main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Rocketjock Eatery (A Star Wars: Intervention OOC/OOG discussion thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Bravo, Apr 5, 2011.

1. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Good posts, everyone! Some good quality this week.

Bravo, good post. So, um. where did Taller get the legs?

Delicate Delinquent sit' report

Parked below the Javin Bucket, connected by a pressure tube running from the Bucket's lower hull, to the breached dome on our interdictor.
    There are Mercs walking through the tube, though mostly at the Delinquent' end by now. To pull away now would create a hull breach aboard both cruisers, and kill everyone left in the tube.
    There are also five shuttles worth of ex-Block residents waiting to dock with the interdictor. Ayres is in place to admit the first, and Cradmoon and Sil are working to prep for the second. We also need at least one shuttle with ground vehicles and weapons; some of those trainers the Authority promised us; and we have a flight of Jod ARC-170s to bring aboard too.

2. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    Goes back and rereads Bravo's post. Whoa, completely missed that. So where did Taller get legs from?

3. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Doctors, you never know when they will mysteriously heal you :p

[​IMG]

4. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Yea...legs...ah a mistake... :oops:

5. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Well, using Mitth's pic above, are you going to say Russell Cooke gave Taller one of his regenerations?

Anyone else have trouble remembering whether to look for old posts in the Temp Boards, or this one?

I'm going to have to look up the last Master Hank post, as I'm pretty sure Yav thinks Taller is on some touring medical ship, not on the Johnny Boy.

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  6. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Sith, the touring medical ship deposited a team of doctors to the Johnny Boy to heal Taller (then they left). Hence why Taller stayed with his ship. :)

7. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Oh, right.

8. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    The song and video I posted in the game thread are from Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War.

So for anyone who has access to a PlayStation 2 still these days, I highly suggest buying Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War. It is one of the most emotional storylines I've ever played in my life. It's one of those games that sticks with you for your whole life. The following 3 Ace Combat games (PS2 and XBox 360) never came close to matching Ace Combat 5's storyline.

9. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Those were two intense posts Bravo. Wow =D=

10. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Working on a post, but I need sleep now.

I hope the Johnny Boy has tractors, because the interdictor doesn't.

11. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    I had an opportunity to work on the wiki today... 'fixed' Russel Cook's article and added Winterkills' page

Sent from a Galaxy far away via R2-N6

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  12. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Falcon, thank you!

Sith, yes, the Johnny Boy has tractor beams.

CPL, good work buddy!

13. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    My research tonight (for my latest post) into Planetary Nebula has me quite confused. I don't know if it is possible to even have a star ship within distance of this type of nebula, let alone inside of the nebula, since according to the Asymptotic Giant Branch, there is a forming star within the nebula (yet, according to Planetary Nebula, a Planetary Nebula is at the end of a star's life, during the Red Giant phrase). Anyone more science-tuned then me to understand the Asymptotic Giant Branch information, my main source of confusion?

14. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Okay-dokey, first up, the glowing yellow thing in our sky is a star. When it stops glowing yellow, it does not suddenly stop being a star, it becomes another type of star.

The reference to evolving stars in the AGB does not mean a brand new star being born from scratch, but one type of star being formed from another type. So, for instance, the Red Giant type of star used to be the glowy yellow version earlier in its life.

As a rule of thumb, I am very much against starships hiding inside suns, though I generally don't mind them and space stations hiding inside nebulaes. Whatever you are thinking of though, with planetary nebulaes, I would knock that idea on the head.

Second paragraph in the Planetary Nebula reads, The mechanism for formation of most planetary nebulae is thought to be the following: at the end of the star's life, during the red giant phase, the outer layers of the star are expelled via pulsations and strong stellar winds. Without these opaque layers, the hot, luminous core emits ultraviolet radiation that ionizes[2] the ejected outer layers of the star. This energized shell radiates as a planetary nebula.

To my layman's eye, anything that ionises, would have the same effect on ship shields as an ion cannon, eg. knocking them out, and being without shields anywhere around this lot, you may as well just roll the game credits now.

15. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Posted.

Sweet.

:)

16. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    According to most scifi sources... flying into a nebula will knock out shields, mess with sensors, and mask several other hazards.

Sith-I-5 how many people are there on the bridge of the delinquent?

17. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Apart from your Mac, four:

Jod Technician Flavin - adult male human - red top, black trousers, various Kingdom of Jod logos and name patches
    Samantha Irisa - teenage-looking female human - white short-sleeved t-shirt, black skirt, blonde pony-tail
    Chief Engineer Tim Williams - sixty-year old human male. Merc. Bright orange jumpsuit, unkempt grey hair and beard
    C.T. - Jango clone, in robes.

Bridge is small version of star destroyer bridge. Low ceiling, not well lit, four main consoles with seats, and a captain's chair in front. No crew pits.

18. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    So, I hid the ship in a not so good spot. Hmm...GM fixy powers or roll with my ill-informed decision and see what ionizes stuff does to a King-class Battleship? Hmm...just roll with the ill-informed decision. It's funner that way. :D

19. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    I'm wondering if I can have Wolf stand down in the hangar bay with men just on the outside chance there are storm troopers still on the Johnny Boy for when you bring the Johnny Boy onto the Delicate Delinquent?

20. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Here we go again :p

21. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Heads up all. Coffee and I have run into computer problems for the weekend (we hope to have it resolved by Monday). Both Mitth_Fisto and Sith-I-5 have been given instructions as staff in the meantime. Please follow their leadership.

Thank You and God Bless,

Jason

22. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    I shall follow myself to the ends of the earth until you return. *Smartly salutes* Sir!

Now Wait a minute. . .this thought goes there, then this one goes here, now how did I end up with that spare part?
    *Points at Sith* Or ya know, that guy. [face_beatup]

23. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    It is my understanding that a Marauder-class corvette, of which the Johnny Boy is one, won't fit aboard the 'Delinquent.

We do need Wolf in the hangar bay though.

Oh, I see. A completely unrelated penny just dropped. Taller's reference to tractor beams must be based on my constant attempts to find a tractor beam operator for the DD. The ship had internal ones for moving things around the hangars, and for dropping TIEs out into space, and retrieving them, but does not have tractors on the hull, otherwise I expect the West End Games' Sourcebooks that I use, would have mentioned them.

24. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    I think I got a weird impression from a couple of posts that they were hoping to tractor beam the Johnny Boy aboard the DD. But you're actually talking about towing the Johnny Boy instead?

anyways thanks for clearing that up. I wanted to make sure before I wrote up the post

25. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    Is the Delinquent an Immobilizer 418 cruiser or an Interdictor-class Star Destroyer?