main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Rocketjock Eatery (A Star Wars: Intervention OOC/OOG discussion thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Bravo, Apr 5, 2011.

1. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    o_O for real o_O

2. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
  3. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    I would hope not and Lasso better not let this leadership thing go to his head or there will be problems....

4. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    I thought that Game Master picture on the last page was the funniest thing ever. They had some good ones on Google, but that one was the best I felt. Its just classic. :p

5. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Mm, for some reason, I am willing to regard being a Co-Power Hungry Douche Bag as a badge of honour! :cool:

6. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
  7. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    I'm just wondering where they got a picture of me?

:confused:

8. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    [face_rofl]

So a look into my inner soul. If anyone wants to know who I am deep inside, here you go:

9. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Shattered. On toast.

Formula One's first race is down in Australia, Melbourne's Albert Park, and qualifying - day time for them - is 5am for me.

10. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    EDITING. Read below. :oops:

11. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    So I'm reading through The Essential Atlas on pages 172 and 173, to try to figure out the time frame of A New Hope. So far, taking 2. A Giant Awakens, Darth Vader informs Tarkin of the Imperial Senate's termination (the video I posted a few days ago IC) above the planet Despayre (Horuz), Galactic North, grid L-5; the Dark Lord of the Sith has Leia at this point. I am going to assume---and this is where my earlier IC posts will conflict with Star Wars canon and hence why I have exited Vader from the scene for a little bit---that it took Vader and his Star Destroyer at least a week, if not more, to navigate from Tatooine to Horuz. From Horuz, the Death Star travels to Alderaan with a Class 4 hyperdrive.

According to 3. The Tarkin Doctrine on page 172, the Imperial Navy has cleared the space lanes from Horuz to Alderaan for the Death Star's travel; however, the only major hyperspace route that the Death Star takes is the Hydian Way; there are no publicly charted hyperspace routes directly out of Horuz. The closet hyperspace lane from Horuz (Galactic North, grid L-5) is either the hyperlane running between Ord Trasi, Mygeeto, and Garqi or between Garqi, Ketaris, and Agamar. Ord Trasi would seem like a likely starting point on a public hyperlane, as would Ketaris (both are the closet planets to Horuz and while both planets would become Imperial Fortress Worlds after the Battle of Endor in 4 ABY, Ord Trasi was a major Imperial shipyard and would remain so until 17 ABY; after the Yuuzhan Vong Invasion in 29 ABY, both Ord Trasi and Keteris would join the Imperial Remnant). The two planets seem the most logical places for the Death Star to reach from Horuz for the cleared space lanes by the Imperial Navy, Ord Trasi more-so then Ketaris because of the high concentration of Imperial forces already there because of the shipyards.

With all of that said, it should take the Death Star roughly a week or more to reach Alderaan. We're on day 2 (roughly) of a 7 to 9 day trip for the Death Star, if my research and math is correct. I just wanted to put the game into a time frame for everyone. I hope it helps. :)

HOWEVER, according to the Wookieepedia article on hyperspace, it takes 16 hours from Alderaan to Tatooine (without gravity wells and other hyperspace hazards in the way). So, assuming that the Galactic North-West was somewhat important (with the Imperial Remnant fighting tooth and nail for it and the presence of 2 Agriworlds and Shipyards all near the Death STar), I would assume that the travel distance would roughly be the same.

So, in short, the Destruction of Alderaan is only a few hours away...

12. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    I'm going to be resigning Lasso's flight suit, the new colors will be below (just changing color schemes around). I also changed around the requirements for the use and carry of Lasso's A280 blaster rifle and added some equipment/details to Lasso's Extreme Encounter Suit (aka "Batman suit").

Name: Jason Lasso
    Species: Human
    Homeworld: Corellia
    Affiliation: The Mercs

Personality
    ---Traits: Punctual, inquisitive, observant; every bit the culture of a Corellian as well.
    ---Likes: Staying in shape, learning and exploring new things, exploring wreckage of starships and sea vessels, studying history, hanging out with friends, playing holo games, watching holo movies, reading books (both paper and holo disk), eating carrots (and chewing gum and beef jerky), and helping people
    ---Dislikes: People with evil intent, arrogant people, liars, politics (Lasso really hates politics), and the Galactic Empire
    ---Habits: Scratching his head, cracking his knuckles and fingers, rubbing his face when tired, scratching his feet with each other

Appearance
    ---Skin Color: Light
    ---Height: 1.77 meters (5 feet, 10 inches)
    ----Weight: 90.71 kilograms (200 pounds)
    ---Hair Color: Brown
    ---Eye Color: Blue-gray
    ---Clothing:

Every-day clothing:

Black pants (like these, not blue in color) tucked into black boots with two brown blaster thigh holsters around each thigh; a brown utility belt is around the waist (the pouches came with everything, including extra energy packs, rations, water, tools and equipment, and even a gold compass). The right holster carries a S-5 heavy blaster pistol for main use, while the left holster carries a WESTAR-34 blaster pistol for last defense close range use. A forest green short-sleeve shirt covers the chest, while a brown bandolier (single strap) goes across the chest from right shoulder to just above the left hip; a knife with brown scabbard is attached to the bandolier near the upper right chest. A small scabbard, intended for a lightsaber hilt, sits on the left hip for an easy draw, but is currently empty. A jacket like this (without the puffed up neck roll collar) covers the torso further (the "Merc Symbol" could be seen on the right shoulder arm, the Old Jedi Order symbol on the left arm, and the Novahawk---Rebel Privateers--- on the left front mid flap of the coat); blue sunglasses covers the eyes, but are currently put safely away on a added pouch on the utility belt. A brown leather covered PAC20 visual wrist comlink was on the left forearm, build into the black phrik-armored wristband gauntlet, which were on both forearms. A pair of brown tactical fingerless gloves were folded away on the right side of the belt in front, an additional brown C1 personal comlink being in a small pouch on the left side of the belt. For good measure, a A280 blaster rifle could be scrapped across his back, although this was done without the jacket in place. If the jacket was in place, the A280 blaster rifle was carried by hand or shouldered by the strap. Lasso only carried the A280 blaster rifle when he knew he needed the extra firepower and was rarely seen outside of a known combat situation (aka it wasn't usually seen, unless needed).

Starfighter Suit:

A standard Rebel Flight Suit (all the gear and equipment with it) black in color; the shoulders of the flight suit were yellow, as was the flak vest, life support box, and webbing. A S-5 heavy blaster pistol was holstered around the right thigh with a black holster, while the pistol flares (see "Behind the scenes" on Rebel Flight Suit) could be attached to the barrel of the blaster pistol and used. A survival knife is attached to the left thigh in a black scabbard.

The helmet was in two colors: black on the right side of the helmet and yellow on the left side of the helmet. The visor was black in color. On either side of the front of the helmet just above the visor were the words QUAGMIRE, the first 4 letters in italic yellow words on the right side of the helmet and the last 4 words in italic black words on the left side of the helmet. On either side of the helmet is a picture of a cartoon-looking bird hitting a cliff wall, the picture being in various colors; the bird is white, with its startled face looking out towards the viewer of the picture with large white eyes and black pupils; its yellow beak is open in shock as its body hits the brown cliff. With feathers flying in all directions, the bird's feet are yellow. The background of the picture is a white circle background in which the picture is contained.

Extreme Encounter Suit (EES):

Rarely used and only when needed. Imagine here. Modifications described below:

---Other Attributes: Lasso stands 5'10 and weights in at 200 pounds. He has an athletic build and stays in shape.
    ---Other Details: His hair is cut to a fade style haircut.
    Weapons: See clothing above.

Starship (Starfighter only)
    ---Name: Sweetheart (call-sign Quagmire)
    ---Class: T-65 X-Wing Starfighter
    ---Hyperdrive Class: Stock model
    ---Weapon(s): Stock model
    ---Shields: Stock model
    ---Sublight Speed: Stock model
    ---Crew: One pilot, one R2-series astromech droid ("Dude"; yellow primary color, replaces the "white" in the link, and gray dome and black secondary color, replaces the "blue" color in link)
    ---Passenger(s): None
    ---Max Cargo (kg): Stock model
    ---Interior Description: Stock model appearance
    ---Other Details: Black fuselage from the engines to the half way point of the canopy, with yellow taking over from the half way point of the canopy to the nose. The wings are black on the half way point to the aft part of the wings and yellow on the half way point to the forward part of the wings. The laser cannons would be a alternating color between the four cannons of all black for two of them and all yellow for the other two, each color being diagonal and opposite of the other color. On the forward part of the starfighter to the nose of the starfighter, on either side, would be the front half of a dire-cat in full color with claws out-stretched, mouth open with teeth and drool showing, in an attacking position facing towards the nose of the starfighter.

The Force
    ---Sensitivity: Force-sensitive
    ---Religion: Jedi
    ---Lightsaber (not attained until Intervention: Allegiance)
    -----Crystal(s): From Ilum
    -----Blade(s): 2
    -----Color(s): Green
    -----Handle Description(s): 2 (imagines coming soon, hopefully)
    ---Force Abilities: Level One (see "Force Chart" in Quick Reference)
    ---Force Weakness: Lack of experience and official training; "rogue and rough" in his skills.
    ---Other Force Object(s): N/A

Biography
    ---Personal History: Jason Lasso was born on Corellia to middle class parents. After graduation from high school, Lasso tried to enter the Imperial Academy to become a TIE Fighter Pilot, which was his dream. When his dreams were cut short even before he had the option to apply for the Imperial Academy, the eighteen year-old went into the Fire Academy to pursue a career in the Fire Service. After six years in the fire service, he went in a new direction: mercenary.

Although it may seem a radical change, from fire fighter to mercenary, Lasso's journey wasn't without preparation. With the beating heart of a starfighter pilot still deep within, the young man always wanted to chase after the stars; he wasn't fully happy towards the later years in the fire service, there was something missing, something deep down inside of him, that he wasn't doing. After a journey of almost two years in which the young Lasso traveled the galaxy and worked in his career field, he picked up experience in martial arts, which he put a great deal of effort into; he also started studies into a high school-born obsession of studying galactic history, which he had many sleepless nights over study books of galactic history. After almost two years had come about, Lasso realized that at some point his fire career was more routine, more like a job and forced labor, than it was his dream anymore. Once the fun had left him for his career, he decided to go in a new direction.

After his family was murdered at the hands of Imperial Stormtroopers, Jason Lasso fled from Corellia in part of rumors that the Empire was now looking for him and in part because of fear. He was aided by the secret anti-Imperial Corellian spy organization known as The Orginzation (who his father worked for and why his parents were killed) during his escape and early direction to the mercenary organization known as The Mercs, but it would be some months before the young Jason Lasso joined up with the Mercs.

When Lasso finally ended up at Port Haven to meet these Mercs, after several months of filling his thirst for revenge against the Empire for his parents' deaths, young Lasso was able to impress a certain man by the name of Rick Taller. It turned out this Rick Taller fellow was the leading officer, the Captain, of a small mercenary squadron of pilots known as The Mercs. The older and experienced Taller was willing to give Lasso a shot at his dream of becoming a starfighter pilot in exchange for one promise: that Lasso would survive past his first mission. Lasso would come to respect that line from the old man, learning from his own experience as a mercenary pilot---however limited it was at the time---that surviving every mission was the challenge, not just getting past the first mission.

As of the Battle of Watava in 3 months before the Battle of Yavin, Lasso was a young flight lead with the Mercs, being with them only for several months at that point. A accidental study of a mysterious rock known as the Red Rock would propell the Mercs and Lasso into a ensuring 3 month fight for their lives against the Empire, mysterious "Beast Forces," the Galactic Treasure Hunters, rogue Rebel fractions within the Rebel Alliance, and a encounter with the mysterious and thought mythical government known as the Kingdom of Jod. Lasso would form close relationships with both Winterkill and Havah Jeth during this time, the latter trying to kill him during this time period, and would become attracted to a young Jedi known as Kasumi.

Also during the 3 months after Watava, Jason would almost die and be saved by "The Whites," be awaken to his Force abilities while aboard a Imperial Star Destroyer and trying to escape, face the Mercs' arch enemy in ISB Investigator Hilick Soal and be tortured by him to the point of near-breaking, only to find inner strength and purpose through it and realize that Hilick Soal had a vision----and a purpose to torturing Jason Lasso---to bring down the Galactic Empire, if not through Hilick personally, but through the will of the Force.

Lasso would serve in countless engagements with the Mercs during the 3 months before 0 BBY, including:
    • Watava
    • Octagon on Port Haven
    • A space battle above Port Haven
    • A Imperial trap in a destroyed Rebel Alliance fleet's debris
    • The events of Asteroid One
    • Imperial Supply Base mission against the Imperial Star Destroyer Terminator
    • Rescue of Winterkill after the Imperial Supply Base
    • Escape from a Victory-class Star Destroyer above the same planet and introduction of Doctor Russel Cook to the Mercs
    • Defense of the Johnny Boy against Commando Droids
    • Defense of the Johnny Boy against hidden explosives by Imperial agents
    • Mission to capture the "Last Battle of the Red Rock Kingdom," also known as the Imperial Convoy Mission (where he was saved by "The Whites" just before death)
    • The Imperial trap of King Alex "the Just"
    • The Block
    • The evacuation of the Planet of Exile

Lasso also served with the Jod Military Forces briefly in the King's Army during the Jod Civil War in 0 BBY as a King's Army Soldier.

After returning from Hilick Soal's torture between the Block and the evacuation of the Planet of Exile (the stint with the Jod Military Forces was after the Block and before the Planet of Exile), Captain Taller (who lost his legs at Patch-4) hands over command of the Mercs and their beloved command ship, the Johnny Boy, to Lasso after seeing the fighting desire to continue Taller's quest for justice against the Galactic Empire.

---Military History: Mercenary work only

---Traumatic Experiences: Just weeks before he left the fire service, Jason Lasso received word that his family was killed by Imperial Stormtroopers when information was linked to his family aiding the Rebel Alliance; the loss of a good friend in fellow fire fighter Steven Neil, near death during the Imperial Convoy Mission, and torture at the hands of Hilick Soal.

13. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Aren't Imperial forces in the habit of creating or lengthening their own hyper routes? I know they "blazed" one or two secret ones along the route to Endor, to build the second Death Star.

14. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Character sheet edited in above Sith's post.

Yes, they are Sith. But I couldn't find (or remember) anything related to the First Death Star. I know the Rebel Alliance had many secret hyperspace routes around the Core Worlds they used to avoid Imperial forces during the Galactic Civil War (discussed towards the end of the Yuuzhan Vong Invasion book series---23 or so books).

15. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Sorry for the delay on my post. I was trying for something more ambitious and never got it to flow right yesterday so I went with this instead. In any case it is up now.

[​IMG]

16. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    I thought it was a great post, Bardan.

Well played, Bravo, re. the wormholes.

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  17. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Thanks Sith.

Bardan_Jusik, that post was awesome! The memory flashback, with the music, gave it a very Vietnam War feeling. Very nice.

18. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Thank you, that's what I was going for. The previous version kept getting bogged down in an ambush scene and was taking too long and just never flowed right. Too much action and internal monologue explaining why the Mandalorians were there, it got too unwieldy for a flashback.. So I went with a battle's aftermath instead. Glad it seemed to have worked. :)

[​IMG]

19. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    Bravo Josch would love to help out, but he doesn't have access to the Royal Court as his 'father' has said to stay away from Vernet. Even though at this point in their history a rebellion has taken place and Josch's evil great-Uncle has been de-throned, the court has been turned over to the Stewards, the Leaders of the Clans of the Four Trees. So in essence the only resources that he has at his disposal are what are in his own personal account.

Also, Vernet does not have a standing Navy, they actually only have an Army that is in the earliest form of developing (less than a decade old) and it is still technically a protectorate of the Empire. So no help there.

Sorry.

20. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Yea Jusik, it worked wonderfully! I find that as I get older as a RPer (12 years this September on the boards...I need a senior citizenship card! :p), I like to write more the post-action posts verses the during action. I find that it gives the character more depth.

No worries CPL.

21. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Coffee_Ninja and JediFalcon, awesome posts with the shadowports. One side note, Fress, you were just a year shy of Lando's running of cloud city. Check out the quote below and the links within. With that said, Lando should be a major player in the Cloud City circles nonetheless by this point and should be on Cloud City.

Quote is from Wookieepedia.

22. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Ummm,...... hmmm I thought it was in the Han Solo trilogy two months before Battle of Yavin or was he running the ship yard and they played in the tournament on cloudy city where Han won the Falcon from Calrissian...

23. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    I don't know. [face_dunno] The sources don't list the Han Solo Trilogy as a reference...

24. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Let me go ask over in the Literature forum. They may have the answer for us...

Posted a thread, just waiting for a response now. :)

25. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Or, you could PM HanSolo29. She certainly gives the impression that she would be an expert on the character, and his books.

I am only familiar with the Brian Daley Han Solo trilogy, and I got the distinct impression that it took place immediately prior to A New Hope.