main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Rocketjock Eatery (A Star Wars: Intervention OOC/OOG discussion thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Bravo, Apr 5, 2011.

1. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    o_O :p buckethead

2. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Jusik, flipping awesome post! I grew up around Vietnam vets (my dad's friends), so your posts connections to that era and the music you use hits extremely well with me. Great job.

I am catching up on posts, after doing some homework just previous.

3. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Glad you enjoyed it. :)

[​IMG]

4. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    I'm here... this month has been crazy with having two weddings in three weeks, sorry I've been unresponsive. I'll get a post up tomorrow.

5. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    [:D] sounds nutty Mac [:D]

6. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    I am reminded of the Doctor panic-reviewing the tactics of taking on a Dalek battle fleet

"Minimum, twelve thousand starships. They would never expect a surprise attack....because we'd be killed instantly. So it would be a fairly short surprise."

That said, Bravo's right, even if he's not totally sure himself. The numbers don't matter. What matters is that we need to get rid of Vader, distract him somehow. Naturally, my initial thoughts went to Jedi Kasumi mooning him over hypercomm from fifteen parsecs away, but thinking more tactically, the Mercs and the Jod need to brainstorm what would get Vader to drop everything to go investigate or pursue, and then put Squadron Leader Colias in charge of getting the distraction sorted.

She previously wanted to send Vader a cryptic message via an Imperial npc. Fine, do that. Go crazy. Head fifteen parsecs away from Project Zero, mind trick as many people as you like - obviously it'll have to one-to-one, as per Padawan restrictions, but even with that, if you tell them to call Vader's private comm number around the same time, a lot can be achieved.

Once he's out the way, a KoJ capital ship (with tractor beams), and the DD rock up to one of the outlying Imperial Immobiliser 418s via Red Space, lock tractors on the Imp' vessel, and Red Space away with it, leaving the 'Delinquent in its place.

At the most, we'll get

Project Zero Defence Fleet - "What the **** was that?!"

Delicate Delinquent - "What the **** was what?"

Project Zero Defence Fleet - "...Uh, never mind."

7. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Sith, the DD is a vital component of my tactics in fact. Hence why I edited in the 418's the other day. It all comes down to concentration verses numbers. Remember, there's a whole star system to defend from attack (forgot to mention that earlier..opps... [face_blush] ), so Imperial forces won't be concerted towards one direction of attack. That is the ONLY hint I am giving. [face_skull] There is a lot more, trust me. A LOT more. [evil_laugh] :p

8. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Okay, should be heading home soon from RenFare rehearsal (its a bit of a drive). Once home, I'll be working on tags and story background as soon as a small bit of homework is done.

9. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Sorry all. I feel asleep last night. I was only going to take a nap...yea, slept right through my alarm. Didn't even touch my homework either. I'll get tags up tonight after rehearsal, promise, since I also have to get my homework done or its late.

Sorry once again. It'll take a few days to get adjusted back to RenFest and the strain on the body.

10. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Take all the sleep you need. If you are driving, you cannot afford to be tired.

If you want me to run anyone, let me know.

11. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Thank you Sith. Okay, yesterday was a long day after I got home. Holy moly was I exhausted. But, good news, I have tonight off of homework (I'm just going to have to bust butt the rest of the week on it to get a free night tonight). So, posts, here we come!!!! :cool:

12. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Okay, Port Haven folks, a few things to note (I PMed Jusik these earlier).

• Mara Jade and Mr. Red must escaped unharmed; Jade is a movie/canon character, so she must avoid damage, injury, etc. that would alter her canon role in the Star Wars galaxy. I recommend reading Timothy Zahn's Allegiance if you have questions, since this Port Haven incident in our game happens several months before Zahn's book.
    • A sizable Imperial force must remain (from Jade's forces) at Port Haven and the shadowport under Imperial control. The DD needs something to shoot at. :p
    • I wouldn't hang around Port Haven too long. Just saying... ;)

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  13. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    From my understanding of Hand modus operandi, my upcoming post will describe that an Emperor's Hand visited the sector capital to get a force to help her take Port Haven, and it will attract the attention of SG-12 and Captain Sard to the area.

This will also be the opportunity for Mary, the V-Wing flier who just made planetfall on the beach, to meet up with the Mercs.

BTW, where is the Luck's Gamble parked.

Also, if Jason Lasso was not a Force Sensetive being run by the GM, I would be wondering how he knew the DD was on its way.

14. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    There was no Force-sensitivity on that one Sith (I've been trying to avoid Force use in all honesty with Lasso right now). I thought Lasso knew the DD was on the way...did I somehow get that confused with reading other IC posts? :confused: If I did...well, just ignore Lasso's thoughts on the subject. ;) Sorry for the error.

15. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Sorry, missed that question. Its parked on the beach with several other ships.

16. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Sorry for the delays all! Hopefully will have a post up tomorrow late night ;)

17. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    OK, I am going to call myself out on this and call Taab's escape from the freighter somewhat fantastical (not in a good way), but I needed for him to get Mara Jade off ship to give everyone else a chance at escape and this seemed the best option. I thought of trying to fight Jade back into an escape pod and launch it off, or taking off with Lasso instead (along with several other options), but none of them really felt right.

Besides this way gives Lasso something to do besides just sit there, provided he can get himself free. :p

Expect the rest of the fight to get posted after a Lasso post (and after I have written it). ;)

[​IMG]

18. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    I have to say Jusik, that was one of the best action posts I have ever read in 11 plus years here on the boards! :cool: And while the initial escape could have been hard to pass as to your own words on the freighter, I feel that the fall through air scene was completely realistic! Awesome job!

19. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Well I am glad someone liked it then. :p

[​IMG]

20. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    lol

I posted a TBC post. But feel free to structure a tag around it. To homework I must go!

Skip One folks, how you doing? I know with Coffee out of the country and Mitth dealing with DRL, things must be a bit quiet. Anything I can do to help?

21. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Bardan, that was a great post.

Re. Skip One, I was going to have Ool-Re-Kospi come in to shake things up a bit, but now that Port Haven has kicked off early - it was touted for Intervention Stories, I believe - I'm going to have him re-think the asteroid navigation idea, and go on his way.

Bravo, that Port Haven pic you put up, can you re-jig it with the Imperial positions, as I do not understand all of your placements. I'm bringing in the Monster Squad to run your Imps. Do you have your stormtrooper lieutenant in any particular place?

22. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Thanks, I really did worry I had taken things too far with that one.

Things are about to get very interesting on Port Haven aren't they?

[​IMG]

23. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    How do I modify the pic Sith? I've never done that before, but sounds really cool.

Yes Jusik...yes.... :D

24. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Right click on the picture, and save it on your PC, then load it into Paint. Make the necessary changes if you are able to use the programme (I cannot seem to use the Paint that came with Windows 7, but am great at the previous version), and then upload the pic back to wherever the RPF looks at them.

Two squads (18 men, 16 men with losses) were sent to each far flank and set up a line for defense towards the freighter and a line of offense towards Port Haven in an arrow formation.

What does that mean? With the Imperial freighter gone, is this something to do with the ships parked on the beach?

Also, are the AT-STs North of the Octagon, or South of it, within the Alleyway?

Also, since your tactical description makes a point of referring to snipers several times, it would be handy if your long list of troops and weapons mentioned them too, instead of just going by their ranks. Still, it is a very good list, and easy to miss something that isn't noticed till someone tries to work with it. Like they say, no battle plan survives contact with the enemy.

25. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    Hi y'all... I am out of town at my sister's place with no computer for the next few days... I ended up in the ER last night with another esophageal blockage like I did last year. Apparently I have a sliding hiatal hernia that might require surgery to be repaired... I will try to get a post up in a few days once I get to my parent's house.

Sent from a Galaxy far away via R2-N6