main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Rocketjock Eatery (A Star Wars: Intervention OOC/OOG discussion thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Bravo, Apr 5, 2011.

1. Laine_Snowtrekker

Laine_Snowtrekker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 8, 2003
    Ha ha, ha, well, my previous post didn't pan out. Thanks, ten-year-high-school-reunion prep.

I'll will definitely be posting this week.

Bravo likes this.
  2. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Bravo

How much does the Organisation know about the creatures creating these portals, then?

Bravo and Laine_Snowtrekker like this.
  3. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    GAME ANNOUNCEMENT

Below is an edited version of what I sent the Staff several days ago...

It is with the most heavy of hearts I must---at least for the foreseeable future---step away from TFN and the Boards. I don't know how long my leave will extend and thus, regrettably, I must politely ask that we steer Echoes to a temporary shut down until such a time I can resume time on the Boards. And that is a time frame I really have no control over whatsoever.

This isn't stepping away from Echoes; more-so, this is stepping away from the TFN & Boards in its entirety due to professional career & family circumstances that must be given priority over everything due to their sensitivity. What little time I have left Monday through Friday must be dedicated to family concerns with my wife and professional career pursuit (aka sleep after my 12 hour days); the weekends are the cornerstone right now to building a healthy and strong marriage, something I must give more time to.

After 9 years of Game Mastering Intervention and later Echoes, part of me is extremely tired---ready for a new chapter in an old book. I feel that I have given everything I could to the dream of Intervention Series that has grown beyond my wildest dreams in two games (and Staff & Players that I can't say enough good things about). And in saying that, I don't know how much more I have to give after 9 years. The last three years (since 2013) have been very trying to keep a modest presence in the world of written role playing with everything over those last 3 years. While I don't ever see myself completely leaving this genre that I love so much (I started here in 2001, with RPing taking off in 2002 for me), I do see myself giving some time to rest, regroup, and reset.

I do dream & hope to return to TFN and the Boards---and more importantly Intervention & Echoes---but for right now, life and may I say our Lord Jesus Christ is pulling me in new directions I must follow in, at least for the near future.

With this post---at least temporarily---Echoes will be shut down until such a time I can resume appropriate Game Mastering duties. You may continue using the Rocketjock Eatery, as long as it stays within the guidelines of the RPF, as I do hope to return in the near future, but I have no realistic time frame as of yet as when that may be.

Thank you all for your time, commitment, and desire to role play with us in Echoes and join in with us in the greater whole of that Galaxy Far, Far Away...

God Bless,

Jason

4. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    Always wishing you the best in everything you do, Bravo. Godspeed.

5. Laine_Snowtrekker

Jul 8, 2003
    I do hope it is temporary, but I wish you and yours all the best, Jason.

6. The Vanguard

The Vanguard Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2016
    Good luck Sir Jason! Come back soon :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    How is everyone doing?

8. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Working hard for a dollar. How about everyone else?

Sith-I-5 likes this.
  9. Laine_Snowtrekker

Jul 8, 2003
    Moved into a new apartment, almost done unpacking. First time I've moved while still having regular life to deal with. I have a roommate now, and lower bills!

10. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
  11. The Vanguard

Apr 12, 2016
    Sorry I'm late in this post, I too have been striving for that dollar. The industry I'm in gets busy around the holidays.

What is this airing out of our characters? Sounds like something I would be interested in..

12. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    The Vanguard - hi there.

So, traditionally, activity on the Boards and RPF, tend to slow down as we proceed into December, and picks up a few days into January, because of commitments outside in the Real World.

There a few players still able to login, but there can be nothing for them to do as all the other players in their game are off visiting relatives, or nagged from coming on, and for that niche of players, some years, someone creates a short-lived game that lasts during the Christmas, Festive, Holidays period, where you can roleplay receiving an invite, arranging transport and/or a date, arrive at the venue, your coat or battle shield taken by a butler, and chat to other players and characters from different realities, imbibe eggnog, gambol through chocolate fountains, and basically have something to interact with until the boards pick up.

Gravels. The Pub At The End...A Holiday Tale

If this interests you, follow the link, read the intro, fill in a character sheet and PM it to Ktala.

Nothing has started yet; at this point, participants can start describing how they received their invites. I'm torn between finding one stuck between a pair of turbolift doors, or wrapped around the glowing white cube of a Time Lord distress signal.

13. The Vanguard

Apr 12, 2016
    Heya Sith-I-5
    This is one of the greatest ideas related to RFP I've ever heard. I will follow the link you provided and be in touch.

BTW I like the turbolift idea.

Sith-I-5 likes this.
  14. Laine_Snowtrekker

Jul 8, 2003
    Just checking in to see if we've had any updates since December. I hope you all are doing well.

15. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Not yet, doing alright. I little over stretched and DRL'd at the moment due to being sick for the last several weeks, but working through it.

Hope you are doing well Laine. . .and everyone else, of course ;)

Laine_Snowtrekker likes this.
  16. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Sorry to hear you have not been well, Mitth_Fisto .

Hi Laine, and everyone else.

17. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    For anyone still monitoring this thread, just to advise that Bravo is back.

However, a new game has been launched:

Paradoxical Echoes

18. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    Bravo

Grats on the new game my friend. Looks good.

I do have a question though.

You stated in the intro, their would be no jedi or sith characters, but in the character sheet you ask to fill out force sensitivity, force faction and lightsaber of choice. Naturally, I'm a bit confused by that. Could you explain?

19. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    greyjedi125 likes this.
  20. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    If anyone is interested to see the fate of a former Merc character with an affinity for armor, this post (in another game) sheds some light on that.

It was something I've been planning on ever since the character's inception five years ago, so there are some mixed emotions there. Glad he was able to be brought to life in these games though. Writing for Atin throughout Intervention made it harder than it should have been for him to meet his destiny.

21. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Great post.

I had read Atin's earlier posts within the Hoth hangar, and thought he was going to last longer than that. Especially as you painted targets onto all the npcs that you paired your PCs with.

He was a good kid.

Bardan_Jusik likes this.