main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics A/V Rogue One #1-6 (Comic Book Adaptation) (6/6 Released)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by starocean90, Jan 12, 2017.

1. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    Release is April 2017.

[​IMG]
    http://ew.com/books/2017/01/12/marvel-rogue-one-comic/?xid=entertainment-weekly_socialflow_twitter

2. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    Cool that Gareth and LFL are supplying additional ideas for moments, scenes, etc. I think the TFA adaptation was crippled a bit by not having new info or scenes that could be shared.

And how cool is it that Noto is getting a version of his fan art made official as a comic cover?

3. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    I've been dying for a R1 comic. They release TPBs right? If so I have to get one. My collection feels so incomplete without something between TFU2 and ANH.

Amon_Amarth and starocean90 like this.
  4. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    I agree about TFA saw some previews and the art looked bad and didn't seem to do anything new, so I skipped it from the beginning. What I got from people was that it wasn't good and felt rushed.

but the RO one seems to already have more potential to check out.

5. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    Looking forward to this for sure. I would love to see a little more set on Kafrene (but that's just me and my odd obsession with this little asteroid city).

Is it me or is Chirrut's staff invisible in that cover art, though?

starocean90 likes this.
  6. La Calavera

La Calavera Force Ghost star 4

Sep 2, 2015
    Now, this adaptation actually sounds interesting.

7. onqun

onqun Jedi Knight

Apr 7, 2016
    Actually I don't like these type of adaptations but if they include new important plot filler scenes(For example more scenes of Chirrut and Baze or the rebellion itself such as Draven,Bail,Mon Mothma,Pao,Melshi,Blue Leader,Moroff and SAW.[Not likely to include them all, though].I belive that then it would be worth checking out!
    Note:Despite saying such things I think I wouldn't stop myself from at least reading the first two issues[face_cow]

starocean90 likes this.
  8. redxavier

redxavier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    I want to be excited for this, it will be neat having a comic version of the great moments from RO, but I'm not holding much enthusiasm mainly because adaptations so far have been pretty weak. The same can be said for the other movies. The TFA adapatation was 6 issues long and felt rushed, so we'd need at least 8 issues for RO.

The manga adaptation has been the best, and the ANH one was superb at capturing both the energy of the movie and the emotion.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. ifleninwasawizard

ifleninwasawizard Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2014
    I was pretty down on an R1 adaptation but I have to admit this might be cool. The inclusion of extra scenes could make this worth it.

10. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    Love this, now I can marathon read TPM, AOTC, Dark Horse, Clone Wars TPB's Vols. 1-6, ROTS, RO, and the Star Wars Original Trilogy Graphic Novel ( http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars:_The_Original_Trilogy:_A_Graphic_Novel ) in comic form.

I used to go for the old Marvel/Dark Horse adaptations for the original trilogy, but I find that the ESB and ROTJ adaptations haven't aged that well. ESB ran with the old script dialogue (No "I know" from Han), and ROTJ has a blatant word balloon ordering error in Palpatine's dialogue when he uses Force lightning that even the recent remastered Marvel comic didn't fix. And I include Clone Wars TPB's 1-6 because it fills in for the Clone Wars and shows Anakin becoming a knight.

11. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    GRNN! is definitely among the weirder sound effects I've seen used to represent starship engine noise.

Vthuil and vncredleader like this.
  12. DaffyTheWizard

DaffyTheWizard Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 4, 2017
    Cool, sounds interesting. With the relaunch of the X-men and Inhumans comics and now Rogue One is coming to comics Marvels is going to end up getting a lot a money from me. XD

JediFett10 likes this.
  13. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    <Alan Rickman on> Of course. They. Do. <off>

Probably be Sept-Oct depending on how much double shipping Marvel does, keep an eye on the general Marvel thread.

Amon_Amarth and Kylun like this.
  14. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    the RO adaptation is also 6 issues.

15. redxavier

redxavier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    [​IMG]

16. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    This looks good. I like how it'll expand on the novel, which some of the original comics didn't seem to do.

The PT and OT ones look a bit ugly to me so I've been avoiding them. Is the "manga" version different than what sidv88 posted (or is that the same one)?
    I haven't read TFA but it looks better and is on my "to read" list.

17. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    If this is going to be more than just a word for word adaption of the movie like the TFA comic was I'll give this a try. Was really dissapointed in the TFA comic.

18. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    The manga is different than what I posted

19. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    So this ISN'T the rogue comic we were promised last year is it?

20. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Still didn't get a chance to read R1 novelization, but if the comic gets some extra scenes ("what will you become" and "I rebel" plz ktnxbai), then I'll definitely make it my priority.

21. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    No. That was going to be a prequel a la Catalyst.
    Well, it's a totally different creative team so if you're being fair, you're kind of obliged to give it a chance.

It also has some very strong competition from the novelisation to match up to as well.
    Take the hint: You really ought to.

22. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
  23. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
  24. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    I think it's the first time I see NOT FINAL ART in a preview, at least in interior pages.

vncredleader likes this.
  25. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    In the panels where it shows Saw leaving Jyn behind, as described in the film, she looks like she's still eight years old. I thought she said he left her when she was fourteen/sixteen (I can't remember)

Art isn't great either, Jyn looks kind of derpy in some panels. Just when we thought the "I rebel" line couldn't get any worse now we have it were she's saying it with a lazy eye :p