main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters Rogue Jedi: Kyp Durron Discussion & Story Index -- Looking for a new challenge/discussion topic!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Dantana Skywalker, Jun 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RebelGrrl

RebelGrrl Jedi Master star 4

Jan 13, 2006
    I personally side with 'hopeful thinking' on Han's part, re: stated preferences for Kyp getting with his only daughter.

Han knows Kyp. Han likes Kyp. Han trusts Kyp. Han doesn't really know Jag, and he'd've taken his little girl off into the Unknown Regions. Han doesn't like Zekk.

2. iamobiwan1970

iamobiwan1970 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 23, 2005
    Hi!

Bringing this back to life as a favor for the Kyp fans who have been bitten by the plot bunny. Dana, please help. :D

3. obsessedwithSW

obsessedwithSW Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    Just read Rebel Dream and Rebel Stand even though it was J/J thre still there is something to the J/K partner thing that is really appealing. Kyp has some real force talent and isnt afraid to go out on a limb for Jaina, very sexy!

4. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    I think you just hit the nail on the head there, obsessed!

We have a challenge that's been posed by Flowerlady, so here it is:

Write a short story at least 2000 words long, but no longer than 3 or 4 posts, about Kyp Durron and his brother Zeth.

Some questions to consider:

If Zeth had been saved by Kyp or if he had otherwise survived, such as not being on Carida at all during its destruction, what do you think Zeth would have thought of Kyp?

Would Zeth been able to bring Kyp back to the light side or would Kyp only have descended further?

What if Zeth had friends on Carida that were killed in the destruction?

Requirements:

Phrases
    ?Mom and Dad were pacifists?
    ?Do you ever miss?

Words
    loyalty
    green
    proliferate

Dana

5. iamobiwan1970

Aug 23, 2005
    thanks to both flowerlady and dantana! I plan on participating! :D

6. Flowerlady

Flowerlady Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    Thanks Dana for posting and thanks to Zonoma for the great ideas. .. I too plan on taking part...

:)

FL @};-

7. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Upping this in light of Kyp's actual involvement in recent books.

We need a new discussion topic. Anyone have an idea for one, or a new challenge?

8. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    Rosa-Belle and I had an idea, if someone'd be interested in helping out or even writing it themselves:

What reasons did Kyp have in taking Miko as an apprentice?
    I'd personally love to see the two of them interact on an Anakin/Obi-Wan kind of basis. At least that's how I picture the two of them together.

This could turn out to be a very long story or maybe just a short mission viggi of Kyp and Miko.
    Canon lacks Kyp in his Master role, imo.

And since there's hardly anything known about Miko, it might be a bit of a challenge.

9. iamobiwan1970

Aug 23, 2005
    Well, I think most of us here also visit The Kyp Durron Fan Club where we just wrote of several possible bunnies. I am trying to finish two pieces first before allowing any new stories to hatch!

10. Princess Cambria

Princess Cambria Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2006
    Here's a plot bunny for anyone to use...

What if the Empire had found that Zeth was Force Sensitive while on Carida and turned him over to the Emperor and he became an agent for the Dark Side... Perhaps we would have seen a showdown between the Durron brothers. Will Kyp stay to the light, redeem his brother or follow him to the Dark Side?

11. iamobiwan1970

Aug 23, 2005
    This is a great plot bunny Cambria, but it would require a command of the Thrawn Trilogy to write. I think it would be important to know how Zeth would have fit in as an Emperor's Hand.

I'd love to read this fic!!!

12. ImperialSolo

ImperialSolo Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 1, 2008
    Hey fellow Kyp-fans.

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but was there any proof that Zeth was force sensitive?

If so, how strong do you think he could have gotten, compared to Kyp?

13. iamobiwan1970

Aug 23, 2005
    no proof of Zeth being Force sensitive, just speculation. He was able to appear to Kyp after he had died. Also, it seems siblings are said to be at least equally capable of having the same Force potential...ie. Leia and Luke etc....

That's why it would be fun to have a Zeth story that way.

14. ImperialSolo

Feb 1, 2008
    Are we sure Zeth appearing to Kyp wasn't a hallucination? ;)

About siblings having the same potential: Luke and Leia are twins. So are Jaina and Jacen. Wasn't it established that Anakin was stronger than J&J? Or am I hallucinating now? :p

I'm planning to have Zeth as a minor character in a fanfic but make him less talented than Kyp... Sorry that I can't add to that challenge. I feel like I'm treating Zeth unfairly now. [face_blush]

But I'm not changing it for this one! [face_devil] ;)

15. RebelGrrl

RebelGrrl Jedi Master star 4

Jan 13, 2006
    We were given the impression that Anakin might some day be greater than his siblings. I think that was part of the build up to making it even more tragic for him to sacrifice himself to save the rest of the Jedi Order.

I am of firm belief that Force potential can suddenly spring up out of absolutely no familial history. It would have to, in order for the "no children/no families" rule to be applied to the post-Ruusan Reformation Jedi Order and for them still to be able to find new children to bring into the order. Force-sensitives have to come from somewhere! :)

Now, we do have several old Jedi on the 'dead but not gone' side of the fence at the time of Zeth's demise. There is also direct evidence of two untrained Force Sensitives retaining their identities after their death with what seems to be Yoda's assistance in Star Wars Marvel #92.

I'm willing to believe just about anything about Kyp's familial Force sensitivity, but perhaps Zeth was sensitive to a degree and Yoda (or Obi-wan, or Qui-Gon, or Anakin Skywalker) helped him remain on the self-aware side of death long enough to appear to Kyp, to help Kyp's road back to the Light.

16. ImperialSolo

Feb 1, 2008
    I think the problem is that there never was an explenation why people (don't) appear as Force ghosts. :p

But good points. :)

17. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    I don't know much about Before the Saga but I was under the impression that the first Jedi who was able to come back from the Force was Qui Gon. He came to Yoda and then subsequently to Obi Wan while Luke was growing up on Tattooine.

18. -TricksterJedi-

-TricksterJedi- Jedi Youngling

Feb 13, 2008
    So big big question.

I had an account [by the same name, actually] back in '05 and I got hooked on a story called 'Just A Kiss'. It was a challenge piece that wasn't complete when I was forced to leave the boards. Anyone have any pointers?

19. The_Face

The_Face Ex-Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 22, 2003
  20. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    This fic?

I'm afraid that she still hasn't updated, sorry. Might want to PM her and ask if she plans to continue it.

EDIT:

I owe you a Coke? You should have more respect for your elders, whippersnapper! :p

Dana

21. -Trickster-

-Trickster- Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 12, 2003
    Yes! Thanks so much you two. [grins] Yeah, I remembered my old login password... [laughs] Looks like -TricksterJedi- will just have to become a sock. [laughs] Thank you very very much :D

22. Deneveon

Deneveon Jedi Master star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    So I've recently gotten back into the boards after a looooooong hiatus. Any old Kyplings left around here from 03-05?

23. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
  24. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Me, too! THough I got on the bandwagon quite late!

25. thesporkbewithyou

thesporkbewithyou Jedi Master star 4

Feb 13, 2005
    -raises hand- Right over here... since '05, actually.

Think I might have even posted in this thread a couple of times. Glad to see it sort of back. Kyp definitely needs some more love. He's being sorely neglected and OOC'd in canon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.