main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rocky Mountain Mandalorians

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by ibentmywookie81, Jan 2, 2013.

?

Formation of the Rocky Mountain Mandalorians

1. DO IT!!!

5 vote(s)
    83.3%
  2. NO WAY!!!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Formation of the Rocky Mountain Gungan Gangnam Dance Squad

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. ibentmywookie81

ibentmywookie81 Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 28, 2010
    So, Just curious about everyone's opinion on this. We (Jeff, David, and myself) were talking about forming our own Mandalorian based group as a branch of the RMFF. Would there be any issues with this or does anyone have any thoughts?

2. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    I just want to see DH dance.

3. JawaJaka

JawaJaka Jedi Knight star 2

May 24, 2011
    What's wrong with the regular Mando group? Why a new one? We've already got lots of SW groups in the area. Do you really want to spread yourselves too thinly? Go ahead if you really want to, no one can stop you. But I think it's just plain silly...

Unless, of course, Sith and DH dance for us in their Mandos! LOL

4. ibentmywookie81

Mar 28, 2010
    Honestly, the problem isn't with anyone local, it's an issue with the higher ups within the Mercs and the constant problems they create for us in trying to run a clan. This would ideally be pretty much the same people, just with a better over-all direction.

5. Sarnia

Sarnia WOTR Liaison star 5

Jun 1, 2004
    As long as it is part of our plan for total domination by sheer awesomness, why not?

6. Robal_Krahl

Robal_Krahl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 23, 2003
    Sure, go for it. I have a few scraps of armor lying around from when I was making my costume.

What happened with the Mercs, if I can ask?

7. ibentmywookie81

Mar 28, 2010
    I'd rather not say in such a public forum. I'm not looking to say the Mercs are bad, this is just the end result of some very common problems that a lot of people have had with the leadership there.

8. Robal_Krahl

Robal_Krahl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 23, 2003
    Oh, don't get me wrong; I've dealt with them before, and they've always been very nice people. I was just curious.

9. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    As far as I'm concerned, you costume as Mandos, some of us costume as Jedi, pilots, Tuskens, etc. People with similar costumes have usually gotten together to build and discuss and such, so your idea, ibentmywookie81, is just an extension of that, and I see no reason not to embrace it. Cyodarun has a Mando, as well.

It's a big sandbox, and we (the RMFF) are not elitist as to who gets to play, IMHO.

My 2 credits.

SITH__CHICK likes this.
  10. ibentmywookie81

Mar 28, 2010
    I appreciate it. That's what I'm looking for, a more inclusive option for Mando fans.

11. BFett88

BFett88 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 5, 2003
    I say go for it. Is there going to be some sort of approval process? If so what are the requirements?

12. catz44

catz44 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Not sure if we should have "requirements" that is something the RMFF has never had. All costumes are welcome, and I think if this is a branch of the RMFF then the same should hold true. ;)

13. ibentmywookie81

Mar 28, 2010
    I think I speak for Jeff and David when I say we were planning on more of an open participation. No requirements, just friends helping friends make the best stuff they can.

14. catz44

Jul 25, 2004
    Sounds awesome! Are you planning on casting any female armor?

15. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    There is female armor :p Don't know where you have been. I say we are a SW FAN group, some collect, some costume, some just post on the board due to age or distance and they are all considered RMFF members. If we have an outrageous number of Mando costumes like we do Xwing or Tuskens so be it. Nothing the Mondo Merc's can say about it, the name or costume doesn't belong to them, now if we tried to make our own rules, etc. yeah they would have a right to be upset.

16. catz44

Jul 25, 2004
    Really we have female Mando boobie plates?! I didnt know. :D

17. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    [​IMG]

Female (and male) Mando inclusivity is good. Go for it y'all.

18. ibentmywookie81

Mar 28, 2010
    Cool. Well, it's looking like I'm gonna be clan Alor'ad again, so, I'm just gonna make the clan a joint group; Part Cerar Clan of the Mandalorian Mercs, part Rocky Mountain Mandalorians.

19. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    I agree with both S__C and Catz. Like S__C said, we are a SW group with a wide range of interests. The one thing I'd want to be careful of, if you're looking to form an "official" subgroup, is that it is done in such a way as to not discourage non-costume members or potential members. Not everyone costumes or wants to costume after all. I'm not saying this would be a problem... just want to make sure it's kept in mind.

PtrsonsZOO and QueenHighMistress like this.
  20. cyodarun

cyodarun Retired RMFF CR star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    I love my Mando, and I think I could get Lisa into one of those booby costumes....should there ever be an armor pulling event [face_praying]

Sarnia likes this.
  21. Sarnia

Sarnia WOTR Liaison star 5

Jun 1, 2004
    I might be interested in a booby mando

FanForced likes this.
  22. FanForced

FanForced Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2007
    Does this involve taking a mold of the chest? What happens to the plaster when you're done? To the highest bidder?

DieWompRatDie likes this.
  23. ibentmywookie81

Mar 28, 2010
    Lol, I'm going to defer to the prop master general, Jeff, for booby plates...

cyodarun likes this.
  24. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    Not sure if we would have a general boob costume or if each person would want their own. If you want your own ........

25. catz44

Jul 25, 2004
    Depends on the boobs ;).