main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Rocketjock Eatery (A Star Wars: Intervention OOC/OOG discussion thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Bravo, Apr 5, 2011.

1. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001

Most excellent job, Sith! Most excellent job! =D=

I'm okay with it as long as Mitth is okay with it. :D

2. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    May 2011 In House Awards Vote Tally:

Game MVP (Six-month award): Helljumper1178 (x2 votes), Mitth_Fisto, greyjedi125 (x2 votes), Bravo

Monthly MVP: Sith-I-5 (x3 votes), Lukes_Apprentice

Best RPer: Bravo (x2), Master_Ponta, DREAMSTAR, Helljumper1178

Most Sociable Player: Sith-I-5 (x3 votes), Helljumper1178, Bravo

Most Helpful Player: Bravo (x3 votes), greyjedi125 (x2 votes)

Best Post (include player name, date/time, and post): Mitth_Fisto, DREAMSTAR (x2 votes), Sith-I-5, Qui-Gon_Jinn_Ghost (Bravo), greyjedi125

The Best "One Liner" from a Post (include player name, date/time, and quote): Bravo (x2 votes), greyjedi125 (x2 votes)

Most Interesting Character story to follow: Mad_Feav ( Helljumper ) (x2 votes), Havah Jeth (Mitth_Fisto), JULIE (Helljumper), Yavscout (Sith-I-5)

3. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    I hereby at this auspicious occassion post tally of the our potentially 'inaugural' IN House Awards.

Yes I couldn't resist, and yes Sith I give my ok on it. If we end up at a ball this could be confusing though but much more covert as well...I'll have to remember that.[face_thinking]

4. Whitelight

Whitelight Jedi Master star 4

Aug 10, 2007
    Okay guys sorry took so long to get a post up been busy at work so could get on as much as I would like to do. I can't wait to really get into posting again it feels so good to be back on TFN. Now goes to look for RP that I can us my force users. I'm waiting on one someone is going over all my bio redoing it for me bless her heart, I know its going to take a while as its a very long bio. Still okay now that I been going on and on is there any others rp's out there that needs a force user in that I could get my Maya involved in. Please let me know either hear or throw a pm.

Suzette

5. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    All Hail King Alex "The Just"! ( he's got Taller's back! w00t!!) :D great post, I keep re-reading it. Inclusive of everything else, I also like how you said how everyone has midi-watchamacallits. :p
    I mean, seriously. Anywho, not opening that can of worms yet again; just wanted to say awesome post. =D=

6. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    I agree, that was a good post. The Bible bits too. Trying to make it accessible to younger readers?

I've been thinking up other people's call signs. Taller became "Telly".
    The initials Captain Rick Taller, CRT, Cathode Ray Tube.

One Flight's Rebel Investigator(?) became Ronseal - "Does what it says on the tin"

And Yav, "Safety", but that needs Mitth or Grey permission, as they are authorising my interaction with the departed Twinky's character on a case-by-case basis, and running One Flight, respectively. Such red tape! :p

Yav started composing the message to Dude, 'From Inaugural. Safety secure.'

Safety. Merc Whatever had named him that.

He wanted 'Surefall', after his birthplace, Surefall Glades, but then Lyra piped up with "What about Safety?"

"Safety?" He had echoed, "What?"

"As in 'Elf and Safety'."

"NO! We're professionals! These are supposed to be proper call signs, not based on puns!"

But no. He didn't know if it was a human thing, but they always took the woman's side.

7. Whitelight

Aug 10, 2007
    I have to say I have re-read that post I don't know how many times the great thing is I have most of those bible verse memorized. Job is such a great book.

8. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    Whitelight, are you in two flight? Just curious.

Bravo, when will you get a chance to update the space battle? Just really curious on that

9. Whitelight

Aug 10, 2007
    yea sure who every fire at her she will fire back. Not really caring about who she fires at she be in it to not get her butt blow up. [face_laugh]

So when Bravo if you want to have someone fire at her she game. Oh yea FYI guys if she loose her first ship so be it I had it work out that way.

10. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Sith, you are one dangerously funny individual. I have a new rule NEVER to read anything you post while imbibing a drink or eating. Much too risky! choking 95% guaranteed! :p

11. Whitelight

Aug 10, 2007
    =D=

Bravo hats off to that post.

Love it so much I had to re read a few times just because it was so good.

that last part

Cheese Burger was the bet part

12. Lukes_Apprentice

Lukes_Apprentice Jedi Master star 3

Oct 15, 2008
    Um gee the results form the in game awards are interesting so far. I hope to see more results. In the mean time did anyone catch the smallville finally?

13. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Thanks for all the reviews, everyone on my posts! [face_blush] With the Bible-based post being so short, I was half-expecting everyone to kick me out of the GM position. :p

Negative, L_A, I did not. I don't have cable. :(

So, a small update on my living situation. The month of May has been amazing to see the Lord work. I've had my needs (fuel and food) taken care of on a case-to-case basis (from friends, family, and people at church). But I'm still riding the line here. Prayer is still needed! [face_praying] I get one more paycheck this month from my other job and from the looks of it, I'll be short this month for the bills. :( So, keep on praying if you could please and we'll see what the Lord does. :)

Onto other news, I should be back on track onto my normal posting routine by tonight. It's been a super busy last three weeks for me and I am very sorry for the slower then normal updates.

Oh, one more prayer request if you all don't mind. I'm going back to college this August (most likely) and I'll be transferring from my current university to Bible School (assuming the transfer goes as planned). Please pray that I can find the money for the application fee for the Bible School (assuming there is one, but most colleges have one anyways). Thanks. :)

The Library Thread was updated with Whitelight's character sheet and roster position. I made a slight change to the roster, with putting Sith-I-5's username in red like the GMs. Although Sith isn't a GM, this helps identify him as someone in a similar management position in the game.

14. Whitelight

Aug 10, 2007
    First of all I will be praying for all your situations for Adda to Proved when need be. Also, where is this bible college at by the way is it close to where your living at right now. I have been there with the gas and food and know how its like to be homeless myself.

So now with that out of the way have a question Game Master. I thought I was going to be on Falcon, and EL team of star fighters.

15. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001

That thought really didn't cross my mind, Sith. The main purpose was to progress the storyline in the direction I want it to go. The Council is filling a double role of both Pharisees and Apostles at the same time. Its a hard line to take and I'm sure as the storyline progresses into the second game, a even tougher line to hold. The Council's rebuke from King Alex in the most recent post shows their relation to the Pharisees view point of being superior and better then everyone else in the Lord Jesus Christ's time on Earth. Now, if you look back to the previous post of The Council (if I remember correctly), I draw the connection to The Council's role of leading the coming change as the Apostles did in the Book of Acts and the Early Church (the change from living by the Law to living by faith in Jesus Christ). If you really want to get into theology for a moment, there was never really a change (aside from the physical practice of the Law), since the Law was there in the Old Testament to point the Jews towards the Lord Jesus Christ anyways.

Now, drawing a very, very thin connection (which I may be completely wrong about, but it was a thought that just came to me) is the Apostles' struggle with the Early Church. As our game's "The Council" struggles with the Pharisees' point of view of being educated and trained for their positions and being more "righteous" then everyone else in the Jewish culture during Jesus Christ's time, the Apostles (the other side of our "The Council") struggled heavily in Acts. This struggle between Pharisees and Apostles highlights the struggle between the game's "The Council".

The Apostles' struggle begins (I can't find the encounter in Acts for some reason between Paul and Peter) is recounted in Galatians 2:11-14, where the Apostle Paul rebukes the Apostle Peter for "...separate himself from the Gentiles because he was afraid of those who belonged to the circumcision group. The other Jews joined him in his hypocrisy, so that by their hypocrisy even Barnabas was led astray." (Galatians 2:12-13, NIV)

Now a small brief history for the background of this Holy Bible verse so everyone knows what's going on. At this point, the Early Church was split down the middle in allowing Gentiles (non-believers) into the new Christian church. Some of them followed the Lord Jesus Christ's teachings fully, that the Law ("Sacrificial" system---shedding of blood and killing of a pure/spotless animal or best animal you had for forgiveness of your sins---of the law was full-filled by Jesus Christ dying on the cross and rising three days later...the "Moral" and parts of the "Civil"---or whole? I can't remember off the top of my head---parts of the Law were/are still in place) in the Old Testament had been full-filled and anyone could come to Christ no matter what. The other side of the debate were the Jews that agreed with everything Jesus Christ said, but wanted the new believers (like themselves) to have to go through circumcision (part of the "Sacrificial" law) as they had to as Jews. The Apostle Paul ends this debate very firmly in two ways. The first way is in Galatians 2:14-21:

16. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Qui' Something, it was too fast and more of a blur and Russel couldn't make it out at this distance, tackled the Merc co-pilot and rolled with it's new catch like a predator would, sending both pilot and predator past the corridor opening. NIIICE! Also, intriguing Vader move there. Layers within the plan. Thanks to TVTropes, I know about Xanatos Gambits and Roulette, and this is starting to qualify!

Lukes Nice pair of posts.

Dreven Welcome along to the game.

Mitth Dark Wolf! That was out of left field! Nice twist.

Summer 2011 RPF Awards
    If we want to see Intervention and its players/GMs reognised on the world stage, get your nominations in. And then your votes.

17. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Sith, you beat me to the punch with the rewards. ;)

Don't forget to vote in the RPF wide The Summer 2011 RPF Awards! [NOMINATIONS UNDERWAY!]! :D Support your fellow RPers from other games and from Intervention itself! :cool:

Intervention's own In-House Awards will have the results posted ASAP. Winners will be contacted via PM as well.

18. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    May 2011 In House Awards Results!!!!!!

Please congratulate the winners of the rewards below! :D Everyone has brought various strengths and abilities to Intervention since June 11, 2009 when the game opened. And just because you didn't win a reward didn't mean you had one of those strengths or abilities that has allowed Intervention to be as successful as it has thus far. Intervention has been successful because of the whole player base, from players that first posted their character sheets back in June 2009 and may no longer play the game with us, to those that have just recently joined the game. Everyone has made Intervention successful! :)

We do have two tied votes for rewards! Both players will be rewarded accordingly in both rewards. :cool:

Game MVP (Six-month award): Helljumper1178 AND greyjedi125

Helljumper1178:

greyjedi125: Very simple. He is RPing three characters without being a GM and is doing a phenomenal job at it. Wait, make that FOUR: (Feav, Garth, Ingrid & JULIE). Thus my vote for Game MVP goes to him.

Mitth_Fisto: Helljumper1178 This guy really stepped up to the plate despite the other three musketeers being called away for a while.

greyjedi125:

Liam_Vehn: Have seen his work in other stories and really enjoy his posts. Always top of the line.

Bravo: From a RPing point of view, Grey has set the standard again and again for excellent character development among the characters he role plays in Intervention.

Monthly MVP: Sith-I-5

greyjedi125: Since joining Intervention, Sith-I-5's humor has delighted every single one of us, continually, and he's brought an awesome and refreshing style of RPing that has elevated the RP as a whole. Sith is most deserving of the Monthly MVP award.

Mitth_Fisto: Well he is the only one currently listed and the guy should get some props for coming in and being such a big help to us.

Liam_Vehn: Great updates and love the humor that shines through in his writing. Very unique perspective, especially for the Rebels.

Bravo: Sith's humor has been priceless! More over, the way he has developed Yav as a character has been amazing to watch. In addition, the way he has stepped into a leadership position has been awesome to watch---he has developed storylines, characters, and environments for the players he watches over as our new Support Staff member! And a great job he has done!

[b]Best RPer:[/b] Bravo

[i]greyjedi125:[/i] He's had to play so many characters within the world of Intervention, and all have been done extremely well. It showcases his excellent and wide range of RP skills and all with in Interventions brand of realism. Without a doubt, our beloved GM is also the best RPer.

[i]Mitth_Fisto:[/i] Bravo out of the two listed. Master_Ponta was wonderful but not as reliable and didn't make me smile as often. Honest opinions here right?

[b]Most Sociable Player:[/b] Sith-I-5

[i]greyjedi125:[/i] He is always there to encourage, ask questions, provide answers or simply make a witty comment that brings a smile to our day.

[i]Mitth_Fisto:[/i] What can I say? I don't talk much, Grey doesn't talk a whole lot more, and Sithy really does have the gift of continual gab in our little group since RL has been encrouching on you Bravo. Although I think he could still out talk you, which is actually more of negative thing in my mind, I'll stop typing now.

[i]Bravo:[/i] Sith has been very active in the Rocketjock Eatery, making us all feel at home I beleive. He asks about our week(s) and he is always there to remind us that there is a RL outside of the game---his reviews of plays and TV shows always make me smile, since it brings to the forefront that first and foremost, we are family here and we discuss all aspects of life, not just the game. Second, we are RPers. But the family should never come second and Sith makes me, at least, feel at home out of th

19. Lukes_Apprentice

Lukes_Apprentice Jedi Master star 3

Oct 15, 2008
    Congrats to everyone this is a great group onward and upward I wonder who voted for me?

20. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    OMG!! Bravo, those were PMs! LOL! as in 'private'. [face_laugh] I had no idea you were going to post them. I didn't do spellcheck on those. :p

And THANK YOU for the In-House Award, I am most honored and humbled. Of course, I think everyone deserves one, but I shall respect the voting system, hehehe.

Work has been horrible lately, so this is a much needed 'up' amidst the RL struggles. So let's keep Intervention the top notch game it has become and take this RP to the next level of excellence.

We have fresh, eager and amazing new talent, coupled with some established veterans and even luminaries. [voice=vader] It is our destiny![/voice] :-B

Most of all, my thanks to the most High for all the blessings, the new brothers and sisters I've met in the past 2 years. I never suspected our heavenly family was this big! LOL!! good thing there's more than enough room in the Big House upstairs! :D

So yeah, gonna put a lid on it now, lol! Thanks everyone and Peace be unto you.

grey [face_peace]

21. Earwen_Lightrider

Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2004
    Congrats to all the winners.

Welcome to the new players (even if in game my character isn't very welcoming at the moment).

22. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Hi. Thank you to everyone who voted and/or waxed lyrical about me! Nice for any writer to get feedback.

Grey', sorry for almost choking you; ironic that it was a play on Health and Safety which almost took you out.

[sigh] My Samsung T101 phone died inexplicably, yesterday. Drawing on what I have learned watching dvds of CSI, I have declared my coat pocket a crime scene; dusted the area for fingerprints, and sent a tissue off to Trace.

:(

23. dreven_Aarkanin

dreven_Aarkanin Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 9, 2010
    I'd just like to say thank you for the welcomes. so thanks! :D

24. Helljumper1178

Helljumper1178 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 5, 2010
    *Helljumper walks into Roocketjock Eatery drenching wet. Hanging his soaked longcoat-duster and hat up, he walks over to the bar, and begins making himself hot-cider. Leaving a trail of water behind him*

*Starts talking to no one in particular/anyone who would listen*

If you didn't know, I?m a Park Ranger? and I've had to spend the entire day out in the field, working in these freak rain storms. When the rain finally let up, we had to put the boats out and head down the River?I?m still not an expert at kayaks, I?ve been trying to get the training but can?t work in to my schedule?..so lets just say I became vertically challenged at one point. (shakes head) I couldn?t get it back upright?so I had to swim out. And at that point I still had over 4hrs to go. It?s been a very wet and cold day.

*takes several long gulps from his drink*

On a better note, my internet is back to its normal self. Sadly it seems I have completely missed out on the awards?which I must say I?m irked about. Its not fair I had anyone vote for me, when I did not do the same for them. That said, thanks guys, and I?m really sorry.
    Also Dreamstar was very happy and grateful to hear everyone?s opinion of his post. I?m not sure how things are looking for him and his dear wife. Contact is getting difficult these days. Not sure how I?m going to handle their characters, given their continued absence. I?ll need to get with Bravo on that.

*takes another swig, but finds the cup is empty*

Huh?already? I need another?and it needs more cinnamon this time.

*Begins making himself another hot cider*

By the way, I'll echo Earwen_Lightrider in saying greetings to everyone new.....and greetings to everyone not so new, but newer then me whom I haven't greeted yet. I play the grumpy, senile, old man....whom most of your characters have not interacted with at this point. I haven't had a chance to keep up with everything going on...but with what I've seen everyone is doing an amazing job, and I'm looking forward to more character interaction later on.

*takes another drink, then adds more cinnamon*

Now if you all will excuse me, I've got to get some dry clothes.

25. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Disclaimer: I don't know what I am talking about.

I read a lot, and I am reliably informed, that if your kayak rolls over, and you manage to keep hold off your double-paddle oar, holding it in the middle, while upside-down in the water, giving it a mighty swing should roll your kayak back upright.

No idea how this works, personally.

So, you say you got internet back? Got a spare nine minutes?

Youtube: