main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Rocketjock Eatery (A Star Wars: Intervention OOC/OOG discussion thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Bravo, Apr 5, 2011.

1. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Cheers, Bravo!

It is strange;you never know what will be appreciated. I thought there was the tiniest chance that the gig might get taken off me over that Power Rangers line!

Also, the help request was well timed. I was getting all set up to place an inflatable paddling pool in the centre of our clubhouse, and park a tanker outside to deliver the jelly (jello in US parlance) for the girls to wrestle in, and just like Helljumper's painter, I was going to have everyone staring at me, and go, "What?"

Spooky.

But herding Mercs is taking my time up now.

All yours now, mate.

2. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Also, the help request was well timed. I was getting all set up to place an inflatable paddling pool in the centre of our clubhouse, and park a tanker outside to deliver the jelly (jello in US parlance) for the girls to wrestle in, and just like Helljumper's painter, I was going to have everyone staring at me, and go, "What?"

So what your saying is I need to keep you busy or else we'll have Xan over here putting the "CLOSED BY MODERATOR" sign on the door, got it. :p

3. Earwen_Lightrider

Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2004
    Ooo... Jell-o can be fun! :p

*drags in a reclining chair embroidered in light pink thread with the names: Bravo, Jimina Palso, Rick Taller, Nick Skysand, Jason Lasso, Tim Stevens, and a few other RP characters and SNs - the wooden handle is signed "Love, The Prank Princesses"*

I found your chair Jason! Custom made just for you and everything!

I have gotten a kick out of all the reactions to the color of my ship. You all have Jason to thank for that one - if it wasn't his game, the ship wouldn't be pink. :p

Sixteen years is a long time to run a club. I hope you had fun doing that!

4. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Just watched Your Highness at the cinema, with Danny McBride out of Eastbound and Down.

Rude, crude, and very good. Although, the first ten minutes are spent regretting that you spent money on this poodoo.
    It does grow on you.

Yes, Earwen, I had fun, but as I did a bi-monthly zine, my life revolved around that cycle. When I stopped - some people didn't like The Phantom Menace, but I was quite relieved when it turned up - I did not look back.

5. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    *Crashes through the roof to splat on the floor*

Sorry to drop in like this but aparently my plane was lost in the mail and the invitation just wouldn't land. Or was it the other way around?

Perhaps a chimney over there for nostagilias sake. Don't look at me like of course it is nostalgia and not me being cheap about fixing the hole in the roof:p

So the last GM to speak and on the second page no less. I shoulda taken the Concord.[face_not_talking]

6. Earwen_Lightrider

Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2004
    384 (or 96) bi-monthly (darn 'bi-monthly' meaning twice a month or once every two months) zines is a huge task all in itself. I can see how that would be a bit life consuming.

*rolls out of the way of falling debris just in time*

Hi Mitth!

*looks from Mitth to the fireplace on the opposite side of the room and back*

Don't you think it'd be a little odd to run a chimney all the way across the room? :p 8-} Also, you are still on the first page for my page settings. :p

So, I'm curious. Why did everyone pick the ship they fly?

7. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    *Shakes his head at Mitth with a smile*

Late, but memorable entrance. Well done sir! Well done! =D=

So, I'm curious. Why did everyone pick the ship they fly?

I think the Naboo starfighter has a bit of a legend-feeling (if that's the right word) to it almost. I've always liked it for the last few years and always wanted to fly one. So I' flying one now. How about you?

Okay, so just FYI for the game. Everything [b]Qui-Gon_Jinn_Ghost[/b] posts from now now (and a few posts before with "The Council" etc.) is setting up the second game. Everything posted from me, either from [b]Bravo[/b] or Qui-Gon_Jinn_Ghost, is setting up the conclusion of this game and the background for the second game. [hl=black][b]Imperial Security Bureau Investigator Hilick Soal[/b] will most likely only make one more appearance in this game (probably towards the end), before his larger and more center stage role in the second game.[/hl] Once I show you all the title for the second game, you'll look back at this game and understand why things happened the way they did towards the end of this game for the storyline.

Also, on a personal note, I'm going to be setting up [b]Jason Lasso[/b]'s character storyline for the second game, to foreshadow the character's struggles for the next game.

8. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    I just love the sleek look and overall design of the StarViper.

I first read about it way back in Shadows of the Empire and loved the description of it. I remember being entranced reading about the unfolding s-foils, its speed and firepower.

It was almost like a weaponized Lamborghini in space! [face_laugh]

So it's kinda my default ship for any space faring character of mine. [face_peace]

9. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Well, one must be creative about these things. But Earwen if the asthetic of a winding brick chymney is lost on you, just put the swirly water slide there.;)

As for my ship, I chose the headhunter for a very important reason. . .looked cool and was slugging ship that take a hit as well as dish it even without shields. Plus I was somewhat drawn the customizability of it without it being an ugly because of it.

10. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002

11. Helljumper1178

Helljumper1178 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 5, 2010
    I fly a Hapan ship, because thats where my character spent the majority of his life. I fly the Hapan Bomber, because I love bombers. Does anyone remember the original TIE Fighter, and/or X-wing games? Those are where I picked it up I guess. Anyone could fly around and pick off other fighters. But that was nothing compared to the satisfaction of firing, well aimed explosive, after well aimed explosive, and slowly becoming the demise of some cruiser or destroyer.[face_mischief]

On another note, I have two questions:
    One: this hole in the roof...do you realize you can't just throw a fireplace or waterside in at the last second? I didn't plan for that in the decor! Now I'll have to go back to the drawing board on everything. Cancel that paint order Bravo[face_frustrated]

Two: Can I get some feed back as to what you all think about JULIE so far? I now have two "In Character" post, and I'm wanting to think I like it...but I'm just not sure. The whole computer aspect is a little difficult sometimes.

12. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Sith-I-5 About SW: Starfighter. I'm an avid video gamer (-aholic,even! :p ), but sad to say, I can't play FPS ( First Person Shooters) or Flight Simulators. Simply put, I get motion sick. ( oy!! the horror!!) :_|

I even get sick when I watch other's play, so my exposure to SW: Starfighter was very limited. I recall buying the game and thinking you could switch to third person perspective, but alas, I was wrong. So it's now part of my collection. ( never to get achieves, medals, extra vehicles, etc. :( I even heard the Falcon was an unlockable ship. Is that true? )

So? no X-wing flying games for me either. Same for Ace Combat, except one of them you could switch to third person, I forget which one. Interestingly enough, I could play Halo (FPS full of AWESOME) for a solid two hours before feeling ill, something about the frame rate, etc.

I must admit that I liked the feeling of being in a straighter or fighter jet cockpit, ( and I was so looking forward to piloting the Falcon, but, noooo!!). Hmm. Perhaps Lucas could create a flight game that includes the StarViper. (j/k) :p

Out of sheer curiousity, have you heard of the Armored Core series? ( just wondering)

*Shakes head at said hole in the roof and wonders about putting a "Last Starfighter" arcade game in the corner. :p

Helljumper: My opinion is biased, but here goes anywho. I am really enjoying JULIE. (I keep thinking of that girl A.I. in the Resident Evil movie for some strange reason). But yeah, she has her own complexities even as Feav has his own. Guess the end product does resemble its 'creator', in more ways than one. :p

Thumbs up for JULIE! [face_peace]

13. Lukes_Apprentice

Lukes_Apprentice Jedi Master star 3

Oct 15, 2008
    I hope no one minds if liam and I post as team so to speak it will be an interesting post I just thought an out of character heads up was appropriate.

14. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    :) Lukes, that is perfectly fine; thank you for giving us a heads up though, and do please mention it at the beginning of the post as well.

Helljumper, your introduction, portrayal, and evolution of the JULIE character, from her being just a voice in Feav?s head, to a visible avatar that can interact with people, and change clothes to suit its own mood, has been well crafted, and it has been good to get to know her. The evolution does feel a little rushed, but that is the nature of war, and she is in an environment now, where opportunities to grow, abound.

I am not that fond of her nastier streak at the moment, especially as a), her targets are, as far as we are aware, Rebels, and b), she appears to be countenancing slavery.

In fact, Bravo, Mitth, grey?, there is scope here for her actions creating more trouble between the Sector Force that got ordered to hand over its precious ships, and the main Alliance, perhaps even threatening a Bel Iblis-type split!

I find it almost necessary to pair my main RP characters with a foil, usually organic, but also sentient A.I.s and personable droids.
    A version of the Red Queen (Resident Evil computer protecting The Hive underground facility) was RP?ed by me in a couple of games; and I reckon Deputy is my third astromech.

So I really do appreciate your portrayal of JULIE. She is a great creation, and now that she is a lieutenant aboard the Gorlech, I look forward to seeing her go from strength to strength.

[face_idea] That?s what we need in this place. A resident A.I.

Hellj?, how do you feel about Deputy bringing JULIE here on a date. They don?t serve alcohol, according to the sign over the kitchen door. Would you have to install holoprojectors to allow her avatar to manifest, first?

Also, if it has not already been said, you are doing a fantastic job, covering for DREAMSTAR and Master Ponta. =D=

[color=blue]Sat 16/04[/color]

Day has gone well. Caught re-run of Chinese Formula One Grand Prix qualifying, and noted all data on laptop, then spent afternoon watching several episodes of Canadian show, [i]The Border[/i], featuring the delectable Grace Parks out of [i]Galactica[/i] and [i]La Femme Nikita[/i]'s Alberta Watson. Then spotted a surprise appearance of actress Helen Mirren in cop show, [i]Third Watch[/i]!
    The second-to-last place I would expect to see her.

So, everyone else having good weekends?

Are there any fast food places on Port Haven? Places to eat?

15. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    OOC: Hello everyone, Bravo will be away this weekend, so if you have any questions or concerns, Mitth, Sith-I-5 or myself will be able to assist you. Thank you for your patience.

:-B

grey

16. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    If 'third person' is when you are looking at your own spaceship from the outside (in which case, what would 'second person' be), I am pretty sure that you could do that.
    At least, on my Playstation 2 version. I will have to check.

17. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Second Person, correct. (Brain needs to be taken in for repairs, [face_frustrated] ) And thanks for checking.

18. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Thanks Grey. :) I'm back all. I forgot to tell everyone that I was going to be gone all weekend...I mean with Starfest 2011 ( =P~ ) and family in town yesterday, its been a busy weekend! Everything went good for the most part. A few bumps in the road, but nothing that the Lord can't handle. :D

I should be able to get caught up by either tonight or tomorrow with reading posts and tags. :)

Helljumper1178: JULIE has been amazing to watch and grow as a character. Her "darker" side came out with the Rebel ships surrendering and I'm interested to see where that story arch goes. Great job overall! :)

Lukes_Apprentice: Go for it! :D

Sith: In fact, Bravo, Mitth, grey?, there is scope here for her actions creating more trouble between the Sector Force that got ordered to hand over its precious ships, and the main Alliance, perhaps even threatening a Bel Iblis-type split!

I see your line of thinking and depending on where HJ goes with his storyline arch with JULIE, could open up some doors in the second game. [face_thinking]

Also, if it has not already been said, you are doing a fantastic job, covering for DREAMSTAR and Master Ponta.

I second that! :D Great job, HJ.

19. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    *Bangs head against table several times*

So, doesn't it just eat away at you when you have this awesome post for your character, but you can't post it until your character progresses to that point in the character / story arc?

I have this post I want to get up for Jason Lasso, but I may not be able to get it up for a while, because my character hasn't reached that part in his story arc.

20. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    There, there, Bravo, it's ok. ( *pats u ) You'll have it posted before u know it. ;)

21. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    You want to know what eats at you? Not doing quite as much research as you needed to.

I sent my Imperial reactor rescue team out in a Grek-class shuttle, because I knew Neb-B's carried them.

Writing up a further development, I since discover they also carry Katarn-class shuttles with specific equipment for burning through hulls - a ring of plasma torches around the airlock - which would have been perfect, if we cannot find a handy door.

As for issues similar to Bravo's, I already have sweet responses for Yav and Tim, should they run into their own shadow stormtroopers. Just hope I remember them when the time comes.

22. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Happy Easter everyone! [face_dancing]

*( I shall resume posting duties tomorrow, btw)

[face_peace]

23. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Happy Easter everyone! :)

Your doing a really good job with Tim, by the way. :) I'm really enjoying how your growing the character.

EDIT: The Current Game Summary has been updated in the Library Thread. :)

[b][color=red]Game Master Note:[/color][/b]

All players will be getting a PM (Private Message) from me within the next few days or so, maybe even today. The PM will ask you to explain three characteristics that describes your character as a whole and what choices you see your character having to make towards the end of this game that will affect him or her in the next game.

Your responses will be used in the intro of the second game. [face_happy]

24. Lukes_Apprentice

Lukes_Apprentice Jedi Master star 3

Oct 15, 2008
    That sounds cool bravo. In other news Go'tica and Ayres are in a sticky situation. I'm sweating and I'm the one that is RPing. [face_hypnotized]

25. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    Yeah Lukes, we're in a tough one. Find a way out we will! And yes, Bravo, excellent idea. Keep up the good work everybody, Intervention is really becoming my favorite game to read about.