main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Rocketjock Eatery (A Star Wars: Intervention OOC/OOG discussion thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Bravo, Apr 5, 2011.

1. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    looking forward to Josch's reaction to what Fress just did ;) [face_mischief] [face_batting]

2. SWBob

SWBob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 19, 2003
    My back hasbeen acting up the last couple days so i havent been able to sit at the computer long enough to type up a post. Ill try to get one up tomorrow or sat.

3. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Hope you feel better soon Bob

4. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    Forgot my footnote in my IC post...

Timey-wimey line is from Doctor Who "Blink"

Sent from a Galaxy far away via R2-N6

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  5. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Okay, good news and bad news. Good news, I'm buying a tablet keyboard for my cell phone to write posts on the boards. Bad news, laptop may not be fixed until next week. Going home now to see if this keyboard will work with my laptop.

6. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Okay, good news. The keyboard works. :)

I have just got to my PM inbox. Because the keyboard isn't perfect, I have yet to figure out a way to edit and or post in detail yet. With that said, please consider VOID the part of my last post where Fress was held down. She requested that part of te post be removed, since I did not consult her prior to the post, and I have clearly agreed to such request.

7. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    That's good news Bravo.

And thanks :)

8. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Welcome, Falcon.

Okay, it seems like Sith has thrown me a curve ball. Well, well, two can play that game. :p

9. kommando104

kommando104 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 27, 2013
    Great, now I have to go through my stacks of DVDs just to rewatch this one for at least the 8th time.

Also, on a similar note, great post, Falcon and CPL_Macja. :D

Mitth_Fisto and Falcon like this.
  10. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    I am perfectly capable of either getting to Lasso, or creating enough Imperial opposition to have to abort the House of Vimal's attempt, by myself, however, it is good to see Allegiance stepping up to the plate.

I have written a post for the Jod reaching Mary and Salmakk; in light of the developments, will add an update for the ImpStars and Tango before posting.

Right, if Lasso is using the island communications network to boost the transmission, unless the Empire or Jod start using NCIS-style tracing, surely a triangulation of the transmission source should lead everyone to the island, rather than the submersible?

11. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Thanks Kommando

12. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    So what's the plan from here?

13. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    What's the plan from where?

Are you asking Falcon, re. dinner and a date for Mac and Colias; or the group generally, or Bravo / myself, re. moving in to get Lasso and the others?

14. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    Seeing as Fress and Josch are now in their fighters dinner is going to have to wait :p

So I guess my question is to both the group and Bravo / Sith-I-5...

I'm assuming that the natural inclination for those characters that know Lasso and the others will be to fly cover for the rescue... but not sure what Stake's orders are for us since they seemed general and vague.

So like I said before... what's the plan from here?

15. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    I'm under the impression from one of Bravos posts that there are three destroyers just outside of scanners range and that's the reason he pulled the Allegiance back and called everyone back for a new strategy. Do we just clear a path for Lasso to escape or do we get sandwiched in by an ambush and try to fight out way out.

16. kommando104

kommando104 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 27, 2013
    Falcon, I'm working on my next Cain post. Can I assume Snap Dragon jumped with Allegiance to Port Haven?

17. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Hmm, I guess that explains the lack of reply to my email last week Bravo. Hope the repairs go well!

So. . .what am I missing as I seem to have five pages of back log in game?

18. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Jeth is an excellent gunner. :p

He has been busy operating the Crusader's lower quad mount.

[​IMG]

19. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Hmm, I see.

Proceed'a. :cool:

20. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    sure you can.

21. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Okay, three options:

1. Join in the rescue, either diving into the atmosphere, or remaining in orbit to join the dogfight and three-way battle between House of Vimal, Cimmerian, and Allegiance;

2. Remain with the "backstop" position formed by the DD and the Eleventh Hour at the outskirts of the system. At least, that is where I assume the backstop position to be;

3. Dock with the DD for refuelling, now that thanks to Wolf's prisoner, we know where the fuel lines are.

CPL

Kommando, good post. Salmakk already knows Mary is not human. Her natural alien form is one that can fly fast at about two metres off the ground. I'm happy for her to grab Salmakk round the waist and nip him over to the rescue shuttle.

That okay with you?

Kommando

22. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Okay all, an update. The good, the bad, and the ugly. In reverse.

The Ugly: $1100 laptop is toast. Mother board gone less then 15 months later. Warranty expired and trying to het a mother board and not being a certified vendor...next to impossible. Plus, for my laptop, mother board reaching close to $500. Estimated to time to repair, month or more and that includes re buying the warranty. What happened...my birthday gift Civ V melted the video card, which melted the mother board...however it happened, both the gaming card and mother board fried in less then 3.hours of gaming.

The Bad: I'm still looking at around $1,000, but I get a custom built desktop and notebook. However, if I can wait a week, I can hold off on the notebook and just get the desktop up and running by next week and save money to around $750 or so.

The Good: I'm almost out of this temporary hell and I hope to be catching up tonight.

23. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    wow, you might as well just buy a new on at that price.

And you melted your motherboard. Replacing a motherboard in a laptop is more of a pain then replacing one in a desktop. Your just better off replacing the laptop at that point...

24. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Wait for the new desktop. If you want to play games, and you're human, and male, so yeah, the desktop will be easier to ventilate - fan draws heat out, than with a laptop. Especially custom-built.

If I can ask, are you still financially attached to your apartment, eg. the one you originally had?

25. tyratoku

tyratoku Jedi Knight star 1

May 10, 2005
    I've been rocking a laptop for the last few years and I pretty much regret it. It was a $600 laptop and I feel that I could have definitely invested it better on a desktop if I was thinking straight. I bought it thinking I'd be bringing it to some of my classes but I can count on one hand how many times I actually needed it. I'd say go for a new desktop, Bravo. Especially if you've got the budget you're talking about, you can custom build a pretty darn good machine that can play mostly anything, as far as I know. I can't wait for they day I can drop ~800 on a desktop. Do this and I can live vicariously through you :p

And to the RP, if I send Kilo back out into the space battle, should I have him meet up with Firecracker/some other pilots? Or what? I know I have the option of going to the space battle(and already committed to it), but I'm not sure where it's going from there. I'm still new to this, guys and gals, help me out here [face_laugh]

Sidenote and mostly unrelated, but I've been working on a short fan-fic lately. It's already complete, is only five chapters, and I was thinking about posting it on the board. I read through the FAQ and as far as I can tell, I don't have to PM any mods before I post, do I? I see Falcon posting stuff over there all the time but I figured I'd just ask everybody in general just in case.