1. Oh hai Guest!

Welcome to the RPF!

OOC Rocketjock Eatery (A Star Wars: Intervention OOC/OOG discussion thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Bravo, Apr 5, 2011.

Moderators: Penguinator, Ramza
  1. Falcon Chosen One

star 8
    Loved your post with Havah Bravo, spot on for all the withdrawl symptoms for drinking. Except you missed liver failure.... But you got 95% of them..
  2. Mitth_Fisto Chosen One

star 6
    Well to be fair the nasea is a bit off as well considering species and past history ;) So leaving liver damage off the table is more accurate as well. He is not human and his people have no problem switching out parts as needed :cool:
  3. Falcon Chosen One

star 8
    doesn't mean to destroy them in the first place
    Last edited by JediFalcon, Mar 21, 2013
  4. Bardan_Jusik Mand'alor - Manager of the EUC, SWC and Spinoffs

Manager
    star 10
    Just a heads up, I am not ignoring Falcon's tag, but the part where Fress approached Taab and Lasso was edited in after my post. so I will wait until after Bravo has had a chance to post to respond.

[IMG]
    Last edited by Bardan_Jusik, Mar 21, 2013
  5. Falcon Chosen One

star 8
    Just a note, I move to have Lasso's head examined with a cat scan :p
  6. Bravo Chosen One

star 6
    Just a note, I don't disagree with Falcon on that one. :p

Doing a DOL (Demonstration of Learning) for work. Yes, I know, I'm off the clock. But, such is a teacher's life. So give me about an hour before I can look at the boards.
    Last edited by Bravo, Mar 21, 2013
    JediFalcon likes this.
  7. Falcon Chosen One

star 8
    you're agreeing with me :p awesomeness :D
  8. Mitth_Fisto Chosen One

star 6
    I must in turn disagree with both of you, he doesn't need a CAT scan. What a cat has to say on the matter is irrelevent, I believe an MRI for structural malformations may be in order though :p
    JediFalcon likes this.
  9. Falcon Chosen One

star 8
    [face_laugh] good one Mitthy but a cat scan is basically questioning his sanity :p

An MRI does give you a clearer view of the brain then a cat scan would :p
    Last edited by JediFalcon, Mar 21, 2013
  10. Mitth_Fisto Chosen One

star 6
  11. Falcon Chosen One

star 8
    I call a No Lasso club whose in :p
    CPL_Macja likes this.
  12. Sith-I-5 Force Ghost

star 5
    Are the Sword of Justice and Vella Gulf docked with Actualize Station?
  13. Bravo Chosen One

star 6
    I void such clubs. :p

Yes, Sith, their docked at the station. The SOJ just recently returned from that pirate raid where Lasso got all the shuttles, etc.
  14. Sith-I-5 Force Ghost

star 5
    Thank you.

Bit unfair that I cannot quip about whose No [insert name here] Club, I would have.

Besides, lassos are useful. Reining in horses and the occassional Tyrannosaurus Rex.
  15. Falcon Chosen One

star 8
    funny :p

no Jason Lasso Club :p

Want in
  16. Bravo Chosen One

star 6
    So, if my post makes Lasso look like a ***-hole, that's not the point. I'm trying to paint a picture of a young captain trying to rebuild a mercenary organization from the ground-up with a looming timeline over his head. So all of his decisions are going to be rushed, at least at this juncture of time. Once we have a crew in place, I can slow down the character and role playing him as a young captain getting the handle of things, as I want to. But, we need a crew first...so...yea...
  17. Sith-I-5 Force Ghost

star 5
    But you do it so well. At first, I thought you did such a good job making Captain Stakes look like an ***-hole that when I was reading that post with him threatening Perez and Hilton, it felt like I was giving someone a colonoscopy, then I quickly thought, no, King Alex was a way bigger ***-hole. But now that I have turned my mind to the matter, the whole entire Kingdom of Jod are a Race of ***-holes!

The Expansionist Region turned their backs on you, did they? I can ******' see why now!
    Last edited by Sith-I-5, Mar 22, 2013
    JediFalcon likes this.
  18. Bravo Chosen One

star 6
    lol Yes, Sith, well I tried to paint the Jod as a bit stuck up...but honest people as well.

Lasso will be an ******* when he needs to be, that's the whole point: to make him that younger, Merc-centered leader that Taller seemed to loose over the years. But I do want a good balance. I just feel like my posts have been too rushed as of late, but I guess its just me, trying to tie up too many smaller actions to get to the big storyline parts. I just feel like its been bleeding off into my character's actions too much...just a lot to do IC and I want to try out that new Captain's Ready Room chair already... :p But I need a crew first for the JB.
    Last edited by Penguinator, Mar 23, 2013
  19. Bravo Chosen One

star 6
    ATTENTION ALL PLAYERS!!!!

Okay, so things are getting to role. Here is a update on what will be happening soon, so everyone is on the same page:

Non-Player Characters (NPCs)

As you all probably know by now, the Johnny Boy is in need of a crew. As has always been our custom, except for key positions like Hanger Chief, the "crew" has been NPCs and a few of our NPCs have taken on quite a life of their own, which is awesome. With that said, in-game we're operating with roughly 30 or so crew members, far below any skeleton or standard crew size for a Marauder-class Corvette. The droid security force has solved our security / infantry problem, but for the most part---realistically---the Johnny Boy is operating with a overworked crew on the fridge. When Lasso is officially announced as Taller's replacement, I expect a few souls to jump ship in game for the NPC crew, which will leave us even more short-staffed.

When our crew-catching adventure departs from Actualize Station here soon, we're gathering the first part of a new crew (I was watching Pirates of the Caribbean last night by the way, love that movie!). If you so desire, everyone may create a NPC or two that will be our "staple" NPCs (like Monk, Ler, and the Wookiee brothers, etc.)---no Jedi, Sith, etc please. You may create personalities, skills, etc. for them. I do ask that you make a scaled down version of a character sheet for them and post them here in the Rocketjock (see below). I'll take those character sheets and post them in the Quick Reference. We're looking for the following:

• 1 or 2 additional NPC hanger techs
    • 1 new NPC cook
    • 1 or 2 additional NPC organic security guards (see below)
    • 3 or 4 NPC pilots (to fill out the squadron ranks some until we have more new players join)
    • 1 or 2 new NPC bridge crew members

I will be creating a new bridge crew member and a starfighter pilot (please note that the NPC starfighter pilots can go in and out of limbo as needed depending on IC pilots---hence, try to create someone that we can move in and out of limbo without having to create extensive IC reasons why and bring them back equally so when needed). I'll get a NPC character sheet up asap here, so we know what we're looking for.

NPC Character Sheet (can be used for Merc and non-Nerc characters---hint, hint @Sith-I-5 ;))

Name:
    Species:
    Homeworld:
    Affiliation:
    Physical Appearance
    Skin Color:
    Eye Color:
    Hair Color:
    Height:
    Weight (optional):
    Clothing:
    Brief History
    Job Title (Pilot, Gunner, Tech, etc.):
    History:

Security Guards (NPCs)

It has been mentioned IC that @Bardan_Jusik character Taab will be taking over security duties and light intel duties for the Mercs. With that said, I will be bringing aboard a NPC organic guard force, I just need to get the back story straight first for them.

Squadron and Ground Ops

This has been hinted at IC and is picking up steam. I will be moving Havah over to a more spec ops-focused role, which will play directly into his character's strengths. Fress will be taking over the Squadron duties.

What it will all look like

Streets and Vacks will be put into more of a background NPC role (always there, but quiet, unless needed). So what I plan on doing is moving @Sith-I-5 up to second-in-command IC (to fit with his CO-GM duties as well) as Commander, have @Mitth_Fisto move up to Lieutenant Commander and oversee the ground side of things / get a demotion (cause of the drinking) to under Falcon's character on the squadron side of things; I see Mitth's character being that shadowy undercover ground ops guy in tight spots (he always was that anyways ;)). @Bardan_Jusik would oversee the security details of the Mercs, as well as playing intel agent; I see the position much like that of Babylon 5's Michael Garibaldi. @JediFalcon's position will be interesting; as I'm seeing the Mercs "develop" into their new flesh, I'm seeing a very commando/pilot role for all. I see missions utilizing air support (the squadron) and ground support (spec ops) at the same time, but also being able to do one or the other solely as well. I think the NPC pilots (until we get more IC pilots) will go a long way into helping Falcon, @Coffee_Ninja, and @CPL_Macja define what the squadron will do in the future of the game (as everyone else has a very "specific" role).
    Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  20. Bravo Chosen One

star 6
    I'm getting a post typed up now. Alderaan is no more. I have got two PMs regarding NPCs already, great work guys! I'll get a chance to read through them in a second here. :)
  21. Bardan_Jusik Mand'alor - Manager of the EUC, SWC and Spinoffs

Manager
    star 10
    :_|

Oh wait. Alderaan shot first! [face_skull]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  22. Falcon Chosen One

star 8
    wait Alderaan was already blown up? I wanted to work that in o_O
  23. CPL_Macja Force Ghost

star 5
    No it will be when he posts the post he is posting about.

Sent from a Galaxy far away via R2-N6
    Mitth_Fisto and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  24. Falcon Chosen One

star 8
    Someone needs to remind Lasso that Fress and Kasumi are from Alderaan and need an extra few minutes. o_O Or Fress goes Jason Lasso hunting for insensitivity later.
  25. Sith-I-5 Force Ghost

star 5
    So, aren't the named JB npcs, the Wookiee brothers, Rachael, Tim Williams, Nurse Ulrika, Mary Starr; returning to the Johnny Boy?
Moderators: Penguinator, Ramza