main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Rocketjock Eatery (A Star Wars: Intervention OOC/OOG discussion thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Bravo, Apr 5, 2011.

1. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    Try photobucket

Sent from a Galaxy far away via R2-N6

2. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Photobucket? I use that for my photos. Never really absorbed that I could upload videos.

3. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    All kinds of media can be stored there

4. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    I still hate Facebook. Or maybe it's the cross between Facebook and other web page technology. But it posted. Without the music.

Intervention:Allegiance Video.

Play the music: Blurry (which is supposed to be attached to the video, but won't for copyright reasons).

EDIT: If people are having trouble logging into Facebook, let me know. I made the video through Windows Live. If anyone has a Windows Live account, I can email it to you.

I've never used Youtube or Photobucket before...

5. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Posted.

And now...sleep.

6. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Bravo, I have photobucket and an account on YouTube. But I do not have Windows Live. If you can email it to me I might be able to load it for you so long as it doesn't need any tweeking on my end.

7. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    says content is unavailable.

8. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Posted. Sith-I-5 for some reason it wouldn't let me tag you in my post. [face_dunno] But it will here.

That can be considered Taab's post as well even though he didn't do much but announce that they are there. I figured the post was long enough with just Atin's flashback. ;)

[​IMG]

9. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
  10. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    Can you please make it available for mobile viewing

11. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    It won't allow me to do that, CPL. Any suggestions on how I fix that? I tried "Advanced Settings" and it's not giving me an option by the mobile phone box.

My only thought was the fact that the movie was blocked from Germany. I don't know why, but Germany won't air Puddle of Mudd's "Blurry" song and has blocked the video.

12. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    Not YouTube savvy enough to speak to that without researching

13. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    That was a pretty awesome vid!!! Hmm, I'll see what I can find out about the mobile viewing issue. I've heard of it before.

On your Youtube homepage, go to the lower right, click on "help box", enter 'mobile devices', click search box, then click on the fourth line.
    I hope this helps.

Common Questions About Distribution Settings

On July 11, 2012, YouTube’s distribution settings will be updated so videos can be viewed on a larger number of devices, which include mobile phones, tablets and internet enabled televisions. This allows a more consistent viewing experience across these devices, as well as a way to reach a larger audience for your monetized videos.
    How have the distribution settings changed?
    In our previous distribution model, the choices for viewing videos were limited to either allowing videos to be viewed only on the desktop version of the YouTube website, or making them available on the desktop, mobile phones and TV. Our new model allows you to select the option to make your videos available on all platforms or monetized platforms only. The distribution setting will be found in the same place as the previous settings in the video's Metadata Editor. To access the Editor, go to your Video Manager, find the video that needs new settings, and click the Edit button. Here are a few additional notes regarding distribution:
    • Users who are not monetizing partners cannot change the distribution setting in the Advanced Settings tab of Video Manager.
    • If a user's video is a claimed video, the distribution setting of the claimant, not the user, will apply.
    • If a user's video is a video with a claim to the music contained within that video, the distribution setting of the claimant, not the user, will apply to the video.
    What is the difference between monetized platforms and all platforms?
    The following platforms are examples of platforms we consider monetized:
    • www.youtube.com
    • YouTube native app on Android
    • YouTube native app on Xbox
    • YouTube native app on GoogleTV
    • YouTube on TV (only for newer versions)
    In addition to the monetized platforms mentioned above, all platforms include but are not limited to the following:
    • YouTube native app on iPhone, iPad
    • YouTube app on Apple TV
    • YouTube legacy app on Wii ("XL")
    • YouTube API-based legacy feature phones and TVsM
    In some cases the YouTube mobile website (m.youtube.com) - please see examples below:
    • Monetized platform: YouTube mobile website (m.youtube.com) accessed from Android or iOS mobile browser
    • Examples of some non-monetized platforms: YouTube mobile website (m.youtube.com) accessed from a mobile device that is not Android or iOS (eg - Windows Mobile, Palm, Blackberry, Nokia).

14. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Thank you Grey. :)

CPL, judging from what Grey posted, do you have the app for Youtube? It's still not giving me the option to change it on my end. :(

Game Master Notice:

I am starting on the Prologue for Allegiance. I will post a rough draft before it goes final for the second game (at least the parts that aren't spoilers ;)) . With that said, I will be posting a Prologue that involves all current Intervention players; once the rough draft is posted---or if you do not want your character mentioned in the epilogue---please let me know. I will only made edits to the Prologue based on 3 reasons:

1) You want your character(s) removed from it; i.e. you don't want the Game Master using your character(s) for the epilogue (consent is otherwise implied without you telling me)

2) I misrepresented your character(s) in some way

3) I misrepresented a timeline or key story point in the epilogue

The Prologue is merely a starting off point to get the players and any other RPers reading the game a introduce to the Mercs (aka the Guardians). It does not have an effect on In-Character game play once the game starts.

Any questions, comments, concerns? :confused:

EDIT:

In regards to the Prologue, I need all players to post in here the following:

1) Starfighter type and paint scheme

2) Type of droid with starfighter and name of droid (R2 unit, etc.)

3) Flight suit color scheme

The sooner I get these, the better; I'm working on the Prologue, tags, and posts all day tomorrow.

15. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    X-wing - The design was a basic deep mine black, the reptiles head was a mix between a Bogga and an Arkanian dragon, all teath and beak lashing out of the darkness from underneath the cockpit, as if from the depths, with the long sinuous neck wrapping around the body of the craft to have the mouth opened just forward of the cockpit. A starfield of blood red speckled expanse blazed infront of that head. Each droplet a kill, each thick strip around a blood marked siluote of a craft a kill, each strip through others denoted a doubling of the shown number. All in all the nose of his craft left little open blackness.
    R2 unit designation Black Glove, or Glove for short

Green baggy flight suit with standard flak vest and gear.

16. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Thank you Mitth. :)

Okay, below is what I have so far for Allegiance's prologue.. Just a rough draft. Thoughts? Comments? Concerns? Requests? It's not done yet, far from it. But it introduces readers to the whole cast without clothing details and other information yet.

I'll keep posting non-spoiler updates to get everyone's advice and in-put in it with your characters.

Prologue
    Expansion Regions, 3 A.B.Y. (before Battle of Hoth)
    Captain Fress Colias sighed as she looked at the blackness of deep space, speckled with distant stars. They had been waiting here, using only minimum power for the systems and using minimum fuel by using their thrusters to stay in formation, for the last 30 minutes. In fact, everything had been so “minimum” that Fress had started to wrap her arms tightly around her body to keep herself warm.

With her sat two other X-Wing starfighters, like hers. One belonged to her trusted friend, Flight Lieutenant Kasumi, while the other belonged to Fress’ pain in her rear end, Flight Lieutenant Jason Lasso.

For a moment, Fress shook her head in amazement at what had transpired since they had all last been together on a mission 3 years ago today. That also reminded her that today was Alderaan’s 3 year anniversary of destruction at the hands of the Death Star’s super laser as well…a reminder that gave her fuel to see the Empire destroyed ever more.

Pushing past Alderaan’s hurtful memory, the young human female looked to her right: Kasumi. The Jedi had, by experience and verture of being one of the last remaining Jedi in the galaxy, all the reason to be the next Captain. And it still, sometimes at least, boggled her why Captain Taller had picked her and not Kasumi as the next Squadron Leader. After all, Kasumi was the official Jedi Knight among them; and the former Squadron Leader, Havah Jeth, seemed to get along with the Jedi more than Fress it seemed most days. Plus, the best Fress could muster was “close to Jedi Knight,” at least when compared to Kasumi. Compared to others, Fress was certain she had a step above your average Force-sensitive farm boy from Tatooine. Maybe, as Fress had always concluded in her thoughts, it must had been her experience in that awful war known as the Clone Wars over two decades ago now that had given her that flight experience and command experience that maybe Kasumi, as a Jedi Padawan during the Clone Wars, didn’t get as much of.

Either way, whether she was leading Kasumi or following behind her, Fress was glad to have someone like Kasumi with her: loyal, calm headed, smart. She could rely on the female Jedi…unlike their other comrade-in-arms of the other X-Wing with them.

Looking to her left, Fress observed Jason Lasso; the young woman swore that if God had a sense of humor to torture her in this life time, it was this man. He was about as selfish and rogue as a bounty hunter and getting him to listen was about as useful as telling Emperor Palpatine to become Master Yoda’s best friend. How he had survived this long was either a testament to dumb luck or his stubbornness. Fress always wondered if it was a mix of both.

However much Jason Lasso was the scorn of her daily existence, Fress couldn’t deny his loyalty. He had been through a lot, maybe more then anyone should ever be put through. Fress still couldn’t wrap herself around the thought of losing your family, most of your memories of who you were, being tortured not once but numerous times by the Empire, being thrown into a prophecy like they had all been, finish out a battle to save the galaxy, and then still be somewhat “all there” in the brain after it all and be here 3 years later. Whatever Lasso was hiding behind that gray and yellow lined helmet that he had acquired (with armor) after rejoining the Mercs 3 years ago, Fress was sure it wasn’t anything to be envy of…rather, she felt sorry for the man…until he didn’t follow her orders, then she just wanted to shoot the stubborn Corellian.

It was that rogue nature and stubbornness that had cost Lasso the rightful place to Squadron Leader; Taller had to make a choice 3 years ago and he went with the woman with half the tenure as Lasso had with the Mercs. If Lasso had been more reliable, Fress imagined that she would be saluting him and following his orders. But now, it was the other way around.
    Fress looked back forward; up ahead, the darkness of deep space. Somewhere deep in that darkness, but in reality only a mirco hyperspace jump away, was their mission. That same mission that they had to wait for their advanced commando team to give them the signal to move in on; Fress was starting to wonder if their resident Elf and Bounty Hunter were dead or captured by now. They were already 10 minutes behind schedule.

Near the X-Wings’ location, Expansion Region

The Wing Commander of the Guardians’ Reliance Fleet (GRF) sat lazily back in the pilot’s chair, playing with a gold coin over his fingers as a flashing array of lights on the console in front of him hadn’t changed in near 30 minutes now. Wing Commander Havah Jeth knew what boredom was like---he had been behind a desk for the last month as part of his duties as Wing Commander for the GRF----but boredom this close to a battle was worse than a desk job any day of the week. Less than a minute of a mirco jump away, in fact Havah could read their target---on the edge of sensor range---on the advanced sensors of the GAT-12p Skupray Blastboat. But, no one could see him, which is how he liked it, as the Blastboat was attached to an asteroid traveling lazily through space.

Dak, Captain Taller’s ever trustful black M-3PO Military Protocol Droid---sat in the co-pilot seat; one of the Kingdom of Jod’s personnel sat at the sensor station, another at a gunner’s seat, and Flight Lieutenant Josch Decinchi sat at the other gunner’s seat…well, correction, the Erphae male had his head stuffed up inside the top-side twin laser cannon turret, a series of wires and tubes hanging all around him from below, as his legs dangled down the access door up above.

“Okay,” Josch said, “Try that,” Havah went and flipped a switch on the console board and heard Josch yelp in shock, “The other switch!”

“Hey, this switch says ‘Twin Laser Turret,’” Havah defended himself.

“Yea,” Josch said, “Well someone isn’t too bright back in the hanger bay, because they got the wires switched around. Okay, now try that.”

Havah flipped a switch and the part of the board that had been blacked out on his console board came to life, “Online.”

Josch jumped down from the turret, his hands on his hips and his face greased smeared from the work, “Good. Now---”

Guardians to Home Run; what’s your status, over?” That was Fress’ voice over the comm, sounding rather chilled.

Havah answered, “Home Run to Guardians, same status. How do you copy, over?”

“Cold, Home Run.”

“Copy that Guardians,” Havah replied, “Hang in there. If Safe doesn’t report in 2 minutes, then we’ll have to assume the worst and call in the big guns.”

“Copy.”

Imperial Cardan III-class space station, Expansion Region
    Flight Lieutenant Yavscout finally found his port of entry along the space station’s exterior. Outside of his Enviro-suit, equipped with a jetpack, the stars littered deep space above. Not a planet in sight. While the elf couldn’t justify putting such a station like this in the middle of the Rebel and pirate infested Expansion Region, the Empire had justified it with surrounding the station with 3 Satellite force field shield projectors and 2 Carrack-class light cruisers.

In the middle of no-where, the station seemingly defending nothing of importance, the elf would have marked this station as either a deep-space Imperial check-point---a reminder to all that the Empire had a presence even in the forsaken Expansion Region---or that the station was hiding something for the Empire. Considering the Empire’s nasty habit of super lasers shaped like moons, the elf decided to go with option two.

While Yavscout was sure the Guardians---or Mercs or Rebel Alliance or Kingdom of Jod or Saviors of the Galaxy, the Magnificent Awesome Starfighter People, or the We Do Crazy Prophecy Things People; whoever and whatever he served under these days----was about to pull the plug on this little op and bring in the big guns, the elf wanted to argue his case. He wanted to see if anyone could have got past the three shield generators, the 2 light cruisers, and the station’s own defenses without being detected; being cramped into a fake asteroid that passed the station’s collision defenses safely, the elf had to abandon his fake asteroid and slowly inch his way via a jet pack across the vastness of deep space between the shield satellites and the station itself. He credited his spell, camouflage, as the trick that made the whole thing possible.

Despite that, that didn’t erase the fact that he had sweated enough during the whole ordeal between satellite and station to make himself his own ocean. He now regretted that thought of bringing a swim suit and towel. But, after all, it wasn’t everyday that someone had to float between military-grade defenses and feel completely exposed to them for free target practice.

With that thought, Yavscout wanted to know how he kept getting the mission impossible missions and everyone else got to eat sandwiches and have coffee while they waited to see if Yavscout would meet his maker or not that day. Yav swore, he felt like the big next sporting event every time he went on these missions with everyone watching to see what he would do.
    Reaching the outside air lock with his extra-large equipment bag in hand, the elf sure hoped Pilot Officer Atin Taab had disabled the security systems in this section of the space station, as was the plan. If not, Yav’ figured he minus well bend over and kiss his arse good-bye now, because he would be like a chicken in an open field for slaughter with all the defenses around here.

Yav typed in the code, the hatch hissed and popped open, and Yav lifted it the other part of the way. Slipping down in, he allowed the pressure to stabilize once the hatch sealed shut and once the light went from red to green, he took his helmet off and looked at his chrono. With 20 seconds to go, he pressed the “all clear” data burst to the Home Run. There, he had made it. All of the Elf’s hard work didn’t go down the drain after all.

Okay, so now he had ten minutes to reach Atin, get the data from the main computer, and get the heck out of here. Once data was retrieved, the shield generators being down due to a sudden serious malfunction---thanks to Atin’s work---then the Home Run would zoom in, pick them up, and everyone would be home safe.

At least, that was the plan. And Yav knew how “plans” went when it came to the Mercs…or Guardians….or whatever they called themselves these days. Hence why the X-Wing starfighter support.

Right now, Yav wanted his pay above all else. The payoff from the Rebels hidden away on Hoth would be more than enough to pay that gambling debt he got a year ago and had a bounty hunter chasing him ever since for it. Yav knew he shouldn’t of trusted that Twi’lek that night of gambling…problem was, she was too good looking to say no to. Yav always wondered how the “James Bond 007” holo stars did it in the movies; how did they stay away from evil wrapped up in beauty? She had fooled him on that game and took all his credits!

Control, Imperial Cardan III-class space station, Expansion Region
    Atin Taab finished tying up the last Imperial technician and made sure the tape around his mouth was secured; while he was no friend of the Imperials, he also realized that the contract never specified “killing” as part of the mission completion criteria. It would be nice to see the Mercs again, the bounty hunter thought. Three years without seeing a trace of them, then a random---and challenging contract---comes along and presents Atin with the chance to reunite with his old comrades.

While the Mandalorian had seen better days then when he was forced to wear an Imperial Navy Trooper’s uniform to conceal his identity for a whole day while he waited for the Mercs to complete their end of the deal---but also when he had to get to secured areas to disable security measures without being caught---Atin was back in his Mandalorian armor now and was feeling a lot more in control of his environment around him.

Walking over to one of the control stations, he brought up the station’s systems. A well placed data-burst with a virus to one of those shield satellites should bring the extra layer of outer shields down just long enough for the Mercs to fly in, get them, and fly out. Assuming both Atin and Yav were outside in space suits when it all happened, 30 seconds top. Not enough time for the light cruisers or station to scramble TIEs to intercept them and too close to the station to risk using station or cruiser weaponry.

Atin had a large enough pay check waiting for him back on Hoth to make this contract worth every second he spent risking his life. But, in the end, the Rebel Alliance had paid for his father’s training that trained Atin to be able to do almost any job required by a client.

Starting the console download into his hand-held device that would transfer station security and communications---specifically the data burst communications—to a hand-held remote, Atin went to the main database computer, hacked into the files with his slicer equipment and own skills, and started the download into a data crystal. That was when he heard a knock at the blast doors; Atin had locked them.

The bounty hunter looked up at a security monitor and saw Yav’ standing there, waving a hand at the holo cam. The elf was his ticket out of here, bringing an extra space suit and jet pack; Atin’s arrival here was as a fake prisoner captured during a pirate round-up; his departure would be one of an escapee.

JediFalcon and Sith-I-5 like this.
  17. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Oh, what? Fress outranks Yav?! :(

[face_laugh]

Great prologue, Bravo, great prologue.

Nice video too. Evocative music and images, makes me proud to be associated with Intervention. Nice job.
    And you kept the pictures up long enough for me to determine the hidden words (eg. same color as the picture background) by the context.

1) Starfighter type and paint scheme

Naboo N-1 starfighter

Yellow and chrome.

2) Type of droid with starfighter and name of droid (R2 unit, etc.)

"Deputy". R2 unit. I can't remember what he looks like from post to post, but at the moment, black torso, white dome.

3) Flight suit color scheme

Navy blue and gold Kingdom of Jod vacsuit.

[​IMG]

Mm, wasn't my intention, but for ease, how 'bout we assume that Yav', after two years with the Mercs, looks like him...

Crap! Forgot to mention the Guardian flight jacket. He can wear that planetside too.

18. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    Wow she makes Captain. Sweet :D

And she really was ready to skin his hide that's if she could get away with it ;)

19. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Oh, by the way, Bravo, you have your characters back!

Great pair of gun turret posts from Coffee and CPL. :D

I think the Delinquent needs to have a ward room just for its gunners! And awarding Ace titles after 3 or 5 kills.

20. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Sith, great photo! Where did you did that photo?

YES! GOOD JOB SITH! I WAS HOPING SOMEONE WAS GOING TO CATCH THAT! =D=

Yea, well I couldn't promote everyone...plus, it adds some possible storyline between the two characters....? [face_thinking]

21. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    Yes I do.
    modified G1-M4-C. Gold with black stripes
    [​IMG]
    R2-N6, Navi
    [​IMG]
    Hunter Green flightsuit with mandarin-style collar, shaped code cylinder pocket on upper left arm, rectangular pocket with a squared-flap closure on upper right arm, and thigh pockets with squared-flap closures. Light Tan spats over mid-calf black boots, light tan signal flare holder around the top of his right boot. Off-white gear harness and web belt. Belt buckles at the front or back with a black snap-release buckle. Leg loops are individual per leg and split at the waist. Belt is worn over the harness. Scoop-necked dark grey cloth flak vest with smaller tan front section bib applied over it. Small black snap-release buckles on the shoulder straps. Black upper chest box with ribbing details and black straps. White lower chest box with white cloth-covered hose coming out of the bottom and connecting to flightsuit. This box should be directly under the upper box, with no gap between.
    Black gauntlet-style gloves.

Helmet: (less the Alliance starbird)
    [​IMG]

22. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Beskaryc Taab

1) Starfighter type and paint scheme: None

2) Type of droid with starfighter and name of droid (R2 unit, etc.): None

3) Flight suit color scheme: Mandalorian Armor. Grey

[​IMG]

Atin Taab

1) Ship type and paint scheme: Modified YT-1300, the Crusader. Grey

2) Type of droid with starfighter and name of droid (R2 unit, etc.): None

3) Flight suit color scheme: Mandalorian Armor. Black and red

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

23. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001

Hmm. I'll keep looking at it and try to fix it CPL. In the time being, if you can acquire access to a laptop or tower PC, that may be the best route.

24. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    I've watched it on my comp, I just wanted to be able to see it on my phone the day it came out :p

25. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Google

Images

Type Prometheus suits in search box

Notes on the Prologue

1. It is a shame that we gave all the red rock pieces to Soal, as I am quite partial to the idea that the Mercs determine the progress of a Yav operation, by seeing if he has re-spawned, naked in the Johnny Boy hangar.

"Not here yet; must be going well."

2. Yavscout's part is described well, and does not seem to violate any of the "laws" around Camouflage, but if you do embellish it more, remember that if anything other than his feet/boots touch something solid, eg walking, kicking, he reappears.

3. Yav bringing a backup spacesuit for Atin. Excellent. Atin regarding it as his only way to survive in space...hold on, I was thinking of stormtrooper armour, if any on the station, would give him twenty minutes, but you do have him back in his Mandalorian armour as he ties up the technician, don't you? Surely that is vac-resistant too?

Not really promoting, as he is already a Captain at the end of Intervention, or he will be, once he boards the cruiser.

Which means by Allegiance, he got demoted; we lost the cruiser; or Taller found someone better for the role...surely not Deputy, though if he did, the droid would be Taller's bestest fwend!