Rogue leader to PC

Discussion in 'Games' started by Coligeon, Feb 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coligeon Jedi Knight

star 3
    Is there any word on this happening? I know it is doubtfull, but I am one that is hoping this will happen. I've heard Lucasarts plans to no longer create any of the classics into games. I'm a fan of the classics, so that says it all. I don't exactly want to spend $199 for a gamecube just to play one game. Any thoughts are welcome.
  2. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Sithman? Over to you...

Consensus is they won't port it to PC.

As for Classics, if you mean LES wont make anymore games based on the Original Trilogy timeperiod, I think you're wrong there.

I'd imaging a Jedi Outcast will have an add on pack withing a year (I know it's set after the OT, but it features stormies & OT characters). Battlegrounds & Galaxies are OT too.
  3. Obi_Wan_01 Force Ghost

star 5
    Isn't there a thread like this one.
  4. PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff

VIP
    star 5
    About a year ago, Starfighter wasn't going to be ever ported to PC, IIRC. Oh ! Weird ! Starfighter PC's right in front of me...

IMO, they'll port it... Maybe it'll be in only a year, but I think we'll end up playing it on PC.

Well, wait and see...

NB : IIRC, again, the announcement of Starfighter PC happened only 6-8 months after the PS2 release... So there's still a whole bunch of hope.
  5. Sithman Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    You're in luck, Coligeon!

RL will be coming to your PC this summer!
  6. Coligeon Jedi Knight

star 3
    That's good to hear. Thanks. What I meant by not having classic games anymore is like one based on luke's journey. Remember the star wars titles for the snes? Like those, it's be great to see those in a form like jedi outcast. I know it won't ever happen though. I hope you all are right about Rogue leader. Thank you.
  7. Darth_Simpson Force Ghost

star 4
    Sithman, where did you hear that?
  8. Sithman Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    Hear it? No where. I know.
  9. Darth_Simpson Force Ghost

star 4
  10. Ben Kenobi Force Ghost

star 5
    We didn't like to tell you all before, but Sithy's an LEC spy. Sshhhh!
  11. Emperor_Dan Jedi Master

star 4
    Spy? Sithy? But he's... Flanders!
  12. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9
    So, is Sithy a spy for us or for LEC?

13. Sithman Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    Only if people pay him.

*cough*

[face_mischief]
  14. Coligeon Jedi Knight

star 3
    Is there an official link that says anything about Rogue leader being ported to the Pc? Thanks.
  15. Sithman Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    Yah, my post right up there.

Dude, it'll happen.

Rogue Squadron, Battle for Naboo (both Factor 5 like RL), Starfighter.

It will come.
  16. Jomero Jedi Knight

star 3
    Ummm.... didn't LEC sign something with Nintendo so that this would be a GameCube exclusive? Exclusive means that it ain't goin' nowhere but GC.

17. rumsmuggler Chosen One

star 7
    I believe that was the same with Rogue Squadron. I think that rule only applies for console systems...
  18. Sithman Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    Right. It cannot go to another console.
  19. Ben Kenobi Force Ghost

star 5
    I meant for us, but he appears to have gone mercenary.

Do console manufacturers not see PC gamers as competition, or would LEC not make the game if they were blocked from porting it to PC?
  20. BattleDog Jedi Knight

star 2
    Factor 5 and LA signed a deal a few years back where they would produce three games for Nintendo, then they would be ported.

Personally I'm hoping LA will make their flight games more and more complex, so eventually they will make a new XW. If you combine Starfighter and Rouge Leader you basically have XW.
  21. rumsmuggler Chosen One

star 7
  22. MarkI Former TFN Games Staff

VIP
    star 1
    The question should be asked: Why would you want Rogue Leader on the PC? Neither Rogue Squadron, Battle for Naboo or Starfighter were strong crowd pleasers, and RL was developed with GC in mind. At best, you can expect RL with joystick support and little framerate drops. But no additions or multiplayer support.

I'm sorry guys, but I just can't see RL being worthwhile on the PC. It's a factual waste of time and money that should be spent on the next X-Wing title.
  23. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Rogue Leader Chat Transcript

briancooper: Will Rogue Squadron 2 be available for the PC someday? Or is it just going to be a GameCube exclusive?

Blaster1: will rogue leader be coming to xbox?

Rogue Leader Team: Rogue Leader is a GameCube exclusive title. We will not porting Rogue Leader to any other platform...

Time to face facts, kids...

24. Dan Force Ghost

star 6
    Another fact is that it is now 4-5 months after RL was released. RS was released around the same time, and the PC port of BfN was announced a few days after the N64 game came out I believe. I'm sorry, this is not going to happen.
  25. Sithman Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    JP: That's not porting it to another console. It will come to PC, however. :)

Dan: Oh ye of litte faith.

Plus, it has NOT been 5 months since RL's release, [Watto]I'll promise ya that![/Watto]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.