main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Rocketjock Eatery (A Star Wars: Intervention OOC/OOG discussion thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Bravo, Apr 5, 2011.

1. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    My encouragement was aimed IC at Evalynne; I was not chasing for a post.

2. Laine_Snowtrekker

Laine_Snowtrekker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 8, 2003
    Oh, I didn't think you were chasing for a post; I was already thinking on my own that I hadn't posted in a while. That's my mistake. Sorry.

3. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    My wife is back from her short hospital stay so I will have my post in by early tomorrow afternoon.

[​IMG]

4. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Private Message sent.

5. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    So I do think Sith and I think way too much alike in some cases. He posted for Nick Skyland---which I was going to do tonight. The irony in that. :p

6. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    I was about to post asking if the kid was still with us when I saw Siths post. So there is that :p

Sent from a Kewonkian Lizard Monkey's TARDIS

7. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    I get to catch up on Star Wars Rebels. *Does happy dance*

8. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    *sighs before going back to reading Tarkin*

Some people have all the luck.

:p

9. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Amazon Instant Video. I had to get Amazon Prime for college last May...never found a use for it until today. $50 every 6 months for Amazon Prime and $2.99 an episode for Rebels. I don't have cable, so I'm glad Disney had this option available. You may want to look into it, Mitth.

10. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Nope. Need to work and pad the coffers/bumpers. Taxes will soon be upon us.

Bravo likes this.
  11. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    I had a little bit of money hidden away for a little gift for myself. For less then $20 bucks for 8 episodes, I won't complain.

12. Master Selkath

Master Selkath Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 5, 2013
    I think Star Wars Rebels started off kind of meh but I think even for a Disney Show, it's better than I expected it to be. I was curious as to how they would make a really dark time in Star Wars lore as a kids show but they did a decent job so far. I watch them on the Xfinity App on my phone and they have the next episode on a day before it actually airs.

Bravo and greyjedi125 like this.
  13. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    That last post with Lasso and Taab. Loved it. Brilliant even. So many quotable lines too!! =D= ^:)^
    Those are the priceless posts I live and breathe for!! Bravisimo! Oh, and the score by Hans Zimmer ( Am I not merciful/ Gladiator ), not only is it one of my favorite pieces, it was PERFECT for the scene! I'm going back to read it all again. Can't thank you enough for that. :D

Bravo likes this.
  14. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    Oooh!! Followed by an equally brilliant Taab post!! Too magnificent for words!! 2 for 2!!!! ^:)^

Bravo likes this.
  15. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    For me on the phone, @Bardan_Jusik's embedding of the music in the post, meant I could have the music and read together.

Both great posts. Lasso has a sweeping conspiracy theory, fuelled by The Organisation (or is it?), while Taab is just, I'm getting my kid trained; dunno what the rest of you guys are on about.

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  16. Heavy Isotope

Heavy Isotope Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 10, 2013
    Hey guys, hectic weekend, but I have Monday off. I'll be reading up and replying then.

greyjedi125, Sith-I-5 and Bravo like this.
  17. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    http://www.colonialchrome.co.uk/Ships/Generic/G_SFS_Marauder.htm is no longer, at least right now. I was able to recover a few poorly zoomed in imagines off the internet, but nothing good. I have better pictures printed off---I just have to find them. If anyone has a idea of what happened, please let me know. As some of you know, Colonialchrome is the website that has the imagines for the Johnny Boy's layout.

18. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Ugh. Well that is rather unfortunate.

[​IMG]

19. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Yea. Maybe Sith-I-5 can dig something up on it. Its a UK web address (at least best I can guess), so maybe he has better access to the British side of the internet then we do in America. Like I said, I have those photos printed off somewhere---I just need to find them, scan them in, and then re-post them here. If not, the poor imagines I printed off today, I can probably make something work.

20. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    I saved all there deck layouts to my hard-drive a while ago, no premonition, just liking to see what I write about when doing routes etc. Can put them up to Photobucket and PM them over if required.

Edit: Definitely a UK site, also definitely down. My copies PM'd to Bravo

Mitth_Fisto, Bravo and Sith-I-5 like this.
  21. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Well done, Tim.

I noticed the images gone, earlier today. Didn't occur to me that the problem would be at ColonialChrome.

Last time I put pics on TFN that were on someone else's site (photos of a SW meetup), they somehow tracked me to the thread, and told me off for leaching their bandwidth. I always capture images I'm going to use now, and put them on my own photobucket.

I don't really know a process of finding out what happened to an individual's web site. S'pose I could Google it.

22. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    Could be they just decided not to renew the licence[face_dunno]

23. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    I already Googled it. No results.

24. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    If you use Google Images on "Colonial Chrome", it is still possible to get images which you can then download onto your PC, but I cannot find any safe site (as decided by my protection software) with news on the place.

Would that TFN thread you go to, to argue about ship stats, know anything?

25. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Not trying to sound like a conspiracy theorist here, but a few "Star Wars" websites have gone dark over the last year or so. Some have disappeared, others don't get updates anymore. I wonder if Disney is putting a tighter rein on things in terms of Licensing with the new movies, etc?

A former RPF Manager once told me years ago that LucasFilm and TFN always had a "understanding" but that understanding was more grace then anything else and could be pulled at any moment (case in point, if LucasFilm wanted to scream foul over "rights" to Star Wars, they could shut down anyone not willing to abide by their rules, like the 501st, Rebel Legion, etc.). That's actually why I enforce the copyright rule in both Intervention and now Echoes: despite the legal term "Free Use," that same RPF Manager (I believe it was the same one, it might of been another one) told me that legally speaking, if a member of Jedi Council Forms got sued by lets say 20th Century Fox for copyrighting material from the X-Men movies and posting it here on the boards, then technically TFN would be responsible as well. However, if the TFN enforces (case in point the Terms of Use of TFN) and the member was warned, then TFN is clear of any damages...I would assume. But its all a very thin line. "Free Use" only goes so far. A course, maybe all of this has changed now too with Disney piloting the ship. Maybe Bardan_Jusik or Penguinator or Ramza know the current status of Free Use and how that affects TFN in specific on the legal side of things in terms of copyright. All I know is that, as a GM, I cover my arse with the copyright rule in Echoes and hence, I hope, protect TFN.