main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Rocketjock Eatery (A Star Wars: Intervention OOC/OOG discussion thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Bravo, Apr 5, 2011.

1. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Updated the Light-class Destroyer with DBY-827 Heavy Turbolaser Turrets. It made more sense with the artwork.

2. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Looked at the Light-class Destroyer, and impressed with your works, Bravo and CPL.

Then, I moved down the page to see the other ship segments "coming soon", and I felt that we are going a bit overboard here. I don't know how many planets there are in the Kingdom of Jod, but given the way their citizens look, like something out of the Civil War and 18th Century stuff; the environmental limitations that cause any tech to rust and dissolve on the planet surfaces, which must limit their industries somewhat; just how much tax revenue and resources can you realistically raise from the Jod territories to fund all the diverse vessels and vehicles of the expansion programme?

If you think of the Imperial Starfleet, Palpatine has the whole galaxy to draw on for taxes, nationalising corporations, plundering worlds, the D-Prog system giving the Corporate Sector control of an entire galactic spiral arm, in order to fund his expansion, so given what King Alex has to draw on, I am wondering, is it going a bit far?

JediFalcon, yes please, I would welcome your assistance on the Cradmoon response.

3. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001

First, thank you Sith. But without CPL_Macja artistic talents, its just data sheets.

For your following question, I have a three fold answer.

1. Jod people
    You have a civilization that, with the Red Rock Kingdom, was at it's prime, the protector of the Expansion Region. Then, the galaxy turned their backs on them. The immeasurable drive to redeem their people's history has no bounds. While this is not the case in all circles of life, it is nonetheless a driving fire deep within them. The will of any person can never be underestimated.

2. King-class Battleships, King's Army, etc.

As it has already been clearly stated, the King-class Battleships are greatly under powered for their size. As with the King's Army, the Battleships were designed for "just enough," to protect the people from the Beasts. Their ability to combat pirates and smaller threats is well suited, but unless in numbers of mass, their ability against modern SW star ships is poorly outmatched. This carries over to the King's Army: well suited against Beasts, pirates, and smaller threats. Against modern forces, greatly out-matched. While both the navy and army were bound by the time restrictions on their home planet, as I have stated IC already, this restriction did not hold true to the rest of their planets and they could---if so chose---become more advanced in their warfare technology, but did not. After hundreds of thousands of years of this restriction on technology saved millions...billions...trillions...tens of trillions in non-spent tax money? The savings were off the chart, understandably so.

3. Isolated

While isolation can have it's downfalls, it can also have its upsides. Aside from Beasts and rogue pirate ships within their own culture, the Kingdom of Jod was able to exploit the resources of both their home planet, other worlds in their star system, and other star systems in their isolated galaxy without a challenge. Almost unhindered (except for Beasts and pirates) resource gathering and production can equal large gains. Furthermore, as I will explain more IC, King Alex wasn't the first Royal Family King or Queen to stockpile their gathered resources for future use, understanding the prophecy. Ill regardless, all the stock piling of resources in the galaxy doesn't make up for corporate support and muscle and large tax bases, which the Kingdom of Jod did not have. So while the ships may seem impressive, remember, their numbers---like in the home system---will be small.

Planet of Hope

As will be explained later in this game, their secret Jod world of "Hope" was the destination for roughly over 50% of all those gathered resources away from the home system. Over the years, that stockpile can add up, especially with a high end research center located there with shipyards. Once again, the lack of a larger galaxy's population's tax base and corporate muscle restricts the hidden future Jod assists rather small compared to the years they've had to perfect their creations.​

4. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Okay, fine.

5. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    I know it has holes in the explanation, Sith. The Kingdom of Jod is supposed to be mythical and exist, to a point, outside of regular realism functions to the real world---as all myths do and legendary stories do. But, avoidong god-moding as much as possible.

At work. Will get to tags tonight.

Brought to you by a newbie smart phone user.

6. Intervention

Intervention Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 1, 2012
    Getting to tags in between 3 college assignments this weekend (2 tonight). Oh fun. :p

Bardan_Jusik, I'm getting a tag to you now. :)

Sith-I-5, I will get a better (and more realistic) explanation to you about the Jod and their money. I was reviewing the second game's storyline today. :)

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  7. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Updated the Light-class Destroyer with more pictures and with added information for the weapons in the weaponry section.

8. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Updated the "Kingdom of Jod Star Ships, Vehicles, and Vessels" in the Quick Reference, 8th post on the 1st page (7 posts after the intro post). I hope this will shed some light onto why the Jod Military Forces operate the way they do and how the Jod have a large money reserve (aside from the IC post).

This update may still be in construction at a later date to ensure realism as defined by the Intervention Handbook. Also, I will be working as hard as I can to ensure that the Kingdom of Jod's storyline----from a economic and military point of view---adhere to a more enforced regulation of realism as defined by the Intervention Handbook. If you see any detraction from this statement of realism with the Kingdom of Jod, as I believe Sith-I-5 was pointing out to me here the other day, please let me know in the Rocketjock and I will take corrective action immediately.

Thank you. :)

9. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Nice post explaining the Jod finances. What I especially liked in a post that featured the House of Royal Intelligence making people disappear, and SGIS, is that you did not intimate that SGIS tolerated, knew about, or cooperated with such behavior.

Bravo likes this.
  10. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Thank you Sith. :) I wanted to leave it open for the SGIS...I just couldn't justify that if these shell corporations had been around for that long, that the SGIS would have no idea about them. However, I wanted to leave it open to your creativity with it either way.

11. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    So found this and funny. Very funny. [face_rofl]

12. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    And even funnier! [face_rofl]

Okay, off to painting the room. I'll be back (I sound like the terminator :p).

13. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Updated the Quick Reference; in particular, updated the Jod Military Forces information section and the Galaxy Defender-class Battle Cruiser. Added CPL_Macja awesome NEW photos to both. Go and check them out! :D

I will have more storyline updates, responses to tags, etc. up ASAP. All the updates to the Quick Reference are for preparation for Intervention: Allegiance. :cool:

Is everyone enjoying the direction of the remainder of this game and where we are going in the second game? Please be honest, so I can adjust things where needed in the game. I am trying my best to provide a exciting RPG experience to you all. :)

14. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Err...shouldn't Dude be on the Johnny Boy?

15. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001

:oops:

16. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Modified the Light-class Destroyer's speed to 70 MGLT after doing some research on fast capital ships today (more edits may be coming for planetary speed, maybe).

Okay, so I just posted the Petulant-class Heavy Cruiser in the Quick Reference. This quote from the special notes section, Sith-I-5, you may find of interest in terms to the Kingdom of Jod and their fleet of ships...

17. Intervention

Intervention Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 1, 2012
    Feeling sick and a massive headache. May be a bit slow in posting next day or two. :(

18. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    [:D] hope you feel better soon!

[​IMG]

19. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Yeah, I get that way every time my mind turns to responding to CPL's last post

Get some rest.

20. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    Hey man, you could always just let him keep walking and have her go and find solace in some Jod soldiers arms.

JediFalcon likes this.
  21. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    CPL does make a good point. If you can find a Jod soldier willing to hold her while she's crying....

Hope you feel better soon Bravo Must be still going around. My current padawan learner from the GOL is sick as well...

22. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Mm, that sounds like a plan.

Thank you both.

23. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Your welcome Just do the best you can

24. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Okay-dokey, RL issues may derail my posting frequency over coming days.

25. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    try to get it in before everyone gets back together. No pressure