main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Rocketjock Eatery (A Star Wars: Intervention OOC/OOG discussion thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Bravo, Apr 5, 2011.

1. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    Hmmm. They are indeed suicide missions, Taller did say as much in his briefing, or close to suicide missions, but I'm not quite sure what you mean. And sorry about you feeling uncomfortable, I really doubt that's the intention here. Clashing against evil forces seldom is. :(

2. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Thank you for weighing in, JediFalcon. :)

Grey, I understand where you are coming from.

I don't have the luxury of just roleplay. I had to make changes to Yav' to keep you people sweet, that means his intervention - no pun intended - in her situation will involve me PMing Mitth to ask, "Hi! Did this kill me?"

If it did, Bravo gets more work, I'm off the mission, and Mitth is soloing the frigate. That might still happen if he's okay and has to Gate.
    The barrier between IC and OOC means he has no idea what I had to do to him to get him in the game.

To me, checking if I can avoid giving two GMs extra work, seems sensible.

I played my elf for years in the Everquest Massively Multiplayer Online Roleplaying environment. I know when he intervenes; I know when he waits to be asked.

Hank's situation looks dire, but from a paramedic's point-of-view, Dude's message did not say that he was injured, so that does not trigger anything.
    The rebel operative being stung by the Dark Wolf...Yav' has advised over comlink that he can Cure Poison, though the info that victims can last for several hours was post explanation, rather than something that Chris passed over comms.
    No-one has yet relayed the Winterkill situation.
    So, I didn't just pick Sodalis because she has an S in her name. A triage of sorts has determined that he goes after her, and as far as he knows, he might get back to his post in time for the ambush later.

So Grey, while I've got you here, any objections to your character being teleported to a 'safe zone'? No idea where that is; that's another PM to Bravo.

3. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Hey Sith, I hope your social events were enjoyable. :)

And hmm. I think I see what's happening here. I think something similar happened in IBOP many years back. I'll be sending you a PM Sith. (Btw, those D&D spells are rather handy!) :)

Off TOPIC: Also, I missed out on the legendary Everquest MMORP, but I've been involved in Azeroth for sometime now. Fun. :p

4. Whitelight

Whitelight Jedi Master star 4

Aug 10, 2007
    Okay I know I'm going to be showing just how blond I am..but guys Im very clueless what you all talking about...*make note to self to learn this lego of theirs*

On another note I think I had a break through with writing my character here, getting use to writing with you all maybe Im just coming out of my shell, Im very please with my last post to Bravo..

5. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY INTERVENTION! [face_dancing] :D

Two years today at 3:46pm board time, STAR WARS: INTERVENTION (A story-telling style OT starfighter game) opened its doors to the Role Playing Forum at TFN. Originally designed as a fast-paced, single starfighter game set in the Original Trilogy, Intervention has since become the Role Playing Forum's longest running active game and a storyline that has spanned two years and plans are in place for a second game! Despite some low's lows where Intervention almost shut down once in late 2009 and again in early 2010, the game has seen unparalleled success and growth since February/March of 2010 to the present.

Since opening it's doors, Intervention has expanded to add it's informative [Library Thread] STAR WARS: INTERVENTION (A story-telling style OT starfighter game) and social haven for it's players and staff, Rocketjock Eatery (A Star Wars: Intervention OOC/OOG social thread).

Two years have come and Intervention has seen the best of times and the worst of times. Through it all, friendships were formed, community among players and staff in the game has grown, and a sense of belonging---of family---settles on the majority of the Intervention players and staff.

Here you go 'ole girl! Thanks for two years! :D

[quote=JediFalcon]Honestly, that's crossed my mind as well. And if it involves someones rp character you should not be allowed to kill the rp character unless you have the individual's permission to do so.

The situations you've put our characters in looks like suicides missions. And I'm very uncomfortable with the way the posts have been going.

That's my two cents. [/quote]

I see where your coming from, JediFalcon. But let me venture out there that I don't think your seeing the whole picture of what is going on. And, I don't expect you to. The Game Masters (Bravo, greyjedi125, and Mitth_Fisto) are expected to know everything and the Support Staff (Sith-I-5) is expected to know enough to get his particular mission done. That's our jobs in a leadership/management position. As players, I only expect you guys and girls to know enough to enjoy the game.

With that said, let me explain why somethings are happening the way they are. And the situations you find your characters in can be explained into three categories: [b]active players[/b], [b]realism[/b], and [b]storyline[/b].

[b][u]1) Active Players[/u][/b]

While the "Active Players" category doesn't directly apply to your Rebel cruiser mission, it will help clarify a few things. Right now, your reading the game posts and you see three major events going on; on one event, you have the Rebel cruiser and the players involved there; on the other event, you have the Imperial convoy; and on the third event, you have Three Flight's mission.

In all three major events, you have nearly impossible or close to suicidal missions happens. Which was [b]NOT[/b] the plan originally. I'll explain the three missions in terms on active players below.

[i]A) Rebel Cruiser Group...[/i]

In terms of the Rebel Cruiser Group, there is no highlighted issues with active players at the moment. In regards to that statement, the Rebel Cruiser Group mission was designed with two things in mind: first, a mission for all the recently added new players to get their feet wet in the world of [i]Intervention[/i] and secondly, as a story plot device to move this game towards a "end game" and open up the storyline for the second game.

[i]B) Three Flight...[/i]

Three Flight's mission started around the same time as the Imperial convoy mission did. And while the mission, in terms of active players, started off full strength and with amazing storytelling, DREAMSTAR is in the United States Air Force and he

6. Helljumper1178

Helljumper1178 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 5, 2010
    Greetings!

Good news, I've just finished my whitewater training...So I am now less vertically challenged in the water, and can now roll (Sith, no joke, that vid really helped). With that training out of the way, I can now get the rescue training done later this year.
    So now I've just got my Wildland Firefighter training to finish this coming week. Their shipping me out for that, but I should be back by Wed, and will have a post up by then. I'm sorry I couldn't get something posted Friday, I had an unexpected emergency that took me out of town for most of the day.

Thanks for your patience guys, and wish me luck this coming week...its going to be rough.

7. Lukes_Apprentice

Lukes_Apprentice Jedi Master star 3

Oct 15, 2008
    Well Bravo that explanation made a lot of sense, in fact it explains a lot. Bravo I can see the line you and the other GM's are having to walk (biting nails). In the mean time I have been working on Go'tica background and will be introducing the rest of the crew of the Oran I hope sometime soon. Sith I will try to reply to you tag soon I'm still organizing my thoughts on Go'tica's past.

8. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    Bravo,

Where does our little Imperial frigate group stand in the scheme of things? Not looking for spoilers but wouldn't want our part to be overlooked! :p

Great post by the way. Let's make Intervention last for a very long time.

9. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Happy Birthday Intervention!! *blows candles!! ( Par-tay!) :D [face_dancing]

Hey, Helljumper. Welcome back. Gratz on completing your training...so are you a jedi yet? :p

Good Luck with your finals and see you soonish! [face_peace]

10. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    *Pushes in trolley bearing a circular, iced cake. The top is sand-coloured, with a half-buried Marauder-class corvette in the centre, flanked by two lit red candles*

Someone get a knife; who wants to dole out the slices?

Helljumper, really, really pleased with you for getting that roll sorted. I am no stranger to not being able to find time in my schedule for things, but for as important as being able to right your kayak is...fighting to free your lower half from an elasticated opening whilst underwater and unable to breathe...****.

Good work, and good luck on your Wildland Training.

If you would like some help with one of the characters you are baby-sitting, let me know.

Grey, Bravo, thank you for the Sodalis clearances; and Bravo, that was a great explanation for Active Players, Reality and Storyline.

*A young girl's voice, definitely English, and faintly hollow, echoes across Rocketjocks*

"Wait a second..., this is not The Hive?"

Sithy looks up, "Hi, Red Queen. Call me Sithy, or I-5. I am auditioning artificial intelligences (AIs) to run the Rocketjock Eatery, and this is your probation period. See how you interact with the other patrons, that sort of thing. For our safety, you will notice that I have not given you control over any doors, lifts, or access to knock-out gas, or the sprinkler system."

"And what if there is a breach? How am I supposed to protect the facility?"

Sithy considered, mulling over the visitor he had mistaken for a potential jelly-wrestling contestant. "Well, if a forthright German girl comes in, definitely don't draw her attention to the spangly costume behind the counter. Other than that, just offer them a Pepsi or something and you'll be fine."

:)

"Would you like a Pepsi."

"With a teensy bit more feeling..."

Some time later...

"Alert. Alert. CONGRATULATIONS to our own GREYJEDI125 for Best Roleplayer on the boardwide Summer 2011 RPF Awards."

"Yes, that's the spirit. Grey has colours for two weeks, his name will eventually appear in the permanent hall of fame for our best GMs, roleplayers and games."

=D=

11. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    Congrats, Grey! You've earned it!

12. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Sith!! did you just....!? LOL!! :eek: [face_blush]... I mean, thanks guys, much appreciated. ( orders a bigger rock for his cave :p )

As I've said before, we are all part of the same community. When one wins we all win. 'Tis a group effort after all, so thank YOU all for your continued inspiration and participation.

Also, I'm really looking forward to an amazing 'endgame' ( and set-up for the new game.) So lets give it our best effort!! [face_dancing]

13. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Congrats Grey! :D

:oops: Okay, so can't you tell I'm busy? :p

The Imperial frigate has a similar storyline connection with the second game. It will play a similar role in opening that can of worms as does the Rebel cruiser group does for the second game. But it, ah, well you see, ah, Imperial frigate might run into additional problems... [face_whistling]

14. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Would you like a Pepsi, Bravo?

Great posting, ]Mitth, and the music worked perfectly; it even seemed to be timed right.
    Havah reacting to Winterkill going down, barely registering the news on the ill-fated other team, just great.

I wasn't sure which droid your commando was talking to, and, are you in a game with Saintheart? That's the second time you have tagged me as "Saint"!

Would you like a Pepsi, Sithy?

Have you got Pepsi Max?

If you open the fridge door for me, I can have a look, but it might defeat the object.

15. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    *Looks at hologram*

No...thanks. [face_worried]

*Runs to other side of Eatery.* :p

Scary dead looking girl is going to take some time to get use to. ;)

So it seems like everyone is doing theme music. :) I saw your post Mitth, checked out the music, but haven't had time to read the post yet. It took me two hours to find the theme music with the post I'm going to do. [face_beatup] The post is really involved and will takes lots of Holy Bible research too. Big project on my hands I have.

16. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Thanks! Glad to know the music worked Sithy, and :oops:! I haven't played with Saint except maybe once, but I've chatted with him before on whatnot so . . . I don't know what's up with that. Although I always wanted to get into a game with him one of these days just to figure out what the hype is like from the other side of the fence.

Would you like a Pepsi?

*Stares at hologram a moment before shaking head* Ah, no. Thank you, I only drink Root Beer and that two brands only once in a blue or red moon.

Anyways, it took me about an hour and a half of youtube searching after writting the post to find that music Bravo, amazingly by searching for a flute requiem. There was a flute duo attempting to perform it and I thought the idea of the sound was good and almost fit even if their rendition wasn't and didn't. Finally found a rendition that seemed to work in my head (haven't read and listened at the same time myself yet) so I'm glad others think it works.:cool:

Sith in an earlier post of those two disguised commando droids, (dressed as stormtroopers) standing in front of the crate with the starfighters and back up droids, I posted one of them overheating/system error and shutting down thus transfering all duties of Central to the other droid as it ran a self diagnostic.

17. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Ah, so that was them. I thought the post was referring to the commando droid sent down to Engineering.

*Watches Bravo run away.*

Mm, maybe this is not going to work.

*Stares at hologram a moment before shaking head* Ah, no. Thank you, I only drink Root Beer and that two brands only once in a blue or red moon.

Root Beer. Oookay. Information added to my database. I-5?

Yes?

Do we have root beer? The fridge was stocked before I was brought online.

I will check, but this may not be working out.

Did I do something wrong?

*Looks towards Bravo, keeping his distance from the hologram.*

No. But I cannot have patrons scared to be around you.

I can operate simply as a voice, like Mother in the Alien franchise of films.

Okay, let's try that. I will re-assess at the weekend. Turn your hologram off. By the way, George Lucas was at the Canadian Formula One Grand Prix! :)

18. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    There are some stupid polls out there. Greatest Screen Puppet of All Time? Granted, Yoda won, but somebody had way too much free time on their hands.

19. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    :eek: *gasps at Bravo's ability to RP the darkside. What unnatural skills you have! :p

20. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Bravo, you do Vader all to easyo_O

Well my next ideas of what I would have to post have been vaped, but I'll get on the new capiton' one pronto before a ronto arrives.

21. Lukes_Apprentice

Oct 15, 2008
  22. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Wow!! Everyone is posting such amazing posts that it's both inspiring and intimidating all at once. Looks like the whole party is getting a level up in RP skills! lol.

LEVEL UP!! w00t!!

On another note, we have a corporate visit tomorrow morning at my job ( yes, on a Saturday even!) [face_frustrated]

I'll be able to post late saturday night the earliest or Sunday. Please accept my deepest apologies, Bravo, Mitth, Sith, I don't mean to hold things up, but the 9-5 has gotten really evil of late. :(

Anywhos, keep up the good work everyone, we're almost at the pay-off!! Woo Hoo!! [face_dancing]

23. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Ah, levelling up...[nostalgia] :cool:

I do understand the concept of mixing OOG knowledge with in-game action, I really do. But when, during the course of my day, I realise or discover that I have made an error, I really do enjoy RP-ing it, and realising that my main character is not wearing one of the two fundaments that protects a stormtrooper in vaccuum, after I have already put him outside an airlock, how could I not act on that...

Grey thanks for that.

Bravo nice pacing and plotting on that Lasso post. Good on you.

It's the weekend now, so I shall try to catch up what is going on with the Rebel Cruiser. The Fress player, short posts, but reading quite well.

:)

24. Lukes_Apprentice

Oct 15, 2008
    Finally, my post on the past is up I hope you all like it along with the description of flowing into the memory. ;)

25. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    I echo Grey's words. Everyone is doing a great job! :D

Thanks Sith on the Jason Lasso post. [face_blush] I was debating heavily on two things. First, was it too soon. And second, how I wanted to approach the whole idea behind the post, i.e. do I drag out what I already posted into the second game (which I clearly decided against) or do I post what I did and let the character struggle and grow through that. I chose the second one and I'm glad I did. It sets the foundation for the character's storyline and one of the second game's main story points etc.

In any event, I'm headed to bed. 6:10am to past 8pm working means this: I-)

God bless all. :)