main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Rocketjock Eatery (A Star Wars: Intervention OOC/OOG discussion thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Bravo, Apr 5, 2011.

1. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Ah...Sith, I am mistaken, My fault! :oops:

2. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Hey Bravo, finally got my post up. Feel free to move Petain and Atin back to the Crusader's lounge for the meeting. Taab will be waiting there.

I assumed that the airless body had enough gravity to deploy a simple rope ladder since everyone seemed to be walking on the surface with no issues.

[​IMG]

3. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    There was a time when "Happiness was a cigar called Hamlet".

Today, it was hearing that a prisoner's mobile phone rang while he had it stashed up his-

4. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Ouch Sith. :eek:

So I am alive. Just been a few quiet days. Please pray for work on my end; it seems that whatever I do, I cannot please my Director, there's always something wrong that I am doing, even after I fix everything that was wrong the previous week. Just need the clear mind to do what is right: stay with the company or look for other employment options in 12 weeks (once my final Lead Teacher certification class is done). It almost seems like since I am the new guy, everyone else has been there for years and years (I've been there since August), and I'm the only male working at the Center, that I am singled out for a lot of things unfairly. After 4 write-ups, I'm getting really tired of the favoritism at my workplace. Other people are making just as many mistakes (if not more in some cases), but since they've been there since the dawn of age and are women (not meant to be sexist, but I am the only male there, so hence my point of view), they get a free pass to do whatever they want. I don't know, maybe I'm looking at it wrong. But by the eye test, that's what I am seeing.

Anyways, had to call HP Support for the Comp. Everything okay now, but took up my morning. Homework is caught up for college, just a few things here and there. Need to go run some errands, then I'll be back home to catch up on the game.

Question for the group here. Coffee and I have been throwing this idea around for months now and I've asked others what their thoughts are on it. So here it is: what would everyone's availability be for DragonCon in Georgia (U.S.A.) for 2014? Our one year wedding anniversary will be September 2014, so we were thinking about moving our anniversary celebration sooner in September then it actually is, so we could make DragonCon, which we have never been to and want to really go. We also wanted to see if we could get as many Intervention members together down there as we could so we could all hang out and be nerdy-like. ;)

With that said, Coffee and I make the trek to StarFest in Denver, CO every year in April. It lands right on our anniversary for dating every year, so its an excuse to celebrate our anniversary for dating and be nerdy all at the same time. My timing to ask Coffee to start dating was down-right awesome, wasn't it? ;):cool: If anyone wants to----and your more then welcome to---we're heading down to StarFest again this year and their Guest line-up looks awesome. We could also meet up there this year or next year as well. Let us know if you can make it to StarFest this year, we're still trying to set up Hotel reservations and trying to save money by sharing a room with friends.

Denver, CO has DIA (Denver International Airport), which the international part makes all the difference for members coming from different countries I would think. I don't know if Georgia has a international airport or not. But anyways, DragonCon was our thought for a group meet up in 2014 (if we can make it, we won't know for sure until late summer of 2014) and StarFest as a back-up location if DragonCon doesn't work for everybody.

5. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    CPL_Macja likes this.
  6. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Thanks Jusik! :D

I've been online for most of the day here; just been working on stuff for the second game. If everyone could, please give CPL_Macja a big thanks next time your online. His artistic talent is bringing the second game alive in amazing detail! :)

7. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
  8. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Bravo, no-one at work that you can talk to, get some support from?

As the only male there, there must have been something they saw in you to hire you in the first place, so, has something changed? A change of personnel, leadership, something in your life that might have triggered the first write-up?

9. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Sith, DRL was a damper when I got all 4 write ups. Its been almost a month and a half since my last write up. I've had the Assistant in Management, who has worked with the Director for a decade, stand up for me and even her comments have been pushed aside by the Director. The advice I got from the AIM was to keep my head low and do my best. Which I am doing.

The Director has been there for 30 years and the Assistant Director 10 years. So the management do it there way. The AIM is under the Assistant Director. I have improved on everything, per my Director, on my writeups. Only 1 writeup is still lingering, the last one. I'll get praise one week, then get yelled at the next week. Its been this good week/bad week cycle for 3 months now. And I'm getting tired of getting yelled at, even after I do what they tell me to do per the letter.

The Quick Reference is going under many changes. I'm still working on it. What is everyone's thoughts so far? Is it easier to read?

10. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Added King I Configuration-class Battleship, King I Carrier-class Battleship, King I Assault Ship-class Battleship, and King I Hospital Ship-class Battleship to the Quick Reference.

11. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    I will get to all tags later today. :) I want to get as much done as I can regarding the Quick Reference while I have the time between college homework and work. It will greatly help everyone with this game and the next game I feel. On that note, there are
    MAJOR SPOILERS
    in several parts of the Galaxy Defender-class Battle Cruiser (I will be working on this data sheet throughout the day). You may read the spoilers all you want, since it will give you a better understanding of what happens at the end of this game and start of the next game's storyline. The spoilers won't spill the beans on a lot, but just enough to spoil you. If you don't want to be spoiled for the second game, don't click on the spoiler tag.

12. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Thanks, CPL_ Macja!

13. Intervention

Intervention Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 1, 2012
    Getting to tags! :)

14. Intervention

Oct 1, 2012
    Getting to Jim Palso, Havah Jeth/Christ Streets, and Jason Lasso next.

15. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Was watching a programme this evening on satellites, and learned something that could relate to our hyper-jump discussion.

So, planetary gravity. In working out how to do geo-stationary satellites, eg. ones that stay over the same bit of geography constantly, slowing an orbitting sat down enough to do that, slows it too much, and it risks falling into the atmosphere and burning up.

Scientists calculated that the further out or up a satellite goes, the weaker Earth's gravitational pull is, and at 36,000 kilometres, or more accurately, 35,786km, the gravity is so week that you can slow the sat down, and it does not feel the effects of planetary gravity.

So a bit beyond that distance from an Earth-sized planet in the SW universe, should be safe enough to do a light jump.

16. Intervention

Oct 1, 2012
    Wow. Good job Sith! Good research! :)

Tags up. :) Getting to Jason Lasso and Quick Reference next.

Thoughts on Quick Reference so far?

17. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Added Simulation Rooms and Astrometrics Lab to the King II-class Battleship.

18. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Added the spoiler information to the Galaxy Defender-class Battle Cruiser. Will add more information to the spoiler section as it becomes available.

19. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Man, I'm assuming the Quick Reference sucks. Everyone is being quiet. :_|

:p

So , CPL_Macja is making me drool. I mean serious, I am having a total nerd drool fest over here with the Galaxy Defender-class Battle Cruiser he mocked up...not to mention the size comparison chart. Yea, drool, yea... =P~

20. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    No we are all still reading through it ;)

21. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Nah, you're right; it sucks.

KIDDING!!!

Queen Whatserface is a very patient woman; personally, I would have at least asked hubby or the starshipwrights for a Queen-class vessel to go along with all the King-class ones. Queen-class hospital ship, or surveillance vessel, the latter inspired by an episode of Coupling, where Steve's partner Susan keeps asking "Where you going?" whenever he tries to leave the room, until....

King-class battleship - "I'm off to patrol the Northern Stretch."

Light-class destroyer - "Nobody asked."

King-class battleship - "Sorry, everytime I got to the loo....uh, try to leave port, the Queen-class always asks me where I'm going."

22. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    Got my post up SithI sorry it took me so long to do it. I tried to finish it last night but fell asleep while typing it :p

Sent from a Galaxy far away via R2-N6

23. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    Sith how well do you handle writing up someone being broken up with from a girls point of view? If you want I can give you some pointers on what she might be feeling...

24. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    I posted the Light-class Destroyer's specs in the Quick Reference. CPL_Macja amazing art for the ship is with it. Check it out! :D

25. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Heads up. Funny how you look at things after art work is done. I'm going to give a available upgrade to Light-class destroyers of being able to upgrade the turbolaser cannons to heavier weapons. I'll post details tomorrow.

Brought to you by a newbie smart phone user.