main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Rogue cop in LA

Discussion in 'Community' started by jp-30, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    i dunno i think the fact that a lot of people share sami's beliefs about this shows that people are willing to believe quite a lot about the LAPD at this point, and with good reason.

2. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    Am I the only one who actually believes it's Dorner who is lying and not the LAPD? I've found zero evidence that backs up his version of events.

3. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    oh good god are you for real? some sort of weird richard nixon clone perhaps?

4. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    you've found no evidence to back up a single individual's testimony against a massive and widely-known to be corrupt organization? rehehehehhheeeeeaaaaaallllyyyy now?

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

5. Fire_Ice_Death

Fire_Ice_Death Force Ghost star 7

Feb 15, 2001
    Someone said this is the 'for some people this is the ultimate video game'. Really? I know a lot of the older people see Call of Duty and think, "Wow...this is what gamers like?" But honestly no gamer I know would be saying that having a shoot-out and hostage situation would be 'the ultimate video game' unless you're ****ing stupid. Like that guy.

6. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    If the courts or an investigation rule that something LAPD did was criminal, then it's criminal. If they rule what they did was not criminal, it's not criminal. It's that simple. With Dorner there is ZERO chance his killings were not criminal.

The US government is corrupt, that doesn't mean I believe the nuts who say Obama is a Muslim communist out to destroy Western Civilization.

If there is only one person who says something happened one way while everyone else said it happened another way... I'll believe that latter.

7. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    what if hes pardoned?

8. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    If he is pardoned he is pardoned. He is free.

9. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    is he still a "criminal"?

10. DarthLowBudget

DarthLowBudget Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 17, 2004
    It's just that your quote "unless an investigation proves any of their actions are illegal... they are legal" implies that with the government no wrong doing occurs until the government determines there has been wrongdoing, or effectively "everything the government does is legal until the government changes its mind about what is legal." Which is, if you don't mind my saying, pretty fascist.

11. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    its 1939 on the jcc. an axis of fascist posters has meteorically arisen over a remarkably short period of time. i call soviet union. darth guy is probably the free french. who wants to be the other allies?

12. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    Not once you are pardoned.

That's the way the justice system works. You are not a murderer until a court proves you are one. And even if you are a murderer and the court finds you are not, you are not. So unless a government action is proved to be illegal, it is legal. Who else is supposed to decide legality but the government? Should we just have mob rule where angry mobs enact justice when the government doesn't make rulings they like?

Essentially I believe in innocent until proven guilty. If Dorner is arrested from that point on I will presume innocence until evidence proves otherwise, which likely would not take long.

13. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    if the government is undemocratic (and it is) yes. yes you should. until a funcationally progressive, democratic system can be installed

extralegal actions by individuals have been and always will be the primary impetus for change in political system and human societies. deal with it

14. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    That's treason.

15. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    sure why not? who cares? treason against an unjust system is the only truly just course of action

16. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi

Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    The cops won't let this guy go to trial because he's already murdered several innocent people, ergo, they are going to kill him, if they get the chance.

The father of the person Dorner claimed his training officer kicked and otherwise beat up said that his son had bruises and contusions consistent with what Dorner said happened. Because the son has mental problems, his testimony was not believed.

17. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I won't get to march into Paris. :(

18. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    martin luther king jr, rosa parks, malcolm x, nat turner, john brown. traitors all; criminals all; heroes all

19. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    So anytime a government does something I feel is unjust I have the right to rebel and install a new government based on my own preferences? I think you will find that is a course of action you would not wish for me to take. Because there is a lot of stuff the government does I feel is unjust.

I feel Obama has done very unjust and unethical things along with Congress, but I would never raise arms against them.

If your government does stuff you don't like, vote the people doing it out. If they don't get voted out the people have spoken. I don't like Obama and the policies he's enacted, but the people voted for him so I accept that.

20. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    fortunately people like you are too lazy and comfortable to rise up against the government. maybe if you were being actually oppressed in some tangible way (i mean other than all the ways that you are already perfectly happy with because they fit in with the ideology you've been fed) you might become radicalized

21. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    Martin Luther King Jr, hero. He did not throw an armed revolution to set things right, he used the law.
    Malcom X, not a traitor but advocated things I would find dangerous
    Nat Turner, rebel who murdered women and children. If he stuck to only slave owners I might be more sympathetic to him but targeting civillians is low.
    John Brown, traitor.

Not even then. If you can't change your government legally it doesn't change. As a Christian I am taught that we were to submit even to tyrants like Nero and obey the law. I may not like or agree with the government, but I will obey it.

22. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    Waaaaaah why won't oppressed people follow my rules???

Adam of Nuchtern likes this.
  23. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    every one of those people did things that were deemed criminal and that they were not pardoned for. they either did jail time or were executed. Martin Luther King, for instance was considered a subversive (traitor) and was monitored by intelligence agencies looking to discredit him and worse

sad. apparently martin luther king jr was a bad christian in your eyes. he was sent to jail for breaking the laws of a government he found to be unjust. rosa parks did the same. indeed her most famous action (in a long career of activism, something that is often glossed over) was a premediated, willful breaking of the law that blacks had to sit in the back of the bus. she set out to break the law as part of a larger bus boycott in order to show her government that black people would not settle for that law any longer

even king and parks actions would nto have been enough to create real change in the united states if it weren't for people like malcolm x and stokely carmichael showing that they were willing to go even farther if change did not occur. parks and king could easily have been ignored by the northern and washington whites who ultimately had a say in changing laws, if it weren't for the threat that things might go farther if the population was not placated.

king gets the lion's share of the credit in the history books today because it is convenient for the status quo for people like you to believe that only good well behaved children get what they want. that even king broke the law to make his point is glossed over and whitewashed because it just wouldn't do for you to think he was a "criminal". why, then you might start questioning the whole notion of "criminal"...

24. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Because the police have never destroyed evidence before.

Also dibs on India.

25. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi

Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    The police chief is reopening the investigation into Dorner's firing, so there are some unanswered questions.

Let's not derail the thread while we wait for the standoff to be over.