4

Yeah, we'll have to see what happens when Johnny shows up

20. Bardan_Jusik Mand'alor - Manager of the EUC, SWC and Spinoffs

Manager
    star 9
    Joint post for the end of the Dep S saga is up. I have a Taab/Atin post set in the current time frame ready to go and will post it later today.

[IMG]
    Bravo likes this.
  21. Heavy Isotope Jedi Master

star 3
    Same goes for a Masha and Elizabeth post. :)
    Bravo and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  22. Bravo Force Ghost

star 6
    @Bardan_Jusik, what happened with the boards last night? I was writing up a post around 10pm when I went to use the link button to hyperlink in a article from Wookieepedia when 10 different sever errors all appeared at once...then the boards crashed completely a few minutes later.
  23. Bardan_Jusik Mand'alor - Manager of the EUC, SWC and Spinoffs

Manager
    star 9
    Copying this over from the technical questions thread in comms.

I was lucky because I had just formatted and finished sending the final version of our joint post to Skywalker and Heavy Isotope via PM just minutes before the problems started.

[IMG]
    Bravo likes this.
  24. Bravo Force Ghost

star 6
    I need to read that thread more often. I keep forgetting about it. :p

@Sith-I-5 and @Wildwookiee, tags are up! @Vehn, I'm getting your reply typed up now! :)
    Last edited by Bravo, Jun 1, 2014
  25. Sith-I-5 Force Ghost

star 5
    The Boards were down this morning, UK time, which on my last day of home internet for two weeks, was a bit concerning.
Moderators: Penguinator, Ramza