main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Rocketjock Eatery (A Star Wars: Intervention OOC/OOG discussion thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Bravo, Apr 5, 2011.

1. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    LOL! Someone else had made reference to a shuttle earlier. I never launched the darn thing. This is crazy. I wrote that up reacting to something else that someone had put up in the hangar bay. Anyways, let's just get going on this deal. I'll write up a response for you Sith later tonight.

2. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    So is the shuttle in the bay or not?

3. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    Jeth will be a little peeved off once he realizes Fress is deliberately getting under his skin so to speak. [face_mischief] -----> yay my mischief smiley icon is back [face_dancing]

Honestly who in their right mind calls off a search after one bug was found anyways? This will be fun, still waiting to make the while you weren't listening I made a couple of passes at you to see if you were listening line. Still waiting for that moment.

4. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Getting a post up in the Greater Javin. Just FYI.

5. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Got it, read it, waiting for the chatter just FYI ;)

6. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    CPL, the shuttle is not in the JB bay any more.

Posted.

The Mercs might have astromechs that can not only detect covert Imperial frequencies, but even know the number that the Empire assigns to the frequency, but still, they have the worst security this side of the galactic centre.

:)

7. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Also, I took a close look at Fress, Kasumi and Jeth's switching in and out of 1313...

Why would we transmit over information like that over Imperial frequency?

I'm very confused on that part and very irritated to be honest.

8. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    For harmony, I can void the part of my post that intercepted Colias' and Jeth's speech.

However, I would point out that both Mercs earlier posts had them deliberately switch to channel 1313 in order to talk to its users. I checked closely, and at no point did either, in their posts at least, change back to Merc frequencies, hence why my spacetroopers were able to hear them.

Edit: Oh. I see Falcon has posted Colias noticing that she was on the wrong channel.

9. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    I talked with Mitth and he's in agreement with your post. He pointed out that Jeth blundered and shouldn't feel too bad over it. I'm just edgy if they figure out Sherlands real identity. Not unless we have voice codders to cover up so no voices can be identified. I just don't want Fress to be exposed because she went to a lot of hard work to cover up the fact the death was staged.

10. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    I only run certain levels of the Imperial infrastructure. Bravo (sorry to stick you with it, Mate) controls Vader, so it would be up to him whether to follow up the information.

she went to a lot of hard work to cover up the fact the death was staged.

Well, stop telling every life-form with a heartbeat about everything that happened! Think about it; we are mercenaries, for drokk's sake.

Even one of King Alex' trusted generals knifed him over a pack of Polos.

What happens if, sometime later, Havah has a chance to get his sister back, and the only thing he has to bargain with, is Sherland's life story?

This is roleplay; we literally cannot anticipate what is coming next, so players, try to keep that in mind.

11. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Sith: I gave Bravo permission to exploit Fress's identity to the crew of JOD and the Johnny Boy but not to the Imperials. Your post just partially exploited her, due to Kasumi's transmission I was assuming we had switched back to the Merc's frequency otherwise I wouldn't have written that in.

I should've explained that earlier.

What I do not want to see happen is the Imperials attempting to find out who Sherland really is. It's still listed on the roaster on the Johnny Boy as Sherland not Colias.

That permission to exploit Fress to the Imperials has not been given. Until I say yes it doesn't get past that transmission. Please respect this wish. That would be greatly appreciated..

12. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Here is a wish that I would like you to respect. Stop having your characters knowing information that you have read in posts, until there is a demonstrable in-game method that they would learn that information.

My post followed you interfering with my operation using information that your character should not have had access to, but once you gave her that data, and she ran her mouth using the covert channel - my characters, and Bardan's, if he wishes, were able to hear and use it.

Since then,
    How in Oseon does he know that, except that you read it? He is on the Johnny Boy, inside the Javin Bucket, no line-of-sight on the interdictor, he's not carrying a sensor suite that can penetrate the hulls of two ships and look round corners; is there an elaborate system of mirrors that you have not mentioned in your posts? No-one else on the Johnny Boy (*starts to gesticulate*) knows what befell the 'Delinquent.

If she's this skilled and accurate as a padawan, she'll wipe the floor with Darth Vader when they eventually meet.

13. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    Guys, hey, lets calm down. This is getting a bit out of hand. Falcon, I have to agree with Sith here, it might be more helpful to have your character not as much in the "know". A lot of the time, when you role play, you have to assume a very limited range of information. For example, unless you'd actually seen the damage to the Delinquent, you wouldn't know about it right off the bat. You're doing a great job out there with your character but it is important to know when information is public and when it is private. On the other hand, Sith can be trusted to not go and use said information on Fress' character to the Imperials advantage. That isn't the way he does this sort of thing. I can vouch for that.

14. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    I'm trying really I am :_|

I'm sorry I'm not perfect :_|

sometimes I end up misreading posts and think I know but it turns out I misread it and shouldn't know that information. I'm sorry :_|

Sometimes I think I read something thats there but my brain tends to play tricks on me placing in words that don't exist. Sometimes I have to read something five times over before I understand what I'm reading.

At times I've accidentally moved someone elses character because I misread that post.

15. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    Hey, no worries. You haven't seen the full extent of my shuttle launching debacle :D

16. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    I'm sorry to say that I'm taking a short hiatus from the boards. I'm not giving up on my character by any means...but it may be a while till I get another post up...

Just thought everyone should know...

17. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Okay-dokey, hope to see you soon.

Thank you for letting us know. When you return, just post in here to ask where you can jump back in.

18. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Or yah know, don't go [face_whistling] I find RPs theraputic as well Sky Guy. But if ya' gotta go, what Sith said ;)

19. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Sorry to hear that Skywalker. But, always do what is best for you and your family first. May the LORD go with you and we hope to see you again soon.

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  20. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    I know you are waiting on me Sith for Crusader's exit. I should have something up in the next day or so regarding that.

[​IMG]

21. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Falcon and Sith...

Falcon, please take Vehn's advise. I agree with his advise 100% and support it. Your character does have a habit of knowing everything about everything and about everyone. I ask that you review your character sheet and take note of what was approved by me when you first joined the game. Furthermore, I ask that you review past, present, and future back story plots and try very hard to mold your character into a realistic, reasonable, and canon-accurate Star Wars based character within the context, story, policies, and rules of Intervention (where such things are lacking only in In-Character game play).

For everyone (including staff posts), I am now giving the staff the ability to void a part of your post or parts of your posts if it conflicts with any stated Intervention rules, god-moding policy within the RPF, Rules of the RPF, Rules of the JC, JC's Sexual Harassment Policy, or Terms of Service. These actions by the staff should not be viewed as acts of vengeance, malice, or abuse of power or Game Master privileges. Voids can only be used in such cases listed prior and can be acted upon without the approval of Bravo. These voids are being used to ensure fair game play and game quality. Any such violations by the staff of Game Master privileges in the usage of voids In-character should be directed to Bravo for review and further action.

22. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Sith is right. Please keep that in mind. One of the many reasons of what makes Intervention special is the fact that we RP realistically and it makes it better for everyone I feel. :)

23. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    "Glove? Play Verpine Jizz Metal Band track number eight on frequency 1313, if they are listening I might as well share an impliment of torture to mimick my own."

That is awesome :D music anyone :p

Bravo

When I originally developed Fress, she wasn't always like this and I don't do it intentionally. I lost sight of how she originally was supposed to be and this isn''t it.

Maybe I should get her back to how I originally wanted her which should emlinimate the problems. I don't know what else to do at this point.

And maybe I should think things through better before posting. Maybe that will help. At times I don't think things through before posting and maybe I should just slow down a little. Less likely to make mistakes. maybe Fress isn't the problem, maybe I'm the problem. I should just think it through first when I'm writing it then maybe I would be making less mistakes. And double check to make sure I'm not giving her too much information.

I don't do it intentionally by giving her too much information, it just doesn't cross my mind as being that, It's a learning disability that I have to struggle with on a daily bases in real life. It's just the way I am. Sorry for being me

24. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Posting myself a link for Jod Naval Guard descriptions, as I struggle to remember the Jod uniforms in general.

25. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    I got the post up getting the Crusader to hyperspace. Sith if your troopers move aft they will find a "lounge area" very similar to what we saw on the Millenium Falcon, complete with dejarik table, where they can relax. You can assume Atin will go with them. Or they can just hang out in the cargo hold, your call. :p

I am sure Taab will be out of the cockpit shortly to speak with the team during their journey.

[​IMG]