main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Rocketjock Eatery (A Star Wars: Intervention OOC/OOG discussion thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Bravo, Apr 5, 2011.

1. Laine_Snowtrekker

Laine_Snowtrekker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 8, 2003
    Well, Evalynne already existed, but what she had done prior to a certain point was a mystery to me. So I suppose this is what I was doing. I merely thought it was neat to tie it in to a character I had already played while also fleshing out who Evalynne was.

Perhaps I should have read through the original Intervention thread a little more closely, but that's on me.

Tim Battershell likes this.
  2. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009

Thanks, I'd hate to admit this but, I wasn't really trying to get PTSD 'Right' I was just writing what felt ok for me. I'm glad I got close at least. We'll see where things go from here.

3. Uriel Manteroni

Uriel Manteroni Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 24, 2014
    Hey Friends,

What is PTSD??

Uriel

4. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    PTSD stands for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, a debilitating condition often associated with soldiers who have returned to civilian life but still re-live traumatic events from the battle theatre.

I've got my phone open on a PTSD self-test webpage (for Yanitoba), and Owen's actions are spot on.

5. Uriel Manteroni

Sep 24, 2014
    Ohh yeahh!

Well, Uriel solve yours PTSD with: drinks, women and money ...[face_devil]

Uriel​

6. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    I was going to add more to my last post, including Taab taking care of himself medically and whatnot but I'm strapped for time in the early part of the upcoming week and won't have time to until at least Wednesday. So for now I went with what I had and I'll get to the rest of what I was going to post later this week.

7. Uriel Manteroni

Sep 24, 2014
    Hello Friends,

I thought super beatiful and I decided to share with you, this is an artwork of a french artist Thierry Cohen, a form of reflection, he calls attention to our loss of the ability to observe the cosmos. In the series 'Villes éteintes" (" Cities darkened'), in which imagines world's largest cities under illuminated by stars heaven.

http://thierrycohen.com/pages/work/starlights.html#

I particularly liked of image 15 (Rio de Janeiro, Brazil) and the image 11 (San Francisco, USA).

I hope you enjoy.

http://www.vagalume.com.br/owl-city/shooting-star.html

Uriel

P.S .: Today I am so inspired !! I know that I will be FATHER! A girl !! I've got that feeling that mankind is worth, that happiness is possible, and love will win !!

8. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Congratulations, Uriel!

You will have to be less laissez faire about your jobs, once you bring a child into the world.

Uriel Manteroni likes this.
  9. Uriel Manteroni

Sep 24, 2014
    Hello Sith,

Thanks!!

Yeah!!! Everyone says that!

Uriel

10. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001

Err---I missed this Sith. Sorry! I'm jumping between the two best I can. Feel free to intervene on the Organization side as needed and I'll play off of that. You and I seem to bounce off of each other really well when we just go for a wild card like that.

11. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    So, heads up all! I will only be online tomorrow night (Tuesday) this week. :( The Mercenaries (the company I am Co-Owner in) has our first event this weekend! :D We're doing a full-on early 16th century mercenary campsite reenactment and are camping on site and in-character all weekend at the event site, on-top of selling our products, services, and doing a full-speed live steel blade sword duel in our first hobby sale (if all goes well, we'll be able to apply for a business license in 2016...so please be praying for us! [face_praying] ). We head up there Thursday night and stay until Sunday night/Monday morning. We start prepping Wednesday night and leave after work Thursday afternoon for the site and finish site preparations Thursday night/Friday morning.

I know this is awful timing---considering I just waxed my own character---but it was all in the storyline (Lasso's death, although not the original plan for Echoes). There's some personal choices behind Lasso's death that I will gladly share privately over PM, but to say the least, it was time to let that character go for many personal and professional GM reasons. I felt like I was stuck in a never-ending character flaw with Lasso that would define his character's legacy, regardless of what I tried. In short, the character in the character didn't want to change, but I wanted to. So I had to tell the character it was time to go.

Uriel Manteroni likes this.
  12. Laine_Snowtrekker

Jul 8, 2003
    I'll get a post up tomorrow.

Bardan_Jusik and Tim Battershell like this.
  13. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Hey all---I am back. I am catching up tonight/posting. :)

Until further storyline notice (hint, hint), I am switching my IC over to "He" (Tora Senshi).

14. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Bravo and players.

Great to see Taller with legs again!

Re. The Beasts, assuming that lifeform autopsy was one.

With all those redundant organs, it should be very difficult to take one down with a single blaster bolt or physical strike / impalement to the torso. Or if it does go down, sooner or later, as with the autopsy, an apparently dead Beast will revive.

The only positive display of Queens Guardsmen, defeating hordes of Beasts on the Planet of the Exiles in the last game, should not have been that "easy", unless the urgency to leave the planet was because the drokkers were going to revive enmasse in a matter of hours!

Bravo likes this.
  15. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    I have my next post for Taab and Atin just about ready to go. Just waiting on an answer to a question I PMed Bravo on the Intervention account earlier today. If I don't get an answer by tomorrow I'll go ahead and post what I have so I don't hold anyone up and then go from there.

Edit: Question answered (thanks Bravo!) and the post is in.

16. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Okay all, it's far from done, but its getting there. I just had enough with the Boards' problems with pictures, so I went ahead and started to dust off the work CPL_Macja started for us a few years ago. You can thank CPL for his hard work and attention to detail, because of that hard work, I was able to start to piece together the coding pattern he used and got the navigation bar up and running. You'll notice---and it'll be slowly integrated into them all---that the KOJ and Terran Federation have multipule drop-down menus.

Luckily, I'll be copying and pasting from the QR over to the off-site page, so this won't take as much time as the Library Thread or QR did. The hope is to have a updated Library-reference site here in the very near-future.

While its not completed yet (I still have to add in the hyper links, etc), here is the first almost-completed entry to our Rocketjock Eatery (off-site)...I'll have to figure out a name as to not get the two confused...

Liberty-class Assault Ship

17. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Bravo

Please don't delete the Aurora Cradmoon CS off the Wiki site. I still refer to it, fairly often. Although not a player character any more, I am still npc-ing her.

In fact, if you could copy her data to the QR npc page, I would be much obliged.

Very well written Liberty-class article. Looked like a labour of love.

Bravo likes this.
  18. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
  19. Laine_Snowtrekker

Jul 8, 2003
    Tim Battershell: Is this your weapon? If so, is it the blaster rifle version?

I just liked to have a picture of what it is I'm holding before writing it up.

20. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    Yes to both, Laine_Snowtrekker, although Aidan has both the Sniper attachment and the Grenade Launcher attachment with him as well.

Laine_Snowtrekker likes this.
  21. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Bardan_Jusik

[face_laugh] That is a good point; I actually did not think of that!

Also, everyone on the DD, I made an error with the number of decks.

It has twenty-one altogether, fourteen in the main hull, and seven in the Conning/Command Tower. That does not affect deck CT1, which is still the base of the tower, but it means the quad-laser deck off limits to non-command Mercs, will be Deck 14.

Mm. Of course, in-game, you've been told the wrong deck; if anyone decides to go to 14, let me know beforehand, so I can describe it beforehand.

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  22. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    I had to go back and look to make sure. :p

23. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002

Great trailer for the second season of Star Wars: Rebels. Features the same model of ship as the DD.

I quite like the lightsabre work; maybe I will start to look into these episodes. I wasn't attracted to the first season, despite you guys talking it up.

24. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Boards down / extremely slow. Haven't been able to log in for almost two days. This took me twenty minutes to just get here...

25. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    It's the new trailer that aired during yesterday's Monday Night Football game (also available online). Lots of folks logging in to talk about it. Things cleared up earlier today, but I guess more people are awake now and stretching the forum's ability past the breaking point. Should clear up eventually.

Bravo likes this.