main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Rocketjock Eatery (A Star Wars: Intervention OOC/OOG discussion thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Bravo, Apr 5, 2011.

1. Uriel Manteroni

Uriel Manteroni Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 24, 2014
    I'm having trouble with a new relativistic model for the event horizon of super-massive black holes ...

A ****, my new job ... I'm thinking of quitting ...

Oopss ... here at OCC can write **** ?!?!?:oops:

Uriel

2. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Nope, and I wouldn't rely on the auto filter to always catch it either. You can check the disallowed words list to see what other words are not appropriate to be used on the site. Note that the auto filter will (usually) only catch some of the words on that list.

[​IMG]

Uriel Manteroni likes this.
  3. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    For the sake of future employability, I recommend trying to stay in a job at least six months, regardless of if you hate it.

Here, the UK, it is considered to look better on your job history.

As for the relativistic model for a super-massive black hole, can't you just do a relatavistic model for bathwater going down a plughole, and add a sith load of zeroes to your calcs?

Thinking outside the box.

4. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    During the last two weeks of March, for work, I need to

• finish off a financial end-of-year spreadsheet;
    • somehow find the time to watch a two-plus hour online training and test for data protection, and freedom of information;
    • make up some stuff for my end-of-year personal development, final review BS;
    • take six days of annual leave entitlement off to keep from losing them;
    • I'm working with a crap computer system that is more buggy than that man made of bugs in an early Buffy the Vampire Slayer episode. Yesterday, I couldn't even try to look at email attachments without Outlook crashing, and having to be restarted.
    Seriously? None of this stuff could have been put in other months?

On the plus side, last night, I worked out a response for if someone says to me: "If you were an animal, what animal would you be?"

An egg-eating snake, for when I'm trying to get the first bite in, on a Burger King Whopper.

5. Uriel Manteroni

Sep 24, 2014
    Hello Sith-I-5,

You're right ...

I think I'll follow your advice ... but only up to 6 months, then I look for another job.

Uriel

6. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Good man. You can of course PM me to discuss what it is you hate about the job, get it off your chest. I will see it when I am next on.

And thank you for posting something. Bardan too.

Re. work, Thursday the 19th was my last day that I had to finish that spreadsheet, since I had booked the whole of the 20th off, came into work, and panicked when I could not open Excel for twenty minutes because I kept getting Excel 2010 cannot be launched because the Remote Viewing Server is busy. Other users should be able to log on. Try again in a few minutes.

Well, a) who the **** cares about other users?! I'm the one who needs Excel NOW, and any delay you cause me, Grrrr. Oh dammit, now look at me, you've got me doing Angel when he's vamped impressions.

And b) Remote Viewing Server, huh? I would at least understand if I was logging in from a remote location, eg. Death Valley; Dagobah, or home. But I am in the drokking office; how can I be affected by a Remote Viewing Server?

Got the spreadsheet completed, and sent out to three departments, so that's cool. Printed off a load of emails thanking me for various things over the last six months, for my PDP end-of-year final review thing.

In the old days, I could clip them all together, hand them to my manager or HR, and hope for the best. Now, I'm going to have to divide them up into how they represent our ICARE values. Of course, each letter means something:

Integrity

Collaboration

......Apple?

............Rabbit?? :)

Excellence

I hope to frag that no-one asks me what each one means. A couple of them I'm a bit dubious on.

In game terms, I have a couple of npcs at the Nazgul vs Strategic Command Army fire-fight back at Outpost Nowhere's ice hangar. When I'm done with Supreme Commander, if Echoes still is not back, I am toying with putting posts here, that can be pasted into the game later.

Corporal Loretta, a Kings Army guard; she has previous for sleeping through most of the Battle of the Whendyll System at the end of the last game, so I am going to have her inside her Gamma-class assault shuttle parked in the same hangar, feet up on the flight console, unaware of the battles going on outside her soundproof cabin, with Aurora Cradmoon deeper inside the base, trying not to get killed.

7. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Good news: I am hired!
    Bad news: Moving, no internet two weeks minimum.

Uriel Manteroni likes this.
  8. Uriel Manteroni

Sep 24, 2014
    Sith-I-5 my problem is supervisor of department!! He is a really Nazgul!! If it comforts you, I HATE "Remote Viewing Server" too! Mainly when you need to do heavy calculus !!

Mitth_Fisto Congratulations friend!!! What is side of Force of your supervisor (light or dark)?

9. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Looks like she will be light ;)

10. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    I hope everyone is doing well! :) I updated the Staff on my situation tonight. I will let them release the information as they see fit here in the RJ.

God Bless,

Jason

11. Laine_Snowtrekker

Laine_Snowtrekker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 8, 2003
    Hey Jason! I hope all is going well for you (or, at least, better than it was) and that our update will be good news!

This hiatus has actually helped me out because as soon as you called it, I got slammed at school with tons of work. I'm now in my last two weeks and am still super busy, but not nearly as slammed as I was.

You know what got me excited yesterday? The NEW TRAILER.

12. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Hi Laine, and everyone.

Hope everyone is well.

13. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    We have a preview for the next season of Star Wars Rebels as well. Given that it is set at about the same time frame as our game it looks like...

A-Wings and B-Wings might soon be available to us. I know Atin would love to get his hands on a B-Wing.

[​IMG]

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  14. Laine_Snowtrekker

Jul 8, 2003
    I haven't been able to see Star Wars Rebels yet--but that's the cartoon, right? It looked interesting.

15. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Yeah, and given the subject matter and the time frame the show is set, it compliments our game rather well. They even have their own Mando, though she isn't as cool as Taab and son. :p

[​IMG]

16. Laine_Snowtrekker

Jul 8, 2003
    Well, I guess it'll have to get moved up on the to-watch list.

17. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    But where would he park it?

18. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Where the Speedy Trial used to be parked. Which means something untoward would have to occur to the Trial. [face_devil]

[​IMG]

19. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    That or a few more of us switch to A-wings to make room ;)

Sent from a Kewonkian Lizard Monkey's TARDIS

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  20. Laine_Snowtrekker

Jul 8, 2003
    What do we technically fly right now? I'm still new enough that I haven't actually flown one, so...

21. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    X-Wings mostly . . . From a deal with the Rebels before it went south.

Sent from a Kewonkian Lizard Monkey's TARDIS

22. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    I knew we had X-Wings for the most part now. Didn't know that was how the Mercs acquired them.

:cool:

[​IMG]

23. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Yeah the Rebels made a deal with Vack's that included new ships to help the Merc's have an edge against the developing Imperial forces, they did this by letting us in on a shipment of seized X-wings and parts under light Imperial guard. We stole it and so have X-wings and spares now, as many the GM deems necessary, and connected to the black market for spare parts if need be. It was done this way so the Rebels wouldn't be linked to us getting the ships, and keep the relationship circumspect so that the Empire would not draw a straight line between Mercs and Rebels that would of voided us as legally allowed to operate Mercenaries. . .although with the rebel deal going south we lost the Rebel partnership, and were ousted with the Empire into our current predicament - this sidelines a lot of the red rock, red rock kingdom, Beasts, and other mission factors, but that is the marrow of the thing ;)

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  24. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Oh Taab is all about black market connections. :p

[​IMG]

25. Laine_Snowtrekker

Jul 8, 2003
    All this shop talk is making me want the game to start back up. Also, the stress of school is soon to be over, so I'll have more time!