main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Rocketjock Eatery (A Star Wars: Intervention OOC/OOG discussion thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Bravo, Apr 5, 2011.

1. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Sorry for the delay in posting everyone. Its been a super busy week so far. :( I will try to get a post up by tomorrow evening at the latest, or tonight if I can. :)

2. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    Gah!! you too Bravo? I came to post an apology for my delay in posting and I see you're having a tough week as well.

We're without an Ops manager (again!), so that means more work for me (egads!). I get home pretty wiped nowadays...And we have a corporate visit on Friday ( I'm like, seriously, another visit? weren't you ppl here last week? UGH!!! )

So yeah, I have it (reply posts) all in my head, I just need not to be so fatigued when I get home. [face_frustrated]

I-)

3. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    I hope everyone is okay, and unaffected by your Day of Tornadoes.

4. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Ahh! Not you two too! I scheduled mine in advance, you're not allowed to have a hard RL at the same time![face_peace]

Had my last final today, now I just have to do the pinning tomorrow, ceremony on Sunday(Dummest choice for a day for something that eats up from 9am to about 6pm if they asked me - which they didn't), and boards on the fourth. So if I am late in replying this is my laundry list of why.

Grey-[face_not_talking] - More coffee. jk:p Hope it goes well, after I get your post, and post for Chris. I'll see where the timelines are at in my plan and hope that moving with Sith won't mess it up...hence Sith your next tag is currently in waiting for the posting que but already planned out.

5. Lukes_Apprentice

Lukes_Apprentice Jedi Master star 3

Oct 15, 2008
    well hope real life doesn't cause to much chaos. I'll have to wait for liam's post before I move forward in the mean time sith you are trying to weasel your character out of work? For shame! [face_talk_hand] jk. Now i have to think have way to pull something on your character [face_skull]

6. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Bravo's hyperlink to R2 units, on his last post, gave me some inspiration for Deputy upstaging Yav, should they be together when the Shadow Stormtroopers pop out around them.

Yavscout: C'Boath on a bike! That must have been jammed in there tight.

Deputy: You have no idea.

I was thinking, maybe I should make up a private database of potential Yav' / Dep' moments for odd situations.

Besides that, I have a filler idea for Yav, while waiting for Mitth; and a post ready to go for the Time Slip Neb-B, but I don't know whether to post it, or use it as background for when my team arrives at the frigate.

7. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Hey Sith-I-5, glad you liked the post. I actually had uninterrupted time to myself and was not overly tired, for once, hence the decent post. Let's hope for more of that, shall we? :)

Best of luck to you Mitth and travel carefully this weekend ( assuming you will be traveling ), mother nature is in a mood of late.

My weekend is a bit busy, but I should be able to post. [face_praying]

AAaaaand, if you haven't seen this yet, here it is. ( quite funny ) Enjoy!Lil' Sithgirl

8. Earwen_Lightrider

Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2004
    I'm still trying to figure out how to reply to 6 to 1 odds :p. I have to head to work right now, but I will try to get my post in during my break this afternoon - otherwise it won't happen until tomorrow after I've finished the 12k as a Twi'lek (since walking a race in costume is a ton of fun!).

9. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    a) Good luck with your twi'lek-costumed race;

b) A photo would be appreciated;

c) Are you sure you will be in any condition to write after 12km?

I am querying with Bravo if the Imperial frigate on the other side of the nebulae will be hearing this broadcast alien scream, cos we (Time Slip) are definitely putting out a defense screen if that is the case!

10. Lukes_Apprentice

Oct 15, 2008
    I love rebels especially the female whats her name? Anyway Go'tica will look at her that is for sure. =P~ But now I'm going to try to go into some of Go'tica's history the description of battle will come sometime because despite his nature to try not to remember what happened that day watching the people you consider your friends dye man it is going to be :_| worthy. So all of you have something to look forward to though I'll try not be to intense[face_thinking].

11. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    I love rebels especially the female whats her name?

Thanks! Is that all the rebs, or just the two currently with Go'tica?

Her name is Danni Reese, formerly of Corellian Security, along with her three chums.

Anyway Go'tica will look at her that is for sure.

*Raises eyebrow* :p

Okay-dokey.

I am enjoying the quality of writing with you two, Sydney's beating heart during all the drama, and the gradual reveal of Go'tica's traumatic past.

Keep up the great work.

Bravo, you reached a new level of scary with that all-channel scream!

12. Earwen_Lightrider

Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2004
    a) Good luck with your twi'lek-costumed race;
    Thanks! I ended up wearing a different costume when I realized my face make-up had dried up (gotta order some new stuff). So I ended up walking as a Castle Crasher.

b) A photo would be appreciated;
    [image=http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii90/NataLekku/CloneWars/DSC04767.jpg]
    Twi'lek costume

Castle Crasher costume (the Orange one)

c) Are you sure you will be in any condition to write after 12km?
    Optimistic me thought I would. Post race me (since my walking buddy and I clocked an additional 3.5 miles just between walking back and forth from the car to the race) has decided exhausted brain would be a bad post.

It would be wonderful to get back up. :)

13. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Earwen, well done.

Helljumper, great progression of your plotline from multiple angles.

The Imperial cyber-net ate up the dummy like a starved dog given a steak.

I liked your entire cyber-warfare thing, but this was my favourite line.
    :)

14. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    BREAKING NEWS!!!!!

Osana bin Laden was killed in a U.S. raid!

See video from American President Obama: YAHOO! News

[face_flag]

God Bless,

Jason

15. Helljumper1178

Helljumper1178 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 5, 2010
    Thanks [/b]Sith, I was afraid I kinda rushed a few things with this last post. With finals going on, it's been really hard to give things the attention they need. That said I'm glad you liked it. I figured I needed to find the line with JULIE and draw it soon. I've tried not to over do it with her, but its been hard not to while trying to cover so many bases.
    As far as the cyber stuff goes...its kinda funny, I handn't planned on Feav really taking on the role of a major slicer. Mostly because I wasn't sure as to where I could go with it
    I'm still tying to catch up on the reading, but I came across Dude's questions concerning JULIE last night, lol! that was great.
    I'm looking forward to getting the Gorlech Crew back with the rest of the Mercs.

16. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Hey all, I should be back to normal now. :) Sorry, it was a busy week.

Great posting by everyone! :D HJ, amazing posts! Grey, priceless with Vacks! JediFalcon, nice job with the starfighters; a nice little test is headed your way next. Sith, Lukes_Apprentice, and Liam_Vehn: awesome posts back at Port Haven! Its been a true joy reading the interaction between all the characters at Port Haven. :D

17. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    I will hopefully have posts up for Jason Lasso and Chief Medical Officer Russel Cook by tomorrow (Wednesday). I wanted to get them in today, but I had to do some GM stuff that took up my morning. Now I have to go to work. [face_beatup]

On the work note, I'm asking for some prayer. I'm in a bit of a tough spot right now. The economy in America isn't too good right now. I'm working two part-time jobs to make ends meet and after reviewing my income the other day, I realized I'm short on money for food and fuel. I've had some money in savings I've been pulling from, but that's quickly disappearing. The Lord has already provided food for the next few days and even for the whole month of May (the Lord is quick sometimes in answering prayer :D ), but I'm still lacking the funds for fuel. I know the Lord will provide, He already did in less then twenty-four hours with food, but prayer is always welcomed. Thank you and God Bless. :)

18. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Someone better post or I'll get nailed for spamming here. 8-} Well, this is "Official" Game Master business, so it shouldn't count anyways. ;) :p

[b][color=red]GAME NOTICE:[/color][/b]

After observation of his RPing ability as a storyteller, manager, diplomat---and discussion amongst the three game GM's (Mitth_Fisto, greyjedi125, Bravo), [b]Sith-I-5[/b] has been entrusted with a new game position of [b]Raconteur[/b] ([link=http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/raconteur]Raconteur (Dictionary.com)[/link]).

This new position is [u]NOT[/u] a Game Master position, but [u]DOES[/u] entrust Sith-I-5 to manage any mission or situation handed to him by the "Game Master(s)" (Mitth_Fisto, greyjedi125, Bravo) by any means he seems suitable within the "Rules" of the game. As quoted from a Private Message I shared with the GMs and Sith-I-5, [i]"Its a storytelling position that uses his British humor. It won't be a Game Master position, but it will give the authority to manage his particular story. So his authority won't extend (like ours do as GMs) beyond his particular set of events given by me or one of you two for a mission."[/i]

Here's the details of Sith-I-5's position (can be viewed in the Library Thread under "GAME MASTERS / SUPPORT STAFF":

[hr]

[b]Raconteur:[/b] Sith-I-5 (Start Date: 05/04/2011 to present)

- [u]Mission specific management and authority[/u]

[i]1) Authority is restricted to a particular set of events or circumstances set by one of the "Game Master(s)"----Bravo, greyjedi125, or Mitth_Fisto.

2) Has direct game management over any IC and NPC players within specific mission of management; in short, will address players' questions, ideas, concerns, etc.

3) Authority is [u]restricted[/u] beyond anything that a Game Master(s) has to approve; the list includes IC and NPC character sheets and any major game story arcs and storylines (anything that would affect the game as a whole or a large number of players in the game).[/i]

- [u]Mission specific storyline development[/u]

[i]1) Has authority to develop storyline for a particular set of events or circumstances, in which a general outline for the mission and mission story is set by one of the "Game Master(s)"----Bravo, greyjedi125, or Mitth_Fisto[/i]

[hr]

The game "Rules" and "Game Masters" section on the opening post of [link=http://boards.theforce.net/role_playing_forum/b10328/30146826/p1/?1428]STAR WARS: INTERVENTION (A story-telling style OT starfighter game)---Always taking new players![/link] has been updated (or will be soon by a RPF Manager). Please read carefully. The "Rules" and "Game Masters" will also be posted at the bottom of both opening posts for the Library Thread and the Rocketjock Eatery. [face_happy]

[b]Rules:[/b]

1) No God-moding

2) All major character storylines (storylines that would change the direction of a mission, goal, or the game in a direct manner) must be approved through the Game Master, Co-Game Master, or Assistant Game Master---no exceptions. Character-to-character and or small group character storylines are allowed freely (no approval needed), just keep in mind the above mentioned.

3) Follow all RPF and JC Boards Rules and Polices ([link=http://boards.theforce.net/role_playing_forum/b10328/11511147/p1/?53]RPF Rules[/link])

4) All player disputes or problems, IC, OOC/OOG, or over Private Message, that violates the [link=http://boards.theforce.net/communications/b10006/28941334/p1/?0]Sexual Harassment Policy[/link], [link=http://boards.theforce.net/rules_announcements/b10719/27141421/p1/?0]Rules of the Jedi Council Forums[/link], or [link=http://boards.theforce.net/UserPages/Terms.aspx]Terms of Service[/link], [b]MUST[/b] be reported to the "Game Master" (Bravo) via Private Message, who will then forward it to the "Co-Game Master" (greyjedi125), "Assistant Game Master" (Mitth_Fisto), and a "RPF Manager". If the "Game Master" (Bravo) is not available, does not respond within 24 hours, or you feel the situation warrants a "RPF Manager"'s attention immediately, pl

19. Lukes_Apprentice

Oct 15, 2008
    Very interesting bravo but I was hoping to see a story advance post. [face_mischief] Yay new rules and a gamehelper.:D

20. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    Thanks for the heads up on rules and regulations, Bravo. Always good to have a refresher.

21. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Yea L_A, I was hoping to get a update in today. But no can do. :( I'm going to try very hard for Friday morning/afternoon to get a update rolling along. :) Its just been a crazy busy week.

22. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Well, I had a nice evening.

My mate got a free ticket to a film and invited me to join him.

We watched The Chicago Code, a cop drama set in, well, Chicago.

I don't know if that 'movie' of The Clone Wars inspired someone, but this was also the first couple of episodes of a television series stitched together, rather than a proper film.

now I will probably have to wait for it to air on Sky HD, do a run on Terrestrial, and then get a DvD release before I get to see the rest of it.

23. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Grey Skytreader! Wherefore art though? Arst though swallowed within a Sarlacc? I shall not free you. Art though clasped in the fangs of a Targ? I shall eat it. Art though wrestling with a dianoga? I shall mourn you. - Grey where art though?

Couldn't resist any longer:p I nearly have the Captain of this tubs post ready.

24. Whitelight

Whitelight Jedi Master star 4

Aug 10, 2007
    So this is where all the OOC fun takes place for you Jocky here. I see a lot of face I know which is wonderful in it self.

:D

I'll be join the games after getting a few minor details worked out.

So, do where do I post my CS that been approved by Bravo

Oh yea [:D] for everyone.

25. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Heya there, Whitelight! ( * waves hello and puts on shades :cool: ) :p

Mitth! I be here!! I was wrestling with Darth RL! It has new MMA skillz!! :eek: It was horrible! It has this new submission move that is almost impossible to break. I think I got lucky and slipped out! [face_praying]

So yeah, sorry for the extended delay, I'm on posting duty even as I type this!! ( hopes for no RL interruptions, oy! )

*I need to head back to the Ephesian Dojo and polish my sword and armor set! :p

See ya'll in a bit. [face_coffee]