main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Rocketjock Eatery (A Star Wars: Intervention OOC/OOG discussion thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Bravo, Apr 5, 2011.

1. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Yes I will ASAP. Gotta get some college homework done first, then I'll be online again. I'll stay logged onto the boards, checking in now and then.

What I'm thinking, is Bardan_Jusik can get a post up today in response to Mr. Biggs, I can wrap up our recruiting with Rusty "Two Thumbs" McWilliams. That would wrap up the Bespin side of things and then we just have to wait for GenOochy and KraytDragon90 to post and for Smuggler's Run. While we wait, I figure Jusik and I can character develop our ICs really good and flesh out the NPCs a little more. I already have an idea on how to introduce McWilliams, which will put Taab and Lasso in some hot water, but would force both characters to showcase their skills.

Hey Sith, your imagine for General Perez has been removed from photobucket...check the Quick Reference page on him.

2. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Depending on how homework goes, I'm going to be extensively working on the Force Chart today, getting it ready for game two, as well as working on another draft for the intro to the second game, which I will post here for review from you guys.

3. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
  4. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Okay. That link works, Sith.

I never understood how cookies worked with the internet. Never. :oops:

5. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Okay, added the following to the NPC list:

• Chief Enginner Tim Williams (minor edit on appearance)
    • Nurse Ulrike
    • Pilot Seira Trasks

6. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Post is up. yeah Mr. Biggs is a total Mr. Gibbs knockoff from PotC. But I figure that makes him easy for everyone to use in their posts. :p

[​IMG]

7. GenOochy

GenOochy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 8, 2003
  8. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Good job Jusik! :p

GenOochy, PM your character sheet to CPL_Macja and he is in the process of building Intervention's own Library Wiki. Its our fail-safe in case anything would ever happen to the boards in terms of another move or a complete data-loss. Its a big work in progress and essentially, CPL takes whatever is posted in the Quick Reference and transfers it over to the Library Wiki. All of the links are in the Quick Reference and most are in my signature.

And it seems CPL posted it for you already. Never mind. [face_blush]

9. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    I didn't do anything that page was created by oochy

Sent from a Galaxy far away via R2-N6

10. GenOochy

Jan 8, 2003
    Actually, I built that page. Is it alright if I continue to update it?

11. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    cookies are for eating :p

kidding

A cookie retains your username, password and how long you stay logged in for.

When you log in and you click yes remember me below the password box, it creates a cookie with your username and password and you don't have to log in again after shutting down your browser. When you bring up your browser, you don't have to log in again.

If you do online banking, I would settle for remembering your card number, more and more people are grabbing phones and such in hopes you have your information saved in a cookie. They can retrieve your card number and password.

12. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    Yes... but only your page.

13. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Its okay for now, GenOochy. I usually like the Library Wiki with access for just CPL and myself, but its okay for now. I thought I had the security perms set to that, I guess I was mistaken somehow. *Shrugs* Its all good.

Thank you Falcon. Yea, I never ever hit "save password". Always seemed like a nice little trap for someone to access my stuff. Considering I have a buddy who knows more things about computers then most certified IT support techs, I have some knowledge about the dangers out there he's told me about (he builds his own computers and only has a HS diploma...flipping smart guy).

14. GenOochy

Jan 8, 2003
    Alright, no problem. Gotta admit, it's not a half bad looking page, now, is it? xD

15. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    I only hit save password on certain sites like this one is okay and facebook, a couple of others. Otherwise, I memorize it.

16. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    I accidentally hit save password on something today, but usually I avoid doing that too.

Thank you for the advice, Jedi Falcon.

Bravo, Library thread looking good. Not much of a beard on Tim, which was your first note to me when I took on the character, but that is your call. You are missing the quote tags from the Sandy memories.

17. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Got it Sith. I'll add them in. I'm almost done with this paper (only almost 6 hours later). I always had imagined Williams with a beard, but when I was doing research on the character I modeled him after (in Alien), the beard didn't seem to fit right. Eh, maybe you can post IC that he got a beard trim. :p

It does look good GenO.

18. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Maybe sometime between Intervention and Allegiance, Williams passes a mirror, and decides to dispense with the beard.

Sandy: I don't even know who you are, any more.

19. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    [face_rofl]

Okay, so paper is done. Almost 7 hours later. But hey, research and writing for a 9 page paper done in one day. Not half bad, is it?

So, after dinner (and one more homework assignment), I'll be back online. I think my butt is attached to this seat permanently today. :p I'm going to begin work on the Force Chart and the intro to the second game. Please note to our new players, the intro is based on who is actively playing in the game...as soon as you post, I can get you in on the intro post. The intro post is completely done by me with player approval and review before final posting as a prologue into the second game. As of right now, it will be long, long, long, long. And hence, optional to read with a Cliff Note's version for players to more easily access. I don't want to scare away potential players...hey, I could put the super 3 novel long intro in the Quick Reference with a link to it! Man, am I smart! :p Yes, that was egotistical. [face_beatup]

20. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Welcome to KraytDragon.

21. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    GenOochy your page is looking good. I made some changes so that it is uniform with the rest of the character pages.

22. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    So, if I follow the link to GenOochy's Wiki CS, how do I then see what other character sheets are available. Doesn't seem to be an obvious link or dropdown that would let me see that.

23. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    I will add it to the main menu bar this afternoon.

24. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Okay, so I'm going to void my last post. I was asked to slow down a little to let others catch up and I can't help but agree. So, I'm going to void my last post and bring it down a notch.

GenOochy and KraytDragon90, assume that we are still chilling in the Sentinel on the landing pad, talking up a good time. I'll post the re-edit here ASAP.

EDIT: Changed Havoc Neb's flight suit to a armored flight suit.

25. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    I have added a Characters category with sub-categories of Player Characters and Non-Player Characters. There is also a heading in the Navigation Bar for the Wiki that links to all three categories. If you place your pointer on "Characters" in the Navigation bar it will give you an option of two drop downs (Player & Non-Player) of which the top 8 pages in each category will be available to view.

However if you would like to view an entire list of Player Characters or Non-Player Characters you simply need to click on which ever you would like. I hope this is what you were looking for Sith-I-5, I am planning to get more pages up this coming week. Since my other office manager will be back on Monday morning I should be able to squeeze some work on them in between customers.

Bravo would it be possible to upload the pictures that you have (other than the ones that I have given you, obviously) to the Wiki.? That way as I add pages I will have them to add as well, thanks.

Bardan_Jusik likes this.