main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Rocketjock Eatery (A Star Wars: Intervention OOC/OOG discussion thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Bravo, Apr 5, 2011.

1. Intervention

Intervention Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 1, 2012
    Sith-I-5, there is a OOG tag for you in the game thread from me. The system didn't tag it over correctly for some reason.

Most likely I will not have internet access again until Sunday when I get back in town from visiting my dad. As usual, you all know the routine for staff: Sith in charge, Jusik has assistant with Mitth and Grey filling in where needed on staff.

If anyone has any friends or knows of anyone wanting to join a role playing game, we're in a perfect position to take new players! :cool: Get the word out! :)

2. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    Hey looking to join have been for a while the one thing that stops me is the Character Critical Failure in the Limitations section of the Character Sheet. What counts, the character I have in my head gets motion sick in starfighters and wears heavy armor on the ground so in deep water it's easy for him to drown is this ok?

3. Heavy Isotope

Heavy Isotope Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 10, 2013
    I'm sure the GM's could answer better than I but that could be accurate. Any physical limitations, mental limitations, it's about how your character is, because no one is without flaws. For example mine isn't very good in ground combat because shes a career pilot. Mental being things like anxiety, anger, depression, and so on.

4. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Mine is a genetic defect ostracized by his own society and is a functioning drunk with usually apparent withdrawal symptoms during his shifts ;) So it can be something like motion sickness. Although a better clarity would be helpful such as an example of how debilitating it is, whether motion sickness drugs work, otherwise I am sure we (GM and assistant GM's) would love to see what you have in mind ;)

5. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    galactic-vagabond422, the motion sickness sounds closest to what we would need, but as Mitth says, a bit more clarity. Not really a Character Critical if it can be handled with copper bracelets, and the character is good to go.

My mains cannot remember code words and call signs to save his life, which in a code-heavy group like the Mercs, could be trouble. Also, some spells can fail or backfire.

6. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    Working on Character Sheet now should should clarify somethings I hope.

7. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    All caught up on reading posts. I'll get to tags tomorrow night. Wow...lots going on! Hehehe. ( Happy belated Birth Day, Bravo! ) :)

8. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    *double post* apologies.

Welcome to Intervention, @galactic-vagabond422. Hope you enjoy your stay. [face_peace]

9. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    Second that, galactic-vagabond422, hope our characters meet before too long - they have traits, weapons' preferences and training in common! :)

10. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Welcome Vagabond, Owen should be a great addition to the Mercs.

[​IMG]

11. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    Thank you all for the nice welcome. Tim Battershell I looked for your Character sheet in the game thread and couldn't find it, could you point me to where it is so I can take a look at it.

12. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012
  13. Heavy Isotope

Oct 10, 2013
    Welcome welcome. :)

14. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012
    Very interesting - and great cliff-hanger - Bravo!

15. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    First, welcome! :) Second, I'm slowly updating the QR, so character sheets and so forth. CS's typically get lost in my mountain of "to do" in the QR until I read something like that, then it reminds me of them! :p

16. Intervention

Oct 1, 2012
    Internet is in and out at my place. Trying to get a post up, but the internet connection is not allowing it. Sorry all. I will try again tomorrow after work.

17. Intervention

Oct 1, 2012
  18. Intervention

Oct 1, 2012
  19. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Should have a post up tomorrow! Sorry for the hold up.

Bravo likes this.
  20. Heavy Isotope

Oct 10, 2013
    Hey guys, looks like I won't be able to post til Sunday night or monday afternoon. Sorry :(

Bravo likes this.
  21. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Hey all, I wanted to apologize for my MIA last night. Long story short, it was epic chaos meltdown at work on Thursday night into Friday morning at my full-time job. It was very, very weird.

I've been reading through the Book of Acts, lead by the Holy Spirit, and to say the least my soul has been stirring with the Scriptures. But so has, it seems, Satan's desire to take me out. The only thing I can say to the last two days is this,

It's been very stressful, but I understand the reasons. I read through Acts 18 and 19 today (been roughly 2 chapters a day), in case anyone is wondering.

I am off to homework right now (since I have to play catch up from last night, since I didn't get much done after going to bed early). I will be back online later tonight.

greyjedi125 likes this.
  22. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Bardan_Jusik, I am waiting on Mitth_Fisto to post before I continue our bacta hauler wreck story. Mitth, if you want me to post, just let me know! :)

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  23. Intervention

Oct 1, 2012
    I am getting a post up for Ace now. It's a post I had to delay for various reasons, mostly because of timing. Ace is, oddly enough, one of my favorite NPCs.

greyjedi125 likes this.
  24. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Ephesians chapter 6. I live that everyday brother. As far as work and all the 'intrigue'; HIS GRACE is sufficient. As you have experienced for yourself, HE always makes a way. God Bless.

25. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Hey guys, sorry for not getting online last night. After 3 hours of sleep the night prior, 10 hour work day, and then church, by the time I got home, I was wiped out and went to bed. I'm catching up on homework from last night (2 college papers), then I have a belated birthday dinner to go to afternoon/night to. After all that is done, I will be online. Sorry for the delay.