main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Rocketjock Eatery (A Star Wars: Intervention OOC/OOG discussion thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Bravo, Apr 5, 2011.

1. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    @Uriel Manteroni. Are you familiar with Hybrid Theory and Meteora? I really enjoyed those two albums. Their newer stuff is not bad.
    Also, what are your plans for your character?

Tim Battershell likes this.
  2. Uriel Manteroni

Uriel Manteroni Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 24, 2014
    Hello greyjedi125

I loved Linkin Park!! I have every albums!! I went a show them in Rock in Rio.

But I agree with you, Hunting Party it is medium...

Well, Uriel has a life story marked by betrayal and one dive into the dark world of crime.

Basically, he wanted to return to have the power of an Admiral ... this is the psychological background of their follies...

Uriel fought in the Unknown Regions for 10 years, before Clone War and he had contact with many ruins and artifacts of Rakatas and Celestials. And he found in the ancient writings of the ruins that you can go back in time.

Since then, Uriel desperately seeking the elements and means for this, as the ultimate goal of this old man who lost glory (Uriel) is to take revenge on those who destroyed his life. Uriel want to go back in time to kill these enemies before they have action ...

In this sense, Uriel has Stelar Map of The Maw, which is the path to the past, Celestial technology ...

Basically that's it.

Uriel

greyjedi125 and Tim Battershell like this.
  3. Uriel Manteroni

Sep 24, 2014
    Hello Laine_Snowtrekker ,

Uallll!

You nailed the soul of Uriel!

I loved Herman Melville. And the intimate fight of Uriel is precisely the conflict between free will, moral responsibility and conflict of power presented in the book Bartleby, the Scrivener.

Basically Uriel oscillates between the power lost as former Admiral, between moral to fight against injustice and his iron will to decide which your path ...

All this washed down the immense hatred that he has of the traitors who destroyed his life.

Congratulations! You have a very great intellectual sensibility!

Who knows, in this RP, Uriel and Evalynne still make a philosophical dialogue based in Melville's thinking!

Uriel

4. Laine_Snowtrekker

Laine_Snowtrekker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 8, 2003
    Yeah, I once deduced a character's arc from a single line in a post. Like, I figured out where the player was going with the character and they hadn't shared any of their plans with me. Probably that's an effect of all the fiction-reading, television-and-movie-watching, and writing I've done. (Oh, and the bachelor's in English. That might have something to do with it.)

That's not what I did here, not purposely anyway; I just thought 'I'd prefer not to' fit so well with what Uriel's been doing.

But thanks for the compliment, though.

Bravo and Sith-I-5 like this.
  5. Heavy Isotope

Heavy Isotope Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 10, 2013
    Finals week is upon me guys. Ahhh! >.< I'm still at work right now I'll try to post up but I do have work tomorrow early in the morning so I might go straight to bed. :(

Bravo likes this.
  6. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    @Laine_Snowtrekker. Now I'm curious if you could predict things about the Mercs/ Player characters, just by what they've posted. I'm not expecting 100% accuracy, but I am curious as to how close you'd be. Hmmm....[face_thinking]

@Uriel Manteroni. Since you posted that song, I've been in the mood to revisit their old albums.[face_dancing]
    Thanks for the background story on your character. It's rather complicated as it involves Time Travel, which is something seldom explored in the Star Wars Galaxy. Couldn't he find some peace and contentment in the 'here and now'? (Just wondering). Otherwise, good luck with all the chrono-spatial dilations and all that stuff. LOL!! I'll enjoy reading about it. [face_peace]

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  7. Uriel Manteroni

Sep 24, 2014
    Hello @greyjedi125 ,

Yes, I know it's rare ... but it is a curious thing to me this situation in SW. Because the principle of travel in hyperspace is the same. We're talking to transpose dimensions. The only difference is that for travel in time , the dimension is THE time. In this case, we need to bend space-time with the mass factor, while for a jump on the hyperspace is necessary only factor energy.

I never understood this limitation in SW narratives. Mainly because time is a metric (Einstein, 1902). Then it can be "easily walk" in him.

Of course there are million paradoxes it ... but is this grace in a fiction is not it?

As the paradigm of chrono-spatial dilations, there are millions of really cool paradoxes ... Have you heard about the Superstring theory?

Uriel

P.S .: I am physicist, specializing in cosmology.

8. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    Have you read 'Crosscurrent' by Paul S Kemp, Uriel Manteroni? That book touches on time-travel through a hyperdrive failure - but its not in the direction your character wants to go.

greyjedi125 likes this.
  9. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Hello @Uriel Manteroni,

I am both familiar with the theory of relativity and have read on the superstring theory as well ( which reminds me, I have to go see Interstellar ). I am an artist, but have always been fascinated by science, it makes my faith stronger. :p

As you pointed out, there is a certain 'grace' to these 'sciences' in the SW Universe ( unlike Star Trek ). In SW these are more story-telling devices and less teaching tools or applied physics. A whole lot would be different if that was the case, and to be honest, I enjoy the allowances for the sake of good story-telling. There was an article going around citing how the skywalker twins would no longer be the same age due to hyperspace travel. It was quite fascinating to read, but ultimately 'not star wars' at heart.

I tip my hat to you, my friend. As a man who has studied our world and universe in order to learn how it all really works,( how newtonian of you :p ), it is my hope that its inherent architecture ( and architect ) also go appreciated.

After all, what came first? The space shuttle or the shuttle designer? :p

[face_dancing]

P.S. Have you seen the movie Pi [1998] *( as in 3.14159 )

10. Laine_Snowtrekker

Laine_Snowtrekker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 8, 2003
    greyjedi125: Maybe? But I don't necessarily know the characters well enough and/or my character hasn't really interacted with them often. Like, a page or so back on this thread I made a guess (via PM) to Bravo and I was mostly right, but that's because I know Jim Palso of old. I don't know Lasso well yet. I'm just fascinated by stories and how they work, so when I see little details, little clues, I tuck that away and it all builds until I make a guess.

But, if you'd like, if I have guesses while we play, I can try to remember to mention them. :)

11. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
  12. Heavy Isotope

Heavy Isotope Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 10, 2013
    Working on a post now, I'm welcome to any character interactions and responses once it's up. Semester is over and new chapter is happenin! So excited! Thank you so much everyone for bearing with me, this has been a challenging few months but I knew I could do it. I just had to forgo some of the things I love doing to get by. (Writing for this RP is a big example.) So cheers to all, let's have some coffee. And cookies.

13. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    A Dangerous Game: Chair Hunting FTW!!![face_laugh]

Bravo and Tim Battershell like this.
  14. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    A Game of Thrones?

15. Uriel Manteroni

Sep 24, 2014
    Hello Tim Battershell ,

No, I do not know this book 'Crosscurrent' by Paul S Kem. What is plot?

16. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012
  17. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Uriel Manteroni, you know that you can link music directly into your IC post and don't have to list it OOG all the time, right?

18. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    [face_rofl]

19. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Uriel is taking a break from the game, due to RL.

20. Intervention

Intervention Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 1, 2012
    :( Understood.

21. Intervention

Intervention Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 1, 2012
    I have to say, "Animal," our Stormtrooper NPC, is one of my favorite side storylines I have ever done. The direction its going...drool. And the revelations it has for the rest of the game...drool. And everything else...drool.

22. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    *Gets a mop and bucket whilst bebopping to his own tunes*

:D

Sent from a Kewonkian Lizard Monkey's TARDIS

23. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012
    Episode V - The Chair Strikes Back? [face_devil]

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  24. Laine_Snowtrekker