main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Rocketjock Eatery (A Star Wars: Intervention OOC/OOG discussion thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Bravo, Apr 5, 2011.

1. Intervention

Intervention Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 1, 2012
    Sith-I-5, I am preparing a post to respond to the post on the DD involving The Organization Agent. I am in the process of creating the wiki back-story info for your reference, so I should have a post up by tomorrow night at the latest. I was hoping tonight...but got carried away with the wiki article & history for the Agents. Oops... [face_whistling]

2. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Cool. I thought I would have to do that one myself.

I had today earmarked to revert at, or start the approach to, Toola, but will delay a few days, give our protagonists more of a chance to get a result....or not.

3. Intervention

Oct 1, 2012
    I'm getting to tags Sith throughout the week. So...work has been busy "good" crazy (hence why no posting since Friday for me). So much so the owner is already thinking salary for me (and a pay increase already) even before we have opened. I'm doing that many varied and different jobs for her and she's been impressed. Call me a jack of all trades who's resume is finally being put to use...with no bachelor's degree. Just a bunch of experience in everything. Job titles (so far):
    • ECE Assistant Director
    • Marketing Director
    • Preschool Teacher
    • Training staff
    • hiring staff
    • Financial consultant (what we need to buy, what we don't need/wait on)
    • Communication point man with both FedEx and State of Colorado
    • Basic IT fix-it-man
    • Handy man
    And I've done parts of all of that in two days. I'm already looking at over 40 hours this week and we're not even to Wednesday's word day yet and I'm doing a marketing event for the company on Saturday.

And I'm bidding for another venue for The Mercenaries at the same time for early 2016, which is another round of paperwork, emails, etc after I get home from work to out-bid/out-market our competition to get the company off the ground.

Its been crazy fun and busy, but boy, am I tired.

Updates for the wiki...

Everyone, please let me know your thoughts on the Wiki. Sith mentioned the red bad links, which I'm in the process of fixing as I make new articles to fix those links (good links are in blue). Any other suggestions, concerns, etc?

Sith-I-5 likes this.
  4. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    So basically Agent Alpha is Wolverine without the claws.

5. Heavy Isotope

Heavy Isotope Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 10, 2013
    School's getting pretty busy right now, I'll get a post up in the next few days if I can but I need to be doing my final projects and studying for my exams. Work stuff is still getting me down too so I'll do what I can.

6. Intervention

Oct 1, 2012
    For the endurance piece, yes, but without the regeneration qualities.

7. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
  8. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Err, is King Alex still ticking because he has been rebuilt in a similar manner to Agent Alpha?

And good work on the Wiki. Clearly a labour of love.

Bravo , on the Wiki, the Operations Manager page has a hyperlink for a Regional Operations Manager (ROM), however, the destination page is for a Regional Operations Supervisor (ROS).

Is that deliberate, or is there a difference between ROS and ROMs?

I am prepping Organisation data for the Library Reference, which is infinitely easier for me to work with.

Intervention likes this.
  9. Heavy Isotope

Oct 10, 2013
    [face_nail_biting] I have a job interview on monday!!! [face_worried]

Intervention likes this.
  10. Intervention

Oct 1, 2012
    Yay! [face_party]

11. Intervention

Oct 1, 2012
    Err. I thought I caught that. I had changed it to ROS. I'll fix that, thanks for catching it.

And thanks for the comments, Sith. I'm trying to get that sense of background galaxy depth into Echoes that I felt Intervention didn't have.

12. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    Bravo - Nice little film, that! =D=

13. Uriel Manteroni

Uriel Manteroni Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 24, 2014
    Hello Sith-I-5 ,

Hey !! Whereas lights are not sensors ... Have I access to the lights?

Uriel

14. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Not as far as I know.

15. Laine_Snowtrekker

Laine_Snowtrekker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 8, 2003
    I can get a post up tomorrow.

Edit: I was wrong. Sorry all. I will get one up as soon as I can. I've just had chores get in the way.

16. Uriel Manteroni

Sep 24, 2014
    Hello,

OK!

Let's look at the Uriel's situation tactically!

1-Uriel fell in love with Natalie (which appear to be skilled with a knife and she is suspicious of the loyalty of Uriel ...);

2-At the same time Uriel flirted with Aurora which is the unofficial niece of Commander Yavscout (which obviously will not like to see his niece hurt by Uriel ...)

3-If this was not enough, the unofficial mom of Aurora (Loretta) will be part of combat group with Uriel and she was warned by Aidan that Uriel is a womanizer ...

4- Apparently Aurora, Loretta and Yavscout shoot very well ... and Natalie knows how to do painful surgeries ...

Hum hmmm ... I think Uriel's in trouble ... would certainly be better to him find the Beasts with your redundant vital organs!!

Uriel

P.S.: Hey Sith!!! When we get Space Station???? For the love of God!! Otherwise, I predict that Uriel will be slaughtered within the DD !!

17. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Well, remember, Uriel does not know all this.

As far as I remember, no-one apart from Yav and Loretta know that Aurora's support network is that close, although the two femmes are known to bunk together aboard that Theta-class AT-AT barge.

And so far, it has only been in Uriel's mind, helped along by Aidan, that Natalie might start waving a scalpel around out of jealousy.

Natalie at least had a drink with Uriel, as well a bit of mutual flirting; while he and Aurora basically exchanged information and contact details for about three minutes. Perhaps Laine_Snowtrekker and Heavy Isotope could clue me in on how hurt a gal would be after just three minutes of interaction?

Great posting everyone.

As for the space station, reversion at Toola, the staging area one star system short, is imminent. Once there, I expect it will take at least one or two posts for each protagonist to be on the way to Florn. We'll need to get everyone back to their ships, additional npcs joining Masha and Aidan, etc.

18. Laine_Snowtrekker

Laine_Snowtrekker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 8, 2003
    While I've never actually been in a similar situation, if Natalie and Uriel aren't exclusive (which appears to be the case), Uriel flirting and exchanging information with someone else isn't necessarily wrong. Like, upon finding out, I'd probably assume that he didn't really enjoy the drinks with me and was moving on though, so I would be surprised if he came back to me.

At least that's what I think I'd do. But I've (strangely enough) never been on a date, let alone in the aforementioned situation.

19. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Thank you, Laine.

So I think this is all in Uriel's head. I don't think Yav will be too fussed, as long as Uriel lets Cradmoon down gently.

Laine_Snowtrekker likes this.
  20. Uriel Manteroni

Sep 24, 2014
    Hello,

OK.

But you have to give me a discount ...[face_blush]

Because Uriel has some Latin American blood ... and Latin Americans are too emotional with love, passion, sex and etc ... [face_beatup]

Uriel

21. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    I'll be getting a post up tonight or Monday. Its been a very busy weekend.

22. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Okay-dokey.

Uriel, discount applied.

Edit: Had a multiple post in the works, and will have to re-write the Uriel / Dak element now.

Good posts, you three.

23. Heavy Isotope

Oct 10, 2013
    I don't know. I don't usually make the first move or let myself be lead on. I also have a S.O. so it's been a while since I've been rejected in that way. I guess it just depends on the person. It's hard for both parties involved, it's not fun to hurt someone's feelings and it's equally hurtful to be rejected. When I was young I used to be really mean when someone that I didn't want anything to do with was interested in me, but now I have a (wonderful and cute) excuse, however I feel bad letting someone down easy regardless. I'm a lot nicer about it now though. :p Still makes me uncomfortable if someone asks for my number or on a date, even if I kinda know them already. Is that on topic with what's happened?

Dunno if that answers the question but I'm really not sure what to say in response. [face_plain] I'm kind of.... Not very feely about too many things. Equally empathetic and apathetic. (Man ok I should stop talking now. XD )

Sorry for my lacking in posts, I put in my resignation at the cafe I work at because I'm starting at a different one in two weeks. I have one final today and another tomorrow. SO, hopefully I can read up a bit and hop to it.

As Bardan_Jusik might say, get my choobs moving. :p

Bravo likes this.
  24. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    I expect Bardan would say shebs.

Thank you for your candour, Heavy.

25. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Real life always comes first, get to your post when you get to it.

I would say shebs though. :p

Sith-I-5 likes this.