1. Oh hai Guest!

Welcome to the RPF!

OOC Rocketjock Eatery (A Star Wars: Intervention OOC/OOG discussion thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Bravo, Apr 5, 2011.

Moderators: Penguinator, Ramza
  1. Coffee_Ninja Jedi Master

star 1
    Ok all. I had to let some of this sink in for a bit before I posted. First off, everyone here is a strong RPer and we all want to contribute to the story. Second, I truly understand where everyone is coming from. The solution that I see for this is the following: With the excitement that everyone has with posting perhaps it is time to ensure that we can all look back at posts to determine what information is private or what information cannot be felt at all or entirely by force sensitives. That way there can be a quick reference and we can for sure lessen the amount of energy and time spent rehashing who knows what, etc. I would say use a color that is not usually used so we are able to find it quickly. May I recommend
    PINK.

I have enjoyed RPing with all of you and have enjoyed seeing the game grow. I would hate to lose anyone over something like this.
    Bravo likes this.
  2. Falcon Chosen One

star 8
    I think that's a great idea and that would really help me redefine on what my character is supposed to know vs not supposed to know.
  3. Bravo Force Ghost

star 6
    Coffee, good idea. I support it 100%. Any objections, concerns, comments?

In class, FYI. Supposed to be paying attention...yea... [face_whistling]
    Last edited by Bravo, Sep 25, 2012
  4. Bardan_Jusik Mand'alor - Manager of the EUC, SWC and Spinoffs

Manager
    star 10
    I know I am the new guy on the block here, but to be honest I really am not enamored of this idea.

I don't see this color coding solving much and it adds complications to those players who are not playing a force user. What is able to be sensed by one individual may not be able to be sensed by another. By allowing every player to decide for him or herself what may or may not be sensed by the various levels of Jedi we create a mish mash of different judgement calls, without an over arching "structure".

Now to be honest I don't know of any issues that may have cropped in the past regarding this issue. I have purposefully avoided posts older than my joining the game as a way to shield myself (and my characters) from the dealings of the game's past. A form of "method RPing" I suppose. :p The issue, as I see has been raised here, was regarding the explosion abaord the Delinquent and the sensing of the Crusader.

Are we really expecting someone to write out an entire post in a different color so that others can tell whether or not they can be sensed by the force? I don't feel comfortable telling others what their characters can and cannot sense. I am not a GM, and frankly that is their call not mine. It shouldn't be a players burden to differentiate what can and can't be detected by others. Frankly common sense and the GMs should prevail on that issue.

I am not posting this to try to dog on anyone, or put a raincloud over their idea. I just see little need to implement this in an RP.

[IMG]
    Last edited by Bardan_Jusik, Sep 25, 2012
  5. Bravo Force Ghost

star 6
    Jusik...

I see your point and it does have weight to it. To answer your basic question, the responsibility of each player...

I agree with you. Yes, each player should be responsible for their own posts and should be responsible to read other posts that they are tagging to. Aside from a newbie that hasn't played a lick of written RPGs in their life, this is a solid expectation and fair rule. It's part of the "culture" and is usually a expectation for any larger or veteran heavy RPG (like Intervention is veteran heavy players).

However, we run into two problems in general:

1) Darth Real Life
    I am as guilty as this as anyone, ask any of the staff or players! [face_blush] I have skimmed, read fast, or completely missed both minor and big details in posts. Usually this happens when I'm stressed with work, college, or other obligations outside of the game.

2) Experience Level
    I've been around since September of 2001. Been RPing since November/December of 2001 when I was 16 years old. My first 1 to 2 years of RPing, ask GrandAdmiralJello for evidence, was R-O-U-G-H (granted, I was also playing in the then "Flagship Game" War of the Galaxies games at the time too). I god-modded, both by accident and on purpose, to just get out of my character dying or wanting to "know everything" or wanting to be "part of the group". The quality, detail, and "researching" of the posts I was responding to was beyond low. It wasn't until I was 18 years old (2003), playing in The New Dark Times here on the old boards with greyjedi125 and other "back in the day" players, when I started to get a hang of RPing (smaller game, more flexibility in RPing standards, not a Flagship game). The Jedi Outcasts (for me, 2004 to 2009), was where I finally had a game where I could refine my RPing skills and quality. Still, not the best of quality during the Jedi Outcasts, but I finally got the hang of RPing and felt like I could finally call myself a "veteran" on the RPF boards. Intervention was my first successful jump into Game Mastering, starting in 2009.

Now, my experience level as a "veteran" 11 years later, is different from that of Mitth_Fisto, Sith-I-5, or Coffee_Ninja. All have different experience levels. But also, everyone comes from different games as well. My experiences with The Jedi Outcasts gave me my solid footing as a role player. Great series of games, great Game Mastering staff, awesome veteran players. Not everyone has had that opportunity as I did to grow their RPG skills. Others have had the same opportunity or better opportunities then me in RPing experience / RPG skills.

While Intervention's staff and players could all be considered "veterans" in written RPing (we don't have any "newbies" right now), we all have different experiences and skill sets. I would say that Sith-I-5, for example, has some of the best RPing skills across the board out of anyone I've ever seen. His skill set and depth of RPG knowledge is beyond amazing and he is a well-balanced RPer overall (whereas most people are really good at one thing and somewhat good at other things...Sith-I-5 is equally good at everything). Mitth_Fisto, on the other end, has the best character storyline developing I've seen EVER. Period. Mitth knows how to build a character storyline that is engaging, thought-provoking, and stays true to his vision 3 years into Intervention.

So, once again, experience is depended on each player's prior experience. Darth Real Life and player experience = mistakes sometimes.

Now, repeated mistakes again and again, that's another issue. But that can usually be solved by a player / mentor program, either through the Welcome Thread / RPF or through Intervention itself.

We have the "Force Chart" as such a structure. :)

Overall thoughts? :confused:
  6. Bardan_Jusik Mand'alor - Manager of the EUC, SWC and Spinoffs

Manager
    star 10
    Not something I really want to get in a "back and forth" about, my concerns have already been spelled out.

To me it seems a "common sense" system would work better than an arbitrary "color coding" scheme. The force chart as a structure is not what I was getting at, though it is something I saw as a positive when thinking about joining this game. I assume there is nothing in the chart regarding what color to use when a Jedi Knight is around as opposed to a padawan and what either may or may not detect. Frankly that is something that again, the "jedi player" should have to worry about following, with guidence from the GM, as opposed the individual playing a non force user needing to color code their own post with regard as to what different levels of Jei can detect.

I know mistakes can and do happen, we are all human, and I make more than my fair share. I don't sweat it too much, in the end this is just a game. If there is an issue the GM and the players involved can fix it. I just see this as a solution looking for a problem, and frankly an extra burden put on the players that have decided not to play a jedi or force sensitive player.

[IMG]
  7. Bravo Force Ghost

star 6
    I see your point, Jusik. Already coming up with a solution (bouncing off of an idea Coffee_Ninja told me)... :D In place (in my mind), just have to get it into writing. :cool: Class over and heading home first, then will post my solution. :)
  8. Mitth_Fisto Chosen One

star 6
    I look forward to a new, and more simple solution. As I for one, was having trouble imagining posting anything for Havah in Pink *shudders in sympathy of self and character* Plus I think from another point of view the more you have the players have to do to even post, is the more likely they will leave for a simpler game.

Thanks for compliment Bravo. Hopefully when I get the family posts started soon new arcs will be added. ;)
  9. Bravo Force Ghost

star 6
    ATTENTION ALL PLAYERS!!!

Okay, so after talking with several player(s) and staff, I have come to the conclusion that Intervention has to have a "Bible" to dedicate it's further existence for the present and into the future for all other Intervention affiliated games and other threads or offsite web pages including wikis Yes, we have rules, policies, etc., but their scattered and not in one place. So here it is, the handbook, guidebook, manual, "Bible," road map (etc.) to Intervention.

While I hope this will make it to the Library Wiki in good timing, CPL is a busy man (and has been adding photos and other small additions to the wiki as he has time...go check it out! :cool:) and in whatever timeline he manages this addition to the wiki, will be okay with me.

As a note, this is not "perfect" by any means. I did the best I could. Any questions, comments, or concerns, please ask here in the Rocketjock!

INTERVENTION HANDBOOK

Index:

General
    Policies
    SOP's (Standard Operating Procedures)
    Writing
    Realism
    Force Usage ("Force Chart")

GENERAL

• Links
    1. Game Thread: (RPG; June 2009 to present): Star Wars: Intervention (A storytelling style OT starfighter game)---Always taking new players!
    2. (QUESTIONS? ASK HERE!!!!) OOG Discussion: Rocketjock Eatery (A Star Wars: Intervention OOC/OOG discussion thread)
    3. Library Wiki: Intervention Library Thread (wiki)

• Game Masters; "Staff"
    1. Game Master: Bravo
    2. Co Game Master: Sith-I-5
    3. Assistant Game Master: Mitth_Fisto
    4. Assistant Game Master / Force Game Master: Coffee_Ninja
    5. Game Master Librarian: CPL_Macja

• Operational Period
    1. Game Start Date: 06/11/2009
    2. Game End Date: Present
    3. Sequel: Intervention Allegiance (in development)

• Game Genre
    1. The Mission Impossible RPG / The Fan Fiction RPG (info: How to make and run a RPG (New Gamemasters START HERE!)

• Timeline (Era)
    1. Start: Galactic Civil War, 1 year B.B.Y. (before Battle of Yavin)
    2. Present: Galactic Civil War, 0 B.B.Y.
    3. End: TBD

• Game Mode
    1. Within Official Star Wars Canon events (not AU)

• Player Recruitment
    1. Open (Always taking new players)

• Game Awards
    1. Best Star Wars RPG (Spring 2010 RPF Awards)
    2. Best GM (Spring 2010 RPF Awards)

1. Best Star Wars RPG (Winter 2011 RPF Awards)

POLICIES

• DECLARATION OF FOUNDATION (Updated 09/26/2012)

Intervention: Allegiance (COMING SOON!!!), STAR WARS: INTERVENTION (A story-telling style OT starfighter game)---Always taking new players!, Rocketjock Eatery (A Star Wars: Intervention OOC/OOG discussion thread), Library Wiki, and any other past, present, future, open, or locked threads affiliated to Intervention on the Jedi Council Boards (hosted on theforce.net) and any other offsite websites (community boards or otherwise) are founded on the basis and principles of The Holy Bible and the practices and theology found within Christian theology related to The Holy Bible.

As a game, Intervention DOES NOT force, convince, threaten, pressure, bribe, sell, or in any other way take away the freedom of an individual to make their own religious or non-religious choices. As a game, Intervention is dedicated to providing a safe, friendly, and welcoming role playing environment to all who play and or read the game's posts, without infringing upon a individual's rights to choose or not choose a religious, political, or cultural stance.

While Intervention's storyline and various plots may support, make references to, and (or) follow The Holy Bible and Christian theology, no player or staff member in Intervention is required to, convinced to agree to, have to support, or endorse The Holy Bible and (or) Christian theology.

• DECLARATION OF "THE FORCE"(Updated 09/26/2012)

"The Force" is to be used in STAR WARS: INTERVENTION (A story-telling style OT starfighter game)---Always taking new players!, Intervention: Allegiance (COMING SOON!!!), and their affiliated threads of [Library Thread] STAR WARS: INTERVENTION (A story-telling style OT starfighter game), Rocketjock Eatery (A Star Wars: Intervention OOC/OOG social thread), and Intervention Library Thread (wiki) in a manner and direction that reflects George Lucas's STAR WARS vision, from (the six original movies, including DVD release) Episode One, The Phantom Menace through to Episode Six, Return of the Jedi.

In relation to that STAR WARS vision, Intervention (blanket title for all threads related to the game threads and their affiliated threads, as well as all off-site wikis and other off-site web sites related to Intervention) will rely on the six original STAR WARS movies (Episode One through Episode Six) first and foremost and the Jedi vs. Sith: The Essential Guide to the Force as the primary sources of information regarding "The Force".

Other Lucasfilm Ltd., LucasBooks, and LucasArts licensed STAR WARS material, primarily other Essential Guide(s) and related Expanded Universe material that is considered applicable to "The Force" of George Lucas' STAR WARS vision in the six original movies (including Star Wars: The Force Unleashed and Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II), can be used as secondary information gathering sources.

Wookieepedia may be used for information gathering on "The Force," but where such information conflicts with the six original movies, the movies first and foremost and then Jedi vs. Sith: The Essential Guide to the Force will override all information located on Wookieepedia and other web pages or published information regarding "The Force" that is not a Lucasfilm Ltd. or one of it's divisions' (LucasBooks, LucasArts, etc.) licensed material.

Regarding Intervention specifically as a game, Coffee_Ninja, as Assistant Game Master, will also hold the Force Game Master position and will oversee all matters, actions, and rules involving "The Force". Coffee_Ninja's rule and say is final in all matters regarding "The Force," unless it counters one of the "primary sources" listed above. Those agents (i.e. players and or staff) appointed by Coffee_Ninja (and Bravo as Game Master) are the only other persons charged with the authority to deal with any aspects regarding "The Force" specific to Intervention from a staff / management point of view.

Intervention will have NO Sith, Dark Jedi, or Gray Jedi based characters, only staff and appointed agents in Intervention may have the ability to role play as such character types. This is a safe guard to ensure Intervention's storyline is kept intact.

• Rules (Updated 09/26/2012)

1) No God-moding

2) All major character storylines (storylines that would change the direction of a mission, goal, or the game in a direct manner) must be approved through the Game Master, Co-Game Master, or Assistant Game Master(s)---no exceptions. Character-to-character and or small group character storylines are allowed freely (no approval needed), just keep in mind the above mentioned.

3) Follow all RPF and JC Boards Rules and Polices (RPF Rules)

New!!! 4) All information, resources, data, stats, etc. gathered from another author source other then yourself, MUST be referenced (work cited) accordingly OOG (Out-of-Game) after the IC (In-Character) post is finished to the best of your ability.

5) All player disputes or problems, IC, OOC/OOG, or over Private Message, that violates the Sexual Harassment Policy, Rules of the Jedi Council Forums, or Terms of Service, MUST be reported to the "Game Master" (Bravo) via Private Message, who will then forward it to the "Co-Game Master" (Sith-I-5), "Assistant Game Master" (Mitth_Fisto), and a "RPF Manager". If the "Game Master" (Bravo) is not available, does not respond within 24 hours, or you feel the situation warrants a "RPF Manager"'s attention immediately, please forward any player disputes or problems that violate the above mentioned "Sexual Harassment Policy", "Rules of the Jedi Council Forums", or "Terms of Service" to a "RPF Manager" ASAP. Thank you.

6) Game Master, Co-Game Master, Assistant Game Master(s), and all other "Staff" are restricted to two major or minor or combination of both for NPC (Non-Playable Character) character---good guy or bad guy---and one ADDITIONAL IC (In-Character) character. The additional IC character has NO GM(s) or other "staff" powers, however the NPC(s) may act as a major catalyst to the overall storyline.

7) All tags have a 5 day cap, in which time if a waiting player has not received a response back on a tag, the Game Master, Co-Game Master, Assistant Game Master(s), or "Staff" will have the ability to reply for the in-active player's tag. The action will be carried out by a NPC character or IC character personally ran by GM(s) or other "Staff" (the GM(s) and other "Staff" cannot use someone else's IC character to accomplish this task).

8) Out-Of-Game (OOG) / Out-Of-Character (OOC) is allowed. No OOG/OOC (Out-of-Game/Out-of-Character) information is allowed in In-Character (IC).

9) You’re character cannot suddenly go from having no Force powers to having Force powers, unless GM(s) approved.

10) YOU BETTER HAVE FUN!

• Timeline

1. Intervention is based in the Star Wars canon universe between Star Wars: A New Hope, Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, and Star Wars: Return of the Jedi. Any AU (Alternate Universe) of those movies is strictly forbidden in Intervention; any other Star Wars EU (Expanded Universe) in between or within the timeline of these 3 Star Wars movies that is approved by Lucasfilm and (or) it's various Divisions cannot be altered by AU (Alternate Universe) either. in Intervention.
    2. Intervention works "around" and (or) "in between" Star War cannon approved events within the Star Wars Galaxy. In respect to that, Intervention tries to make an engaging role playing experience while involving the Star Wars Galaxy canon events in our game.

• Copyrights, etc. (Updated 09/26/2012)

"Intervention" and all other threads on "Jedi Council Boards" hosted on theforce.net and any and all offsite web sites are subject to the Rules of the Jedi Council Forums and the Terms of Service of the same. Furthermore, "Intervention" and all game threads recognize that Star Wars is the creation and copyright of Geroge Lucas (Lucasfilm, Ltd) and we, as "Intervention," understand that all of our work in George Lucas' "Star Wars" galaxy as a fan-based Role Playing Game is subject to any and all freedoms and restrictions that George Lucas and or Lucasfilm, Ltd so chooses to put on us.

Lastly, understanding that we, "Intervention," operate under the good graces of George Lucas and or Lucasfilm, Ltd in the "Star Wars" galaxy, do so with knowledge that any copying or references to any "Star Wars" material is under "Fair Use". Furthermore, "Intervention" players and staff are implored to make references and give credit to any and all creations not their own that they incorporate from outside sources into the game threads.

• Characters Sheets (Referenced from the old Jedi Council Forums' RPF before "The Move" in 2012)

Name:
    Species:
    Homeworld:
    Affiliation:

Personality
    ---Traits:
    ---Habits:

Appearance
    ---Skin Color:
    ---Hair Color:
    ---Eye Color:
    ---Clothing:
    ---Other Attributes:
    ---Other Details:
    Weapons:

Starship
    ---Name:
    ---Class:
    ---Hyperdrive Class:
    ---Weapon(s):
    ---Shields:
    ---Sublight Speed:
    ---Crew:
    ---Passenger(s):
    ---Max Cargo (kg):
    ---Interior Description:
    ---Other Details:

The Force
    ---Sensitivity:
    ---Religion:
    ---Lightsaber
    -----Crystal(s):
    -----Blade(s):
    -----Color(s):
    -----Handle Description(s):
    ---Force Abilities:
    ---Force Weakness:
    ---Other Force Object(s):

Biography
    ---Personal History:

---Military History:

---Traumatic Experiences:

• Out-of-Game vs. In-Character information

1. Any and all information posted or obtained otherwise OOG (Out-of-Game) regarding present or future IC (In-Character) actions in Intervention is prohibited to be used in any way, shape, or form in any Intervention titled game.
    2. Out-of-Game can be used interchangeably with OOC (Out-of-Character)

• In-Character Posting

1) Titles

Any In-Character post in Intervention should start with the following:

IC: Jason Lasso [Character(s)]
    Bridge, Johnny Boy, Deep Space [Location]

2) Additional Titles

OOG: Hey all, this is my first time here! Hope to have fun! [Out-of-Game comment]

3) Tags

"Tags" are used to alert other players to respond to your post(s). All "Tags" should be in Bold capital letters. Examples are:

TAG: Mitth_Fisto, Bravo, Coffee

or

TAG: ALL

or

TBC [To Be Continued

4) The Whole Post

WRITING

• Standard
    1. Intervention holds a "standard" of writing; Intervention asks that you write to the best of your ability, age, and (or) education level.
    2. This "standard" is to ensure a enjoyable, well written, and educational written role playing game experience for all players, staff, and outside readers (not playing in the game) involved.

REALISM

• Characters
    1. Intervention asks that you role play any and all in-character or non-playable characters under your direct or temporary control to the best of your ability; this includes posting realistic character actions, movements, injuries and or deaths to other player controlled In-Character or Non-Playable Characters' actions; and that any and all information your character should or should not have based on experience gained in game, character sheets, in-game development, and other character and game factors.

• Starships, vehicles, and or vessels
    1. Intervention asks that you role play, modify, and (or) build any starhips, vehicles, and (or) vessels realistically, meaning that you obey realistic role playing movements against you by another player and that your mode of transportation thus mentioned above is equal to any known Star Wars canon-approved data, stats, and (or) information. References (work cited) must be listed to reference ship data, stats, and (or) information.

• Other Game Situations
    1. Intervention asks that you, in any and all situations that arise in-character in Intervention, is posted to the best of your ability to uphold realism, Star Wars canon material, and to avoid any accidental or intentional god-moding. If you have questions regarding realism or other Star Wars material, please ask in our Rocketjock Eatery (A Star Wars: Intervention OOC/OOG discussion thread) before posting in-character.

• Voids and Edits
    1. The Staff has the ability to void part and or parts of posts (with references to the Intervention Handbook policy OOG when the void is used) that violate this Realism policy to maintain game quality and fairness; this is not done out of malice, vengeance, and (or) abuse of Staff powers. Any such concerns of Staff abuse of privileges should be forwarded to Game Master Bravo for further review and action.

FORCE USAGE ("Force Chart")

• Please see REALISM section to add additional information sources to how to use Force-based characters.

• If you have a question about a Force ability or other Force usage, please private message (PM) Coffee_Ninja for assistance. The staff is here to help you, not be a management burden to you, so please use us!

• Coffee_Ninja and Bravo have the ability to void part and or parts of posts (with references to the Intervention Handbook policy OOG when the void is used) that violate this Force Usage policy to maintain game quality and fairness; this is not done out of malice, vengeance, and (or) abuse of Staff powers. Any such concerns of Staff abuse of privileges should be forwarded to Game Master Bravo or other Staff for further review and action.

• Force Ranking System (aka Force Abilities Chart)
    Updated: 09-26-2012

Note: This system is not completed yet and is in development.

[Taken and edited from "Levels," see below] In terms of Intervention, we are NOT a Jedi vs. Sith game; we are only using Jedi titles (Padawan, Knight, Master) as a reference to our game's use of the Force and the staff's ability to maintain control and to avoid god-modding. In light of that information, Intervention is not activity seeking to promote a "leveling" system for players to become Knights and Masters in an Original Trilogy environment where Luke Skywalker, Yoda, and Obi-Wan were seen (from the movies) as the only surviving Jedi after Order 66. In short, we are respecting the creativity of the movies that George Lucas created and respecting those boundaries he established in the movies and will not have a host of fully trained Jedi Knights and Jedi Masters running around a post Order 66 and Galactic Empire controlled Star Wars Galaxy.

References: Information for the below Force Ranking System was gathered from the STAR WARS movies (the six original movies, including DVD releases, Episode One, The Phantom Menace through to Episode Six, Return of the Jedi), Jedi vs. Sith: The Essential Guide to the Force (book), and Wookieepedia (website).

DECLARATION OF The Force

"The Force" is to be used in STAR WARS: INTERVENTION (A story-telling style OT starfighter game)---Always taking new players!, Intervention: Allegiance (COMING SOON!!!), and their affiliated threads of [Library Thread] STAR WARS: INTERVENTION (A story-telling style OT starfighter game), Rocketjock Eatery (A Star Wars: Intervention OOC/OOG social thread), and Intervention Library Thread (wiki) in a manner and direction that reflects George Lucas's STAR WARS vision, from (the six original movies, including DVD release) Episode One, The Phantom Menace through to Episode Six, Return of the Jedi.

In relation to that STAR WARS vision, Intervention (blanket title for all threads related to the game threads and their affiliated threads, as well as all off-site wikis and other off-site web sites related to Intervention) will rely on the six original STAR WARS movies (Episode One through Episode Six) first and foremost and the Jedi vs. Sith: The Essential Guide to the Force as the primary sources of information regarding "The Force".

Other Lucasfilm Ltd., LucasBooks, and LucasArts licensed STAR WARS material, primarily other Essential Guide(s) and related Expanded Universe material that is considered applicable to "The Force" of George Lucas' STAR WARS vision in the six original movies (including Star Wars: The Force Unleashed and Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II), can be used as secondary information gathering sources.

Wookieepedia may be used for information gathering on "The Force," but where such information conflicts with the six original movies, the movies first and foremost and then Jedi vs. Sith: The Essential Guide to the Force will override all information located on Wookieepedia and other web pages or published information regarding "The Force" that is not a Lucasfilm Ltd. or one of it's divisions' (LucasBooks, LucasArts, etc.) licensed material.

Regarding Intervention specifically as a game, Coffee_Ninja, as Assistant Game Master, will also hold the Force Game Master position and will oversee all matters, actions, and rules involving "The Force". Coffee_Ninja's rule and say is final in all matters regarding "The Force," unless it counters one of the "primary sources" listed above. Those agents (i.e. players and or staff) appointed by Coffee_Ninja (and Bravo as Game Master) are the only other persons charged with the authority to deal with any aspects regarding "The Force" specific to Intervention from a staff / management point of view.

Intervention will have NO Sith, Dark Jedi, or Gray Jedi based characters, only staff and appointed agents in Intervention may have the ability to role play as such character types. This is a safe guard to ensure Intervention's storyline is kept intact.

Game Master's Note: Due to the events of Order 66, the disbanded Jedi Order from Revenge of the Sith (movie), and the fact that The Mercs are a mercenary outfit and not a Jedi Academy, the below listed Force abilities are designed to reflect a rougher Jedi training. Luke Skywalker's training under Yoda in The Empire Strikes Back (movie) and Luke's Jedi Praxeum and the early aspects of the New Jedi Order during the Yuuzhan Vong War can be used as examples of this training.

Unless otherwise stated (i.e. being listed as LOCKED), the listed information under Jedi Initiate and some information under Padawan can be assumed to be either mastered or in development by the character(s) in question.

Levels

Each skill or ability on the Force Ranking System will have either a 1,2, or 3 level by it. Simply put, Level 1 is where all players with the Force will start in STAR WARS: Intervention and Intervention: Allegiance, unless otherwise stated by Bravo or Coffee_Ninja. Exceptions to this rule are the "Jedi Liaison(s)" listed in the Current Roster.

Level One is Padawan

Level Two is Jedi Knight

Level Three is Jedi Master

All Levels refers to a basic or universal ability that all can master, regardless of level of training.

Special Abilities ("SP") refers to, as an example, a Level Two power being gifted to a Level One player (see note)
    Note: Each Force-based character in Intervention: Allegiance may have one special ability that he or she excels at or is a focus of study. For those powers already listed under Level One, any power selected as a "SP" or "Special Ability" will be upgraded to Level Two with that power. Each player is given three Special Powers, one for Level One, Two, and Three.

While the levels denote a ranking within the old Jedi Order, in reference to the above "Game Master Note," achievement of a particular level does not grant one the ability to hold the title of said title if one is only a Master in one particular field of training, but a Jedi Knight or Jedi Padawan in other areas of study. The achievement of "Jedi Knight," for example, will only be completed upon all levels being at Level Two.

In terms of Intervention, we are NOT a Jedi vs. Sith game; we are only using the above titles as a reference to our game's use of the Force and the staff's ability to maintain control and to avoid god-modding. In light of that information, Intervention is not activity seeking to promote a "leveling" system for players to become Knights and Masters in an Original Trilogy environment where Luke Skywalker, Yoda, and Obi-Wan were seen (from the movies) as the only surviving Jedi after Order 66. In short, we are respecting the creativity of the movies that George Lucas created and respecting those boundaries he established in the movies and will not have a host of fully trained Jedi Knights and Jedi Masters running around a post Order 66 and Galactic Empire controlled Star Wars Galaxy.

Force Abilities Chart

LEVEL ONE:

Control

Alchaka
    Art of Movement
    Breath Control
    Force Body
    Hibernation Trance
    Force Speed

Sense

Force Sense
    Precognition
    Battle Precognition (Blink only)
    Force Empathy
    Force Sight [Locked, i.e. not "mastered" at a Padawan level. May only use to the extent as Luke Skywalker did in A New Hope.]
    Telepathy [Locked, i.e. not "mastered" at a Padawan level. Only able to use at short distances, very few words, 5 meters max]

Force Bellow
    Force Blinding
    Force Flash
    Force Jump
    Telekinesis
    -Force Pull/Push
    -Force Throw
    -Force Grip
    -Force Repulse
    Jedi Mind Trick (Force Persuasion only)
    Protection Bubble

Special Abilities
    Note: You may choose one special ability to use per Level. Max three special abilities, one for Level One, Two, and Three.

Detoxify Poison
    Force Comprehension
    Theran Force-listening
    Comprehend Speech
    Animal Friendship
    Doppleganger
    Electric Judgment
    Force Cloak
    Plant Surge

Lightsaber Combat
    Note: You may choose one combat style (except for Form I which is already mastered) below to be training in. Not all forms listed, due to the difficulty to obtain particular fighting style as listed by Jedi vs. Sith: The Essential Guide to the Force (book).

Form I (Shii-Cho) ("All Levels" Mastered)
    Form II (Makashi)
    Form III (Soresu)
    Form IV (Ataru)
    Form V (Shien / Djem So)
    Form VI (Niman) (taught by Jedi Order during / around Clone Wars)
  10. Bravo Force Ghost

star 6
    CPL, why the mad face in your tag with Sith?

So, CPL, I was doing some drawings at work today to give the Kingdom of Jod fleet some life outside of the King-class. Simple: Corvette, Frigate, and Light Destroyer; everything that the small KOJ would need and be able to field realistically. They have one carrier, but I have yet to draw it up yet.
  11. Sith-I-5 Force Ghost

star 5
    Yes, CPL, do I sense discontent?

I was going to PM, but since it has been raised here.
    Last edited by Sith-I-5, Sep 26, 2012
  12. CPL_Macja Force Ghost

star 5
    No it was accidental there was supposed to be : @Sith-I-5 but the space is missing sorry
  13. Bravo Force Ghost

star 6
  14. Mitth_Fisto Chosen One

star 6
    It is interesting when type suddenly becomes smiley faces when we aren't even trying to do so.
  15. Bravo Force Ghost

star 6
    I got a feeling to post this today. Maybe someone here needs to hear it...

16. Mitth_Fisto Chosen One

star 6
    Well my reply is up, I had it in my mind a lot earlier, just got the time to finish it today. Sad I guess, but one paper done, and now just two more to go for next week.
  17. Vehn Force Ghost

star 4
    I wasn't planning on pulling out my soapbox but I need to throw my .02 cents into the color coded text suggestion as well.

I've been doing RPing for quite some time, going on ten years now. Made my fair share of mistakes, more than I can count. Most of that time has been spent on a forum interacting with other people, allowing stories and characters to flow where they may. Part of the magic of this type of writing style, this craft, so to speak, is that things aren't spelled out for you. You build the road as you travel along it. Sometimes it is very smooth, other times it can remind you of a California highway, poorly maintained and out of control. It is that out of control element, the element of surprise, of driving with blinders on that really attracts me to this particular way of telling a story. There is nothing quite like the feeling of not knowing what is waiting for your character right around the corner and there are times, and I still get this feeling, where I feel like a kid in a candy store waiting for someone to respond to my character's post, to see what new wrinkle is put into the fabric of the roleplay environment.

Give and take. Anticipate, release, let go, have fun. Common themes we all have experienced with this sort of writing in the past, present, and we all would like to help well into the future. To interact with others, in a galaxy far, far, away is a special experience. You form bonds with the people that you do this sort of writing with, the kind of bonds that seem to transcend traditional friendships. When things flow, they really flow. You seem to "get" the other role players. A lot of that understanding of the writing craft, of what we do here on these boards, comes with our common passion for Star Wars and for telling a good tale.

When you roleplay, there comes with it a heavy need for common sense and a basic understandings of the workings of this particular format. We've seen, recently, a few blips in the radar between members that could've been avoided. My hope is that in the future, those problems will be. Having color coded text is a great suggestion but nothing that I feel will work in the long run. We should be able to discern for ourselves what information is usable and what information is not.

(I have to go so will cut this short)
    Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  18. Bravo Force Ghost

star 6
    ATTENTION ALL PLAYERS!!!

After taking in the various comments, here is the official and "updated" Intervention Handbook. It addresses the concerns voiced on both sides of the discussion. See the updates underWriting.

As a note, this is not "perfect" by any means, even with an update. I did the best I could. Any questions, comments, or concerns, please ask here in the Rocketjock!

INTERVENTION HANDBOOK

Index:

General
    Policies
    Writing
    Realism
    Force Usage ("Force Chart")

GENERAL

• Links
    1. Game Thread: (RPG; June 2009 to present): Star Wars: Intervention (A storytelling style OT starfighter game)---Always taking new players!
    2. (QUESTIONS? ASK HERE!!!!) OOG Discussion: Rocketjock Eatery (A Star Wars: Intervention OOC/OOG discussion thread)
    3. Library Wiki: Intervention Library Thread (wiki)
    • Game Masters; "Staff"
    1. Game Master: Bravo
    2. Co Game Master: Sith-I-5
    3. Assistant Game Master: Mitth_Fisto
    4. Assistant Game Master / Force Game Master: Coffee_Ninja
    5. Game Master Librarian: CPL_Macja
    • Operational Period
    1. Game Start Date: 06/11/2009
    2. Game End Date: Present
    3. Sequel: Intervention Allegiance (in development)
    • Game Genre
    1. The Mission Impossible RPG / The Fan Fiction RPG (info: How to make and run a RPG (New Gamemasters START HERE!)
    • Timeline (Era)
    1. Start: Galactic Civil War, 1 year B.B.Y. (before Battle of Yavin)
    2. Present: Galactic Civil War, 0 B.B.Y.
    3. End: TBD
    • Game Mode
    1. Within Official Star Wars Canon events (not AU)
    • Player Recruitment
    1. Open (Always taking new players)
    • Game Awards
    1. Best Star Wars RPG (Spring 2010 RPF Awards)
    2. Best GM (Spring 2010 RPF Awards)
    1. Best Star Wars RPG (Winter 2011 RPF Awards)

POLICIES

• DECLARATION OF FOUNDATION (Updated 09/26/2012)

Intervention: Allegiance (COMING SOON!!!), STAR WARS: INTERVENTION (A story-telling style OT starfighter game)---Always taking new players!, Rocketjock Eatery (A Star Wars: Intervention OOC/OOG discussion thread), Library Wiki, and any other past, present, future, open, or locked threads affiliated to Intervention on the Jedi Council Boards (hosted on theforce.net) and any other offsite websites (community boards or otherwise) are founded on the basis and principles of The Holy Bible and the practices and theology found within Christian theology related to The Holy Bible.

As a game, Intervention DOES NOT force, convince, threaten, pressure, bribe, sell, or in any other way take away the freedom of an individual to make their own religious or non-religious choices. As a game, Intervention is dedicated to providing a safe, friendly, and welcoming role playing environment to all who play and or read the game's posts, without infringing upon a individual's rights to choose or not choose a religious, political, or cultural stance.

While Intervention's storyline and various plots may support, make references to, and (or) follow The Holy Bible and Christian theology, no player or staff member in Intervention is required to, convinced to agree to, have to support, or endorse The Holy Bible and (or) Christian theology.

• DECLARATION OF "THE FORCE"(Updated 09/26/2012)

• Rules (Updated 09/26/2012)
    1) No God-moding

2) All major character storylines (storylines that would change the direction of a mission, goal, or the game in a direct manner) must be approved through the Game Master, Co-Game Master, or Assistant Game Master(s)---no exceptions. Character-to-character and or small group character storylines are allowed freely (no approval needed), just keep in mind the above mentioned.

3) Follow all RPF and JC Boards Rules and Polices (RPF Rules)

New!!! 4) All information, resources, data, stats, etc. gathered from another author source other then yourself, MUST be referenced (work cited) accordingly OOG (Out-of-Game) after the IC (In-Character) post is finished to the best of your ability.

5) All player disputes or problems, IC, OOC/OOG, or over Private Message, that violates the Sexual Harassment Policy, Rules of the Jedi Council Forums, or Terms of Service, MUST be reported to the "Game Master" (Bravo) via Private Message, who will then forward it to the "Co-Game Master" (Sith-I-5), "Assistant Game Master" (Mitth_Fisto), and a "RPF Manager". If the "Game Master" (Bravo) is not available, does not respond within 24 hours, or you feel the situation warrants a "RPF Manager"'s attention immediately, please forward any player disputes or problems that violate the above mentioned "Sexual Harassment Policy", "Rules of the Jedi Council Forums", or "Terms of Service" to a "RPF Manager" ASAP. Thank you.

6) Game Master, Co-Game Master, Assistant Game Master(s), and all other "Staff" are restricted to two major or minor or combination of both for NPC (Non-Playable Character) character---good guy or bad guy---and one ADDITIONAL IC (In-Character) character. The additional IC character has NO GM(s) or other "staff" powers, however the NPC(s) may act as a major catalyst to the overall storyline.

7) All tags have a 5 day cap, in which time if a waiting player has not received a response back on a tag, the Game Master, Co-Game Master, Assistant Game Master(s), or "Staff" will have the ability to reply for the in-active player's tag. The action will be carried out by a NPC character or IC character personally ran by GM(s) or other "Staff" (the GM(s) and other "Staff" cannot use someone else's IC character to accomplish this task).

8) Out-Of-Game (OOG) / Out-Of-Character (OOC) is allowed. No OOG/OOC (Out-of-Game/Out-of-Character) information is allowed in In-Character (IC).

9) You’re character cannot suddenly go from having no Force powers to having Force powers, unless GM(s) approved.

10) YOU BETTER HAVE FUN!

• Timeline
    1. Intervention is based in the Star Wars canon universe between Star Wars: A New Hope, Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, and Star Wars: Return of the Jedi. Any AU (Alternate Universe) of those movies is strictly forbidden in Intervention; any other Star Wars EU (Expanded Universe) in between or within the timeline of these 3 Star Wars movies that is approved by Lucasfilm and (or) it's various Divisions cannot be altered by AU (Alternate Universe) either. in Intervention.
    2. Intervention works "around" and (or) "in between" Star War cannon approved events within the Star Wars Galaxy. In respect to that, Intervention tries to make an engaging role playing experience while involving the Star Wars Galaxy canon events in our game.

• Copyrights, etc. (Updated 09/26/2012)
    "Intervention" and all other threads on "Jedi Council Boards" hosted on theforce.net and any and all offsite web sites are subject to the Rules of the Jedi Council Forums and the Terms of Service of the same. Furthermore, "Intervention" and all game threads recognize that Star Wars is the creation and copyright of Geroge Lucas (Lucasfilm, Ltd) and we, as "Intervention," understand that all of our work in George Lucas' "Star Wars" galaxy as a fan-based Role Playing Game is subject to any and all freedoms and restrictions that George Lucas and or Lucasfilm, Ltd so chooses to put on us.

Lastly, understanding that we, "Intervention," operate under the good graces of George Lucas and or Lucasfilm, Ltd in the "Star Wars" galaxy, do so with knowledge that any copying or references to any "Star Wars" material is under "Fair Use". Furthermore, "Intervention" players and staff are implored to make references and give credit to any and all creations not their own that they incorporate from outside sources into the game threads.

• Characters Sheets (Referenced from the old Jedi Council Forums' RPF before "The Move" in 2012)
    Name:
    Species:
    Homeworld:
    Affiliation:

Personality
    ---Traits:
    ---Habits:

Appearance
    ---Skin Color:
    ---Hair Color:
    ---Eye Color:
    ---Clothing:
    ---Other Attributes:
    ---Other Details:
    Weapons:

Starship
    ---Name:
    ---Class:
    ---Hyperdrive Class:
    ---Weapon(s):
    ---Shields:
    ---Sublight Speed:
    ---Crew:
    ---Passenger(s):
    ---Max Cargo (kg):
    ---Interior Description:
    ---Other Details:

The Force
    ---Sensitivity:
    ---Religion:
    ---Lightsaber
    -----Crystal(s):
    -----Blade(s):
    -----Color(s):
    -----Handle Description(s):
    ---Force Abilities:
    ---Force Weakness:
    ---Other Force Object(s):

Biography
    ---Personal History:

---Military History:

---Traumatic Experiences:

• Out-of-Game vs. In-Character information
    1. Any and all information posted or obtained otherwise OOG (Out-of-Game) regarding present or future IC (In-Character) actions in Intervention is prohibited to be used in any way, shape, or form in any Intervention titled game.
    2. Out-of-Game can be used interchangeably with OOC (Out-of-Character)

• In-Character Posting

1) Titles

Any In-Character post in Intervention should start with the following:

2) Additional Titles

OOG: Hey all, this is my first time here! Hope to have fun! [Out-of-Game comment]

3) Tags

"Tags" are used to alert other players to respond to your post(s). All "Tags" should be in Bold capital letters. Examples are:

TAG: Mitth_Fisto, Bravo, Coffee

or

TAG: ALL

or

TBC [To Be Continued

4) The Whole Post

( Bravo, Sep 16, 2012 at 12:10 AM) OOG: Jason Lasso, my personal character, may be out of the loop for a little bit. I need to get him ready for Allegiance (and also tell part of the overall story through him for this game), but the only way to do that realistically without god-moding, is to do it without god-moding, which means time. So if you see "No Tag" with Jason Lasso, it's because of those reasons above. Jason Lasso will be showing up again ASAP. I would say that if anyone else wants to do this, to please PM me first to ask for permission. I generally don't like no tags unless it's for reflection posts, etc. Lasso will be part of telling the overall storyline, so please allow that mercy on his behalf.

If I missed any tags, please let me know. My fiancee, a close and dear friend of mine, and I just spent 4 hours cleaning my apartment that my roommate left trashed. That wasn't the plan and without my buddy's help, my fiancee and I would have been cleaning this whole weekend inside the apartment. To say the least, I am still de-stressing over roommate problem that has been a problem since before May of this year and has cost a lot of money to endure through.

And I'm tired, too. :p

IC: Jim Palso
    Air Locked connecting ramp, Delicate Delinquent

Palso was a smuggler, not a cargo fetcher. But, the Corellian smuggler swallowed his own pride for the sake of the paycheck...and to find his brother. Jim was starting to wonder if anyone cared about Jason Lasso missing...because no one has mentioned a Sithing thing about it yet! Once in the meeting earlier, oh fun. But not even a pipe of concern after that! But, the smuggler reasoned, once these cryo weapons were delivered, with the Hunk of Junk and his droids already aboard the Delicate Delinquent, the smuggler figured he might just cut his losses and go find his brother on his own.

Guiding the hover sled through the boarding ramp connection tube between the Authority and Delicate Delinquent, Palso emptied out into the main hanger where he saw a bunch of colorful space cowboys walking off a shuttle towards a group of normal looking people.

Did someone not tell the colorful looking space cowboys that the costume contest was next week?

Shaking his head at the vast differences of alien races and their cultures in the galaxy, Palso wondered if he could pick out a younger version of someone he met years later when he stumbled across the Kingdom of Jod?

For some reason Jim noticed as he pushed the hover sled forward, none of the colorful looking space cowboys or the normal people wanted to help him. What did they want, an invite with sparkles and their own personal audio song?

"You have to understand, our team brought the vessel in. We didn't take the time to explore, so we have no idea where the barracks and cabins are yet. We have techs checking the Imperial droids for hstile programming or trackers, and once they pass the tests, we can have droids guiding the new crew about" Vestor led the way out the hangar, "Have your pilots move that shuttle to the side of the hangar; we need to leave room for the next one."

"Before we start moving anything around," Jim said as he wiped sweat off his brow; hover sleds were great when they worked 100%; but that "100%" wasn't always working 100% of the time, "Why don't we find out where these Imperial space bunnies are at so we can freeze them? You try hauling around one hundred of these rifles plus fulfillment tanks. It's a Hutt's sister of a job!"

Tag Sith

WRITING

• Standard
    1. Intervention holds a "standard" of writing; Intervention asks that you write to the best of your ability, age, and (or) education level.
    2. This "standard" is to ensure a enjoyable, well written, and educational written role playing game experience for all players, staff, and outside readers (not playing in the game) involved.
    3. To quote Liam_Vehn,

Intervention holds that players should try to the best of their abilities, to the extent that other obligations outside of role playing restrict them to, to spend a reasonably adequate amount of time to read other players' posts to generate quality responses to tags. If this means you need to post a Out-of-Game (OOG) comment in the game thread or in the Rocketjock to explain a delay in responding to a tag so you can thoroughly read through another player's post before responding, please do. All reasonable and realistic attempts by all staff and players to thoroughly read and respond to tags in a thoughtful way should be made; this includes reading the small details about what other players should or should not know, can or cannot do.

Staff members are given permission to void part or parts of any post to uphold this quality standard in tags, to make the game fair and enjoyable to all (Staff must make reference to the Intervention Handbook policy OOG when the void is used). We all understand that life happens (a bad night, the kids are sick, you are sick, college, etc.); so no, the staff will not be going void happy on anyone. Voids are used strictly as a last resort (with a consistent problem lasting more then a month, with repeated communication from the staff to the player/staff about the issue) to help ensure the quality and enjoyability of Intervention to all. Voids should be a form of constructive criticism and aim to improve post quality and the enjoyability of the player or staff in question of getting a part or parts of a post voided. Staff doing the voids are instructed to help the player or players involved with the struggling tag responses.; this means as simple as posting a helpful hint in the Rocketjock: "Next time, try this..." or "I like your approach, have you tried doing this next time..." etc. It is the responsibility of the player or staff involved with struggling tag responses to ask for help either over Private Message (PM) or the Rocketjock. Players and staff of Intervention will be more then happy to help anyone learn, understand, and grow in written role playing games.

In light of this information, no color coded system for known or not known, can or can't do, information or actions is required in Intervention.

4. In light of #3 listed above, please note that any player or staff member in Intervention can request to be mentored (aka "study under") by another player or staff member in the game to help ensure quality writing in tag responses. Once Bravo has been notified of such a pairing, the staff of Intervention will be informed over Private Message (PM) and issues in the questioned posts will be looked at with more flexibility of understanding by the staff, even if it is a consistent problem, to help the pairing improve the player or staff member's post quality. In short, less voids, even for consistent problems.

REALISM

• Characters
    1. Intervention asks that you role play any and all in-character or non-playable characters under your direct or temporary control to the best of your ability; this includes posting realistic character actions, movements, injuries and or deaths to other player controlled In-Character or Non-Playable Characters' actions; and that any and all information your character should or should not have based on experience gained in game, character sheets, in-game development, and other character and game factors.
    • Starships, vehicles, and or vessels
    1. Intervention asks that you role play, modify, and (or) build any starhips, vehicles, and (or) vessels realistically, meaning that you obey realistic role playing movements against you by another player and that your mode of transportation thus mentioned above is equal to any known Star Wars canon-approved data, stats, and (or) information. References (work cited) must be listed to reference ship data, stats, and (or) information.
    • Other Game Situations
    1. Intervention asks that you, in any and all situations that arise in-character in Intervention, is posted to the best of your ability to uphold realism, Star Wars canon material, and to avoid any accidental or intentional god-moding. If you have questions regarding realism or other Star Wars material, please ask in our Rocketjock Eatery (A Star Wars: Intervention OOC/OOG discussion thread) before posting in-character.
    • Voids and Edits
    1. The Staff has the ability to void part and or parts of posts (with references to the Intervention Handbook policy OOG when the void is used) that violate this Realism policy to maintain game quality and fairness; this is not done out of malice, vengeance, and (or) abuse of Staff powers. Any such concerns of Staff abuse of privileges should be forwarded to Game Master Bravo for further review and action.

FORCE USAGE ("Force Chart")

• Please see REALISM section to add additional information sources to how to use Force-based characters.
    • If you have a question about a Force ability or other Force usage, please private message (PM) Coffee_Ninja for assistance. The staff is here to help you, not be a management burden to you, so please use us!
    • Coffee_Ninja and Bravo have the ability to void part and or parts of posts (with references to the Intervention Handbook policy OOG when the void is used) that violate this Force Usage policy to maintain game quality and fairness; this is not done out of malice, vengeance, and (or) abuse of Staff powers. Any such concerns of Staff abuse of privileges should be forwarded to Game Master Bravo or other Staff for further review and action.

• Force Ranking System (aka Force Abilities Chart)

Note: This system is not completed yet and is in development.

[Taken and edited from "Levels," see below] In terms of Intervention, we are NOT a Jedi vs. Sith game; we are only using Jedi titles (Padawan, Knight, Master) as a reference to our game's use of the Force and the staff's ability to maintain control and to avoid god-modding. In light of that information, Intervention is not activity seeking to promote a "leveling" system for players to become Knights and Masters in an Original Trilogy environment where Luke Skywalker, Yoda, and Obi-Wan were seen (from the movies) as the only surviving Jedi after Order 66. In short, we are respecting the creativity of the movies that George Lucas created and respecting those boundaries he established in the movies and will not have a host of fully trained Jedi Knights and Jedi Masters running around a post Order 66 and Galactic Empire controlled Star Wars Galaxy.

References: Information for the below Force Ranking System was gathered from the STAR WARS movies (the six original movies, including DVD releases, Episode One, The Phantom Menace through to Episode Six, Return of the Jedi), Jedi vs. Sith: The Essential Guide to the Force (book), and Wookieepedia (website).

DECLARATION OF The Force

Game Master's Note: Due to the events of Order 66, the disbanded Jedi Order from Revenge of the Sith (movie), and the fact that The Mercs are a mercenary outfit and not a Jedi Academy, the below listed Force abilities are designed to reflect a rougher Jedi training. Luke Skywalker's training under Yoda in The Empire Strikes Back (movie) and Luke's Jedi Praxeum and the early aspects of the New Jedi Order during the Yuuzhan Vong War can be used as examples of this training.

Unless otherwise stated (i.e. being listed as LOCKED), the listed information under Jedi Initiate and some information under Padawan can be assumed to be either mastered or in development by the character(s) in question.

Levels

Each skill or ability on the Force Ranking System will have either a 1,2, or 3 level by it. Simply put, Level 1 is where all players with the Force will start in STAR WARS: Intervention and Intervention: Allegiance, unless otherwise stated by Bravo or Coffee_Ninja. Exceptions to this rule are the "Jedi Liaison(s)" listed in the Current Roster.

Level One is Padawan

Level Two is Jedi Knight

Level Three is Jedi Master

All Levels refers to a basic or universal ability that all can master, regardless of level of training.

Special Abilities ("SP") refers to, as an example, a Level Two power being gifted to a Level One player (see note)
    Note: Each Force-based character in Intervention: Allegiance may have one special ability that he or she excels at or is a focus of study. For those powers already listed under Level One, any power selected as a "SP" or "Special Ability" will be upgraded to Level Two with that power. Each player is given three Special Powers, one for Level One, Two, and Three.

While the levels denote a ranking within the old Jedi Order, in reference to the above "Game Master Note," achievement of a particular level does not grant one the ability to hold the title of said title if one is only a Master in one particular field of training, but a Jedi Knight or Jedi Padawan in other areas of study. The achievement of "Jedi Knight," for example, will only be completed upon all levels being at Level Two.

In terms of Intervention, we are NOT a Jedi vs. Sith game; we are only using the above titles as a reference to our game's use of the Force and the staff's ability to maintain control and to avoid god-modding. In light of that information, Intervention is not activity seeking to promote a "leveling" system for players to become Knights and Masters in an Original Trilogy environment where Luke Skywalker, Yoda, and Obi-Wan were seen (from the movies) as the only surviving Jedi after Order 66. In short, we are respecting the creativity of the movies that George Lucas created and respecting those boundaries he established in the movies and will not have a host of fully trained Jedi Knights and Jedi Masters running around a post Order 66 and Galactic Empire controlled Star Wars Galaxy.

Force Abilities Chart

LEVEL ONE:

Control

Sense

Battle Precognition (Blink only)

-Force Pull/Push
    -Force Throw
    -Force Grip
    -Force Repulse
    Jedi Mind Trick (Force Persuasion only)

Special Abilities
    Note: You may choose one special ability to use per Level. Max three special abilities, one for Level One, Two, and Three.

Lightsaber Combat
    Note: You may choose one combat style (except for Form I which is already mastered) below to be training in. Not all forms listed, due to the difficulty to obtain particular fighting style as listed by Jedi vs. Sith: The Essential Guide to the Force (book).

Form I (Shii-Cho) ("All Levels" Mastered)
    Form VI (Niman) (taught by Jedi Order during / around Clone Wars)
    Last edited by Bravo, Sep 28, 2012
  19. Bravo Force Ghost

star 6
    Falcon, that song you posted a link to... [face_rofl]

THAT was G-R-E-A-T! [face_rofl]
  20. Falcon Chosen One

star 8
    I look forward to seeing how Jeth reacts but for Kasumis reaction

[face_laugh] yeah thats what I was looking for and I know at least three more just as annoying songs :p
    Last edited by JediFalcon, Sep 28, 2012
  21. Sith-I-5 Force Ghost

star 5
    Bravo, should you feel the need to post all that a third time, you can add, at the start, a link for the Library thread on here. Shame you deleted a lot of that stuff, since it was much more accessible for me than the Wiki version.
  22. Bravo Force Ghost

star 6
    Sith, I have links in my sig. Until the mods and admin fix the truncated problem, any edits I make to the start of the thread here will be deleted when the threads are fixed. So it's a waiting game sadly.
  23. Sith-I-5 Force Ghost

star 5
    Truncated issue should not affect new posts, I understand. But anyway...posted.

Atin, Ayres, Herc, Circuit and C.T. are responded to.
  24. Bravo Force Ghost

star 6
    Do we want to re post the Rocketjock? Make it more current for our needs? I would keep the wiki Library separate, because I think CPL is doing a wonderful job and I love the layout. However, I can re post the highlights from the old Library thread in the new RJ. Thoughts?
  25. CPL_Macja Force Ghost

star 5
    I for one would love for you to relaunch the library here. I have been using it as source information for the Wiki.
Moderators: Penguinator, Ramza