main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Rocketjock Eatery (A Star Wars: Intervention OOC/OOG discussion thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Bravo, Apr 5, 2011.

1. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    I understand that all too well!

2. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    *Reads content of HRI secret order, wondering why it didn't go to Perez*

Wait...what?

Bravo likes this.
  3. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    I have my reasons Sith...all to be explained...yes...all to be explain... [evil_laugh] *chokes on cookie* :p

Mitth_Fisto and Heavy Isotope like this.
  4. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    Bravo Approved

Name: Dagnir Dolin (Bane of Secrets) is the name he goes by. Also known to some as "Supplier".
    Species: Human.
    Home World: Topwara.
    Affiliation: Fringe (as at present).
    Personality
    ---Traits: Loner,
    ---Likes: Solitude aboard his ship. Information and collection of same.
    ---Dislikes: Crowds.
    ---Habits: Reading, especially old texts. Investigating Clone Wars, and previous, battle sites.
    Appearance
    ---Skin Color: Fair.
    ---Hair Color: Dark.
    ---Eye Color: Deep Blue.
    ---Clothing: Pilot's Jumpsuits in selection of colours.
    ---Other Attributes: Height 5' 10"
    ---Other Details:
    Weapons: E-11 Blaster Rifle, DL-44 Heavy Blaster Pistol
    Skills (NEW!!!)
    ---Primary Skill: [This is something (one skill) you specialize (master) in very well and is a unique skill set to your character. I.e. starfighter pilot, soldier, doctor, mechanic, etc.] Freighter Pilot.
    ---Secondary Skill: [This is something (one skill) you are good at; its not your specialty and not something you have mastered, but it something you are good at. I.e. see above]. Locating/neutralising booby-traps.
    ---Life Experience: [This is a few things (up to three) you have knowledge of or general working knowledge of, usually gained through either education or life experience. You are not "good" at these skills, but are okay or at the very least workable with them when the need arises.] Slicing, Negotiating with Clients. Interaction with 'Fringe' types.
    Education (NEW!!!)
    ---General Education: [Your general education; high school, college, etc.] School of Life
    ---Specialized Education: [Did you get special training from the military or a technicial school at a particular craft or skill? Military Officer's School, Academies, Top Secret Agent training, etc.] No.
    Flaws / Limitations (NEW!!!)
    ----Physical: [Describe a physical limitation or weakness your character has. Is your species generally weaker then most other species and do they have to rely on technology to survive in a increasingly physical world? Do they have a leg, arm, or hand missing that hasn't been replaced by a clone body part or a robotic replacement?] None.
    ----Mental: [Did your character sustain a brain injury and have memory loss or a loss of certain brain function? Is your character unable to read and or write? Is your character a drop-out from high school and may lack certain knowledge of the greater galaxy and the workings therein? ] Ship-schooled by Freighter Captain. Knows nothing about, not interested in, High Galactic Politics; but thinks the Empire and the New Order heavy handed.
    ---Emotional: [Is your character haunted by the loss of a family member? A romantic relationship? A traumatic event? What could "trigger" a emotionally unstable character in a situation?] Witnessed the Jedi he was due to meet for assessment/transfer to Jedi Temple shot down by Clone Troops due to Order 66.
    ---General: [Is your character not the best hand-to-hand fighter? Not good at shooting? Does our character have a weakness when in close contact to certain objects and or people?] Avoids hand-to-hand combat like the plague.
    ---Character Critical Failure: [What is one thing that can hurt your character? The inability to see in the dark or in the light? The inability to breathe oxygen? Is it the inability to swim? The inability to run? What is one thing that would cause your character to "fail" in ANY situation? What is your character's kryptonite?] Unable to swim.
    Starship
    ---Name: Grey Pilgrim.
    ---Class: Deepwater Class Light Freighter.
    ---Speed: Stock.
    ---Hull Rating: [Strength of hull] Stock.
    ---Shields: Stock.
    ---Ejection System: 1x Escape Pod (Starboard), 1x Collection And Retrieval Module (CARM) - (Port)
    ---Life Support: Stock.
    ---Hyperdrive Class: 2.0 / 15
    ---Weapon(s): 2x Heavy Blaster Cannon in standard turret.
    ---Crew: 1x (Organic), 1x R2 Astromech (Co-Pilot), 1x R5 Astromech (Sensors and Security Control).
    ---Passenger(s): 6x Droideka for local security when exploring old bases/ships.
    ---Max Cargo (kg): 80,000.
    ---Interior Description: Standard.
    ---Other Details: Ship deliberatly painted-up to look very dilapidated. CARM is a space-only runabout for going places where the 'Pilgrim' would be too much at risk; Port Escape Pod bay has been modified to allow the CARM to dock there until needed, the Pod itself having been deleted. 2x Droideka travel on, and deploy from, each of the Cargo Lifts, the other pair being carried in former passenger cabins, deploying down the main boarding ramp when needed.
    The Force
    ---Sensitivity: Not known but suspected.
    ---Religion: N/A
    ---Lightsaber
    -----Crystal(s): N/A
    -----Blade(s): N/A
    -----Color(s): N/A
    -----Handle Description(s): N/A
    ---Force Abilities: Not known.
    ---Force Weakness: Not known.
    ---Other Force Object(s): None
    Biography
    ---Personal History: 'Dagnir' was born to a Topwaran woman who'd 'followed the Jedi' and called herself a Ranger. She died shortly after giving birth to him. He was cared for for a short time by a Firrerreo who taught him that true names needed to be kept secret, so he adopted 'Dagnir Dolin' as his public name. Over time, he has forgotten the true name his mother gave him, if indeed he ever really knew it.

He was given a Midichlorian scan as a toddler, the readings being sent to the Jedi Temple on Coruscant. It took longer than normal for a reply to come back, due to the War, but arrangements were eventually made for him to meet with a Jedi for a more detailed scan and possible transfer to the Temple, however that being was shot down in front of him before they actually met each other. Neverless, the authorities decided that he should leave Topwara for his own safety, in case Jedi Hunters came looking.

'Dagnir' and the elderly Freighter Pilot who was asked to look after, and educate, him kept on the move for the next ten years, running legitimate (or borderline legitimate) cargo. 'Dagnir' showed that he was a natural pilot from the time he could properly see over the console and learned other essential skills from the old man, skills that he would need to survive in the rougher parts of the Outer Rim.

During this apprenticeship, 'Dagnir' puzzled out (from rumour more than hard information) the location of several old CIS Supply Dumps and/or lost and forgotten ships and began pilfering them for fuel; which helped make ends meet.

After the old man died (of natural causes) 'Dagnir' went into business selling some of the contents to Museums. At least, that's what the byte-work said on the sale agreements; if the new owners wanted to use the things for other than display purposes, that was hardly anyone's concern but the clients'!

---Military History: None.
    ---Traumatic Experiences: See 'Emotional Flaw' above.

Bravo likes this.
  5. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Welcome Tim Battershell! :cool: Just so you know, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday are our "slow" days. Usually you see reduced post counts both In-Character and Out-of-Character (i.e. the Rocketjock). So don't ever feel "alarmed" if we're not around. Half the time, we're online reading, just not posting anything.

Okay everyone, I started my double college classes on top of 56 hour work weeks. Yay... :( :p With that said, I have an IDEA! [face_idea]I already have in place dedicated homework days and dedicated Intervention days (unlike last summer). One class looks to be easy, while the second class (go figure) is the hard one. I should be modestly online this week with some playing around with the homework schedule next week. I do have 3 papers due this weekend, but none of them look terribly hard. Just means you may see me on at odd times. But don't worry, I'm not disappearing (like last summer...gosh, last summer was a hard one! :p )

With all that said (like someone is saying shut up already!!!---I'm looking at you Jusik! [face_shame_on_you] :p), we have a few things going on Staff wise most of you probably already know about, but here's the official announcement:

• Mitth_Fisto: Mitth, our long tenured Assistant Game Master, will be gone on a trek through the USA for at least the better part of June it seems like. As is game policy, we as staff will avoid using his character(s) at all if possible and only use them as necessary, placing them on Limbo effectively until Mitth returns. With that said, if you had any on-going game conversations OOG with Mitth that need immediate approval and or answers, please forward your questions to me and I will make any necessary decisions unto the situation.
    • Sith-I-5: Sith, our Co-Game Master (Executive Officer) will be gone for some days at the beginning of June. While I'm sure he'll find time to check-in on us, please try to refrain from sending Sith any game questions while he enjoys some time off. Please send any questions to me to be dealt with.
    • Greyjedi125: Grey is our Honorary GM and former (original) Co-Game Master of our first game, Intervention. greyjedi125 powers as Game Master have been fully reinstalled until both Mitth and Sith can return to their respected posts.

With all of that said, please note the following:

• Bardan_Jusik: Bardan_Jusik will, in effect, retain his role as he is equal with Mitth as an Assistant Game Master; assume nothing has changed on Jusik's front other then his normal duties.
    • Greyjedi125: Grey will assume Mitth's role until such a time that Mitth can return to the game fully active.
    • Bravo: I will be assuming both my own post as Game Master and Sith's post as Co-Game Master until such a time that Sith can return fully active from his time off. Please direct any PMs, etc, to me that are intended for Sith regarding any IC information. I will do my best to be in contact with Sith as much as I can to ensure i cover his post the best I can.

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  6. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012
    Thanks for all the info. Bravo

To let all here know, the last set of updates I installed for Windows seem to have knocked out my 'reply' button, also the autocomplete-username system. Hopefully that will be corrected ere long by a further update, but please bear with me for now!

7. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    Wait....what have you done!? I've been sober for so long! I haven't had a drop of 'emergency GM powers' in......AAAUUUUGHHHH!!!![face_hypnotized]8-}[face_sick]]-}[face_skull]

*just kidding* I am honored and shall rise to the occasion until that time in which Mitth is ready to resume his post. [face_peace]

EDIT: Btw, I have grown to despise auto-correct. It switches out words you wish for those you don't want, though spelled correctly, and makes your post look like they were written by a nincompoop! Whoever invented auto-correct needs to be deleted! >.<

8. Wildwookiee

Wildwookiee Jedi Master star 4

Apr 14, 2001
    Bravo- do you want me to respond at this point. I was waiting for sith since it seemed that he needed to address the tag first. Please advise.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

9. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    The Eagle Has Landed.

Hi All, and @Tim Battershell??!! You have finally joined us! :D WELCOME!!.

Okay, I have internet access, which despite being at an "all inclusive" hotel resort, I have to pay for internet access. :(. So I expect my access to be limited over these two weeks, probably an hour at a time.

Bravo, awesome job with my Bridge crew, and I learned, watching you maintaining the Imperial cover story with them. Nice job.

Tim, nice throwback to the Intervention event where the DD was captured.

Be advised that several Imperial ships were lost around the same time in mysterious circumstances, including the Nebulon-B Time Slip. An interdictor wasn't the Empire's only loss.

I'm intrigued to see how this interchange between Bravo running the DD, and the Pilgrim, goes.

10. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012
    Sith-I-5 Thanks! Have a really happy and relaxing holiday!:)

Bravo, please don't respond to my latest tag until you're good and ready! I just like to answer tags asap, so they're fresh in my mind!

11. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
  12. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    I will be getting replies up here ASAP. Give me just a few minutes to wind down after work and homework.

13. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Wildwookiee, I will be getting a post up for Perez for you tonight.

14. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    I'll get a Sunri post up tomorrow. Was busy getting medication for this kriffing cough today.

Mitth_Fisto and Bravo like this.
  15. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Hang in there T-65! :)

16. Wildwookiee

Wildwookiee Jedi Master star 4

Apr 14, 2001
    So I was reading when I first joined the game. I thought that I had given Pesh the Pierce nickname I used in WOTG so many years ago. Apparently I named him priest as well. Go figure. I'm retconning, if that's ok, everything back in 2010 to mean 'Pierce' instead of Priest. So this new char is Priest, as has been for the past few weeks. Also I have mentioned Jason Lasso, when the real character I dealt with was Rick Taller, during the capture of the OG Home and assault on Desert planet 22.5A. So let's pretend I've said Rick Taller instead. Lastly, I would like to break out an other character I had in cold storage:

Angerona Starrunner

Species: Human

Homeworld: Corellia

Affiliation Neutral

Appearance:
    ---Skin Color- Olive, fair (Asian appearance.)
    ---Eye Color- White
    ---Hair- Raven Black with blue tint, short cropped

Weapons: One of the disciplines that Angerona?s father required her to learn was hand to hand combat. She has mastered Teras Kasi and fights primarily with a pair of Sith Tremor Swords. She also has a rare Sith lanvarok attached to her left wrist. These weapons, though rare, were fodder for collectors throughout Corellia; her Father had assembled the cache of Sith weapons because of their value.

Though Angerona was born on Corellia Her family spent very little time there. Her father commanded a small transportation firm that specialized in agriculture and biotic shipment. Her Father was strict, though she never attended school, she was required to master the disciplines that he set for her. She became adept at languages, economics, and biological and horticultural science as her father groomed her to take his place. By the age of 16 she accompanied him on negotiation trips and often helped prepare dossiers detailing the behind the scenes information that would help her Father know how to deal with intra-species business.

With the rise of the Empire and the xenophobia that followed, it placed this type of brokerage into a tenuous position. While dealing with an Colicoid over a stockpile of clone wars era mothballed tech, he fell victim to a miscommunication and was torn limb from limb in the frenzy that followed.

After the incident, Her father?s business partners, in an underhanded move, wrested control from her family and forced her out of her position stating that she was ?too young? at 18 to effectively manage the company. Searching for meaning, she enlisted in the Imperial Navy, where her acumen for languages and understanding of cultures and customs was invaluable for peace keeping missions in the outer rim colonies.

While performing her duties, orders came down to transfer her to a special project the Emperor had established: The Babel project, which attempted to use bio-implants to store information inside the human brain had been unsuccessful; however in her testing her ability for quick recall and her already disciplined brain made her a candidate. They implanted a chip which contained a vast knowledge of all known non-human intelligent species, including many languages; in an attempt to render the need for a protocol droid obsolete.

It worked?partially.

The problem became quickly apparent. While she was able to access the database, the database also accessed her. She took on the persona of the species that she was accessing, literally rewiring her brain to that of the species. This proved to be an unfortunate side effect, as one test had her attempt to access her file on Shistavanens. The heightened predatory instinct proved too powerful for her and she murdered the six lab technicians that were working with her. Seemingly proven too difficult to control, the project was scrapped and her memory was wiped; however the chip remained implanted. She was rotated into the infantry, however circumstances lead to her being tested in starfighter combat where she proved adept.

She was transferred to the Death Rattle and soon found herself under the command of Niklavi Pesh "Pierce". He noticed her adept flying abilities; but also soon began to notice erratic behavior when dealing with non-human species or subjects. Through meditation and training she began to be able to control her flashes, however prolonged exposure began to eat away at her resistance; making it harder and harder for her to be herself.

The Force (None)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mitth_Fisto and Bravo like this.
  17. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Barring unforeseen circumstances I'll have responses for both Taab and Atin posted tomorrow. I should also have the roster set up by Saturday evening as well.

[​IMG]

Sith-I-5, Bravo and Mitth_Fisto like this.
  18. Heavy Isotope

Heavy Isotope Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 10, 2013
    Roster?

I'm trying to get a post up before work. No promises, my sleep schedule has been messed up lately.

19. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Yeah been working off and on regarding updating the official squadron roster. I like to do it when I have an uninterrupted blocks of time to devote to it so I don't shab it up. Should be good to go soon.

[​IMG]

20. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Sounds good. Also, I have never watched the show that song comes from, but came across the lyrics and thought they fit.

21. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Unforeseen circumstance: I think Taab, as security chief, should get a report or complaint from that Twi'lek woman whom Dude (Lasso's astromech) nicked the clothes off, and left nekkid in the hangar deck.

I can't believe she would not raise at least raise the issue to someone...Mmm, I suppose someone could npc her creeping round the ship carrying out her own investigations...

Bravo, what did the little fella do with her clothes after his dance number?

Bravo likes this.
  22. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    [face_dunno]Probably left them where she could find them...privately, 'cause if Lasso found them, we'd have some problems. :p

23. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Another dance number?

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  24. Intervention

Intervention Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 1, 2012
    Oh yea. :p

25. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    Aaaannnddd...things came up. I'm blocking out time tomorrow though, so barring anything coming up I'll finally get a post up.

Hopefully :p

Mitth_Fisto and Intervention like this.