main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Rocketjock Eatery (A Star Wars: Intervention OOC/OOG discussion thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Bravo, Apr 5, 2011.

1. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Actually no, I haven't seen that movie.

2. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Good post, Bravo. Good finally seeing a Queens Guardsman doing something to justify the reputation, as before we only had the ease with which your assassin got to King Alex, which for the build up you gave them...

Nice also to see a Gladius used in anger.

3. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    whoa talk about dejaview.

serious?

I am Legend is about a virus that turns people into animals who can't stand light and changes their looks too. They eat anything at that point. Near the end one of them turns into a leader and begins to set traps for the person who is trying to find a cure and rallys the mutated humans into attacking the person.

are you sure?

4. Intervention

Intervention Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 1, 2012
    Yea, Sith, I had a lot more planned for that fight scene. But I'm still fighting something off (sick) and my brain isn't all there. So I shortened it.

5. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Name: Havah Jeth
    Species: Arkanian
    Homeworld: Arkania
    Affiliation: The Mercs

Personality
    ---Traits: Havah prefers the direct, sneaky approach to missions, and is reluctant to sit back when he thinks danger is an acceptable risk to complete a mission or save a comrade. He keeps his head, if not his cool, at all times, and is generally perceived as protective.
    ---Likes: When everything ends well, women, the occasional glass of Abrax cognac or shot of accarrgm wine, fine tuning his ship, and combat sparring
    ---Dislikes: Boring missions & scenarios, weak drinks, when mechanics screw up his ship, failing an obligation, and going in blind on any mission
    ---Habits: Will play a flute when bored and fiddling with his armor/weapons

Appearance
    ---Skin Color: Caucasian (Albino Pale)
    ---Hair Color: White
    ---Eye Color: White
    ---Clothing: Tan Chitin Armor with no insignias, with concealed vibro-dagger gauntlets and utility belt.
    ---Other Attributes: Somewhat broad, with decently rugged looks
    ---Other Details: Straight hair down to his shoulders, usually keeps helmet hooked at his side when not in combat situations, and has five fingers on right hand.

Weapons: Westar-34 Blaster Pistol (Jango Fett’s blaster type) and spare cartridges, Stokhli Spray Stick, 1x Cryoban Grenade, and the concealed gauntlet vibro-daggers.

Starship
    ---Name:
    ---Class: X-wing Fighter
    ---Hyperdrive Class: 1.7
    ---Weapon(s): 4x Forward-mounted laser cannons, 2xProton Torpedo launchers
    ---Shields: Yes
    ---Sublight Speed:
    ---Crew: 1 Pilot, 1 Black R2 unit named Black Glove
    ---Passenger(s): None
    ---Max Cargo (kg): kg
    ---Interior Description: Stock cabin and features beyond a retooling for his Arkaniaan physiology.

The Force
    ---Sensitivity: None

Biography
    ---Personal History: Havah grew up as one of seven children, son of Kir, a scientist who works on the main board of the Arkanian Dominion. As this took most of their father’s time they were left to their mother, when she was available, and more often than not to servants to be raised. Some of the servants were of course qualified bodyguards and pilots incase they had to be moved suddenly, and from these he learned many techniques on how to fight and pilot at a young age as they would often use these lessons and training sessions as a way to keep the children busy and out of trouble. As a result, Havah became an adept pilot and fighter at a young age, and as he grew older his skills, with the continued and varied tutelage of the guards and servants, improved. Although he was more of one to break then fix items he had had to learn a good bit about repairing items as even though his parents didn’t mind replacing things, although his caretakers whose wages were docked until the items were fixed or replaced certainly did.

When he came of age of decision it was plane to everyone that the first male born to Kir was not to be a scientist, but instead a fighting instrument, and so he was enlisted into the Arkanian Black Guard. It was there that he increased his talents to a polished sheen, but the pay and job was terrible if one was not idealistically driven by the missions and goals of the group. So when the option became available at twenty five to leave honorably he did, and took what inheritance and wages he had saved to upgrade his ship and droid, and headed out to find new employ.

Not too long later he met the leader of The Mercs, Captain Rick Taller. Although it took a bit of persuasion and a demonstration of his abilities, and reassurances that he wasn’t an undercover agent. The Captain eventually agreed to let him join The Mercs, and he has served loyally ever since. While the constantly shifting ranks and the never-ending proximity to death is familiar and of a hue that one cannot endure forever, he doubts he could ever give up the lifestyle until it either forces him free of it, or it takes it completely. But at least in this field the pay is better and one isn’t bound by anything more than honor and kinship.

Then came Watava, it was there that things went from a comfortable status quo for a mercenary pilot to off-kilter. The latest squadron leader passed during that mission, MIA officially, but with the wreckage and both Imperial or enemy Watavian pilot sympathies during bouts of mutual destruction left little doubt that she was gone. From then on he was promoted to Squadron leader, a job he did not want. Half the time he felt begrudged to have a wing-man and now he was responsible for the entire Merc Squardron, what was left of it anyway.

From there things turned sour, missions through space, incident at Port Haven, and then the asteroid mission that began a whole ‘Red Rock’ hunt. And the bodies of allies and enemies continued to build, only the enemies this time ended up being more often alive then allies. Quickly they had been enmeshed in an ancient power struggle between legends and the Empire as it tried to gain control of the item of value. . . Red Rock. The Jod, the legendary ‘good guys’ of the situation hired the Mercs and called them prophesied Guardians. Needless to say in this his coping mechanism of drinking has increased.

At least until the latest mission that once more saw him alone beyond Pic among strangers. To a largely dead, and largely alive station that seems full of riddles and death mingled with artificial life. If it wasn’t real, he would of abandoned his forced sobriety that the mission was putting him through to drink until this all began to get fuzzy enough to make passable sense. Then again with his sister, all bets were off.

---Military History: Upon turning fifteen he joined the military with his father’s connections he was able to go through intensive training for next three years as a pilot and Elite Squad combat training. Ten years with the Arkanian Black Guard Elite Squads and nine years of service with The Mercs, in both fighter squadrons and covert ops stations.

---Traumatic Experiences: Havah’s second to last mission was to eliminate a traitorous cell to the Arkanian Dominion, only slightly out of the ordinary from their regular pirate and outlaw mission profiles. The mission went without a hitch as he flew air support until the fleet was able to block off the main escape route. Once that was established he landed and joined his team in breaching the final layers of defenses to the bunker, but what surprised him most was when they finally reached their targets, him using his Stokhli Spray stick to trip up the fleeing individuals before a shot was put in the back of the skull. When one body was rolled over for identification to his surprise, and to his horror, he recognized the man that he had brought down as his little brother. Although he has lost many good friends and comrades over the years, and while he never shows it, each of them weighs heavily on him, each having left their own scar in his mind and heart. He feels particularly guilty about his brother’s death, a death brought by his own hands, which still haunts him to this day. Recently his own sister and fellow eldest, Hanah, was kidnapped by the Imperials as leverage against him and had her arm shot off during her take down. Despite her un-armed status and the severity of the wound she cried out his guilt in her abduction up until the recorder was shut off.

6. FressColias

FressColias Jedi Master

Apr 14, 2003
    It was a good surprise attack in the Main Complex Bravo

My initial reaction to the surprise was have Fress pull the lightsaber.

I was waiting on Coffee to respond to my post or can I just get my post up now?

7. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Oh hello, you've got a sock!

Nice CS's people. I am now comparing mine with yours, and doing little edits to mine as I get ideas, like moving the wrist-comunicator out of the Weapons section.

8. FressColias

FressColias Jedi Master

Apr 14, 2003
    This sock has been around for almost ten years. But I hardly use it, just in a weird mood today I guess.

I couldn't remember all of it but I think I got most of the highlights...

Great CS's :D

9. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    I'll get my character sheet up tonight. Took some time off last night to watch Babylon 5 River of Lost Souls.

10. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Falcon, call me weird. But when you posted your kill sheet going up, all I could think of us Hot Shots Part Deluxe, when they show the body count in the town. I was laughing.

Off to college to look up loans.

Brought to you by a Newbie Smartphone user.

11. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Sorry for late response. I was doing college loan stuff.

I am going to work on those Queen Guardsmen. Try to flush out as to why their Queen Guardsmen.

12. Intervention

Oct 1, 2012
    Sith, I just PMed Jusik...

I have a surprise coming your way. Just hold tight on Ord Pardon. ;)

13. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    I have a bad feeling about this. :p

[​IMG]

JediFalcon likes this.
  14. Intervention

Oct 1, 2012
    You should. :p

15. Intervention

Oct 1, 2012
    Tag Jusik and Sith! :D Sorry it took so long!

16. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    Bravo glad I could get a little giggle out of you :p

I read over that post earlier today and it looks more like story building then actual God modding. Not sure how the others see it, but that's my opinion.

17. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Is the Alacrity firing upon the Hard Eight with turbolasers?

If that is the case, then you will know that the Hard Eight in its current state, cannot repel firepower of that magnitude.

So what "mistake" have you made, which makes it necessary to destroy the ship, and kill Sard?

18. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Maybe the sniper isn't very good at his trade and missed. ;)

[​IMG]

19. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Who would deploy a sniper, that wasn't very good? Bravo hasn't posted any adverse wind conditions. The only sensible roleplay to being fired upon by a sniper is to accept a headshot, or through the torso.

I've already written the post, but I just want to see if the Alacrity is firing upon my ship, or just the rendezvous point.

20. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Well that is unfortunate, I had grown to rather like Captain Sard from the few bits you were able to post of him. Also unfortunate because if the Hard Eight can't escape with Seige Team 6 then this entire effort on Taab and son's part was an excercise in futility.

[​IMG]

21. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    That wasn't the mistake. My "mistake," which might had been wrong wording on my part, was jumping into your storyline without a reasonable outcome other then sitting there and looking pretty with a sniper. ;)

I left that post open for a reason; I wanted you Sith to post if you wanted adverse wind conditions to redirect the shot. I am not out to kill Sard; rather Sard is the logical target, so I'm taking the shot. I am perfectly okay with the shot missing...after all, these "clones" are fresh out of training. As Star Wars Battlefront II explains, the training before the first battle of the Clone Wars was nothing compared to the real thing. So, very logically, the shot can miss and I'm okay with it.

Make sure you read the Rocketjock before you post! Personally, I want Sard to survive, I think he's a great character. I just thought taking out a low level Stormie wouldn't make sense for a sniper if a Imperial Officer is standing there nice and pretty. So, please, I would like Sard to survive. There's your hint. ;) We can void or edit your post if you posted it already, to ensure that Sard survives. :)

Also, remember, we have those two bounty hunters. Maybe there armor equipment caught the data burst just moments before the shot and saved Sard's life...? [face_thinking]

The main goal of the sniper and the Jod clones is to get the son bounty hunter (to act as a "highway" to get him with the Mercs and the rest of the storyline ASAP).

As for the Alacrity, her firing arc is to provide cover fire, not to destroy any Imperial vessels. All in all, her mission profile is to detour Imperial pursuit once the son bounty hunter is captured.

22. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
  23. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Got it Jusik. Okay, so what about this, since I haven't done anything IC yet...

What if the Jod are after the Hard Eight for aiding in the assault on the DD and to capture Sard? Which will, as I see it, will fail. So both Sard and bounty hunters can escape...

Or does anyone else have a better plan for my epic mess up of all time? [face_nail_biting]

Or we can just void my post and I can restart???

24. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    I see no need for a restart, and this is far from the most epic mess up of all time. The biggest issues right now are seeing if Sard somehow survives the shot from the sandy knoll and figuring out a way for the Hard Eight to get away with Siege Team 6 so Taab gets paid. :p

Between the Mandalorians, Siege Team Six, and the Stormies that Sard brought along I bet they can fight off Viper team. ;)

Once that battle is over and the Imperials have gotten away, the Taab's will probably stop shooting and ask the KoJers if they are hiring. :p

[​IMG]

25. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    My posts should have conveyed that we sought this out of the way planet to stop for repairs, as the Hard Eight got ****** over by its encounters so far.

Its not my fault that the place has now been turned into Jod Central, but you can drop all talk of the Hard Eight "getting away", because it cannot.

Bravo, your previous post, where Viper Team's presence was simply a Royal Intelligence hunch, and if there was nothing there, no biggie, made more sense than the "all in" effort that it has now become.

Bardan_Jusik likes this.