main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rogue Leader #1 Question

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ive_Got_Two_Legs, Sep 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ive_Got_Two_Legs

Ive_Got_Two_Legs Jedi Youngling star 4

Jul 18, 2005
    All right, this new comic is going to chronicle the exploits of Rogue Sqaudron one week after Endor, right?

My memory is a bit rusty, and I might be wrong, but...weren't they at Bakura in that time period?

2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    It's set after Bakura, IIRC.

3. Rouge77

Rouge77 Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2005
    By one week... Is that enough time? To Bakura and back? (It´s been 10 years since I read the book.)

4. Ive_Got_Two_Legs

Jul 18, 2005
    I remember that they arrive at Bakura either two or three days after the Endor battle, and that they were there for several days at least, but I can't recall any more than that...

I do remember, however, that at the end of TAB, when they left Bakura they didn't go back to Endor, but to another planet.

Hmm...

5. BeregondoftheGuard

BeregondoftheGuard Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 7, 2004
    "Something about 'Imperial battle group,' something something 'small,' and 'quickly if we can,'"

While Luke speculates that Ackbar's found something somewhere else, it could be "An Imperial Battle Group is attacked Endor! Our defense are too small! Hurry back quickly if you can!" Either way, I don't think it will conflict that much with whatever the Rogues end up doing.

6. eddie1969

eddie1969 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 3, 2005
    Maybe Wedge is still at Bakura during the early events of the story...

7. Starkeiller

Starkeiller Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 5, 2004
    No more Continuity mistakes, please! [face_praying]

8. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    No more mistakes! [face_praying]

We can squeeze it in there. I mean, look at the post-Yavin to Hoth timeline. :eek:

Or how about the Han Solo pre-Yavin timeline: Rebel Dawn->Underworld->Wookiee Storybook->Rebel Dawn is one possible version (and that's only Han & Chewie, Leia's is much longer.)

And then there are contradictory sources which imply that ANH takes weeks (EGtC, possibly Rebel Assault and some comics) or that it only takes a few days (the film itself, conjectures from various sources.)

Empire Stikes Back is another problem. It's commonly held that it takes months for the Falcon to reach Bespin/Luke to be trained. Or at the very least, weeks.

Return of the Jedi is less confusing, but it still has problems. Tales of the Bounty Hunters states that the rancor is killed the day before the Sarlacc executions, while other sources (including Tales from Jabba's Palace and the Essential Guide to Aliens) imply that Jabba and the Rancor were killed on the same day. After that, the movie seems to take a week or more (Luke going to Dagobah, time for the Tyderium to reach Endor, etc.), which is proved by the number of missions in X-wing Alliance between the Tyderium launch and the Battle of Endor.

In the post-Endor we already have the Bakura incident, the Nagai & Tof invasions, "onward to Ssi-ruuk space" battles, Tales: A Wookiee Scorned ( ;) ), and a number of minor conflicts (X-wing, Glove of Darth Vader, etc.) I don't know how long the Bakura incident lasts, but I believe its about a week or so. We'll make this fit. :)

9. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I think we can trust Blackman to do his research here.

10. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    It all depends how long a "week" is, too... ;)

[image=http://images.darkhorse.com/common/salestools/previews/swxwing1/swxwing1p1.jpg]

All I can say is that the Ewoks know to hang their game once they've shot it. Proof of civilization, if any were needed.

I like. :p

- The Imperial Ewok

11. sidious618

sidious618 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 20, 2003
    Well, Wedge has yet to show up in that preview. For all we know it could jump ahead another week or even a day.

Besides TTAB begins the day after RotJ so that gives us plenty of time, I think.

12. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    I for one am thrilled at a chance to see some shots of the Rebel fleet in the wake of the battle of Endor. Now, according to the old Marvel comics series, a good portion of Ackbar's fleet remained at Endor for awhile. Yet, parts were detached for important missions almost immediately. For example, a battle group was sent to the Ssi-Ruuk homeworld, consisting of the captured cruiser Sibwarra and twelve Neb-B frigates. There was also a battle group deployed shortly after Endor to assist in the liberation of Clak'dor VII.

Also, some shots I saw of the new comic shows what appears to be Mon Calamarian designed transports assisting in the cleanup efforts over Endor. The shots I have seen look nothing like the Mon Cal cruisers in use at the time, so we may be seeing a new class of ship.

I cannot wait to get this comic!

--Adm. Nick

13. Ive_Got_Two_Legs

Jul 18, 2005
    Personally, I wish they'd gone with the whole Endorian Holocaust thing.

14. Starkeiller

Starkeiller Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 5, 2004
    The preview looks quite positive Continuity-wise (and art-wise and story-wise). It has the Rebel fleet working to prevent the Endorian Holocaust, something that we learned from Apocalypse Endor (great issue, best photo cover ever). It's written by Haden Blackman so I can feel sure it won't contradict neither Truce nor Marvel, right?

15. Tam_Elgrin

Tam_Elgrin Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2004
    Yeah, Blackman =/= continuity error.

16. Zebra3

Zebra3 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 28, 2004
    Oh boy! That Ewok is scary [face_worried] :p

17. Senator_Cilghal

Senator_Cilghal Jedi Master star 5

Jul 19, 2003
    it would be cool to see the 2nd Battle of Endor from Rogue perspective