main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Rocketjock Eatery (A Star Wars: Intervention OOC/OOG discussion thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Bravo, Apr 5, 2011.

1. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Don't re-post the Rocketjock; this is fine as it is.

Having a Library Thread for Intervention on the Boards is almost a necessity. I need somewhere to refer to the layout of the Johnny Boy, and remind myself of people's character sheets, pics, and all the Jod uniform combinations. You cleared it down for Allegiance, but I think that was a mistake.

Penguinator likes this.
  2. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    When I said here, I meant here in the JCF not the OOC/OOG Thread

3. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Okay, so do we want to relaunch the library thread (that is still active as far as I know) and keep the wiki page? Is that everyone's thoughts?

EDIT: Just checked the Library thread. Problem. Data on the front page is missing and photos are missing. If I go in to edit it all, when the boards get fixed, I'll loose all of those edits. So, do we want to make a new Library Thread here (if we lock the old one and Mods allow it)?

4. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    What I would like to know, is if the Mods are able to enter posts and simply change the IMAGE command to IMG (or vice versa), as that is the reason our former pics are missing - as I worked out on the Adoptions thread. Xenforo's markup is slightly different to the one we used to use.

5. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Well, Sith, I supposed they (the mods) could. But our two road blocks are that they warn against any edits for the truncated threads...and will they devote that time to Intervention when they have a whole board to get up and running? I'm all for us trying, I'm just wworried about the realistic ability of this during this time for the mods. Thoughts?

6. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Coffee, Mitth, Falcon, you are free to return to the SWOJ anytime. Any Imperial threats in the area are neutralized.

Any future posts---until otherwise stated---concerning Jason Lasso with the King's Army are based (parts of the storyline, characters, background story, etc.) off of the following books and a story I wrote many, many years ago (not mentioned, since the floppy disks it was on are long out of date of use):

Look Away (Harold Coyle; 1995)
    Until the End (Harold Coyle; 1996)
    The 83rd Pennsylvania Volunteers in the Civil War (Michael Schellhammer; 2003)
    History of the Eighty-Third Regiment Pennsylvania Volunteers (Amos M. Judson; 1865, 1986)

I have included the following YouTube videos to give everyone a feel of what the American Civil War was like. A reenactment, "The Battle of Cedar Creek 2011" is awesome and I recommend everyone take the 12 minutes out of their day to see it! This is one of my dreams to do one day, an American Civil War reenactment, and this YouTube video is amazing! The "Gettysburg 145th DVD" is the best one and would give you the best accurate description of American Civil War warfare. Also the last one, the Cavalry one, is very accurate as well.

7. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Please don't go reposting this thread - I believe we have unlimited edit times now, so if you're having trouble with images, it should be under your control. I was also under the impression you had a library thread - am I mistaken?

As to some issues concerning RPing a page or two back, we have some fantastic guides on RPing tagged at the top of either forum ready and waiting for your perusal.

8. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    I didn't think we were talking about reposting this thread. The thread I was speaking of was our old library thread.

9. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Indeed. Old and currently defunct by truncation errors.

10. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Haven't the edit times been returned to 90 minutes now that we are on the permanent boards?

Hello...looks like we have been given unlimited edits again. In the first instance then, if I can remember having any reference pics on this thread, I should be able to re-instate them!

11. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    wait you're just noticing that now? I've known it was back for at least three weeks now.

12. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    I'm just noticing this as well [face_blush]

13. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Yes, Peng, we do have a Library Thread. But the truncated errors have overtaken it. So instead of taking up the Mods times, we're wondering if we can just lock it and post a new Library Thread. Your thoughts?

Option B, Peng, is to lock the old Library Thread and just bring everything into the Rocketjock (we would have to lock this Rocketjock and re post it anew). So, have the first half of the new Rocketjock be a Library Thread (with just basic info, since we have a Wiki in construction), then the rest of it be a regular OOG thread as the Rocketjock is now. I like option B, since it brings Intervention into 2 threads instead of 3 and takes up less board space from other games. Our separate Wiki would function as our full-fledged game library. Your thoughts?

14. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    My posts, even over the weekend, were not editable after ninety minutes. You might have noticed my abandoned Placeholder post in the game thread; I wouldn't have left that if the "edit" function had been available.

Been going through earlier Rocketjock posts looking to re-instate images, and I am reposting this for easier access.

I am going to note the King-class battleship details, here, for easy access. Same with that Mid-Rim map, later.

15. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    The truncation issue is temporary - we're working on it, though sadly no estimated date is in sight for when we'll have that solved.

My main concern is that there seems to be a ton of rebooting of these threads - a lot of the info also seems to be present in other locations already. If you guys want to do this, that's cool - let me know when you want something locked and I'll get to it ASAP. Keep in mind the provisos about library and OOC discussion threads, is all. :)

16. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Peng, what would adhere to the OOC / Library policy better? Combining the two or just starting a new Library Thread and keeping the Rocketjock as it is?

I figure a Library retro / OOG thread would be nice, since we don't need a full-fledged Library Thread anymore. But, whatever works best for the RPF, works for Intervention. :) I just want to make sure if we do the retro, that we get can get unlimited edit times in the OOC thread, so as to update the Library Thread when needed.

17. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    If you're using the wiki for library stuff, that's fine - would you even need to reboot your OOC discussion thread at that point?

18. Intervention

Intervention Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 1, 2012
    Hey all, this Bravo. The boards would not allow me to use Pennsylvania_Yankee for some strange reason...the username is there, but it is denying me access to even change the password. Strange, very strange. Well, problem solved. Welcome to our new----and much easier to recognize now---Game Master sock.

19. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Until the Wiki is up and running fully, some want the Library Thread up-to-date as a reference. Others want both a Library Thread and the Wiki, while others just want the old Library Thread. I'm trying to reach a common ground until the wiki is completed: have a basic details Library Thread for ship specs and other information, while the Wiki is the in-depth Library Thread for everything else. So yes, in order to make 3 threads into 2 threads, we would need to reboot the Rocketjock. If not, then we just lock the old Library Thread thread and start anew with a shorter version.

20. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Edit time in the RPF proper is, of course, 90 minutes, as it always was. It's only in the RPR that we allow unlimited.

21. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Sith: I was talking about the Role playing resources not the Role playing forum.

Edit: Nice post Bravo, had to read through it twice because of the amount of information. Looks like hell has broken lose with the Kingdom of Jod. Looking forward to the continuation of the story.

22. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    "Halt there stranger," Said one of the soldiers, "What's your business here?"

Jim looked between the two soldiers, "Well, either I'm a wandering spacer from the Javin Bucket, a Imperial spy dressed like a smuggler ready to kill you all, or I'm part of this little Merc and Jod journey down the yellow brick road. Now, which one do you think it is?"

Both soldiers looked at each other, "We ain't told of anybody coming down here," Responded the other soldier.

"Ah," Jim said, "So, who's in charge here?" Both of the soldiers pointed to the other, "Well, that explains a lot."

"About what?"

"Nothing. Don't worry about it, it would probably fly right over your heads."

"What would fly over our heads?"

"My point exactly," Jim responded.

Jim scarely enough is reminding me of one of my co-workers, [face_laugh] loved this part.

23. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    I will be posxtingbefore midnight

24. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Thanks Falcon. You gave me motivation to post again tonight. Madden 2013 was calling my name, but you won. :)

Understood CPL. Although I think it's posting, not posxting. J/K Had to give you grief over it. :p We don't talk about my spelling errors...it just wouldn't be gentlemen like, you see?

25. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    Sorry I was sending that with my phone while I was driving. So yes I messed it up :p