main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Rocketjock Eatery (A Star Wars: Intervention OOC/OOG discussion thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Bravo, Apr 5, 2011.

1. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Good job Sith, you covered all my problems with your end of the mission up nicely and saved me a few minutes ;)

Hmm, if he is flipping a gold coin it had to come from somewhere important. Otherwise he would be probably playing or messing with his flute or weapons. [face_cowboy]

2. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Thanks to the quotes at the front part of the SW Wiki today, I have just discovered the SW: KotOR Abridged series on Youtube.

3. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Didn't pick up on that before, but you're right and it was already demonstrated too when Atin sealed his beskar'gam bringing siege team six aboard the Crusader. So I guess it would depend on just how long a spacewalk they were intending on taking. I do know that his jetpack won't work in a vacuum, it is not a rocket pack.

[​IMG]

4. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Interesting to hear the difference between jet and rocket packs. I was not aware that the former would not work in space.

5. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    :oops: I'll fix that rank to Captain ASAP.

6. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    I was thinking it would work and only wouldn't if it was a repulsor pack. So I am confused a little Bardan:confused:

7. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    A jetpack require air to "breathe" just like any jet engine. If it were a rocketpack it would work just fine (and I am pretty sure those do exist in Star Wars), but it isn't.

EDIT: I am getting this from page 173 of the New Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology. There it states that oxygen is required for a jetpack to fire, but not the heavier, bulkier rocket pack.

[​IMG]

8. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    I'm confused wasn't he just promoted to flight lieutenant? When was he promoted to captain?

9. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Thanks Bardan, saved me from looking it up later.

Well Falcon I believe since Sith is now in charge of a ship that is an automatic field promotion to Captain, especially as this is not currently a limited position but an ongoing one.

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  10. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    Oh okay, I didn't realize that.

11. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    In the conference room aboard the Authority, Taller and King Alex made Yavscout Captain of the Delicate Delinquent.

My posts, before Yavscout re-boards the cruiser, have referred to him as Flight Lieutenant, as I believe, technically, he wasn't captain until he boards.

12. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Yes, he wasn't in a position to go down with the ship yet :p

13. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001

[face_rofl]

14. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Getting to tags tonight. Have had work stress (low hours for the holidays, little money coming in) and it's been on my mind. Sorry for the delay.

15. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    Not a problem brother... some of us are going through the exact same thing right now as well.

16. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Thanks CPL. :)

So, a trip down memory lane. Back in 2007, when I was working as a Fire Fighter / EMT-Basic, I was on C Shift. Well, all the shifts had certain traditions. We had a movie and meal tradition for C Shift (forget the name of the movie, but the food was a mixture of hotdogs and bunches of other stuff; looked awful enough to kill ya, but tasted great). Well, when I transferred to B Shift, they had a tradition and their tradition was, well, our theme song: Don't Cha---Pussycat Dolls. Yes, go ahead and get the imagine in your head of a bunch of firemen singing to that song. Good times. Good times.

So, memory lane came about because I was talking to Coffee the other day in the car about having a theme-like song for one of the posts for the Kingdom of Jod invasion of the Beast planet.

17. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    I will be getting to tags today ASAP. I have my final class project due this weekend, so I will be working on the project in between posting, so tags will come throughout the day.

First, off to the bank so we can pay bills. Will be back as soon as I can.

18. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Do you mean like that war film that had the platoon of American soldiers marching on Hanoi to the theme song of the Mickey Mouse Club:

"Who is the leader of the band, as far as the world can see?
    M I C
    K E Y
    M O U S E!"

19. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Bravo, are you drawing a line under the Johnny Boy's disappearance, or can I play out some crew resisting the intruders?

20. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Sith, for now I'm drawing a line under the Johnny Boy's disappearance. Once I reintroduce the ship, feel free to NPC the crews' flash back of resistance, etc.

21. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Finally catching up a little, hopefully will be able to not have ya'll wait so long for the next update from me.

22. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Tag back Mitth. :D

Getting to other tags ASAP. Final college class project extended and due tomorrow night by 11pm Mountain Standard Time. Should be back to posting by Thursday night.

Will try to find a nearby Starbucks tomorrow and post during lunch break at work if it is a long enough lunch break tomorrow.

23. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Hmm. Interesting. I shall try to reply tomorrow.

24. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    "No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try." - Yoda

:p

I'm going to reverse my plans and try to get as much homework done on lunch, so I can have tonight to work on the game.

25. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Alrighty then, I shall see if the do will do with the does I must do:p