main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Rocketjock Eatery (A Star Wars: Intervention OOC/OOG discussion thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Bravo, Apr 5, 2011.

1. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    I'm curious about how Soal reacts to Brice. All it takes is a maternal test and I might as well kiss the alias goodbye.

Records show Fress has been dead for 15 years and yet she has a ten year old son., This one will be for the books for sure [face_mischief] either that or she may have froze some eggs, there's always a way out :p will have to give this one some thought. [face_thinking]

2. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Okay, posted.

If the Alacrity leaves my frigate alone, as long as it doesn't present a clear danger, we should be okay?

3. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    I just wanted to add some spice to my sniper post. Probably the wrong way to do it with 20/20 hindsight, uh? ;) Well, I can't read your post right now Sith, I'm off to work. But I'll get to it tonight after Bible study.

4. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Sith, I read your post. Excellent. I'll get a post up Asap. I like how you used the weakness of a visible blaster bolt to save Sard.

5. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    I should have the Taab's reactions posted by tonight (I hope). ;)

[​IMG]

6. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Do or do not. There is no try. :p

7. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Well it's in. Not my best work and not real pleased with it, but it should do to get them to the next update.

[​IMG]

8. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    I liked it, nice flow and humour.

And, I like the Han Solo impression...

Leia (pats the bed beside her) Come 'ere, you scruffy looking nerf herder.

Han Well it's in. Not my best work and not real pleased with it, but it should do.

EDIT: This is turning into the longest THOOM in history.

Mitth_Fisto and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  9. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Getting tags up now. :cool:

EDIT: Typing them up I mean.

10. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Sith-I-5, how was the description of the Queen Guardsmen in my latest post at the "Main Complex"?

Mitth_Fisto, getting a post typed up now in response to your post.

CPL_Macja, your next.

11. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Typing up my response to the exciting desert firefight at the mo'.

Can I npc a couple of the Jod, when they get into close quarters with Sard's team?

12. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Yes. :) Remember, this is a "Test Group". So their full combat capabilities may or may not be what the "finished product" is on Actualize Station, since these soldiers were sent out in the field earlier then the rest for test trials. Just a FYI.

Oh and remember, Sith, there is nothing marking these soldiers as Jod. No markings or identification whatsoever.

13. Intervention

Intervention Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 1, 2012
    CPL_Macja, I was trying to look up a post in the New Jedi Outcasts RP, but the truncations have ruined it. If those old posts are ever restored, my Jim Palso storyline may be changing with it to ensure accuracy. Just FYI. Okay, typing up a post now.

14. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Thank you, re. Anonymous Jod usage.

You asked about Queens Guardsman at the Main Complex. First three paragraphs, using the Force Pike only, the monsters seems awfully accomodating to only attack at angles where the Force Pike could take them in the face. Was the attack happening in a corridor the width of a urinal?

The choice of music was inspiring though, and the descriptions were good.

15. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    Bravo, when I write up my next post, am I to assume that Kasumi and I made it to the mess hall from the med ward and is now with Captain Stakes and the QG....???

16. Intervention

Oct 1, 2012
    It was in the Mess Hall; I think Coffee and Falcon posted fight up to the Mess Hall, while I had orginally posted being in the Mess Hall already. But no biggie, since everything worked out. But the basis of the post was to show the Queen Guardsmen maybe a foot or two in front of the line of Jod soldiers and Jedi, as to protect his flanks relatively speaking. But I realize now I should of clarified where the Queen Guardsmen was standing.

Yes; see above comment. I think we were thinking two different locations, but no biggie. I had originally posted everyone in the mess hall. But everything worked out okay.

17. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002

Now, lessee.

Nope, I meant the Adamantine. It floated over the Sardonic, and while flying past, banked to the left. PET-9070 returned fire.

18. Intervention

Oct 1, 2012
    Oh. Well poop. :p Sorry. [face_blush] Misread it.

19. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    As an aside: To get the full effect of the Vulture brains antics you have to read their lines in that annoying battle droid voice from TCW cartoon. :p

[​IMG]

20. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    I've never watched the TCW cartoon...the few pieces I miss to have all the VHS/DVD Star Wars collection. I refuse to get the Blu-Ray, feeling that the editing in of Vader's voice at the Force Lightening at Luke Skywalker from the Emperor in ROTJ being the final straw. I just couldn't bring myself to justify such a...disgrace to that memorable scene in movie history, one of the best of all time in all movies. That look said everything in Ankain Skywalker from TPM to ROTJ...in that one look! So powerful.

And ruined by the Blu-Ray edit.

Thank the good LORD I can ignore such a awful edit and watch the DVDs. Probably why I haven't bought the Blu-Ray Star Wars editions.

Sorry, just had to vent. For all of Lucas' wonders in Star Wars, the two edits he did I can't stand are: 1) the removal of Anakin's original Force Ghost in ROTJ and replaced with Vader's from ROTS and 2) The Blue-Ray edit in ROTJ (mentioned above).

21. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Hope everyone is doing okay.

So Coffee got me the new Star Wars book "Scoundrels" by Timothy Zahn. Can't wait to read it! I always like books in the OT time period more then any other time frame. I'm splitting my time between "Scoundrels" and "The Thirty Years War: Europe's Tragedy" by Peter H. Wilson.

With "Scoundrels" being read, you may see some additions from the book to the Intervention game.

22. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Bravo, you might want to consider toning down your Kings' modernisation program.

With the events on Ord Pardron, the Empire ceased to be a credible opposition for the rest of this game and Allegiance. Nothing the Empire had, had an effect on the proprietary Jod technology.

Sure, we knocked out a Sentinel, but that existed outside the modernisation program. Only Taab's backpack rocket had any serious effect.

23. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Hmm... [face_thinking] I think so too. Let me look at adding additional information in the Quick Reference on "weak points" for all the vehicles. Thank you for the heads-up Sith! :)

24. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Negative, unless they had an agent on-board, and they don't. All in the clear.

Was thinking back on the ISD; I realized they didn't add air speeders, yet some of their drop-ships carrying them. I'm going to assume, judging from SW canon in video games, that a ISD would carry some form of air speeders to support the ground forces they carry. I'm going to make edits in regards to those possible air speeders to the King II and Hammer Strike-Landing Craft.

25. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Well, they managed to get a significant force in place to intercept Sard, so...